Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am sorry, some people had trouble to make a new scene with the required components, so i had to make a button, to create a new scene with everything is needed. I will try to update it today, i will make a post when it is up.

Thank you!

Yes both demos will be updated, i have not done it yet, i will try to put it today on the ftp. I will let you know when it is up.

2. DevionGames

DevionGames

I just updated everything. So a new demo is uploaded and a new download in my store is availible.Thanks who already bought the kit.
    I have made an agreement with kalamona, so all effects shown in the demo will be included in the next upload. If you want more similar effects shown in the demo you should look at this particle effects pack . I will fully support this particle effects pack, so if you have any question, just ask.

Thank you very much kalamona for this great package!

3. Hans

Hans

downloading it now, once d/l will give it a go - nice work Zerano
    Nice , i already have that pack from Kalamona :)

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

This is great, i implemented the default unity particle effects from unity in this update, but the next update will contain the kalamona particle effects. I think that the next update will be extending the ai to have ranged attacks from enemies.

If anybody has suggestions what i should implement next, please let me know.

5. jonkuze

jonkuze

Zerano, i think you have a complete RPG Kit 2.0 here! = )

only small issue I see is that all RPGs or MMORPG I have played all have a BASIC ATTACK that does not Require any SKILL POINTS, or MANA to use.

I guess you can go without it if no one else asks for this feature, but i think it is a basic feature of all RPGs/MMORPG Games.

Just a thought, maybe take a vote see how many people want it... if not then leave it out i guess

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is very easy to add this, so i can make a toogle without the vote. so if someone want it, he has the option to do it :D

7. Archania

Archania

Should have a auto-attack either close or range attack based on a distance of player to enemy.
    You can customize the talents right? (Was reading through your documentation and didn't see it).
    Add on to the hot bar? Or create another one? This might be easy to do through code?
    If you attack an enemy from a distance, they do run up and start attacking you. Was watching video on range attack and the guys just continued to walk around the path they were assigned.
    Other then that, looks like you have it where you can create inventory, shops, quests with rewards and be able to equip different weapons. Is the main/off hand done? For equipping sword/shield or dual wield?

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

1. Yes ranged attacks are based on the distance to enemy.
    2. You can fully customize and create new talents in the editor. You can read more about it in the PlayerManager.
    3. Yes because i was not in the Interest Radius of the enemy. It is also full customizable.
    4. Yes you can create inventory, shops, quests and give rewards and even more. No i am sorry there is currently no second weapon/shield hand, but it will come soon.

9. Archania

Archania

Very cool. Thank you very much.

10. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

The documentation is great.

A banking system via npc or container would be great.
    Also a teleport system. Maybe like diablo waypoint system.

You have so much in this already its hard to think of what else would be good to add.

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thanks, a teleportation system is a very good idea!

12. Hans

Hans

What about selecting mutiply targets
    First person controller
    when you highlight a talent should have a pop up or a highlight that comes up and gives u a description of the talent etc
    do the extra buffs work on weapon to increase your stats?
    buffs to armour

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  13. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

You are talking about mouse over for items and talents. Yes that's also needed.

14. Archania

Archania

Something that I noticed last night playing around with it. It might be good to either have a tab or a listing of stats - Strength, Intelligence, Attack, Defense. This may or may not be important to people but showing the increase of item's bonuses to maximize skill sets might be useful. Does that make sense?
    Another option for the Quests - I like the + next to them in the window so you can expand them. But in the Active Quests it just lists what you need to do. This is great for simple quests but if you are doing a multi step quest, that area would be filled up pretty fast. Might be useful to have the + next to them also. Or even better be able to select what quests you want set for the active Quest box. (depends on how and if the person makes it so the player can get a bunch to start off with).
    Draggable Windows too would be useful.
    Is there is a Save/Load function built in yet?
    I like the Bank idea too. Or the ability to have a chest or something to store your items in.
    Crafting? Future update. But something I can see people wanting to do.

Pick and choose.. lol. Things that I have seen and liked with other games to maximize potential buyers/users.

Then again, some of these things might be easily adjusted in code like the draggable window.

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you very much for all the suggestions, i know that there is still a lot to do :D

No there is currently no Save/ Load functionality, this will come as soon as the base is done.
    The only thing i did not understand was "Pick and choose", what do you mean with that?

16. Dinrae

Dinrae

He means that, like you, said, there are still a lot to do, so, just pick choose from it's suggestions what you want to add in your RPG Kit~

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  17. drebenko

drebenko

Zerano congrats on your kit. It's looking really cool! I tried both demos on your site and the kit seems to have some of the basics I would imagine from such kit.

One thing for your consideration according to me should be "an action battle system". Something similar to what is used in games like T.E.R.A. or Smite.

"WASD" movement - A and D are used for strafe left and right.
    "Normal attack" with the "LMB" at the direction the hero is facing.
    Use the mouse to look around or aim (using reticule/crosshair) where you attack/fire your bow/cast your spell.
    Use the number keys to select your hero's skills or spells - something you have currently working with the "Arrow volley spell in the kit.

I think that adding support for such battle system will increase the value of the kit a lot. At least I would consider purchasing it if it had such system in place. :D

Regards

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

+1

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

No big updates today, only some tool tips:

20. DevionGames

DevionGames

I wrote this some time ago: CrossHair This is multiplayer so, do not wonder if you see some people trying it :D

21. drebenko

drebenko

The type of movement you use in this example is reminiscent of what I was talking in my post. However you need to assign "W" to make the character walk backwards, while he is facing forward instead of him turning.

I see you have the LMB as "normal attack" already. You also need to refine the crosshair so that it stays in front of the character model, not behind it.

Lastly you need to include all this in your RPG kit 2.0 so that it works with the skills. Currently in the kit the "arrow volley" skill is done like that, you aim it by selecting an area on the ground and you do that by moving the mouse around. Do that and you are having the "action battle system" I was referring to in my previous post. I'm staying positive that this will increase the value of your kit a lot since such battle/combat systems are really wide spread and used in pretty much all modern action RPGs and MMOs.

22. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

This is exactly what I was talking about normal mmo controls. It has become the norm way back since EQ. The tool tips look good. But yes the controls would be priority before teleporting or the other features I would say.

Save/load is a great idea for the next feature btw. It is amazing how much this kit has already.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  23. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am downloading the game client to test it out a little bit.

24. DevionGames

DevionGames

I have updated the WebPlayer demos:
    WASD Movement
    Click To Move
    WASD Mouse Rotated

New is the WASD mouse rotated controller, by pressing the alt key you get the normal mouse and can click on ui elements and such. All versions have a default attack now.
    I have also added a chest container, that can be empty or filled with items on start. It is like the chest container in diablo where the player can put items in it. The demos are also updated with item tooltips and talent description tooltips(i showed already an image of it).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  25. drebenko

drebenko

Just tried the new "WASD" demo. Really nice stuff. Two things I may suggest you look at:

1. When you press the "arrow volley" skill the red ring appears on screen and you can decide where to aim the spell. During that time your hero is static. In Smite you can move freely while the spell is being selected. Also if you press the right mouse button you cancel the spell, meaning the target marker disappears.
    2. After you cast the "arrow volley" skill you also cast a normal attack. This is more like a bug I think, since the cast and normal attack are both mapped to LMB.

Other than that I really enjoy the changes you've made to the demo.

26. DevionGames

DevionGames

1. You can set this in the inspector, check out the Area of Effect settings. You can toggle "Can Walk". I will make the right mouse button to cancle the attack.

2. Yes, need to change that, you also use a talent on pick up items, this will be changed.

The npcs will be able to talk in the next version: Talk State

27. drebenko

drebenko

Another thing I noticed and don't know if you can do that already:

Can the character move while normal attacking? Currently when I attack the character stays in place. I think it would be great if you can move in all directions while being able to attack.

Also just noticed this:

You can't move diagonally. When you press "W+A" for example, you should start moving (strafing) forward and to the left. Or when you press "S+D" you should start moving backwards and to the right.

28. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes you can do it already, see the "Kill Input" field in the general talent settings in the PlayerManager

29. DevionGames

DevionGames

Version 2.0.1 is out.

New Demo is also availible, you can change the controller type in the settings button in the action bar.

30. Venged

Venged

Looks Great! Will you be adding info regarding the Quest system to the documentation?

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you! What info are you looking for? I have already added the Quest State to the ai states

The quest state will be expanded soon, with some more options, like conditions, i am planning the same for the ai in general, so npcs can have ranged attacks and have more "intelligence".

32. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Fantastic Job! Look forward to seeing more great updates! Hope you implement some useful MMO abilities as well! (Banking, Trading, etc) Great Job! Will be purchasing! - J wein.

33. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

This is single player rpg right? Who would we trade with?

34. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Just as a base so we can convert it into multiplayer. This has more than his MMO pack.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  35. DevionGames

DevionGames

A new character is coming soon as an update. I am sorry but i will need to raise the price again a little bit, so you should get it before next update.
    Here is a video showing the new guy and the system which will be integrated with all playable characters! It is not finished yet, i need still to improve some things(mount and unmount animations...), but basicly you will see how it will works.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  36. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Nice this is a big update.

37. Venged

Venged

Thanks for adding the mount feature. This kit is Great and just keeps getting better and better!!!!! Pretty soon I would say it should be the demo that comes with unity if you get a cut of course:D

38. Hans

Hans

nice work Zerano .

is it possible to have the mouse on screen all the time instead of pressing the ALT key to bring it up with the function WASD Mouse Rotated?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  39. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yea it does look like it will be one of the most complete kits soon. Unity could do worse.

40. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you very much to all!

I will add this as an option to the ThirdPersonCamera.cs

41. RGreulich

RGreulich

This Kit looks great! Is there save and load game functions built in? Also, is it compatible with unity 3.5x or just 4?

42. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you, save and load will come at the end when everything other is implemented. This project is made in unity 4.

43. drebenko

drebenko

Good job Zerano! The mount functionality is really great addition. Next big thing to add is a crafting system. :D

Keep it up mate!

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you crafting will come later too, but at this moment i want to improve the existing code, make more possibilities in talents, ai and other , create more userfriendly editors. I know the price is not low for a single player kit, but you get mostly everything here to start your game and so i hope to get some more feedback on the editors soon.

45. DevionGames

DevionGames

Next update will bring some changes in the configuration of the player, i moved the talents from the player manager to the character asset, so you can create diffrent talents for each character class.

46. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hey Zerano, not sure if this was asked yet, but in the future will you plan to add Multiplayer Function to this?

I think maybe the easiest to implement would be Photon Cloud Networking, maybe not suitable for MMORPGs but I think could provide easier server side setup... as no one would need to install or setup a Server, just easily connect their game Photon Cloud for Lobby Game Creation.

47. hcwork

hcwork

I was wondering something, some "talents" like horseback riding should be passive, rather than active. I think you might want to add a state to say whether the "talent" can be used actively (by clicking on the action bar) or passively, by seeing a horse and pressing a button that allows you to get on it. Having something like mounts take up an action slot seems a little out of place. Just my two cents.

I am thoroughly enjoying your work. Great kit. Thanks

48. DevionGames

DevionGames

49. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yes that's exactly what I was talking about with mounts. It will let us have it as a talent/ability or use a mount that is in the world.

50. Dinrae

Dinrae

Hi,

When are you going to publish next update with horse features and fix you planned to add (Dual-wield such)?

Thanks!