Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Roll-a-ball tutorial help

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by kraakebolla, Nov 15, 2014.

1. kraakebolla

kraakebolla

Hey guys,
    Im a total newbie with unity(downloaded yesterday), and im currently doing the roll-a-ball tutorial.
    So ive got my game working nice and smooth, and ive reached to part called "diplaying text", and im having som big issues.
    First off all:
    in the video it seems like its possible to create a game object that is called GUIText, but the only way i have managed to do this is to create an empty game object, and "add component" -> "rendering" -> " GUI text". The thing about this is that when i try to place the text proparly by adjusting the x and y( only between 0 and 1 as he says in the video) it seems like the text is moving in the world space, and not "on the screen"...

Am i doing something wrong(well obviusly i am, but what?)?, and how can i make a game object that is set up to be a GUI text object?

All help is appreciated, but remember, im a real noob, so easy on terminology.

2. Spoon3d

Spoon3d

I am having the same issue. They changed how to add gui text the way you did it above. You also have to make it a child of the camera I found out. But now I can't figure out how to place it on the upperleft side of the screen and when I move the text moves all over the screen.

3. OboShape

OboShape

did you guys get it working?