Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RNM Directional Lightmap bugs

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Pix10, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Pix10

Pix10

$rnm_bug.jpg Hey,

Directional Lightmap issues have been gone over a few times in the past for issues with specular reflections, but I can't seem to find any that relate specifically to this.

The attached image shows a simple test scene with a Splotlight and an Point Light, casting a shadow. Specular hilights are incorrectly represented by the lightmap scale texturer in the penumbra of the shadow, and spotlight contribution.

This has nothing to do with multiple light source contributions - the effects are the same with 1 light or a hundred.

Area Lights have no such issues - see the cobbled together spotlight in the bottom image.

Is there a solution to this? Or an explanation as to why it can't be fixed? Is it because Beast wants Photometric lights? And since I've mentioned it, can we expect support for photometric (i.e. IES) lights in a future release?

(This is filed as Case 584313)

edit: Attachments aren't appearing for me, so no idea if they're visible for others or not.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. XRA

XRA

bump...wondering if you got a solution to this, I'm still in 4.6 on my project and have been noticing this issue with Beast, although it looks like Area lights are giving me the same halo/cutout effect in some cases.
    It's like it is expecting there to be a dynamic light to fill in the cutout area, even though all lights are set to baked only.