Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Skillpoint System - coAdjoint Action

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by coAdjoint, Dec 8, 2015.

1. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Create The Next Generation of RPGs With coAdjoint Action.

Description:

Action uses a brand new level-up system to help you build amazing RPGs in Unity. Unlike the previous generation of RPGs, skills in a game using Action are related, just like in real life.

In your typical RPG, skills do not affect each other. For example, in a fantasy RPG, your skill with a sword doesn't have any impact on your skill with an axe.

Action changes this. Skills in a RPG using Action can be connected, meaning that improvements in your sword skill have a positive affect on your axe skill, just as they would in real life. The strength of the connection is chosen by you.

Features:

- Action requires no programming: creating your RPG using Action is done entirely using our intuitive user interface.

- Full Mobile Compatibility: works on iPhone, Android, PC and Mac.

- Extensive Documentation with step-by-step tutorial.

Free Trial Attached BELOW

Download Now On the Asset Store!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Teila

Teila

Hey, nice to see the changes. :)

However, one issue I have...on your website, you have "examples coming" and those have been coming for a long time. I had hoped when we were ready to tackle this part of our game, that the examples would finally be there. But you only have examples really for Orbit, which is not nearly as difficult to understand as Action.

I hope you will consider finally finishing those.

3. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Teila!

You have my word that examples are coming. This year I've been doing a lot of contract work and haven't had the time to work on the software much. Creating an example project for Action is on the top of my agenda.

Teila likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila

Very cool! :) I think it would help your sales as well.

5. Duffer123

Duffer123

@coAdjoint ,

Presume this asset is dead and no longer supported?

6. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Nope stil supported! It's just that no one buys it haha!

7. Duffer123

Duffer123

With Playmaker support, support for progression, perhaps integration with TPC, compatibility with Unity 5.6 and a realistic price tag ... you'd have a winner on your hands... ;)

AGregori likes this.
  8. AGregori

AGregori

I have to agree about the price tag, it's out of this world for an asset that's not a complete RPG system.
    Yes it's innovative and cool, but too expensive.

9. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Thanks for the feedback guys. In regards to Playmaker support and so on, I'm hesitant to build these features since no-one else asked for them! @Gregorik - what would a reasonable price be?

10. AGregori

AGregori

@coAdjoint, thanks for asking. Around $40 if you ask me. Plus it needs to be integrated with at least some of the popular RPG solutions, like ORK or Makinom. I know, easier said than done. ;)

11. Duffer123

Duffer123

I'd add TPC by opsive to that and unity 5.6 compatibility...

With the right price tag and decent api reference I'd build playmaker actions as wrappers if i could and share them out...

12. Duffer123

Duffer123

Is this now free with an open license... ?

13. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

It is free but not open source (i.e. standard unity licence applies not an open source licence)

Cheers,

Tom

AGregori likes this.
  14. UnityFan18

UnityFan18

Hello, for the standard unity license, are we allowed to use asset in a non-commercial project with attribution?

15. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi UnityFan18, what do you mean by attribution?

Cheers,

Tom

UnityFan18 likes this.
  16. UnityFan18

UnityFan18

Hello,

Attribution means to give credit or special thanks to someone who has created the asset. For example, for this asset are we allowed to use in our projects if the project is a non-commercial one and we give you credit or special thanks?

17. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Yeah that seems fine to me, send me an email when you're just about to release and we'll figure out the details.

Cheers,

Tom

18. boysenberry

boysenberry

It's good to see you're still around and active with this. I am considering using it again and wanted to see if the versions I purchased a couple years back are still up to date and will work in Unity 2017.2.0f3 using .NET 4.6.

Also, integration with Inventory Pro would get my vote as a smart move, imho.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Teila likes this.
  19. boysenberry

boysenberry

As an update I was told this would not be updated for 2017 unless he gets more people buying it and or requesting it. So, I am putting this assets right alongside the other assets I have that are no longer supported. I feel my money was wasted here and would suggest others avoid this product.

20. StarFluke

StarFluke

Looks very cool! And now it is free!
    I will be looking at using this in my Unity 2017 / 2018 project.
    Glad I found this!
    Thank you!
    Game Daddy

21. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi StarFluke, the system doesn't work in Unity 2017 as there have been some editor changes that break my GUI. If you have a version of Unity 5 still lying around you can use the editor in that and export your libraries to any other version of Unity

22. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Boysenberry, I understand what you're saying and am genuinely sorry that you feel you wasted your money. Unfortunately if Unity are going to continue to make breaking changes to their GUI code that aren't easy to fix then it makes it very difficult for me to support a product that doesn't make me any money and not that many people are interested in. You can still use it in Unity 2015 and export libraries over to 2017/2018 if you want to get your money's worth.

boysenberry likes this.
  23. boysenberry

boysenberry

If you do ever update, let me know. It'll be too late for my current project, but I do like the original concept, too bad I never got to try it out. The work flow of having an older version of Unity up and running for the use of one asset is too much for my 1 person development team. Like I said, I do like the concept though, which is why I dropped my hard earned cash on it, so if things change and you decide to keep up with Unity dev again, please reach out.

24. StarFluke

StarFluke

Thanks, I'll take a look at the v5 tools and see what I can do with it for my v2017 game. I'm still excited to look at it.... I am nearly to the point where I will declare alpha freeze on my RPG system code architecture.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  25. Pixative

Pixative

From the store page, commenter Jack-Hartwig has this to say:

Perhaps his discoveries could lead you to an official update, OP.

26. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Good news!

Many thanks to Jack for pointing out the fixes. His post made me realise the problem I was having with updating the software was actually related to a bug in the Unity 2017 Editor. That's now been fixed and it's been very easy to update the packages today.

Posting to the Asset Store now, official update will be available very soon!

Cheers,

Tom

Pixative likes this.