Search Unity

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. nixter

nixter

The kit available on your website is 3.0.0 but the Asset Store has an updated version 3.0.1.

How can your customers get 3.0.1?

2. treshold

treshold

I highly recommend SVN, then you can always update to latest revision easily.

3. nixter

nixter

I'm an RPG-Kit 2 Lite customer. I don't have SVN access.

4. nixter

nixter

Update: Zerano got me access to the latest version.

Thanks Zerano!

5. hike1

hike1

I installed 3.1 lite, photon networking, do I want 'connect to photon' or 'offline mode'.
    Cannot send messages when not connected. Either connect to Photon OR use offline mode!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PhotonNetwork:VerifyCanUseNetwork() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs:1430)
    PhotonNetwork:RPC(PhotonView, String, PhotonPlayer, Boolean, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs:2699)
    PhotonView:RPC(String, PhotonPlayer, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonView.cs:617)
    Unitycoding.ItemSystem.ItemTrigger:Start() (at Assets/Unitycoding/Item System/Scripts/Runtime/Triggers/ItemTrigger.cs:35)

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

It looks like you are not connected, what is your starting scene?

7. hike1

hike1

Never mind, I had a bunch of Photon build scenes

Followed the unitycoding.com getting started:

rpg_kit_lite

Enable Photon Unity Networking and ICode support through the unity toolbar Tools > Unitycoding > Item System > Integrations. It is important to enable those add-ons through the Item System menu, because this will update your item prefabs with missing Photon Views!

You will find multiple PHP folders in the project, please use the php files located in Unitycoding/RPG/Scripts/PHP

Add scenes to the build settings in the following order
    You have to load every one and 'add current'
    login
    select character
    create character
    select room
    main level
    level 1

and start the game from the Login scene:

I followed 'single player'

Not sure if it was in there but I had to 'skip login' in one of the settings menus, it looks
    good!

8. hike1

hike1

What are the settings for a standalone single player build? It freezes on 'select player'

9. hike1

hike1

I get this every frame in the editor but game runs

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Unitycoding.RoomSystem.CreateRoomWindow.Update () (at Assets/Unitycoding/Photon Room/Scripts/Runtime/CreateRoomWindow.cs:33)

On standalone I can select player but no 'play'

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

Please open the Select Room scene and select UI/Create Room transform. Check if all UI referenced variables in CreateRoomWindow are assinged in the inspector. I added a check and a warning message for the next update.

11. hike1

hike1

I'm confused about the photon, I have an app ID somewhere but I picked 'skip',
    and server
    settings 'offline mode', is that correct?

12. hike1

hike1

Here's what I did-
    Unity 5.2 of Oct 21 2015
    make new project rpg_kit_31
    import rpg_kit_31
    import photon networking free- no demos

'skip' app id entering
    server settings 'offline' mode
    open project window unitycoding/rpg/scenes/login system
    tools/unitycoding/login system/editor
    select database rpgloginsettings.asset, (NOT SCIFI) check 'skip login'

tools/unitycoding/room system/editor select rpgroomsettings.asset check 'auto create room'

to save to player prefs
    unitycoding/item system/ editor select itemdatabase.asset go to itemsettings provider 'Playerprefs'
    unitycoding/character system/editor/character system rpgcharactersystem.asset charactersettings provider/playerprefs

unitycoding/status system/editor/rpgstatussystem.asset/provider player prefs

Tools > Unitycoding > Item System > Integrations. check 'icode' and 'photon'
    load each scene and add to main unity editor file/build settings, click on each one in project and 'add current'

login
    select character
    create character
    select room
    main level
    level 1

Enable Photon Unity Networking and ICode support through the unity toolbar Tools > Unitycoding > Item System > Integrations. It is important to enable those add-ons through the Item System menu, because this will update your item prefabs with missing Photon Views!

You will find multiple PHP folders in the project, please use the php files located in Unitycoding/RPG/Scripts/PHP

Add scenes to the build settings in the following order
    You have to load every one and 'add current'
    login
    select character
    create character
    select room
    main level
    level 1

NavMesh asset format has changed. Please rebake the NavMesh data

you'll get this on mainlevel and level 1- go to window/navigation and

'bake' the plane will turn bright blue, save both scenes
    go back to login scene and press play, it will say no characters associated, 'create' in lower right, pick one, I picked the
    guy with the 2nd guy, name Terry

In editor when I try to 'play' it goes to the login screen and freezes

13. DevionGames

DevionGames

If you fully want to skip room creation, you could change the play level in Character System settings, by setting the play level to Loading instaed of Select Room.

14. hike1

hike1

I got a dev build standalone running, but before that I got a photon message saying 'run in offline mode' there's an error 'object reference not set..' on RoomSystem.cs 45, is that because I'm in offline mode, is
    that the correct mode?

15. hike1

hike1

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

Version 3.1.1
    • Fixed teleportation if not master client
    • Switching level does not force all client to switch the level.
    • Removed and seperated base ui scripts to Unitycoding/UI Controls
    • UI Controls: Improved UITooltip to stay within screen
    • UI Controls: Changed MessageBox to accept string array for custom options
    • UI Controls: Changed ShowTooltip.cs to TooltipTrigger.cs
    • UI Controls: Icon sprite for MessageBox and MessageContainer
    • ICode: Removed Gradient.cs and SetGradient.cs until unity stops changing it.
    • ICode: Auto enable scripting define symbols for ICODE, use #if ICODE
    • LoginSystem: Moved window names to LoginSettings
    • Shared: Close Key for UIWindows
    • Shared: Replaced UINotification with a more advanced MessageBox
    • Shared: Replaced UIMessage with MessageContainer that extends from UIContainer
    • Conversation: More advanced conversation example
    • RoomSystem: Message in chat when a new player connects/disconnects
    • RoomSystem: Optional room password
    • RoomSystem: Reconnect for photon
    • RoomSystem: Moved Chat scripts to Unitycoding/Room System/Runtime/Chat
    • RoomSystem: Group Chat
    • RoomSystem: Added PlayerContrainer.
    • RoomSystem: Checks if all variables are assigned in the inspector
    • RoomSystem: Full offline mode integration.
    • RoomSystem: UI window references in editor
    • RoomSystem: Custom Messages for Connection Failed, Chat Invite, Room Password Match

TonyLi and nixter like this.
  17. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Dialogue System for Unity's RPG Kit Support package has been updated for RPG Kit 3.1.1 Lite and Full. You can download it on the Dialogue System Extras page. In addition to updating the package to support API changes in RPG Kit 3.1.1, it also automatically saves Dialogue System data, currently to PlayerPrefs. So your quest states, variable values, etc., will persist between play sessions.

DevionGames likes this.
  18. hike1

hike1

On Level 1 and Main Level, the game screen says 'scene is missing a fullscreen camera', I can't
    run the game because of this DS error

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/UI/RPGKitDialogueUI.cs(18,37): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `UIMessage' does not exist in the namespace `Unitycoding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

19. hike1

hike1

This new kit is missing the player character, should I have copied it over my 3.1 project, I made a
    new project.

20. TonyLi

TonyLi

@hike1 - You didn't import the updated package. Please follow the steps in my forum reply exactly. I'll post them here also:
    1. Update to the latest RPG Kit Lite on the Asset Store.
    2. Inside the folder Dialogue System/Third Party Support, delete the subfolders ICode and RPG Kit.
    3. Import the package Dialogue System/Third Party Support/ICode Support.
    4. Download THIS package: RPGKit_Support_2015-11-13.unitypackage (it's also on the Extras page) and import it.
    5. Open your project's Build Settings. Remove the Loading scene. Add the new Loading scene in Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Examples.
    6. Open the Loading scene (the one in Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Examples) and assign your dialogue database to the Dialogue Manager.
    You should be all set.

The new version of RPG Kit Lite has the default player characters. If you're having trouble using them, you should contact Zerano for support. Here's how I tested RPG Kit Lite and the Dialogue System's support package for it:
    1. Created a new project. (Did this in Unity 4 and Unity 5.)
    2. Imported RPG Kit Lite and PUN.
    3. Imported the Dialogue System for Unity and the ICode and RPG Kit support packages as described in steps 3-4 above.
    4. Used the new Loading scene as described in step 5 above.
    5. Dropped the Converser and Barker NPCs into the Main Level scene.
    6. Played the game.

21. hike1

hike1

The icode examples, default, ai tutorial, 2d space shooter imported only 1 error (not like 3.10), so that's a good thing.

IsFinite (m_CachedRange.first) && IsFinite (m_CachedRange.second)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

I read it's because there's animation with a minus in there somewhere.

On dialog system, I import the icode support package, no errors, only when I import the 11-6-2015 rpg kit support do I get these
    errors

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(112,69): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonCamera' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(110,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonController' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

this one twice
    Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs(111,72): error CS1061: Type `object' does not contain a definition for `enabled' and no extension method `enabled' of type `object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

22. TonyLi

TonyLi

@hike1 - Please, please, please follow the steps I listed above. To eliminate other sources of problems, I suggest the second set of instructions. I'll paste them here broken down into more detail:
    1. Create a new project.
    2. Import RPG Kit Lite 3.1.1.
    3. Import PUN.
    4. Import the Dialogue System for Unity 1.5.7a.
    5. Import the Dialogue System's ICode Support package that's included with 1.5.7a.
    6. Import this RPG Kit support package: RPGKit_Support_2015-11-13.unitypackage.
    7. Open your project's Build Settings. Remove the Loading scene. Add the new Loading scene in Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Examples.
    8. Play the Login scene.
    If any of this reports any errors, let me know.

After you've confirmed that the steps above work, you'll want to connect RPG Kit's Quests button to the Dialogue System's quest log window using these steps.

23. hike1

hike1

Same errors, check your email

Attached Files:

24. TonyLi

TonyLi

Terry - I'll work with you through email on this.

25. inflame

inflame

Help to make control using a mobile Asset Control Freak

26. hike1

hike1

Player's falling through my new terrain, 'use gravity' on rigidbody makes no difference, everything else stays on terrain.

Attached Files:

27. treshold

treshold

Where have you set your spawn point?

28. hike1

hike1

Where have you set your spawn point?
    no spawn point player spawns at runtime, do you have this kit?

29. treshold

treshold

yes i do, Loading-scene has Spawn Player- gameobject which has Spawn Player- state machine and there you need to setup your spawn point properly. Go to the Instantiate-state and change default spawn position from (0,1,0) to something proper so you don't spawn under your terrain.

30. hike1

hike1

Thanks, it's very lonely in this thread. ;--] I'm not sure where 0,1,0 is in this state machine, I've also been swapping out my new terrain
    naming it Main Level. I'd rather teleport to new levels instead, any hints on that? Does this mean every level must have the same
    spawn location? Feel free to write the missing manual for this. It has a lot of features but I don't have a clue on how to use it.
    I'm getting intermittent 'set photon offline, can't send messages' even though it's set to offline.

Attached Files:

31. treshold

treshold

0,1,0 is set on Position, bottom left corner has list of variables used. As you can see RPG Player-prefab is instantiated on position "position" and on bottom left corner you can see variable list and there is also "position" which has value (x:0 y:1 z:0).
    To change levels just make new teleporter items and define locations there. there is already example of teleporting from Main Level to Level 1

32. hike1

hike1

So it looks like I'd create a disk with an item container trigger script which has an item called 'mynewlevel'

mynewlevel item properties would be
    string (name of scene)
    vector 3 position- xyz wherever I want the player to spawn?

And one in mynewlevel to return to Main Level.

Do you know how to save the game? it says save to playerprefs, but I don't know how to make it save,
    make the 'save game' ui, what's saved, etc. Dialog system has all that but it's not working in 311. Also, Unity 5.2
    crashes RPG kit lite, I'm using 5.1.2.

Attached Files:

33. TonyLi

TonyLi

RPG Kit doesn't do saved games. Instead, it saves player changes as they happen. Similarly, the Dialogue System for Unity saves changes in RPG Kit at the end of the conversations and when quests are updated. You can also tell it to manually save using an ICode action.

BTW, there's an updated RPG Kit Support package for the Dialogue System for Unity. I posted about it here. It adds a couple handy features, such as character-specific saving and loading of Dialogue System data (quest states, persistent data components, etc). It works with RPG Kit 3.1.1 Lite and Pro. It's tested in Unity 4.6.7, Unity 5.0.1, and Unity 5.1.2.

34. hike1

hike1

35. TonyLi

TonyLi

I plan to release the next version of the Dialogue System for Unity with a new set of tutorials, including an RPG Kit Support tutorial that covers all the new RPG Kit-specific features added by the support package.

36. hike1

hike1

37. treshold

treshold

I suggest to ask support related question on rpg kits own forums to get faster answers from Zerano: http://unitycoding.com/phpbb/
    what comes to audio stuff, there is no audio system in rpg kit at the moment so you need 3rd party solution or build your own with iCode etc.

38. hike1

hike1

39. Doc-Psyanide

Doc-Psyanide

I'll admit I'm pretty new to creating games, but I downloaded RPG Kit Lite 3.1.1 (after purchase) and imported into Unity 5.2.3. I'm already at a standstill as to how to start. The instructional video is irrelevant since I do not have a Tools option on my menu bar, and according to one of the moderators, it is an oddball option:

There is no tools menu in Unity by default. If an asset created one for itself, that's up to the asset (although creating custom menu categories is discouraged; menu items are supposed to be put under GameObject/Component/Window/etc. as appropriate).

--Eric
    Eric5h5, Today at 10:41 PM

Edit to add: It seems you get the Tools menu option by installing the Photon asset, so we'll see where this goes...
    So at this point I can't do anything but look at icons for $100. So I don't see a way to create the interface, nor is there a Quest asset in my package. Will there be a tutorial starting from scratch i.e new project with no assets OR TOOL OPTION on how this is even functional? I can't run any editors in this.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  40. TonyLi

TonyLi

@Doc Psyanide - I'm not the developer, but I'm fairly familiar with RPG Kit. Generally speaking (not just with RPG Kit), if you see any red error lines in Unity's Console view that won't go away when you click the Clear button, Asset Store plugins won't be able to add their custom menu items and editors to the Unity editor.

If you need help to clear up any of these red error messages, try posting on the developer's forum: http://unitycoding.com/phpbb/

41. hike1

hike1

TonyLi likes this.
  42. DevionGames

DevionGames

Version 3.1.2
    • Clamp Damage to 1 and 10000 in Attack state machine
    • Horse spell example - Fixed player layer to show only local player.
    • Another pickable item
    • Range attack for sourcerer skeleton
    • Horse spell cooldown
    • Improved spell scroll to check if already in spell book
    • Progressbar for Level switching
    • CharacterSystem: Added custom properties list
    • ItemSystem: CharacterHandler updates equipment in start
    • ItemSystem: Fixed ItemContainer Inspector
    • ItemSystem: Fixed Saving/Loading dynamic container
    • ItemSystem: Moved triggers to Unitycoding/Item System/Components/Triggers
    • ItemSystem: Changed serialization to json
    • ItemSystem: Improved triggers.
    • ItemSystem: Referenced containers.
    • ThirdPersonController: Animator setup with LayerMasks -> Avoid hands clipping, Attack when moving...
    • ThirdPersonController: Fixed sliding on slopes.
    • StatusSystem: Fixed Documentation link
    • StatusSystem: Fixed saving exp and current values.
    • Scene and Position saving.
    • ICode: Fixed Networking actions/conditions to work in unity above 5.0
    • ICode: Obsolete actions(GetLoadedLevel,IsLoadingLevel,LoadLevel,LoadLevelAsync). Use corresponding SceneManagement actions.
    • ICode: Vector2 actions
    • ICode: Comleted Vector3 actions
    • ICode: Replaced Vector3.GetComponent with GetXYZ
    • ICode: More Transform actions
    • ICode: Unity 5.3 support
    • ICode: Fixed Warnings for unity 5
    • ICode: Fixed BuildTargetGroup for unity 5
    • ICode: Fixed line endings in FsmUtility.cs and Transition.cs

TonyLi likes this.
  43. TonyLi

TonyLi

What is the new minimum Unity version for RPG Kit?

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

Still the same as before 4.6.7

45. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks!

46. DevionGames

DevionGames

Chat & Friends Preview:

Tethys likes this.
  47. DevionGames

DevionGames

RPG Kit just went on sale!

48. mik52

mik52

When I try to create new character I get the error message "The variable prefab of Character has not been assigned.

49. Gunhi

Gunhi

I bought the RPG Kit Pro when it was on zerano-unity3d.com but for days it just opens a blank page and unitycoding.com either didn't transfer the previous accounts over or it's broken as well. How can I get the access back?

Goofy420 likes this.
  50. pushingpandas

pushingpandas