Search Unity

ReSharper wants to include the Assets folder in namespace suggestions.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by GarthSmith, Aug 3, 2014.

1. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

So I'm using ReSharper. It suggests that namespaces match the folders that classes are in. Unfortunately, for my Unity project, it wants to have everything in the "Assets" namespace since that is the first folder in the root of the Visual Studio project.

Under the Assets folder properties, I have "Namespace Provider" set to false, yet ReSharper is still suggesting everything start with "Assets".

Anyone know how to fix this?

baguwka likes this.
  2. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm having the same issue, and I do have VS tools for unity setup and working. I'm currently working with VS2012 instead of 2013 so perhaps that could be the issue?

4. RDeluxe

RDeluxe

Same here, I have this issue and UnityVS. Pretty annoying.

baguwka likes this.
  5. frosted

frosted

Resharper 6 and 8 namespace suggestions both work fine for me under vs 2010 and 2012. But I uninstalled unityvs a long time ago.

6. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

I had reported the issue to Resharper and they came up with this answer:

Tested that and it worked, although it is still more of a workaround than an actual solution

7. MapuHoB

MapuHoB

Resharper 9, VS 2015 Community, VS Tools for VS 2015, same issue still happening!

Previously I had ReSharper 8.1 and VS 2015 and VSTools and didn't have this problem. The workaround with setting each nested folder's settings doesn't seem very pretty to me, due to the fact that I have most likely over 200 folders to check.

Is there anything new on this topic? I'd be very very pleased to hear there is!

8. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Not only that, but it also seems to reset those settings every once in a while for no reason.