Search Unity

Rocket Taxi [2D]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by zbig, Aug 20, 2014.

1. zbig

zbig

Rocket Taxi is a [WIP] 2D game using sketchy graphics with the goal to go simple and enjoyable.
    The levels have the "drawn on paper look". As a player you take a go on a career as Taxi pilot.

You transport passengers, they pay you for the service, you spend credits on fuel and repairs and try to keep your positive credits balance in the world of stellar inflation.

The Project Blog with all the changes can be found here: http://burgielski.weebly.com
    The Current playable version can be found here: http://burgielski.weebly.com/rocket-taxi.html

And a small promotional video from the current status (one level - time trial):

I am really excited about this project, as its a blast working with unity. I am only able to do small steps development in the evenings and that is where the simplicity of using unity comes in handy.
    Check out for updates, and first of all please give me feedback.

Cheers.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. zbig

zbig

Small update.

I am working on the first "real" level for the game, where passengers will be flown to their desired destinations.
    I plan to make the levels procedurally generated in the future, but for now a set of fixed levels will do, to test the economical side of things.

So if you will check the current status of the game (link in first post, or just click on the image below) you will see the platforms populated with passengers eager to go somewhere. You can not pick them up yet (what makes them quite angry), but that is coming soon.

Check it out.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  3. zbig

zbig

Another update.

+ simple economy

I completed first economy model, and it was implemented in new level.
    The mission is now to deliver all passengers to their destination, paying as little as possible for the fuel and repairs.
    Its a single level, so game is over when you deliver all 9 of them.
    Increasing fuel prices are coming soon.

Check it out.

4. zbig

zbig

Another small step for me (my first Android app) but huge one for ... whoever cares ;)

After short break due to some health issues, the development is continuing.
    Following changes were made:
    • Updated the economics model (the game is no longer over when you have no money for fuel or repairs)
    • Added small gyroscope to aid in putting the rocket up right after a crash
    • Repairing is not instant any more
    • Added Android support (click this link to download the package)
    • Reworked the touch controls to improve usability on Android devices

It would be grand if someone would do some testing on Android and give me Feedback.

5. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

This is one of the most AWESOME things I have ever seen. Fantastic creativity with the playfield being a sheet of graph paper and the pencil sketches. It truly seems like some designer sketched out some game objects and they "came to life" turning into a game.

Looking forward to the finished product!