Search Unity

"renderer.material.color" not working

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by angel_m, Jun 3, 2011.

1. angel_m

angel_m

I am trying to change the color tint of one sprite in this way:

sprite.renderer.material.color=Color.red;

But it is not working and the sprite remains in his original material color (white).
    The shader is the standard particle/alpha blended and when changed the material color in the Inspector it is showed correctly...

However when I use:

sprite.renderer.enabled=false

it does work and the sprite "dissapear" like expected.

????

EDITED.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. Jessy

Jessy

What shader are you using? Only shaders that utilize a property named _Color will do anything.

3. angel_m

angel_m

The shader is the standard particle/alpha blended and when changed the material color in the Inspector it is showed correctly.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

That shader doesn't have a _Color property, which is why "material.color = Color.red" doesn't work, since that's a shortcut for "material.SetColor ("_Color", Color.red)". If you look in the shader, you can see they used _TintColor instead. (Which is a bit arbitrary if you ask me.)

--Eric

5. angel_m

angel_m

Is there any solution?
    Thanks anyway.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Yes, as I mentioned, "material.color = Color.red" is a shortcut for "material.SetColor ("_Color", Color.red)". The particle/alpha blended shader uses _TintColor rather than _Color. I'm sure you can figure it out from here. :)

--Eric

7. angel_m

angel_m

Yes, I had tried that before asking the last time but I forgot to include the quotation marks in "_TintColor" and I got an error, and I thought it was not so easy to fix, Thanks. :)

8. Jessy

Jessy

I would edit the shader and report a bug. The faster they fix it, the better. Otherwise, it's going to be broken forever.