Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing projects from Unity Cloud Build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by matbrummitt, Sep 12, 2015.

1. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

Hi,

I can't seem to find a way to remove a project from Unity Cloud Build.

I also have a project listed under "Unity projects not currently setup for Unity Cloud Build". Where is this coming from? It's the same name as a project I have set up on Unity Cloud Build, only with spaces between the words of the app name. How do I remove it?

Thanks

Mat

muhammadimyusoff likes this.
  2. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Mat,

Projects are shared across Unity services (Ads, Analytics, and Cloud Build), which is likely explaining the overlap.

If you are the owner of a project setup to use Cloud Build, you can delete it at the bottom of the settings page (Homepage -> Project History -> Settings). Click the "Delete this Project" button. But be warned, deleting a project removes it from ALL services: including Cloud Build, Unity Ads, and Unity Analytics.

If you are a collaborator on a project, you can remove yourself on the Collaborators page (Homepage -> Project History -> Settings). You may also have access to a project because your account is a member of an "organization" (org). You can see a list of all orgs you belong to here: https://accounts.unity3d.com/organizations

Projects that appear at the bottom of the Cloud Build homepage under "Unity projects not currently setup for Unity Cloud Build" are projects that have been created using different Unity services (like Ads or Analytics), but haven't yet been configured to use Cloud Build.

Let us know if you have questions!

Cheers,
    Patrick

3. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

Thank Patrickc,

That all makes a lot of sense, except that the "Delete this project" button has eluded me - I can't find it anywhere following your instructions? Even a search of the page content (cmd + f) doesn't show any results for a button with those words.

Thanks

Mat

DeRealBrewster likes this.
  4. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Mat,

I believe you have to be the owner of the project to delete it. You should be able to tell who's the owner on the "Collaborators" page for the project. If it's not you, ask the person that created the project to delete it. Alternatively, if they're using the project for other services, you may just wan to remove yourself as a collaborator.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Patrick

5. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

Hi Patrick,

I am not part of any groups, so the owner should be me?

Thanks

Mat

6. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Can you direct message me a link to the project that you really-truly-absolutely know you want to delete?

Thanks,
    Patrick

7. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

Ok, so the delete button IS now showing up but I swear to you it wasn't previously there. I can only assume someone at Unity has fixed some CSS for Safari or something.

Thanks for your help

Mat

8. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Mat,

That's a possibility. We're deploying small fixes and updates all the time. Thanks for your patience, and keep the feedback coming!

Cheers,
    Patrick

9. psykojello2

psykojello2

Sorry to piggyback on this thread, but I'm having trouble deleting my unused project as well.

I created some projects many months ago to see if I could get my project to build. I don't use those anymore and they're just cluttering up my Cloud build dashboard page. I couldn't find an option to delete them (though I did see it once before for the project I'm currently actually using).

I tried Chrome and Safari - not seeing a delete button.

DevTony likes this.
  10. DevTony

DevTony

It had been missing for me as well, but seems to be back now.

Delete.png

11. psykojello2

psykojello2

Haha, I almost didn't believe you for a minute, but I went back to my projects and saw a delete button on one of them. Managed to delete it.

However, the other junk project doesn't have a delete button. *shakes head*.

One is better than nothing I guess.

12. yobuddy

yobuddy

Hi Patrick,

I am owner in project, and I made cloud build. but I didn't show "Delete this project". Help me please.

13. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

IMPORTANT
    Deleting projects is disabled in Unity Services (Cloud Build, Analytics, Ads, Game Performance Reporting, Multiplayer) for the moment.

The reason is that a project deleted in any of the service removes the project in all Services. This was a big issue for many users as they accidentally deleted projects of services which were not supposed to. That lead us to temporary disabled the delete function until we have implemented a better approach. :)

14. yobuddy

yobuddy

When do you think or plan we can use the delete function? Or can you delete the project for us?

15. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

No sorry, that's not possible for me. I don't know an ETA but there will be a better temporary solution available. In the meantime I can recommend to rename the projects to something like zzz_disabled_angrybots so it does only show up at the end of the project lists.

16. Sylafrs

Sylafrs

Could you give us a form or a link to delete it ?
    (Since no button exists, maybe we could emulate it :p )

17. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Perhaps some sort of overall services management page?

greenland likes this.
  18. greenland

greenland

I checked the wrong box for COPPA and now I've a project called "deleteme" under my organization for all eternity.

DubWellz and Kiwasi like this.
  19. m4lumm

m4lumm

Please add this functionality soon. I have projects across multiple organizations I need to delete.

20. unitychrism

unitychrism

The ability to delete projects is in the works, the current lack of a delete option is understandably frustrating but for now David's renaming suggestion is the short-term solution to manage your project list. I will be sure to update this thread when the ability to delete a project is again available.

21. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

Glad I found this thread. Good to hear it's being worked on.

22. JITENDRA-RAJ

JITENDRA-RAJ

Hi same here i want to delete/remove projects from unity ads but delete button is not showing can you tell me what to do or how to do???

Thanks

23. Aram-Azhari

Aram-Azhari

You can always disable (delete) the project using the cloud api, which you can call from the terminal using the curl command.

Check out https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com/docs/1.0.0/index.html for "Disable Project" section.

The command to do this:
    curl -X DELETE -H "Authorization: Basic [YOUR API KEY]" https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com/api/v1/orgs/{orgid}/projects/{projectid}

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    mcarriere and lior_rosenspitz like this.
  24. Goofy420

Goofy420

I actually quit using Unity services because of this. Not only can you not delete an old project, but that old project that doesn't exist still uses CCU's. I have no users online since they are all kicked due to exceeded ccu, but am using 100 CCU's on projects that no longer exist. Most useless "service" ever... just stick with the reputable third party providers like Photon if you have published games, otherwise you will lose all your customers due to Unity's failure. Now I need to waste more time republishing the old Photon version.

25. mcarriere

mcarriere

26. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

I can not recommend to remove the projects via API. If you do so please be aware that you are deleting all connected data of services using the project. You will delete all your analytics data when the same project is used for cloud build as well and you decide to remove it.

This is also the main reason why we deactivate it, we work on a proper solution which will be available soon.

@Goofy420 the old projects should not use CCU's. There where issues in the past which should be resolved already since quite a while. Please send me the details of the projects/orgs which are affected and we will look into it.

If you have issues with Unity Services please use the provided support ticket systems, create a forum thread or contact support@unity3d.com and we are able to help you.

27. mcarriere

mcarriere

I understand the implications, but that was exactly what we wanted. We created a project within Unity Cloud Build that we decided we didn't need, and we wanted it completely removed from the system. It makes sense that there's a difference between "nuke it from orbit" and "don't use this service", and we were definitely fine with the "nuke it from orbit" option.

malek256, Kiwasi and David-Berger like this.
  28. malek256

malek256

That's actually not correct - I used the API and removed an old project last week. See the post above yours for a good explanation of how to do so.

29. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Looking forward to it. I have a ton of experimental projects that need cleaning out. Might try the nuke from space method eventually. But for now I can wait.

olivers89 likes this.
  30. Deozaan

Deozaan

Where can I find my API key? The docs give me instructions that cannot be followed:
    There is no "Cloud Build Settings" when clicking on my name. In fact, there is no "my name" to click on that I can find, but I tried under the assumption that it meant my initial/avatar in the top right corner of the screen.

31. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Deozaan likes this.
  32. Deozaan

Deozaan

33. Intercorp

Intercorp

I want to reamove this project that i craeted just for test
    https://id.unity.com/organizations/testando-fps

34. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Zagule likes this.
  35. Denvery

Denvery

Thank you!
    But, as I can see, this project is visible under the pane "Archived projects"

Can you tell me how to remove them from "Archived", i.e. how to completely remove?

36. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

As far as I know there isn't currently a way to completely remove across all services, just archive.

37. ufigames

ufigames

what was the solution? could u plz explain steps?

38. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello @ufigames,

Could you elaborate on the issue you're experiencing?

- Sophia

39. gpbrave

gpbrave

Experiencing this issue. There is no 'delete' button anywhere to be found on projects.

40. Bobodeman

Bobodeman

Im having trouble deleting my past builds and Im the maker as its only me doing it. please help me find the delete for them. i can view but not delete from cloud

zetaFairlight likes this.
  41. Bobodeman

Bobodeman

is it still disabled??

42. Bobodeman

Bobodeman

what does archive do? does it delete it or what?

43. SophiaC

SophiaC

44. Werhunter

Werhunter

hi i read through everything but i still cannot find where i remove my self as a member from a project i tried looking in the settings of the project at: https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/projects/
    but i found nothing there and i cannot find anything in my account settings
    so i have no idea where or how to leave a colab project

45. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello @Werhunter

Could you please PM me about this? Include the name of the project you'd like to be removed from.

Thanks

- Sophia

46. Bobodeman

Bobodeman

so Ive ended up reading that in nother thread

47. SophiaC

SophiaC

@Bobodeman Werhunter was referring to being removed from a Collab project :)

48. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have two more or less literally empty projects from the dozen or so I made when i was first learning Unity.

Usually I turned off analytics or any other Unity services because I wasn't (and I'm still not) using them - no need to leech. I was actually chasing down an avatar for this board when I noticed they were there - embarrassingly both projects I thought I would get much more use out of than I did. A story we've all heard.

I'd like a way to remove those- it's not important, though.

49. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Its been 2 years and there still is no way to remove the garbage the accumulates there? It's so broken. Nothing works. I cant even rename it GARBAGE or something else. Who do we email to have this stuff deleted? I never even asked for this.

EVEN worse your forced to click accept on terms of service you don't agree with. There is no way out to cancel or say no. How can one remove this. I do not want any accounts or services other then my forum account and asset store. How do I make this happen?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  50. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

These days I'm just shunting off projects I don't need to an archive organisation I created. Deleting would be nicer, but failing that archiving them and hiding them out of site does work.

ollieblanks likes this.