Search Unity

Republique remastered in the asset store? where is it now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalerHakimov, Apr 14, 2015.

1. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

Hello,

Two days ago or so, I saw republique remastered in the asset store free to download. 2.9Gb. I wanted to download it at home, but seems it's gone as of now. Questions:
    1.Are you going to bring it back?
    2. Can I use some parts of that asset in the commercial games? like we can do it with Unity's official assets? {once its back ofc}

Thanks

2. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I don't think it is ever in the Asset Store. Even it is - it being a commercial game with trademarks and copyright - you will not be allow to use any of the assets in commercial game unless you get permission directly from the developers and publishers.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. mgear

mgear

4. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

5. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

Ok, thx for that link, it seems because of some tech issues they took it down. According to the description which it had, there were 3 complete lvls of republique, with everything included... So, for learning purposes it would mean a lot.
    I was also kinda thinking its not allowed to use their assets, but who knows ;) maybe they will change their mind...

6. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

7. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

In the description, it doesn't tell anything about the licensing thing.. Does it mean it gets automatically the Unity's Licensing terms? which should mean, we are able to use part of that assets in our own projects, just like we do with Unity's assets.

Can someone from officials confirm it?

8. CamouflajSupportTeam

CamouflajSupportTeam

Hello again!

Apparently the Readme file with the usage guidelines wasn't uploaded with the previous update. We've submitted another update, and with any luck it will be approved shortly.

If you have any more questions, post them here, or email our support team. We're here to help!

9. hopeful

hopeful

If anyone downloads the new version (still 1G), can they post the gist of the license?

10. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

So what is the license agreement? I downloaded few days ago and didn't see any, and Asset Store won't allow you to view the license agreement once you downloaded the asset. Could you just paste it here? (or summarize it for us?)

11. Ostwind

Ostwind

12. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's a super learning project, it's not for you guys to go and plunder :p

13. Socrates

Socrates

A learning project is great, but as the Asset Store has the ability to post a custom asset on the product page and ask you to agree to it before downloading the product, Republique Remastered should be doing that to remove confusion and ensure that they're not getting lumped under the default Asset Store license.

In fact, that would make it an even better learning project because it would teach people about custom licenses on Asset Store packages! :)

As an example, this Sci-Fi Music Pack has a custom license.

14. tawdry

tawdry

Sorry for the necro but just found out infinity blade assets were released completely free on ue4 but only for use by eu4 users infact don't all ue4 marketplace have this restriction? Really lame on there part yet unity allows its stuff to be used in ue4 seems a bit one sided/ shame on ue4.

I am da bawss likes this.