-[Rise of Guardian's]- Legacy Online Entertainment is looking for dedicated members

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Legacy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Legacy

Legacy

Rise of Guardian's

We have just released a new preview video showcasing the Unistorm Dynamic weather and sky system we have recently added to the project. Check it out:

First off I am only reposting this topic as the other topic has become messy and also because we have changed the name of our project to better fit our story.(if a moderator could please delete the old topic it would be great, thanks!)

Hello Unity community! (Hey that rhymes!),

I am the Lead Designer and Owner of the game Rise of Guardian’s currently in development by Legacy Online Entertainment. You’re probably wondering why I’m posting here, right? Well it seems that our small team is in need of some artists! So where better to look for aspiring artists who want to make art for great games written with the Unity game engine? The Unity Community forums of course! We are currently looking for artists for graphical images such as interface layouts or website graphics as well as modelers and animators. Now, I am decent with modeling and animating myself but I just do not have the ability to design the game, write the code, and do the art as well so I am looking to you for help.

A little background on the game –

Rise of Guardians is our current game in development. Previously named guild of legends we decided to rename the project to better fit the story and avoid any name conflicts. Rise of Guardians is about a world that is changing, the world is on the eve of total darkness and corruption. The people of this world are totally unaware of the threat that is rising. People around the world have begun to notice some very interesting signs. Vicious creatures have been appearing in places they do not normally dwell. Villages have been raised to the ground leaving naught but ashes.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. Legacy

Legacy

Images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Concepts​

Cryptic Angelic type creature:

[​IMG]

Female Forest Elf Warrior:

[​IMG]

Dragon:

[​IMG]

More Coming soon next set should be of some Unique Bosses :).
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. Legacy

Legacy

Story Concept ( A small excerpt to explain the role of the player):

Rise of Guardians​

When I arrived upon the glistening shores of Sarth’ul, I could not help but notice the beautiful surroundings. The tropical plants and trees lining the shore slowly waved in the wind as if they were biding me welcome to Sarth’ul. There was a large waterfall cascading down huge rocks that glistened under the suns radiance, it's water shimmering in the clearest blue I have ever seen. As I set foot on shore I noticed some ruffling in the trees ahead. All of a sudden they parted and a fierce beast appeared from the forests edge. I was stunned in disbelief and fear, a hideous ogre stood there. It glanced over, immediately noticing me, and began to charge towards me wielding a tree trunk as a club. Just as he was about to swing his club an arrow seemed to appear out of nowhere and struck this abomination in the arm. With utter amazement the ogre looked at the arrow and then back towards the location the arrow came from. Standing just beyond the edge of the forest was a child; no older than fifteen years of age. The boy comfortably held a bow in his right hand, waiting for the beasts reaction. It turned and with a frightning roar began to charge at the young archer. Calmly he nocked another arrow to his bow and drew back the bowstring; as he steadied the arrow it suddenly flared up in a bright orange and ignited with flames upon it's release. The childs aim was true and the arrow hit the vile creature in his left shoulder, burning on even after it had met it's mark. Screaming in pain and rage the fiend pulled out the arrow and continued his charge towards this new adversary. The young archer drew back his bow once more, this time he had two arrows nocked to the string. Drawing the bowstring back further one of the arrows began to glow a frosty blue colour, it's tip and shaft covered by ice, while the other started to glow a earthen brown colour, it's tip and shaft surrounded by small stones. The boy fired the arrows in quick succession. The frost arrow charged ahead of it's earthen counterpart, stricking the ogre squarely in his chest. He began to slow down to a dead stop as if he was frozen in time. As the earthen arrow struck, his body shattered into thousands of pieces as if he were made of glass. The young archer approached and asked me if I was alright. Still stunned I looked towards him and asked what had just happened.

“Wonder not,” the boy said, “in time you will understand. Let me help you up and show you to my village.”

I followed the child through the forest onto a path that led through a beautiful forest. There were many types of plants I had never seen before. Birds fluttered around through the trees and small critters scuffled through the underbrush. Soon we arrived at a small village, it was surrounded by a large wooden wall with what looked to be scout towers near the main gate and archers on patrol atop of it. As we approached the main gate I noticed a large caravan entering ahead of us.

This must be a trade caravan, I tought to myself. The guards standing near the main gate stopped the caravan and checked it for any irregularities and then motioned to the caravan leader that he could continue into the village. When we approached the guards they stopped the young archer referring to him by the name of Tamriel.
    “Well met, Tamriel. Who is your companion?”
    “This is …,” he stopped, turning towards me, " I’m sorry I didn’t ask your name.”
    “My name is Kaelen. I am an alchemist and a scholar. I study the Schools of Elemental Magic”, I responded politely.
    “Where are you from?”, asked the guard with a scrutinizing glance.
    “I’m from the Sanctuary of Azure located in Erion.”
    “Impressive, you have come a long way. What brings you to our village?”
    “I set out in search of new plants that I could use in my research. Some of my people have fallen gravely ill to a mysterious disease and I hope to discover an elixir to heal them. Just as I set foot on shore I was attacked by a very large ogre. Tamriel here saved me with abilities I have never seen before.”
    The guard looked over at Tamriel smiling broadly.
    “Tamriel is a Guardian. He is especially skilled in archery and has mastered the ability to imbue his arrows with the elements.”
    “A Guardian? I have never heard of such a thing before”, I replied in bewilderment.
    The guard looked at me, a patient smile appearing on his face.
    “They say Guardians are born with the very blood of a lion flowing through their veins. Nobody knows how this came to be but it seems to begin when a child is about fifteen years of age. You are very lucky that Tamriel showed up when he did. That ogre could have crushed you with a single blow. The past few years more and more vile creatures appeared. This used to be a very peaceful and quiet place. Those days are long gone now.”
    I stood in amazement, wondering if there was more to these Guardians than just being able to perform special abilities.
    “Is there anyone in the village that knows more about these Guardians?”, I asked the sentry.
    “Yes, one of our elders oddly enough seems to know quite a bit about them. He goes by the name of Eli and you can find him at the village market. He usually spends his time studying.”
    I bid the guard farewell and thanked him for his time. As I followed Tamriel to the market I couldn’t help but notice that the town was thriving with many people of different races from all over the world.
    “Where do all of these people come from?”, I asked Tamriel curiously.
    “They hail from everywhere. There is a large port nearby where ships alight from all over the world to trade their goods.”
    “I have never seen so many people of different races in one place before”, I replied in amazement.
    “My village is very well known as a great place to trade. In recent years though, since the rise of these mysterious creatures - such as that ogre that attacked you - people have been very wary as to whom they trust. This is the busiest I have seen in quite a while.”

We finally arrived at the market. Tamriel motioned for me to follow him and stay close as we walked into one of the market buildings. As we weaved through rooms filled with merchants and traders I noticed that Tamriel seemed to have a sort of calm about him. He didn’t really ask questions or talk much. He seemed much more mature than most other boys of his age. We arrived at what seemed to be a large stone door. The door depicted magical runes that looked similar to the ones I studied back at the sanctuary. Tamriel placed his hand on the door and chanted softly. His hand began to glow and the door slid open.
    “Eli likes his privacy”, Tamriel stated with a wink towards me.
    I followed him down the winding stairs and into what looked to be a very large library. On the other side of the room sat a man in long dark grey robes writing on a scroll.
    “Eli,I have someone here to see you. This is Kaelen from the Sanctuary of Azure in Erion”, he introduced me.
    “Oh hello! It is nice to meet somebody who shares the same interest in research as I do”, Eli said looking up, a welcoming smile appearing on his face.
    “How does he...”, I began to whisper to Tamriel.
    “He is able to learn everything about you with just one glance”, Tamriel explained, interrupting my question.
    I walked over to Eli and after a moment of scrutiny I asked the question that was burning a hole into my soul.
    “I was told that you know more about the Guardians, is that true?”
    “Yes I do, I am one”, he replied simply.
    I looked at Eli with evident confusion.
    “I thought that only children can become Guardians?”
    “Guardians are those chosen to protect this world, Kaelen. Those who were gifted with this power are said to have the blood of the lion flowing through their veins”, Eli explained patiently.
    “I thought that this just started happening in recent years though?”
    “We always had this gift. It chose not to show itself until the world was in danger.”
    “What do you mean; the world is in danger?”
    “Look around, surely you have noticed that things aren't as they should be. When you saw that ogre, you were stunned in disbelief and again when you saw Tamriel here kill the beast with naught but three arrows. A threat is arising and that is why we are just now noticing and acknowledging that Guardians exist.”
    “So Guardians are all completely different?”
    “Yes, Guardians can master any of the combat schools though the gift chooses to only enhance those abilities the Guardian is naturally gifted with. That is why Tamriel here can imbue his arrows with the elements. Tamriel may not be able to hurl fireballs but he is one of the most extraordinary archers I have ever met and he can infuse the elements into his arrows . Much like the elemental properties, each imbue Tamriel uses on his arrows has a similar effect. Fire burns, wind blows, earth breaks, water flows, nature binds, shadow devours, and holy heals. These elements can be intertwined to create different effects such as what you saw Tamriel do today with his frost arrow. He combined air and water to create a freezing arrow just like the great druids combine nature and water to mend wounds”, Eli replied, enlightening me.
    “This is the rising of a great darkness, but it is also the Rising of Guardians!”, he proclaimed his voice rising in volume.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  4. Legacy

Legacy

Current Features:

- Zone Engine: The game has a smart area engine that loads and removes needed or un needed zones. The engine allows for us to manage everything in a single scene allowing for realistic world coordinates which will also help when it comes to adding in some form of teleporting. We have not decided as of yet if we will do seperate scenes per continent but that seems to be a good way to go :).

- Advanced AI System: Currently still under development. This feature currently includes the ability to create a behaviour tree for AI Agents and handle the tree with a generic agent class that handles all of its behaviours. Along with the agent class each AI has an AIBehaviour class which houses all of the logic for every generic AI behaviour but also allows the AI to specify special abilities or custom behaviours by calling a use function that allows the AI to specify a specific ability class and perform the logic within on the fly sort of like a scripting engine. The nice thing about this is that the AI can use any one of the abilities / behaviours because of the way the system is built. Currently the behaviours we have created are: Walking randomly, Walking on a path, Advanced Targeting based on faction and friends list, Chasing, Following, Attacking, Idleing, Get Help, Receive help request, flee, die, and use(allows an ai to specify a non generic behaviour.).

- Advanced UI courtesy of NGUI by Aren Mook

- Advanced Dynamic sky/weather system thanks to Black Horizon studios and Unistorm

- Advanced Character and camera controller courtesy of Fholm

- Minimap system courtesy of Fholm for the base system.

- Lobby Server / Login Server / World Server / Region Server using Ulink as the backend and MS SQL Server for the database. (Note we are also currently using Riak and have nodes setup but have decided to switch recently to MS SQL Server.)

- Many different shaders courtesy of multiple people including Chickenlord.

- Many different areas to explore currently still under development aswell.

Things we have accomplished:

- Written a basis for the games story.
    - Agreed upon starting races(may change before launch).
    - Agreed upon starting classes(Names may fluctuate before release).
    - Written the back story and racial details regarding the Forest Elves race.
    - Setup a decent collaborative environment.
    - Setup a website complete with email server, wiki pages(live but not currently public until we finish some things), Forums, and Media page where users can watch us livestream things.
    - Setup an SVN server for an easy means of collaborating work and keeping everyone up to date.
    - Setup twitter, facebook, and youtube pages and have published a few preview videos.
    - Detailed GDD that is still growing with the game.
    and much more that i probably will end up remember later haha :)
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  5. Legacy

Legacy

Announcements and Updates:​

5/2/2012 -

Development is still moving at a steady speed, I am currently in between a few different systems at the moment(login, character selection, enter world logic, AI, and inventory and item system as well as database management.) but hopefully will be able to put together the AI preview soon. We are currently setting up for our first crowd funding campaign, more information will be released once we have a solid foundation of what we will be doing for the first campaign. If you are interested in joining we definately could use some more able bodied minds and definately use artists of all catagory's.

4/24/2012 -

Today I polished off the projectile system and added support for arrows only affecting unfriendly targets(since they use real physics ;)), support for ai automatically registering the target that shot the arrow that hit them as an enemy and if they dont have a target will register them as a target. I also added support for combat idle states as it looked a little wierd watching them pop into their regular idle states haha.

4/18/2012 -

Last night was a pretty busy night for me, I really was not able to do much work on the game in general aside from making the AI demo scene very pretty :). I am getting ready to put together our 2nd preview video so i needed to create a detailed AI demo scene to showcase the preview. I may do a video showcasing how easy it is to setup an ai agent in our game later on :). I will try to get together a preview video soon of maybe one of the starting zones and some networking stuff after the AI video is complete. I am working steady on everything and am awaiting a response from MuchDifferent's CEO about the email he sent me the other day :).

4/17/2012 -

I have been a busy bee all weekend, I have polished off AI melee combat including the following:

- Attacking with multiple attack animations.
    - Targeting and Retargeting working flawlessly including range checks to see if the AI has gone too far from home or the target has gone too far from it.
    - Full support for stats.
    - Ability to attack and deal damage to both players and NPC's without having to identify if it is a player or another AI(everything works seamlessly and the only check for a player is under the death function as player death is different from AI death.)
    - Full support for different damage schools such as frost etc.
    - Full support for Death (AI die and their bodies stay for a period of time that was passed in and then it will send a message to the respawn handler to manage its respawn.)
    - AI Dynamically choose their targets if they have multiple enemys.
    - Full support for Faction based targeting and for friendly factions.

Next updates for AI include ranged style combat which will include magic and the request help and flee behaviours will be completed.

Other things i did over the weekend were rethinking the login logic. I decided against having an ingame registration, i may add it back in the future just for testing purposes so we do not have to create a registration webpage to register but for now we simply manage the database and add the information we need. We have switched from RIAK to using MS Sql Server 2012 as riak just does not seem as secure.

4/12/2012 -
    - Finished up walking and idle transitions for AI.
    - Finished up dynamic targeting and enemy registration. (Includes support for faction related targeting as well as friendly factions)
    - Performed some extensive tests on AI, Attempted 75 dynamic agents all walking around randomly and i ran around and aggroed all of them and had them chasing me up ramps and platforms etc all the while attacking and chasing me. Tested jumping off platforms and ai worked perfectly to find the shortest route back to be without clipping through anything. Also tested AI vs AI (as i said it is a faction based targeting system with friendly faction support)
    - Wrote the logic for the attack behaviour, attack logic is only called at a certain interval that is set by the AI and can be modified by modifiers such as a buff that increases attack speed/damage.

4/11/2012 -
    - Brainstormed and designed a potential player controlled political system for the game world.
    - Brainstormed and designed a potential guild housing system for the world.
    - Fixed a pesky bug with the AI Behavour tree not ticking fast enough. The tree now ticks 10 times per second or every 100ms.
    - Completed seemless state sync between attaching and chasing target and then performing a check to see if it can retarget if its current target gets out of range, if not it goes back to what it was previously doing.
    - Fixed a few state change bugs within the Agent class.

4/10/2012 - Finished up some AI Behaviours and bug tested them ironing out all of the bugs I could find so far.

4/9/2012 - Brainstormed some ideas on things we could offer to backers who help fund us when we begin our crowdfunding campaign. We also got a detailed list of items and their prices together that are needed for development including software licenses for Ulink etc.

4/8/2012 - Squashed a bunch of AI bugs! :p
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  6. ryandcreations

ryandcreations

Did you buy all the models currently in your game? I found at least one of them on the asset store. If so are you treating them as place holders?
  7. Legacy

Legacy

yes i have purchased models from the asset store and dexsoft. I currently have a lifetime license to arteria3d aswell. We do plan on using some of the models as they are quite good but others will be used as placeholders.
  8. Legacy

Legacy

Had my lead writer go through the excerpt i wrote and she rewrote some parts of it. I am extremely happy with the edits. Let us know what you think. I think i will be putting up a small video of some ai stuff soon but the full AI features video will follow that.
  9. Avanger

Avanger

efraser do you have skype?? and p.s i will have send you a pm same day ago
  10. nosebleed

nosebleed

If you need help let me know.
  11. Legacy

Legacy

What is your skillset? do you have a portfolio?
  12. Legacy

Legacy

AI is coming along quite nice, currently i have a decent plug and play AI framework completed and i have integrated Behave into the project to give us a bit more advanced AI functionality. Currently AI have the following Behaviours:

- Walk Random
    - Walk on path
    - Smart targeting(including creating a list of enemys based on if the target is friendly or not.)
    - Chase
    - Attack
    - Get help
    - Receive help request
    - Flee
    - Continue what it was doing if it lost its main target and there are no more enemys in its list.
    - UseAbility (a special behaviour i implemented that allows us to program AI specific abilities in seperate c# classes almost like scripts and run them as many times as we want.)

and much more to come.
  13. Legacy

Legacy

Updated the thread and added in features and accomplishments as well as an update log that i will continue to update every day.
  14. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

- Brainstormed and designed a potential player controlled political system for the game world.
    - Brainstormed and designed a potential guild housing system for the world.
    - Fixed a pesky bug with the AI Behavour tree not ticking fast enough. The tree now ticks 10 times per second or every 100ms.
    - Completed seemless state sync between attaching and chasing target and then performing a check to see if it can retarget if its current target gets out of range, if not it goes back to what it was previously doing.
    - Fixed a few state change bugs within the Agent class.
  15. r33lwhiteboy

r33lwhiteboy

This looks great! Looking forward to playing it!

Unfortunately, I've offered help on so many projects that I can't sign on for this one. Good luck.
  16. Legacy

Legacy

Thanks for the support :) if you ever feel like lending a hand in the future just let me know.
  17. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

- Finished up walking and idle transitions for AI.
    - Finished up dynamic targeting and enemy registration. (Includes support for faction related targeting as well as friendly factions)
    - Performed some extensive tests on AI, Attempted 75 dynamic agents all walking around randomly and i ran around and aggroed all of them and had them chasing me up ramps and platforms etc all the while attacking and chasing me. Tested jumping off platforms and ai worked perfectly to find the shortest route back to be without clipping through anything.
    - Wrote the logic for the attack behaviour, attack logic is only called at a certain interval that is set by the AI and can be modified by modifiers such as a buff that increases attack speed/damage.

Things on my plate for tonight:

- Finish out the attack logic by adding in damage calculations, AI health is already implemented.
    - Add in attack style logic based on AI current attack style state. (Ranged(includes magic) and hybrid melee and ranged). Damage schools are already implemented.
    - Write death behaviour logic and write a respawn manager class that handles the respawn of AI that have died.
    - Fix a bug with AI not returning to what they are doing if their current target gets out of range.
  18. Legacy

Legacy

Damage calculation algorithm is complete, damage is calculated based on a number of modifiers including the damage school, attack style, damage modifier(such as a buff to damage), and base AI damage. I tested the output of the algorithm and it works exactly as i planned.

For example: Frost attacks do half the damage but slow the target and depending on the attack style or damage modifier this damage can be increased or decreased.
  19. Legacy

Legacy

Just some logs to explain:

Melee

Ranged

20. Legacy

Legacy

Doublepost
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  21. Legacy

Legacy

the AI Engine is looking pretty awesome, still needs a few tweaks here an there such as the transition from attacking to chasing again, i attempted to use mixtransform which worked essentially but there is no transition AI state i should probably work out some transition states to make things smoother, the only issues i found with mixtransform is with certain characters and their animations, the leg animations are part of the attack animations so it makes the attack animations look really odd.
  22. Legacy

Legacy

Hey guys, if you were previously subscribed to our old youtube channel please resub to our new channel as we have switched over to a new channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LegacyOnlineEnt

Thanks and i hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  23. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

I have been a busy bee all weekend, I have polished off AI melee combat including the following:

- Attacking with multiple attack animations.
    - Targeting and Retargeting working flawlessly including range checks to see if the AI has gone too far from home or the target has gone too far from it.
    - Full support for stats.
    - Ability to attack and deal damage to both players and NPC's without having to identify if it is a player or another AI(everything works seamlessly and the only check for a player is under the death function as player death is different from AI death.)
    - Full support for different damage schools such as frost etc.
    - Full support for Death (AI die and their bodies stay for a period of time that was passed in and then it will send a message to the respawn handler to manage its respawn.)
    - AI Dynamically choose their targets if they have multiple enemys.
    - Full support for Faction based targeting and for friendly factions.

Next updates for AI include ranged style combat which will include magic and the request help and flee behaviours will be completed.

Other things i did over the weekend were rethinking the login logic. I decided against having an ingame registration, i may add it back in the future just for testing purposes so we do not have to create a registration webpage to register but for now we simply manage the database and add the information we need. We have switched from RIAK to using MS Sql Server 2012 as riak just does not seem as secure.

Also we have some good news from MuchDifferent the people who developed uLink. I got an email responding to our license inquiry from the CEO of much different. It looks like some really good news. I will update you guys when and if it is official :).
  24. ClarkCLK

ClarkCLK

I see the project, It is genial and increible, but the ship looks strangly...
    And some mountains can be more height.

Graphically is impresionant, I like to see a video of the project.

Wong Wong!!
  25. Rya

Rya

I didn't understand any of that ^

Anyways I like the project going well.
  26. Legacy

Legacy

Thank you for the compliment :)

Thanks for the compliment, the ship is a placeholder model and that is currently just an old scene that i was using to test out some things and was mainly used for showcase. There is a video on the first post :).
  27. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

Last night was a pretty busy night for me, I really was not able to do much work on the game in general aside from making the AI demo scene very pretty :). I am getting ready to put together our 2nd preview video so i needed to create a detailed AI demo scene to showcase the preview. I may do a video showcasing how easy it is to setup an ai agent in our game later on :). I will try to get together a preview video soon of maybe one of the starting zones and some networking stuff after the AI video is complete. I am working steady on everything and am awaiting a response from MuchDifferent's CEO about the email he sent me the other day :).
  28. laxika

laxika

Hello!

Do you need C#/JS proggrammers? I have some networking experience (mostly with java but used smartfox server with unity). I can also do game functionality other than networking too. I can post a complete portfolio if you need programmers.

Thanks, Laxika
  29. Legacy

Legacy

Hello Laxika, Please send me a pm with some examples i would love to see what you can do, Thank you :).
  30. sirenpro

sirenpro

looks great, i like the 2 playable characters shown. it looks ambitious, but you seem to have alot of dedication to see it to the end, so thats the difference between this and "ideas" that are on here most of the time. Bravo.
  31. Legacy

Legacy

Thank you for the compliment and the support :).
  32. laxika

laxika

Hello!

I made an example pretty fast, sent it in PM. I can make it much better if needed in the next few days.

Thanks, Laxika
  33. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

Worked all weekend on fleshing out a projectile system that works for both AI and players. Currently I have realistic arrow physics down and i have added the ability for AI to miss by altering the direction and force being applied to the arrow. The Projectile system is fleshed out and works perfect with the AI Engine I wrote. Things coming next include magic projectile physics and splash damage :).

Here are a couple of pictures from a demo scene i was using to test out the projectile system:
  34. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

Today I polished off the projectile system and added support for arrows only affecting unfriendly targets(since they use real physics ;)), support for ai automatically registering the target that shot the arrow that hit them as an enemy and if they dont have a target will register them as a target. I also added support for combat idle states as it looked a little wierd watching them pop into their regular idle states haha. Here are some pictures of both melee and ranged ai all fighting each other:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  35. Rya

Rya

Almost everything you have currently is in the asset store, just saying.
  36. khanstruct

khanstruct

Isn't that why the asset store exists?
  37. Legacy

Legacy

Rya... I have already stated that the models are from dexsoft, arteria, and 3dfoin. I have stated that most of them are placeholders as with any other game in development you use them until you obtain the final art assets to replace them. Everything in these pictures was programmed by me aside from unistorm terrain mapper(which is just used to generate some nice texture blending and detail mesh/tree placement), and obviously NGUI which is a UI Engine... I think i have a right to show off my own work using assets that i have purchased from the asset store and 3d model stores that is what they are there for correct? I am not a 3d artist i can only do photoshop graphics and some static modeling i am a systems designer and programmer... Yes i use AI Behaviour trees from Behave but at the moment it is only used as an organized state machine to tick the AI all of the behaviours and all of the projectile system etc was written custom and designed by me...
  38. Legacy

Legacy

Some updated images on the AI Demo Scene to be featured in the next preview video its not done yet but soon :)

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  39. Legacy

Legacy

And More pics haha:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  40. Cuziepie

Cuziepie

This is amazing. Ive been looking all over the forums for an actual company in which knows what there doing! I was wanting to join you're company as a concept artist and a coder (Java, C#, and Unity Script). I can't do to much coding since ive only had about 7-8 months of experience with it. But I would love to do concept art. Art is my main talent, and I love to do it. Contact me on Skype: ulrics.fate and we can talk further more on this subject. Thanks!
  41. Legacy

Legacy

Thank you Xenox for the compliment and support. We would love to add more artists to our ranks, I will contact you later today :)

Also another update, I received a response back from Christian Lonholm the CEO of MuchDifferent(makers of uLink) and he stated he would like to setup a skype conference with me sometime this week once he is back in sweden.
  42. Legacy

Legacy

Wasn't home much over the weekend so i decided to begin the Inventory system design which led into actually fleshing out pretty much all of the item system and stat system aswell haha. Currently everything is virtual meaning its fully fleshed out but it is not yet integrated with the UI yet i still have to write a plugin for NGUI and get all of the images needed for it but it has been tested virtually and all results seem to work perfectly. There are security checks to make sure the items are there before they are added or removed etc.
  43. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

Development is still moving at a steady speed, I am currently in between a few different systems at the moment(login, character selection, enter world logic, AI, and inventory and item system as well as database management.) but hopefully will be able to put together the AI preview soon. We are currently setting up for our first crowd funding campaign, more information will be released once we have a solid foundation of what we will be doing for the first campaign. If you are interested in joining we definately could use some more able bodied minds and definately use artists of all catagory's.
  44. Morning

Morning

Just wondering, will you release some making of/how to? I'd really love to see. Just a thought.
  45. Legacy

Legacy

Hello Morning,

We may do some making of stuff but i doubt that we will do any how to's as alot of this stuff is propietary, i may however do an article or something about how we got to where we have gotten and give some advice :). Thank you for your question.
  46. Legacy

Legacy

Hello,

I just wanted to post a picture today of some output from the Inventory and Item system which is working extremely well haha, I am constantly adding functionality to it. The next step after all of the data functionality is complete is to visualize the system which shouldn't be too hard especially with NGUI but our only problem is lack of 2D artists to get a professional looking result so i will use what i have to do it for now and to show you guys.

This screenshot shows a few different things, the ability for the system to create an instance of an actual item and populate all of the information for said item including stats and everything as well as some of the inventory functionality such as adding an item to an inventory slot etc(with checks of course):

If you cannot see the image here is the link: http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34168&stc=1&d=1336069740

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  47. Cuziepie

Cuziepie

OK, as ive seen, you guys know what you're doing. Is there anyway I could join you guys as a concept artist?
  48. Legacy

Legacy

Would you be able to add me on Skype or email me at Edward@legacyonlineentertainment.com ? My skype is Legacy-Entertainment. Thanks for your interest in joining and i hope to speak to you soon :)
  49. Legacy

Legacy

Alrighty so the newest feature today is with the Item and Inventory system. Now every inventory slot can store not just the item id and amount it can now store the item aswell and you can access all of the items data just by referencing the slot the item is located in. Here is an example image of this(every slot has the same item currently haha i'll get a screenshot of mixed up items etc later.). I have also worked on a database tool for adding, editing, and removing item, npc, and object entries outside of unity using c# and windows forms.

For those who cant read it: http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34215&stc=1&d=1336154785

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  50. Legacy

Legacy

Todays Update:

It's been a long weekend... Donated double red blood cell at the red cross and spent all weekend working on finishing up my dads new deck we built. Couple of things that i actually had a chance to start working on include an abilities system with a spellbook, it is in the very early stages so as soon as i get something visual i will post a picture. I have also been working on finishing up some of the AI before i do a preview of it as there are a few things i would like to showcase that need a couple touchup's.