Search Unity

Repository?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Important Business, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Important Business

Important Business

I see all of the scripting in Unity, specifically in Mono Develop or whatever it is called, to be like a puzzle. I have this "image" of a certain script I want, and all of the different colored "puzzle pieces" to make my image happen are all of the coding words and language. I have the image part down, (the house or the landscape of the puzzle), but not the actual colors of the puzzle (the coding language to help).

So, analogies all aside; is there any sort of repository or catalog where I can learn what EVERY single little word means? I see tons of little "auto correct" words come up in Mono Develop that I think would be quite useful to know and to memorize, such as one remembers their Spanish vocab.

Thanks,

Important Business

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You can get some from the scripting documentation and MSDN. Many others will depend on what libraries you are using.

However I would caution against memorising every class and all it's members. That way is insanity. Check out the main Unity classes (GameObject, Transform, MonoBehaviour). Check out the lists of primitives and operators on MSDN.

For everything else wait until you use a class before studying it's members.

passerbycmc and hamsterbytedev like this.
  3. Important Business

Important Business

Provide a link? Can't seem to grasp where to go in library :) (specifically gameobjects if you would)

Thanks

4. hamsterbytedev

hamsterbytedev