Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG-Starter-Package

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DevionGames, Feb 26, 2011.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Firedrake23

Firedrake23

Great, I'm glad to see you got a fresh start on the thread.

Now, in response to the question: As an amateur designer with not too much money, the $20-25 price-point would be excellent for me. I've always had trouble with this kind of thing, and I love RPGs. So, yes, this looks like something I would be definitely interested it, if it was on the asset store for this price.

3. PolyMad

PolyMad

Now this looks interesting, and I think you can raise your price... I'd put it around 50/70$

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

It will take 1-2 weeks. Documentation will be in german and english.

5. Airmand

Airmand

definately something i too will definately get

6. afalk

afalk

Sign me up :)

7. RoyS

RoyS

Is there a save system with this?

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

I can implement a saving system for player data and inventory. If you need more write down what you want to save.

9. afalk

afalk

If you implement a saving system, the player data inventory is a great place to start - esp if your Player data includes Quest data too!

10. DisTrash

DisTrash

Hello,

Looks excellent !! Is there any Fights system ? Dialogue system ? Quests system ? If i buy it can i have free lifetime upgrades, or i need to pay for all the changes and things you add in the future ?

20-25 USD will be great !

Thanks a lot !!
    Best Regards.
    ;) ;) ;) ^^

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

At the moment no, i am working on the example skills maybe i will add an simple Fight system as an example. i plan a questeditor---> simple questsystem. somthing like bring me some items, kill x npcs... but nothing complex.

i have to do the rpg- packege first and there is a lot to do. i will think about it later and write it down.

12. DevionGames

DevionGames

Small Update
    I have decided to delete some special Skills from the list, for that i have added a magery system with a "magery book" and diffrent example Spells.

Here is a Screenshot:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  13. prophet

prophet

Like the idea and what I have seen so far. This is something I would have interest in.

I would say if everything is included that appears you are aiming for then I would say 50 would be a perfectly acceptable price, but at the 20 to 25 range you may get more people buying cause the "plan" on making an RPG. Think 50 puts it at the place where people will buy it when needed.

14. DavidB

DavidB

Looking very cool, what spells do you have available? The icons look exciting :D

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

public enum SpellName {
    Fireball,
    Firebreath,
    Firerain,

Snow,
    Frostbite,
    Frostfreeze,

Thunderbolt,
    Energyshield,
    Energyfield,
    }

16. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Better :D

17. DevionGames

DevionGames

today i have begun with the quest editor here is the first pic of it. Very simple at the moment.

18. jay.pis

jay.pis

This is a really cool RPG kit, I'd totally pay $50 at most for this. Do you have a website specifically for this kit with more info, etc?

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

No, sorry. If i have done the package i will write more info.

20. Demostenes

Demostenes

2zerano: It looks like you played UO a lot :)

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

10 years :D

22. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

So you gonna release it or not?

23. DevionGames

DevionGames

I have less then two hours a day to work on it, and i didn't plant a Questsystem like there will be included. I hope that i finish the Questsystem + AI today and then i have to do the rest of the skills. I need for each skill 15-30 min. And a Fightsystem ( 2-3 hours), Savesystem(1 -1,5 hour). Then i have to setup a demo(2 hours).

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

nice system, but for the moment i'm still waiting for an audio and anims trigger implementation during dialogs ... ( maybe with different camera predifined positions).
    Good work

25. whyroph

whyroph

Wow thats nice how many money you whant i have money!!

26. konedj

konedj

realease it!! i love it :D

27. DevionGames

DevionGames

Small update to see in the first post.

28. Ullukai

Ullukai

looks good..really good... how much ? id buy it right away for $20 because that is all i can spend at the moment

29. psyclone

psyclone

Very Interesting. Will be watching this closely.

30. whyroph

whyroph

Xp and level system

31. konedj

konedj

this would be awesome

32. Qvist

Qvist

This is really nice! Looking forward to see it evolve!

33. DevionGames

DevionGames

If i have time tomorrow i will setup a webdemo, so you can see and test some of done skills. The Fightsystem is done too, i do not know how to call this but its similar to wow( i have played it 10 min :) ) , and the first fight skill swordsmanship is done too. but you will see it tomorrow.

i do not know how skills and attributes like Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence work in a "Xp and level system" in modern games but i will do a mixed system so that you can change it easy to the system you like.
    Mixed System:
    - Skills will raise by doing ( like in uo)
    - Attributes will raise based on level ( you have to choose which attribute you want to raise)

34. DevionGames

DevionGames

Okay here is the WebPlayerDemo:
    http://sigena.franken.de/~zerano/www/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

Navigation:
    C - Character Window
    I - Inventroy
    S - Skills

For Dragging the Icons right mouse button click. For Using an Item left mouse click the hotkeys are not setup in this version... The hotkey panel works only with mouse clicks.
    The skills are not translated into english at the moment. I will translate the skills tomorrow so that you know, what you are doing :D
    I have no attack and idle animation for the enemy so the enemy playes always the walk animation. Also there is no enemy helath display at the moment but if you use skills like swordmanship, magery you will kill the enmey. Your health will be always about 1 so you will not die because i have to setup the camera for the death view.

Not all works perfect at the moment, but i am working on it :D

35. Implosion-Games

Implosion-Games

Id love a release and am willing to pay 20 dollars right now via PayPal so I can start progress.

36. Ullukai

Ullukai

That is totally Awesome ! I had to choose the elf at the start and adjust the skills b4 I could play the demo and i could not figure out how to sell objects collected but I can figure that out later. You did a super job on it ! Congratulations !

37. larvantholos

larvantholos

Very buggy, couldn't create character the first time around, after entering all the information, had to cancel and reload it. Camera is stuck in a wierd position, dialogue boxes appeared off screen. But its looking pretty good beyond that :)

38. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hmm i have no problems there just tested and could not find something wrong could you explain a little bit more whats buggy there?

Do you played it in fullscreen? Which dialogue box appeared off screen?

39. larvantholos

larvantholos

I didn't play it fullscreen, the demo started in the default size in the webplayer. The initial dialogue in the scene appeared off screen, it was not re-sized to fit the small screen size.

As for why it did not let me create a character initially, not sure. I went create new character, entered my name. Then I selected through the races, came back to human. Assigned all my stat points to STR first, and then re-assigned them a few times, hit create, nothing. Tried choosing a different race, no go. So I canceled out of it. When I went back into the character select screen, I noticed there was no an avatar for the human, which there was not on the initial load, so something broke. Hope that helps.

40. larvantholos

larvantholos

Now that I check this again, I did not have the same character selection error. So no idea on that. The dialog that I could not see were the quest dialogs, since I managed to talk to one of the npc's, the default camera position makes it very awkward to see, I did notice you can change it with the right click and drag, however, it 1, makes you walk at the same time, 2, causes the context menu in the web player to come up, and 3, it not very friendly :)

Additionally, when I tried to move the quest dialog boxes on screen, the clicks went through and I moved around also, I do note this does not happen to the inventory, and character windows, just the dialog boxes.

41. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer

When you go to fullscreen, you can't click on things properly, it not lining up. You have to click below them a bit. Be it dialog choices or clicking to pick up items.

C - Character Window
    I - Inventory
    S - Skills

None of this worked.

When creating a new character it didn't work at first, had to cancel, then try again and it worked fine.

42. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes this is an old style of moving i have to add wasd movement :D You can also zoom in and out with the wheel...

Ahh thank you i forgot to add them to a dictionary.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  43. DevionGames

DevionGames

Small Update
    - wasd Movement added
    - Skills translated into english
    - cancle Button fixed (thank you for reporting) (gameobject Core was double in the scene)
    - some checks added if level is ready for load (You will not get the Start Button until the next level is ready for loading)
    -"S" - Skills moved to X because of the wasd movement
    - Running with shift

Navigation:

Camera:
    - You can rotate the camera with right-click and dragging. You can also zoom in or out with mouse wheel.

Magery Book:
    If you found the magery book in the scene you can click on it and it will be placed in your inventory. Open the inventory with "I". Click on the Book and you will have a Gui with Spellicons. Click on the icon and drag them into the hotkey panel. For some spells you need a target. An Enemy is targeted if the red ring appears than you can click with the right mouse button to cast the spell. if you click the left mouse button you will loose the target and nothing happens.

General Items:
    You can use items by clicking in the inventroy, some items will be removed like potions. but there are some items that have a GUI ( Hammer, Alchemy Book, Chisel, Magery Book...) If you want to close the GUI you have to click on the item again.

Container:
    If you click on the container, random items will be "spawned " in it. You can collect them by clicking the left mouse button. If you want to close the container you can do this by clicking the right mouse button.

Equiping items:
    You open the character window with "C" and the inventroy with "I". Clicking with the right mouse button on the icon in the inventory you will drag the icon. you have to click on the slots in the character window to equip the item. On clicking again to the slot you will unequip the item. You can also drag a new item to the slot, the equiped item will be changed.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  44. konedj

konedj

- Run animation is not a loop!! :D
    - You should try to put an "X" button in each window to close it, when you have a lot open its difficult to close it.
    - All in english (international language)
    - When you get a mission and the NPC say :" You dont have the object i want in your inventory". It would be nice if the NPC tells you what object do u have to get.

PD: youy're doing a very very good job!!
    ;D

45. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you for testing.
    the run animation is in loop i do not know a lot about animations i am not an artist :D so i do not know why the animation is freaky.

Added:
    - Mining
    - Carpentry
    - When you get a mission and the NPC say :" You dont have the object i want in your inventory".
    item name will now display ( not in the current webdemo, if i add more i will upload a current version.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  46. josif

josif

wow this is amazing im so happy i came to your page XD

47. DevionGames

DevionGames

Update:
    - Windows have a close button
    - new Skills added( fishing, wrestling(automatic if an enemy attacks),healing( you need bandages for it),meditation...)
    - selling items
    - maybe more i can not remember( i had a little bit more time today)

new demo uploaded.

48. DevionGames

DevionGames

All i wanted and more is done i will write a documentation today, please try the saving system in the standalone version Standalone .

If you press "esc" a menu will popup there you can save the game:

49. RoyS

RoyS

Impressive, Zerano! A couple of questions. I was testing your system and was trying to fight with the sword. How do you go about doing that? I looked thru the posts above, but either missed it or it's not there.

Also, can you place items back into the game world? Sometimes, you want to display your trophies in display cases or on tables.

50. DevionGames

DevionGames

Drag the skill to the hotkey panel target an emey and press the skill with right mouse button in the hotkey bar. The most skills, you can use this way. Other with clicking on items. And some you "use" indirect ---> passiv, i have to do more videos and i will do them anytime.

And if i add more and more i will nerver finish it, and the price will be raising, but i will to have it availible for all :D i will first end the documentation and then wait for buyers if there are any, i will do more updates but if only 2 people buy it i will fix only bugs(if there are some)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011