Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

reset serial number

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cpcworks, Jul 24, 2014.

1. cpcworks

cpcworks

My serial number says "serial exceeds maximum number of activations" yet neither I nor my 2 team members have been able to activate it. I purchased both the pro subscription and team license.

Anyone know how I get into pro with this problem? or get my serial number to work?

2. Oscar-P

Oscar-P

Administrator

Hello.

Oscar from support here.

When you reinstall your OS or reimage your machine Unity thinks that you are activating on a completely new machine, a Unity activation holds on the old operating system. Could this be the issue?

Please send a your serial number and the name of the machines that you want to migrate from to support@unity3d.com

Name the subject as 'License Migration' and we will aim to get back to you the same day.

Kind regards,
    Oscar

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Sounds like you are sharing your serial number. That's not allowed. If you have 2 team members you'll purchase 3 licenses.

4. cpcworks

cpcworks

Its never worked since day 1, so no.

5. cpcworks

cpcworks

as for the licensees I bought pro for myself and then the team license. I am unable to add 2 team licenses to my account, so please advise on that one as I have no issue buying another one.

6. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

A team license is an add-on to your serial. It does not change the terms of the EULA which say a serial number is purchased for a single user. That user can have their copy of Unity running on any two machines they have exclusive use of. So, if you have 3 people in your team, say, you'd need 3 licenses for Unity, and they could run on 6 machines. The intention is that you can have Unity running on a PC and a Mac. Or a machine at work, and one at home. Hope this helps.