Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RTGizmo Run-time Position/Rotation/Scale Gizmo

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by tpelham42, Jan 19, 2012.

1. tpelham42

tpelham42

I would like to introduce my first Unity Asset Store submittion : RTGizmo

About RTGizmo
    RTGizmo is a run time position, rotation and scale gizmo that can be used in your existing or new Unity3D projects. The goal of RTGizmo is a simple, but powerful gizmo control that can be used for manipulating objects at run time for level editors, player decorating or any other use you may find for it.

The RTGizmo is not available on the Unity Asset Store for $15.

Gizmo Controller Demo
    WebPlayer Demo

Product Website and Documentation

Features
    - Position, rotation and scale gizmo control
    - Uses plane projection for accurate and smooth interaction
    - Includes a 3D gizmo model (Can be replaced with your own)
    - Includes custom gizmo shader
    - Includes axis handles for x, y, z, xy, xz and yz
    - Snapping options with configurable snap increments for all modes
    - Keyboard shortcuts for switching between modes and snapping(Can be disabled)
    - Gizmo control window for switching modes, manual value input and snap settings (Can be disabled)
    - Included functions for controlling the gizmo settings from another script should you want to replace the built in gizmo control window
    - Included with RTGizmo is the GUISpinner object class which is is used in the gizmo control window for manual input. The GUISpinner object has built in functionality for right click to reset value as well a click timer on the plus/minus buttons. This means that if you hold down the plus or minus button for a moment it will start going up automatically instead of clicking repeatedly to increment the value.

I would like to thank those who helped test functionality and provide feedback on this thread

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. DEADDUCKGAMES

DEADDUCKGAMES

3. imtrobin

imtrobin

Looks cool, but how about changing the control for rotation to a circle, like 3dsmax or some other modeling software. It's hard to tell which mode it is on.

4. imtrobin

imtrobin

Just bought it, orthogonal camera mode does not work?

5. tpelham42

tpelham42

Version 1.1 of the RTGizmo has just been submitted to the Unity Asset Store which works with Orthographic cameras. You should be able to update your purchased content shortly.

6. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

Good morning. I have been thinking in buying this component, but it seems that it has been discontinued. The web page sends a 404 error, the domain hasn't been renewed... It is a bit weird. Is there any place where I could still check the demo and find info about the plugin?

7. tpelham42

tpelham42

Product is still available and links have been fixed. I really need to visit the forum more often.

8. proso

proso

Hi, I ordered your asset, but I have a problem getting it to work. The handles aren't snappable. I think it has somethin to do with the camera.
    The demo works fine, but when I add an other camera to the scene and disables the original one, I still works but get a lot of the same error messages:
    SendMessage setEnabled has no receiver!
    UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object)
    GizmoController:Update() (at Assets/Gizmo Controller/Gizmo Assets/Scripts/JS/GizmoController.js:385)

When deleting the Original camera or just make a scene with the prefab/object/camera, the handles aren't lit up by my cursor.
    I'm using unity 4.5
    Whats wrong here?

9. tpelham42

tpelham42

Thanks for the purchase! I answered your pm also, but just to also answer it here you just need to tag your camera as MainCamera and those errors will go away.

10. proso

proso

Thank you very much for your help and support! It all works perfect now!

11. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

So, how do you delete a gizmo? Can't find docs/tutorial or a method that seems to support this obvious concept.