Search Unity

Robotlegs for C# [Alpha]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by prankard, Apr 1, 2015.

1. prankard

prankard

Robotlegs for C# Alpha

After a lot of blood sweat and tears. We've completed porting the original Robotlegs for AS3 into Robotlegs for C#.

I've tried my best to stay true to the original framework, and only modify code to expand for the new platforms or the language.

What does it do?

It gives you access to a
    - Dependency Injection (Singletons, Mapped Interfaces)
    - Plugin code installation system
    - View Management (Mediators and your own ViewProcessors)
    - Module Management (Communicate between contexts)
    - Command Management

It's basically a great way of organizing your code and helping it make more re-useable.

Where do I start?

For Unity3D, the best place to start is the Brief Overview and the Unity Platform. But there is tons of info on the Readme.

You said, Unity Specific?

Yes, even though it is Robotlegs for C#, I've included a section for Unity, which ties in slightly into the editor by showing you mediators and singletons (when only in editor mode). And ties in some of the main classes with Unity versions (View, EventView, TransformContextView).

Ok, where's the files?

Download button can be found on the robotlegs-sharp website and the source is also maintained on github.

Erm, shouldn't this be on the asset store?

Once I've had a few more people testing the framework. I'll be happy to upload this on the Asset Store as a more stable release.

Does it work on IL2CPP

Yes! You should even be able to use the compiled .dll in your project. I've tested it on IL2CPP for web and for iOS.

Is it unit tested?

Yes, it is unit tested. And builds are checked on Travis-CI before uploading a build.

Finally

If you want to find out more, have a look at some of it's features explained.

And thank you for reading.

IJsLauw and Arkade like this.
  2. rewb0rn

rewb0rn

Nice, thanks. Is this RL 1 or 2?

Cheers