Search Unity

Removed

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Mastereryx, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastereryx

Mastereryx

Removed

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. carking1996

carking1996

Post some screenshots of the game in here and video to get people motivated!

3. TheRaider

TheRaider

no idea why android is more expensive than iOS. Also do you realise all the problems around your rewards on the iOS platform?

4. TheRaider

TheRaider

But you can't do that because you only have a limited number of gift codes for the Apple store.

I think that is a silly way to punish people for choosing an android phone.

5. TheRaider

TheRaider

While is good to see you have learnt from your silly first attempt at kickstarter I feel you haven't learnt from a lot of your mistakes.

-Your product really isn't far enough to warrant much interest. It is a 1 day, if you are taking it slow, prototype.
    -You clearly haven't thought about how you would deliver the rewards.
    -I am not sure you have done much play testing with this prototype. I think you will find while the concept seems fun to first time you play will have a fast drop off for long term play. Having to spin the phone(or ipad!) 360 degrees all the time just isn't that fun. You could easily offer the same control with onscreen buttons as well.
    -The rewards don't feel very rewarding. You are paying 10 bucks for the same game you could get for free in a month.

I don't mean to put you off and this is a good little project. It is the sort of thing I would teach for a 1 day workshop and kids would have a load of fun. It will be rewarding for you to get it to the app store but currently I don't see it getting significant downloads.

Good luck, i hope you finish it anyway :)

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I wish you luck too Exalted Guy.
    My comment is about your original post "Our planned release date is on December 24th 2014, just in time for Christmas."
    If you were going to be just in time for Christmas I think your release date would be November 24th instead of December 24th. :)
    Yes technically it will be out one day before Christmas but the large majority of buyers are going to be at home either opening presents or preparing the nights Santa delivery for the next morning. I don't think a December 24th release date is a very good time to release.

Maybe you could push forward 1-2 months and dedicate that time on the items Raider mentioned. Mainly polish of the visuals and possibly tightening up the control method. Maybe give it out to a couple people you know and visually watch them play your game for an extended period of time. See if they get tired of spinning the hardware.

Again good luck.

7. TheRaider

TheRaider

Today I was talking about kickstarters to people and how some people use it as a way for making preorders essentially (our discussion was around if our physical already semi-popular product, we sold over 500 pieces of the hardware, would work as a kickstarter in order to make a much larger run).

Anyway it basically made me think if you use it as a preorder service he has to give you a good discount over the actual product and be a very desirable product for your target audience. This kickstarter is essentially a preorder (since there are no goodies) so I think you need to in these situations talk about what the product will cost if you don't do the kickstarter and wait.

8. TheRaider

TheRaider

that video was pretty bad. I actually thought the video part was screwed up at one point!

That was fairly painful. It should of been a 1 min max gameplay video. You didn't have enough content for 17 minutes so instead you just rambled on acting like you had agonised over basic design choices.

While you have progressed a little which is good, I am sure you have figured now you need to just get it out.

I still think you need to test better and look at games which are similar and if you offer enough difference. If you recommend to play the game flat you are just a tilt table game and there are some really good tilt table games out there.

9. TheRaider

TheRaider

A message Masteryx sent to me
    I would appreciate not being threatened. If you feel I overstepped the line you should just report me rather than threaten and call me names. My feedback may of seemed harsh, but it was critical and constructive. At least I took the time to watch most of it.

I would suggest you have a look how other tilt games show off their work if you feel you are struggling to do it.

If you want to call my work S*** at least tell me why and give some constructive feedback. It has done okay, it won the AARNET award for innovation in Education. You can check out my portfolio at Destined.com it is on the top left.

rbx775 likes this.
  10. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

LOL! Really, that just happened to you?

See, these are the types of developers that are just popping up on the forums nowadays. They have no idea how to take and understand criticism. And then they pull stuff like this.

Your feedback has never, ever been harsh. Clearly this guy is just a baby who needs to (and probably won't) grow up.

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Boing. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.