Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, it will take some time i am currently coding some editors to create diffrent reusable talents for created character classes, so each class can have diffrent talents. I also want the ai to be reusable on diffrent prefabs. Next Update will be a little bit bigger...

2. ConnorC

ConnorC

Hey man really love this kit, are you planning to introduce friendly NPCs as well, so ones that will fight with you instead of against you

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes i am planning this.

4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Are you talking about companion npc's and pets?
    That would be great.

5. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, something like you can go to an npc and hire him and he will fight with you against other npc. Or if you cast a pet, he will help you and fight against nps that are attacking you.

6. nancy30

nancy30

The kit looks amazing I wonder if this has been used in Diablo 3 or any other such role playing game like Lord of the ring series.

7. CohenMashuah

CohenMashuah

Bump. PM sent!

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

yes it has in fact it has been used in most RPG's and multi-player games.
    That why I asked because its a standard feature in most of these games.

9. hcwork

hcwork

Ummm, while the style of game has been used in many games, this kit itself has not been used. Which I am sure you know, but I thnk that is what the original poster was asking

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hehe, thank you very much for this kind of compliment, but no this has not been used in such games :D

11. Nethan

Nethan

Hi all,

tested the Kit a bit (only as hobby) and it works great

maybe some improvments if you have to much time )
    * a option pro or free version and disable the pro things in the free version (like the inventory picture render)
    * there should be an option at waypoints to ignore the y axis (let the mob fall down to terrain) on uneven terrain you need 10000 waypoints to keep the y near terrain
    * in WASD Mode an option to disable the "one click attac mob" function
    * a normal magic spell (not a bolt/arrow) - same than the TargetAE but only affect the actual Target
    * buff icons window

fg
    Neth

12. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello Neth,
    Thank you for your feedback,

1. It works fully in unity free, you will only see a "grey plane" instead of the character in the profile window. It should not give you any errors, you could delete this grey "plane", this is the only pro feature i am using.
    Edit: Forget to say, i am using some image effects that are pro too.

2. In the current version i am moving the mob via "Translate", to avoid a lot of waypoints you can toogle Use Pathfinder in the Patrol State

3. The default attack can be disabled in the Inspector(currently not shown in the documentation, but i will update it with the next release, this option is already integrated.)

4. I will add this. If i understand you correct, you would like to have for example a particle effect that is triggered at the target and make damage only to the target?

5. What do you mean with buff icons window? Display of which buffs are active?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  13. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yes I think he is talking about showing witch buff's are active. Some games have a window for that and some have them on the UI.
    Active spells/buffs/abilities with a mouse over showing remaining time ect..

14. Nethan

Nethan

1. the plane was to big (overlaps the side a bit) and white - looks like an error - i disabled the profile texture in interface->cam... than it looks fine

2. thx - works fine with pathfinder enabled

4. yes exactly - maybe not only damage. it could make the target slow(slow swing) oder slow walk(snare) / weak (reduce stats) / freeze it some time / push back / root it / stun / or some fancy things like change the model off target
    Example: Talent Snare would reduce the run speed for 30% of the target for 60 sec. with +10 resist modificator
    Example: Talent Root would reduce the run speed for 100% of the target for 30 sec with -30 resist modificator
    Mobs (ai.cs) should have a base attribute "magic resist":
    example: Snare (with +10) casted on an mob with magic resist 50: resist check is: if rand(1 100) < 60 than spell get resisted
    example: Root (with -30) casted on an mob with magic resist 50: resist check is: if rand(1 100) < 20 than spell get resisted
    If you want a mob "magic immune" than you only need to set the base magic resist of the mob very high (1000) or a spell "lure" (-200 resist modifictor)
    Thats only some ideas - not must have :)

5. At time a player cant see if his buffs still aktive - it could display the buff icon (same icon than the talent icon) an the left or right side (or in some corner) if the buff is aktive

fg Neth

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

Why does next update take so long?

It has several reasons.

1. I had my exams this week.

2. I just wanted the talents to be reusable and so that each character class can have his own talents for this i coded an editor extension that creates talents as custom assets. Finishing the talents i wanted to make the same for the ai. And this is what i came up.

As this was finished i thought, that this is not realy neatly arranged and why i should limit the user to have only one state of each type. I thought it would be great if the user could setup an ai based on situation.

It is still a test but it looks not bad and this all takes time i am very sorry!

Still thinking which version i will use...The first one works great, the second needs some time to finish.

16. hcwork

hcwork

The second option would clearly be more intuitive I think, but either way as long as we can transition them from some other states (like having a conversation to attacking) that will be great

17. Dinrae

Dinrae

As a "non-coder", option 2 seems more intuitive for me.
    Take the time you need, it's one of the reason i buyed your RPG Kit, it looked like you wanted to have something "clean and polished".

On another note, actually your talents are not organised very well, you first choose something and then another thing, it's not quite logical (Well, for me it isn't ...)

Instead, user should be able to decide what area is affected by the talent, and then what the talent do.
    Maybe it should be organised like this, first you decide what area affect the talent (Who/What is affected):
    And then, you should what the talent do:
    And finally you edit talents variables.

With a more organised system like this, you could easily add new Target, or Type later on, and even allow users to create mixed talent, i mean, talents with multiples attributes, for example, Vampiric talent could be created, one attribute deal damage to mob (Missile > Damage > Damage=50), and second attribute buff player (Self > Buff > Heal=50)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  18. DevionGames

DevionGames

Small preview, not all states are implemented, it looks like a mess, but if you have an idea on how it works, it is realy very simple to use and you have mostly full freedom on setting up your ai.

[video=youtube_share;tSXdQZ1AkzM]http://youtu.be/tSXdQZ1AkzM

if you wonder, why the animation has a string field, it saves the animation name only, and puts a string field on load, you can put of course an animation field, so you only need to drag and drop the animation into it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Awesome!!

20. CohenMashuah

CohenMashuah

I've being doing bussiness with Zerano for the last 2 years. He is the greatest Unity Proggrammer on the market. I have invested in his products and customized scripts over U$ 1.000,00 so far - and I'm looking forward to do more bussiness with him. His product works perfectly in my MMORPG game and I am here to let everyone knows that he is 100% trustable and it is excellent to work with him. This guy is my idol!! Don't hesitate do buy anyone of his products and to do bussiness with Zerano!

21. Mihai93

Mihai93

Zerano is one of the best programmer i have buyed all him Products and work excelent!!! i have done realy alot of my rpg game and is realy to use this kit so peapole ho whant's to buy this BUY IT! is one of the best rpg systemfor unity

22. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

He is great at what he does. hay perer do you have a link to your game?

23. Venged

Venged

Zerano's assets are great, I buy all or them. I learned a lot just trying the scripts and looking at how everything is put together. Even the older kits he made are still usable and relevant.

24. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you very much!

25. Kokumo

Kokumo

Awesome man! really neat :D

26. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

If anyone is not sure take a look at the other kits around unity.
    He is still adding quite a bit but as it is it's an amazing app. Just the code examples are well worth it.

But having him take our recommendations about what to add shows how good of a coder he is.

27. Mihai93

Mihai93

Guys realy this is the best RPG kit will be for unity it have a realy solid system and easy to use and modifacate all peapole have same doubts do not think if buy it or no just buy it!! best ever rpg kit thanks zerano for make it!

28. Nethan

Nethan

The AI looks great.

is there some sort of sozial agro too possible than ?
    (didn see it from video)
    something like sozial agro range. if a mob get agro he alert all mobs in this range too so the get agro to the player too
    maybe with some tweaks like alert only mobs with some keywords on it (a dark elf dont assist a high elf :)

fg
    Neth

29. DevionGames

DevionGames

Currently no sorry, but this is a great idea.

30. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yes perhaps make it conditional so players still can agro one and pull them off or you can set it to pull the whole group. Maybe the npc would have to be in a range like earshot of the other mobs.

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

To get an idea on how the ai will work you can take a look at this simplyfied ai system.
    The ai in the RPG Kit 2.0.2 will contain some more states of course, but i will give also an option to use the great pathfinding solution by Arongranberg

32. DevionGames

DevionGames

I have added this to the ai. Take a look at the Help State and the Listener Transition

33. tomislav

tomislav

do you want to change rpg kit and something else for unity pro license?

34. DevionGames

DevionGames

No, you will always be able to use it with unity free. I simply support unity pro, but i will implement alternatives for it.

35. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Just purchased your product. You always answer any questions I have equalling great support! Great product. Great guy. Fantastic programmer.

Safe Buy and Quick digital download.

Thank you, Zerano! :)

36. eiVix

eiVix

First I must say your vids look amazing, and I would love to buy this kid but I've got a small question, or big actually....Will there be an option for a turn based style battle system implemented in the future?

37. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am sorry, but i do not plan this.

38. order66

order66

Hi,

are touch controls implemented with this?

39. DevionGames

DevionGames

NGUI supports touch control, however movement is not mobile friendly at the moment.

40. order66

order66

Are you planing to implement this in the near future?

41. DevionGames

DevionGames

Definitely yes.

42. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Looking forward to this next big update.

43. Dinrae

Dinrae

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

In the Update 2.0.2 will be not a lot of new features, it will be an improvement of the old features.

45. Lioki

Lioki

I am considering purchasing this kit, but I would like to know why I would buy this over getting into the Hero Engine? Could you give me some examples of what advatages this kit has that would make the investment worthwhile please.

46. nixter

nixter

The Hero Engine is for MMOs. This kit is for single player games.

The biggest advantage? $140 vs. 30% of all your revenue.

47. Lioki

Lioki

So what you're telling me is that for a $140 investment I will have the same/better tools for my project than what the Hero Engine will provide and I won't have to worry about a 30% royalty when my game becomes epic? Providing I want to keep it a single player game? "What if" I planned to provide some type of co-op gameplay? Can photon be written into this kit or smartfox?

48. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

He already said he may add co-op play. He uses photon more I think. This is very much more advanced than the hero engine since it is made in unity. He is still adding features but think of how limited hero is at this time. Though also consider unity is the developement engine and this hit is a feature rich app for unity.

49. Lioki

Lioki

Thanks for the response. I have only been messing with this for the last six months so I just wanted to get some help in making a decision.

50. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I would say first read though this entire thread then also read the feedback on Hero. They are not free either. They charge $99 per year and 30% and they may say they are an mmo engine but they have way too high requirements. They are also more an instance mmo than a normal mmo engine. I played the new SWTOR and it was a disaster with this game. And remeber he does custom work also to make this engine your own.

Just some things to look at.