Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thank you.

2. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey Yum Cha... I was reading through the documentation for UFE and I was wondering about doing things like changing the names of the difficulty levels.... Is that easy to do... such as I would want stuff like Student (Easy), Teacher (Normal), Master (Medium), Champion (Hard), Immortal (Very Hard)

3. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Two ways you can go about that.

Simplest is with the Source version; just look for the public enum AIDifficultyLevel in GlobalInfo.cs and rename them there.

Slightly harder, but available in all versions is to just create a reference and use that instead of the actual difficulty names. In one of your GUI scripts (maybe Options, since that's where it will go), create a new enum with 6 difficulties (to match up with the default difficulties). eg:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public enum MyDifficultyNames {
    2.     Student,
    3.     Teacher,
    4.     Master,
    5.     Champion,
    6.     Immortal,
    7.     Godlike
    8. }
    Then when you display your difficulty in Options, instead of displaying the actual difficulty's name, you reference it and display yours in place of it. Something like this should work (untested, but theory is right):

Code (CSharp):
    1. Using UnityEngine.UI;
    3. public Text difficultyTextUI;
    4. public MyDifficultyNames myDifficultyName;
    6. public void ChangeDifficultySetting(AIDifficultyLevel newDifficulty) {
    7.     if (newDifficulty == AIDifficultyLevel.Impossible) {
    8.         difficultyTextUI.text = myDifficultyName.Godlike;
    9.     }
    10. }

KRGraphics likes this.
  4. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

And how much is the source version of UFE? I am not a programmer but this could be a small step for me to learn :)

5. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This last one made me snicker.. you would have to be SADISTIC to play that mode.

6. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Source version is $249. However, Bundle is currently on a special price for $149.50 as part of Unity's Asset Store sale. So I would grab that now if you want a bargain :).

7. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'll have to jump on that. Will it work in the current version of Unity?

8. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

UFE 1.6 (current) is only compatible with Unity 5.0.x at this stage. We have Unity 5.1.x compatibility working in our development, but that version is still not ready for release just yet. Keep an eye on this thread, as we'll update when next build is ready.

9. Twrmois

Twrmois

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 sometime ago, I have been using my same UFE project in Unity 5.1+ with no issues. Is there some problems that you have discovered when using UFE with Unity 5.1 that I should look out for?

Mistermind likes this.
  10. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I will keep an eye on the thread. And I'll wait for the next build. I'm looking forward to setting up limb based control schemes.

11. Mistermind

Mistermind

UFE 1.6 works with Unity 5.1.x.

KRGraphics likes this.
  12. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Good stuff... I really like this tool set... and I hope I will be able to create my own UI elements and select screens that load my 3d models...

13. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

Hi Guys! I am a new to programming and thought it would be a great idea to start off with this robust engine, especially since i've read nothing but great reviews about it. I saw it on sale and decided to grab it even though i know very little about programming. I want to know is there a document I can print out and read anywhere on this forum? I see the videos and will definitely take advantage of that but would love something to hold in my hand.

14. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I've been reading it throughly :) http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/start

The manual is pretty good...

15. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

16. kokakee

kokakee

Hi..have you got UFE? Like you(not a programmer or artist) i took a leap of faith in this engine..Today(its on sale ..left 2 more days).... Just trying to figure out how to get it to work.. Hopefully it wont be a steep learning curve for me.

Maybe we could share our experience with this engine.. from a noob to a noob. lol

17. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

For sure. I write comics for a living and hope to use characters from the different comics i've created to make a fun game. The tutorials seem very well put together. So between the tutorials and some outside help I think I should have something to show in a few months. I will post everything I do here for you guys to see. TW-poster-11x17.jpg

Twrmois, KRGraphics and Yum-Cha-Games like this.
  18. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Not sure if I asked this already, but how do I make sure each character has their unique costume color?

For instance, my characters who are "assigned" the same material of color, which can change the color of the costume when the game starts. If one of my characters, with a gray suit, for example, has the original color gray, then it will become changed to black, which is the color of my other character's Material 1.

How can I be able to revert the costume colors back to the way the were when I imported the characters, as well as set different Material colors for each character to prevent any conflict with all of my characters' costume colors.

19. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey MMind, is there any documentation on creating custom hit reactions to strikes. Such as head rocks sideways from a right hook, or head get knocked back from an overhand right? I'm thinking about my game mechanics and I'd love to even have custom crumple animations for certain moves...

also I may have to get a programmer to create a hook for Cinema director so I can use that to create cinematic moves. Thanks dude.

20. Twrmois

Twrmois

The "Opponent Override" settings in the Move Editor tab could possibly help with this, that's very innovative for creating a realistic set of reactions to getting hit

21. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Interesting... I may have to learn how to animate for my game especially during hitting animations...

22. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Custom Colors/Materials for characters isn't too hard to do, but it will require Source to mod it in. Here are some tips:
    • Create a List to hold your set of alternate colors. Hook it up like other List options within UFE, as Copy/Duplicate/Move are handy, but Remove is pretty much necessary.
    • Put these in the Character Info config, so it's displayed in the Character Editor, and not the Global Editor.
    • In ControlsScript.cs, look for the part of the code that assigns the Alternate Color. You'll want to modify that to use your custom alt color system instead.
    Those are the basics. Even at basic level coding, it's possible to do this. More skills will make it easier though.

23. SammmZ

SammmZ

I found an interesting bug – UFE can't use the lightmaps baked in stages prefab and works only with "realtime" lights even if it sets in "baked" mode only. Make short research and realize that it's a common Unity 5 problem. Here is the script that some guys made to fix it. Is it possible to implement this technology to obtain a proper baked lightmaps into UFE? We got a full source bundle version of UFE so I suppose we need just some minor scripting to fixit, right?

24. MarcusWatson

MarcusWatson

I'd like to adopt non-linear forward/backward walking based on the animation, because the animation's got deliberate steps. Eventually this might expand to a stagger depending on leg damage.

While individual limb damage tracking is going to require some coding I was wondering if there was a way of adopting the animation-based movement rather than fixed forward/backward movement speed. I guess this is like using Root motion rather than Self-Applied forces? I know we can use root motion for attacks, but can we use it for normal movement?

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Question. Can I use any 3d model with your Animations ?

26. hollysephiroth

hollysephiroth

Hello , I bought UFE Source some time ago , but I can not register to UFE forums , never got activation e mail also webmaster never answered . Could you please help ?
    Also I have one more question , Of course I need my player 2 to turn like he does in auto mirror mode , but I really cant have him mirror animation when doing that , thats cause it leads to my right handed sword users turning left handed etc .

Only thing I need is for them normaly rotate 180

Can you give me any tips how can I do that ?

Thank you

27. MarcusWatson

MarcusWatson

I had the same issue with the UFE forums registering about a fortnight ago. You don't get the activation email but you're still on the system but with a password you don't know. Try going through the password reset procedure with the login details you provided.

28. Xystress3

Xystress3

Hi Yum Cha,
    When I call base.OnGameEnd, the characters are destroyed. Is there any way to not delete them ? I tried several methods (like not calling OnGameEnd, or calling it under OnDestroy method but it generate exceptions and the next round do not work properly).
    Thanks in advance for your answer

29. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Hey YumChaGames, and MMind.

I started downgrading to Unity 5.0.x, and for some reason, I was unable to start up the TrainingRoom scene, and the program was free of errors. Every time I restart Unity, I fear that the same problem still exists. Is there a way I can access my download from Sellfy, the one that I've already bought?

Thanks in advance.

30. Mistermind

Mistermind

Unity 5.2 is having some heavy bugs with not only UFE but several assets. We recommend downgrading your Unity to version 5.1.4 for now (the last before 5.2). For more information visit the official forum (more specifically this post: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=525). We will you guys updated on any development.

31. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thank you for stating that, MMind.

32. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

I found the actual problem, guys. For some reason, I cannot access the most of the UI prefabs within the UFE toolkit while using Unity 5.1.4, except for TextureIntroScreen.prefab, and when the game starts, nothing's there. I am not sure why this is happening, but it could be a crash or glitch.

To explain, the UI prefabs that I can't access are showing a paper icon, whereas the one I can access is indicated by the blue cube.

UFEGlitch.png

How can I assess this situation?

33. Mistermind

Mistermind

Then it looks like even 5.1.4 is breaking UFE. Switch to 5.1.3. That is the one I'm using locally atm.

Giving they are releasing patches pretty much every week at this point (and for some cursed coincidence each seems to break UFE worst then the other), I think it's best if I just focus my attention to Unity 5.3 and hope to get UFE 1.7 fully functional by the time they release it.

Sorry about this whole mess, this whole thing is really beyond my control :/

NoSpoonAnim likes this.
  34. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

:( that is sad... I am glad I am waiting to purchase this kit... I was going to ask about creating certain effects, such as mimicking Sub-Zero's freeze with a material effect, or scorpions chains :)

And yes, these patches are ANNOYING as hell... I can't downgrade because my shader package is current.

35. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Okay, now that the downgrading thing is taken care of, I need to know how to fix this error:

Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs(1434,38): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.EventSystems.TouchInputModule' does not contain a definition for `forceModuleActive' and no extension method `forceModuleActive' of type `UnityEngine.EventSystems.TouchInputModule' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I'm not sure where to reference the forceModuleActive within the script, for I think that will further complicate things. What should I do to approach this?

36. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

I am in a dire situation, guys. I'm starting over with one of my games and I received this error:

Invalid parameter because it was infinity or nan.
    UnityEngine.AnimationState:set_time(Single)
    LegacyControl:DoFixedUpdate() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/LegacyControl.cs:49)
    UFE:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:1653)

I tried changing the "+=" to "==", but that did not work. I don't wanna have to restart it all the way from scratch again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Ignore the emoji. It's supposed to be LegacyControl : DoFixedUpdate

37. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Most likely, you're missing an animation. Also, are you aware you're using Legacy animation system there? Most are using Mecanim...

38. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Sorry for getting back to you late, I had to start over.

For another game I'm making, I'm thinking of using two animations in Mecanim animation: the Shoryuken and the Shun Goku Satsu (Raging Demon).

1.) How can I convert the Legacy Shoryuken animation to Mecanim?
    2.) What should I start off in order to make the Shun Goku Satsu animation? And for this attack, it's more of the Super attack in Street Fighter IV. It's around the end of the video.

39. raziel786

raziel786

To the Dev:

Hey there, I wanted to know can this be manipulated so I can incorporate it in a "streets of rage" style of game? and If so is it alot of work to get it to that set up or no? I am very interested in purchasing this but being a student and all, money can be tight :p

40. maltakereuz

maltakereuz

Do i have any chance to use it in 2D action game? Is it possible to "detach" 3d-redner from internal mechanics?

41. sewerstyle

sewerstyle

Hi guys! We purchased Pro version, but now have question: is it possible to make custom input in Pro version? For example I want to use gyro or gestures to control character's actions.

42. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys, any word on when UFE will be working on Unity 5.3? I'm interested in the PRO version, but don't want to downgrade Unity for it to be usable. I have shaders and assets that may break if I downgrade

43. Grave174

Grave174

Mistermind, KRGraphics and NeoUnity like this.
  44. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Sweet... especially with some detailed character models... now I will have some fun with effects like turning people into gold :)

Definitely good since I do have characters that use weapons...

I am hoping you will expand on this with stage transitions and interactive levels (a la DOA5 and SF5 and injustice)

45. recursive

recursive

I'm considering getting UFE as I'm restarting my Beat 'em up project (I had my own hitbox system but it lacked an editor). I know some people have managed to get some beat em' up projects going with UFE, but does anyone have experience with customizing the world collision setup and movement systems extensively? About how hard would that be if you have?

I'm eyeing the source version but want to wait for 1.7 to land.

KRGraphics likes this.
  46. titifluki

titifluki

Hi all.....

Yesterday I bought the Pro version of UFE, and now I have a question ...
    When upgrading to version 1.7 ..¿ I have to pay again? (I guess not)

thanks

47. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Nop u Dnt need to pay again.

48. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys... I have a question in regards to level preparation for UFE... is there anything special I need to do for things like the fight plane or the ground? Could I use an invisible collider? And also how does UFE handle stuff like stairs?

Example in this level I have two steps that I will allow the fighters to go up and eventualy move the fight to the outside (I would love to knock the player through the doors to the outside via cinematic cutscene...

Screenshot-2016-01-13-21.57.12.jpg Screenshot 2016-01-13 21.57.20.png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  49. bamncan

bamncan

I believe in 1.7 environmental hitboxes will be possible.
    I've tried in the past to get stairs to work to nio avail, though I've seen some turn it into a multi platform game like smash somshould be possible.

50. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I was thinking like in DOA where there are changes in elevation like one or two steps... and I definitely want to see environmental triggers such as knocking an opponent into an opposite wall of sorts and then they bounce back to the fight plane... an great example of this is Injustice where this is well used to often amazing results...