Search Unity

Right to left library is now available to write Arabic, Persian (Farsi), Kurdi ...

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ND, Sep 11, 2012.

1. ND

ND

Render Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, Urdu, Yiddish, Kurdish and Pashto right to left texts in Unity.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/4348

Unity does not support your target language?

Raymon RTL (v5.2):
    - Converts to right to left and renders your texts fast and correctly
    - Easy to use: just a function call
    - Works fine in Unity5.x, Unity 4.6 and other versions
    - Works fine in iOS, Android, Windows, Web and other common platforms
    - Supports Farsi/Arabic number formats
    - Has basic right to left word wrapping feature
    - Supports almost all fonts you import in Unity engine
    - Supports large scale complex texts and mixed languages
    - Supports combinations of texts, numbers, punctuation, math formulas

Asset store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/4348
    Live demo : http://heygamers.com/

Please feel free to ask questions: raymongame@gmail.com

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    lifeisfunxyz likes this.
  2. ranilian

ranilian

Hi,

Does this plugin support URDU?

Because not all letters are supported. You can test this on your online demo: کھیلیں.

Let me know.

Thanks!

3. ND

ND

A common question:
    Is RTL Plugin also useful for Adobe Photoshop?

Answer: Yes, you can easily use it in almost any application. You can copy and paste the converted text from RTL plugin into other applications and text will be shown correctly.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. ranilian

ranilian

Hello ND,

Do you have any progress on the Urdu support?

Thank you for your great help!

5. konyi

konyi

Hi

Where is the online demo? The link goes to a " 404 File or Directory not found" page :(

Thanks

6. ND

ND

Sorry guys there was a delay for the new version to come alive. We were so busy adding Urdu language as a new feature to our RTL Library. Demo website is now updated as well. RTL (version 3.5) supports more complicated situations. it supports right to left and left to right texts mixed together and again mixed with numbers and special characters. You can pass all this just in a single string input parameter and RTL will take care of this complicated conversion. No more work on your side. Even this input string can contain multiple RTL or LTR language texts at once.
    This is so cool. Hard work from our dev team!

Cheers!

7. ND

ND

Hey Konyi,
    Sorry for this real big delay for fixing the live demo problem. We decided to change the web host server and now you can run the latest version easily.

Thank you,
    ND.

8. ND

ND

Hey ranilian,
    As we promised the Urdu language support, now you can try it in our new version here.
    Urdu language is a new feature in our plugin (we 'd better say Urdu beta version). We tested lots of Urdu-origin texts but please feel free to leave comments here for any issue you face.

Tnx,
    ND.

Shahab-Mirza likes this.
  9. ND

ND

Some available features in version 3.5:
    - Supporting Arabic, Persian, Urdu and Kurd right to left languages.
    - Supporting English, French, Spanish and other normal left to right texts mixed with RTL texts.
    - Supporting the complex and integrated multi language texts in Arabic, Persian, Kurd, Urdu, English, French and other languages including numbers, punctuation chars ( ~!@#$%^*()+÷×=_- |[]{}) and even math equations sent in only one string input parameter.
    - Right to left and left to right word wrap.
    - Options for allowing number format conversion

Please check out online demo

10. ND

ND

New version just released, updates in version 3.8:

Added features:
    Supporting Urdu language (officially).
    Supporting Hebrew language (beta).

Modified : Got compatible with Windows App Store and Windows mobile projects.

11. ND

ND

12. djary

djary

404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

13. ND

ND

The link is updated in the main post and also in my signature :)
    http://heygamers.com/index.html

14. dmko

dmko

Is the Hebrew support (with vowels) out of beta?

15. ND

ND

It is supported. You can test it on online demo :)

dmko likes this.
  16. Who-am-I

Who-am-I

I have checked your online demo for Pashto language But it does not fully support for Pashto.

For Example:
    Actual word is = كې

In unity3d using by your demo = ېﻙ

I need help for Pashto language.

17. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

it doesn't work that well, gotta go back to building my own lib. or hope unity well do something about it...

18. ND

ND

Dear "Who am I" and "Shkarface Noori" :

RTL v4.5 is out now which supports most of complicated combination of Arabic vowel and letters. Please try our live demo again and test it against your examples to see how it works.
    As an addition now RTL supports word-wrap for right to left languages. This can be adjusted by element width or by number of character per line.

Online Demo: http://heygamers.com/index.html
    Please read the updated document here : http://heygamers.com/read me.pdf

Please contact raymongame@gmail.com for a better and quicker support.

Who-am-I and shkar-noori like this.
  19. tlutz

tlutz

Had everything up and running and working fine, but this morning, I got an Exception:

Exception: The assembly RTL.dll has been built with an evaluation version of Eazfuscator.NET, which has expired.

Now RTL.Convert() just returns a null string.

20. preloaded

preloaded

We've had the same issue.
    Also the plugin didn't work on iOS (Unity 4.6 and scripting backend set to IL2CPP)

21. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

ئ، ێ
    are not recognized correctly, so if you type
    ئێستا
    it will become
    ئ ێ ستا

22. preloaded

preloaded

Any updates on this?

23. grimmgames

grimmgames

Yes I need this immediately for a contract I am working on, but the null string and iOS issues preclude me from purchasing...

24. ND

ND

Hi all,

First of all sorry for the delay in reply to your comments. Eazfuscator issue had been already resolved in previous updates. Eazfuscator is no more free.

Currently we're publishing a new version RTL v5.0 which is the most powerful converter ever. Word wrapping is fully supported now for all GUI elements and font sizes. It's now all dynamic and adjustable and no more calculation in your side.
    There's also a bit improvements in conversion speed. The bugs with Hamza (ء) and punctuation marks are resolved in the new version. There's a huge improvements in supporting numbers and Pashto language as well.

Please contact us "raymongame@gmail.com" any time for faster support.

Thank you for your patience,
    Raymon Game

preloaded likes this.
  25. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

Can You update online example?

Dev

ND likes this.
  26. ND

ND

Hi,

Sure we will do as soon as we make sure there's no bug in RTL. It's under final test at the moment.
    Here's the link to our live demo (old version yet): http://heygamers.com/RTL-Demo [please use Firefox] and we will update documentations and the live demo as we release the new version.

New version will be released soon this week.

Thanks,
    Raymon Game

27. ND

ND

Hi All,

RTL v5.0 is now available on Asset Store.

We also updated our documentation and live demo.
    Live demo : here
    Documentation : here
    Asset Store: here

We're always here to answer your questions about the plugin.
    Please send your feedback and questions to raymongame@gmail.com

Thank you,
    Raymon Game

28. jorgeschmt

jorgeschmt

Hi ND,

The demo handles line wrapping much better than the ArabicFixer plugin! Will this work on iOS and Android? I can't find anything in the docs or store page that mentions if it does or doesn't.

29. ND

ND

Hi Jorgeschmt,

The current version is tested and guaranteed working on standalone and web player platforms. We will test it on mobile devices to make sure it's working fine and port a new version if needed.
    RTL v5.0 is super smart in handling word wrapping. Conversion works fine for most right to left languages. Even the plugin is smart enough to convert left to right English texts having some Arabic phrases inside.
    We showed this by providing different examples and screen shots in our documentations.

30. ND

ND

This plugin works all fine on Android devices as well. We will test it on black berry and iOS very soon.

Thanks,
    Raymon Game

31. ND

ND

Hey Guys,

The plugin seems to work fine on iOS, Andriod, Web and Standalone platforms. Please let us know if you have questions : raymongame@gmail.com

Cheers,
    Raymon Game

32. Gameshastra

Gameshastra

Hi,
    We've had the same issue.
    the plugin didn't work on iOS (Unity 4.6.8 and scripting backend set to IL2CPP).
    We need to know if the updated plugin version 5.0 can be used in unity 4.6.8 or not? or is there a possible work around?
    As we have many dependencies based on this version of unity so we cannot move to unity 5.x.

Thanks

33. ND

ND

RTL v5.0 will work fine on both Andriod and iOS platforms. Glad to get your email regarding problem solved when you used RTL v5.0 in Unity 4.6.x.

Please feel free to contact us anytime via raymongame@gmail.com

Thanks

34. Valomo

Valomo

Hello, i find it good, but it don't have a support for the wrapped text from the UnityEngine.UI (not GUI) :(
    Can you fix this problem?

35. ND

ND

Hi Valomo,

RTL 5.x supports Unity canvas system as well as GUI elements. You can pass font information you use to RTL and it will calculate and return word-wrap enabled text. This result can be used whether in Unity new UI elements or in gui elements in OnGUI function.

Look at the code (right side of this image) which uses RTL with UnityEngine.UI input element:

Please take a look at documentations for more information: http://heygamers.com/RTL-Demo/

Thank you,
    Raymon Game

36. ND

ND

Hi Developers,

We just published a new version of RTL plugin to Asset Store. Enjoy rendering your right to left texts in Unity.

Render Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, Urdu, Yiddish, Kurdish and Pashto right to left texts in Unity.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/4348

Unity does not support your target language?

Raymon RTL:
    - Converts and renders your texts fast and correctly
    - Is easy to use: just a function call
    - Works fine in Unity5.x, Unity 4.6 and other versions
    - Works fine in iOS, Android, Windows, Web and other common platforms
    - Supports Farsi/Arabic number formats
    - Has basic right to left word wrapping feature
    - Supports almost all fonts you import in Unity engine
    - Supports large scale complex texts and mixed languages
    - Supports combinations of texts, numbers, punctuation, math formulas

Cheers,
    Raymon Game

37. AllanMSmith

AllanMSmith

Hey, does this plugin works for Web GL? I've been using Arabic Fixer but for some reason texts are not showing in Web GL, even when setting to unity's default font (it does show up in the editor, but doesnt work on a build).

38. ND

ND

Hi there,

WebGL itself doesn't support RTL languages yet. It just can't render it. Developers mostly prefer to use images instead of normal font-based texts.

39. PingoOoApp

PingoOoApp

I tested the demo for multi line text, and it's ok, does that man it will work fine in Unity ?
    I have tested other plugins, but facing problem with multi line text, because words are in fine in arabic,
    but the order of words are wrong.

Need your reply before I proceed and buy the plugin, or anyone who tested multi line text in the same label.

40. ND

ND

Hi PingoOoApp,
    Yes! Please use RTl.ConvertWordwrap() method and RTL plugin will do the job for you.

Thanks,
    Raymon Game

41. smokiespartakus

smokiespartakus

I'm having a problem with building for uwp with the RTL plugin installed.
    If I remove the plugin it builds just fine.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

-- Error --
    UnityException: Failed to run assembly converter with command -metadata=0 -platform=uap -lock="UWP\project.lock.json" Temp\StagingArea\RTL.dll -path="Temp\StagingArea".
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Visit(ICustomAttributeProvider provider, GenericContext context)
    at Unity.FixReferencesStep.ProcessModule()
    at Unity.ModuleStep.Execute()
    at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Execute()
    at Unity.Step.Execute(OperationContext operationContext, IStepContext previousStepContext)
    at Unity.Operation.Execute()
    at Unity.Program.Main(String[] args)
    PostProcessUAPDotNet.RunAssemblyConverterNoMetadata (System.String assembly, System.String projectLockFile) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessUAPDotNet.cs:106)
    PostProcessWinRT.RunReferenceRewriter () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:580)
    PostProcessWinRT.Process () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:126)
    UnityEditor.Metro.BuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:133)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    --

42. ND

ND

Hello,

You can always contact raymongame@gmail.com and our help desk will help you faster. I already opened a ticket for the issue you're experiencing.

Thank you,
    Raymon Game

43. smokiespartakus

smokiespartakus

Great - Thanks!

44. ND

ND

Hi all,

Just a quick update:
    We are working on a new release. The main focus is to support UWP and to fix bugs with multi language support.

Thank you,
    Raymon Game

45. reefG

reefG

Hi Guys, really great plug-in thank you! I'm having a issue with mixed languages, Hebrew and English if I Convert a string like The year is currently 2017?, the converted string places the ? in the incorrect position, it should be at the end of the string. Any help greatly appreciated.

ND likes this.
  46. vice39

vice39

Are input frields in Hebrew supprted?
    Thanks.

ND likes this.
  47. ND

ND

If you're still experiencing the issue, please report the bug to "raymongame@gmail.com". We fix issues as soon as possible. Thanks,

48. ND

ND

RTL as a converter can convert any input parameter. It is not an UI element to be used as an input field.

49. Sufyan-Elahi

Sufyan-Elahi

is jameel noori nastaleeq font supported for urdu language?
    And where is demo link or apk?
    thanks

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  50. Hamza-Hasan

Hamza-Hasan

Hello,
    Want to ask if your plugin supports FULL URDU? Because there are still some characters that are not supported anywhere.
    Can I have a live demo somewhere? Or a video that shows all type of URDU sentences.
    I can give you some URDU phrases for reference, that are not seems supported still, after every work around.

Hope to hear from you soon.

AAK_Lebanon likes this.