Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Are you updating an existing project, or installing UFE from scratch? We recommend installing UFE 1.6 from scratch instead of updating an existing project. This way, you have control over what needs to change, as many features have changed a lot and Unity doesn't allow for merging of files very easily.

Also, Upgrading Instructions.

2. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

See the UI tutorial thread. I don't tackle the character select screen in the video, but later in the thread I detail what's required for that...

3. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thanks for replying, man.

4. thephoenix

thephoenix

I've followed those instructions before. I upgraded my old project using the instructions. I created a new project and retried. I still face the issues that I raised.

5. Mistermind

Mistermind

The instructions on how to update your build (along with the entire documentation) has been updated to UFE 1.6. I recommend re-reading the links provided and careful analyzing the steps before reporting a problem. As far as the report goes, there isn't much you are giving us to work with.

6. thephoenix

thephoenix

I created a new project. Once I have finished importing the UFE in, I close unity and move the project settings in from the .zip. The config shows the file thumbnail and can't be edited in the global editor. When I go into the global editor and press 'Create a global configuration' it just creates a New Character.asset and opens the character editor...

I don't know what I need to say in order for you to understand. I followed the instructions and the problem has occurred everytime.

7. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

You only need to move the project settings IF the Input Manager fails to update. If you're installing UFE into a fresh new empty project, Input Manager shouldn't fail to update...

Did you get any errors upon first installing UFE 1.6 Bundle? If so, they might point us to what could be the cause...

8. thephoenix

thephoenix

I didn't get any errors installing it.

9. Mistermind

Mistermind

As far as this screenshot goes, that really does not help us at all. From the looks of it you just imported UFE and took a picture. Without any file selected, scenes loaded or pointers to what we should look at it becomes a lot harder for us to help you :(

I did go a step further though, and just tried following your instructions. It seems you are right about that report. Particularly, if you go to Window -> Global Editor and, without any Global config selected click on "Create new Global Configuration" it does in fact create a new character file instead. I just added it to the bug list (under upcoming features). For now, instead of creating a config file from there, either duplicate "UFE\UFE_config.asset" (the default global configuration template that comes with UFE) or from the project window click Create -> U.F.E. -> Global File.

Also I don't know if its just the screenshot, but make sure you open .\UFE\Scenes\TrainingRoom.unity to test the project.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  10. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

Wonderful work. :)

11. thephoenix

thephoenix

I'm confused on whether this is due to my incompetence or anything else. It seems when I import UFE into any project and open the training room scene, there's no objects in the hierarchy.

Screenshot 2015-05-26 16.21.51.png

Also, the picture below shows my point perfectly that when you import the package in, the UFE_Config appears as a blank asset (the one highlighted on the left) instead of like the one next to it. The config on the right was added using the Create -> UFE -> Global File method. I had a look through all the folders and it seems like it's a recurring issue throughout all the UFE files (character, global and moveset).

Screenshot 2015-05-26 16.29.08.png

Screenshot 2015-05-26 16.35.14.png

Also this is happening to the screens as well

Screenshot 2015-05-26 16.34.11.png

Sorry for the pestering but this is crucial for my game, also you guys and the owners of the bundle deserve to know the issues as this may be an issue with the package that is being distributed on the asset store.

12. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hmm, are you running a standard version of Unity? What's happening in your Editor is completely messed up. Even a prefab file isn't recognised! o_O

I would suggest re-installing Unity and trying again from there... hopefully that's the issue...

13. thephoenix

thephoenix

In my main project (another project), all my prefabs are working fine in the editor. Before. I cleared the downloaded package from my appdata and I redownloaded it again, I recall that when I imported the bundle, Unity froze while it was importing the quality settings so I just closed it using the task manager. When I reopened Unity it was like that. That's happened every time.

14. Mistermind

Mistermind

I just retested all the packages (including Bundle) and I could not replicate the problem. The issue you are facing is very odd indeed. I never seen the Unity Editor behave this way.

Also, are you using Unity 5? I can't tell from the screenshots. After the latest updates UFE 1.6 will only work on Unity 5.

15. thephoenix

thephoenix

Yes I'm using Unity 5. I will try reinstalling Unity, hopefully it will resolve my issues.

16. cloud0310

cloud0310

i think i had similar problem..
    what i did was reinstalled unity 5.0.2 and import UFE asset
    after that I only copied chr folder from older project.
    the rest i had do redo them. add chr again etc...

17. cloud0310

cloud0310

btw i need to mirror particle.... do i use same method as in UFE 1.5?

18. thephoenix

thephoenix

Okay I reinstalled Unity 5.0.2 and I imported the UFE bundle package in. Still freezes and I still get the issues. Hmmm... I could try to replace the files from an older project but I don't have the older bundle (1.5). I'm struggling to think of what could be causing this. I will create a project on my hard drive. It could be my current configuration that's causing these issues. Hmm...

19. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Try it, it might still work. If it doesn't, post in the thread and I'll get around to updating once I'm done with the videos :).

20. Twrmois

Twrmois

This may not be Unity's fault, nor the publishers fault. This happened to me with a separate package with a separate project, it was fixed by re-downloading the asset and re-importing. Perhaps you can try that? You can find the package here C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store, and remove it from there and then redownload.

21. thephoenix

thephoenix

As I said. I've already done that. No luck.

22. cloud0310

cloud0310

hmmm how about just install unity and UFE... without importing ur porject and see if that work.... then copy and paste one subfolder at a time you might find what cause the problem...

23. Mistermind

Mistermind

If this helps, I've just written a better explanation on how to update an existing project here (with details on which files you need to copy)

24. Robert_07

Robert_07

Hello. I´m updating from UFE (bundle) 1.5 to 1.6.
    The sounds in the screens MainMenu and VersusMode are not working.
    (In the CharacterSelection screen the sounds work OK).
    Thanks!

25. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Can you show a screenshot of the MainMenu and VersusMode GUI Prefabs? The sounds should be in the script attached.

26. Robert_07

Robert_07

The MainMenu and VersusMode GUI Prefabs are as default, with the references to the sounds.
    In the official demo: www.ufe3d.com/demo the sounds are not working either in those screens (Is it only me?).
    Can you please check this? Thanks.

27. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Oh, while running the game go into the Options menu and see if either Music or Sound is switched off. Those settings are saved locally to your machine via PlayerPrefs. I believe the same PlayerPrefs is used for both the web player demo and the default Unity Editor versions (so the setting in one can override the other).

We probably should have set it different for the web demo, admittedly ;).

28. mende

mende

Hello everybody,
    Im playing around with the ufe 1.6 source.
    At this time I just replaced the characters with my own characters.
    If Im selecting Trainingroom in the Mainmenu than the AI is not selected and not working no more.
    If I switch in the Global to Start Trainingroom immidiatly its working with AI.
    Any idea what I messed up?

29. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Okay, I do not know what's going on with my game, and I already posted this in the other UFE forum (www.ufe3d.com), but for some reason, the skins of my characters have changed from their regular skin to black, as well as their eyes changed to blue.

The picture embedded is that Unity_2015-05-19_00-10-48-79.jpg of the characters before they were affected:

And here's a video of them after the glitch:

I don't understand how my characters' skin tone has changed, but I would like to know how I can detect the problem and prevent it from happening again.

30. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

The Main Menu's Training Mode does not include Player 2 CPU by default. If you want Player 2 CPU to be accessible for your Training Mode in your project, you will need to script it in.

Was that picture taken on 1.5? Fonts and everything don't look like 1.6...

If your character prefabs are displayed normally in an empty scene (not the TrainingRoom Scene file), then the problem could be your training stage. Maybe its blocking the light? Have you changed the player textures/materials?

Mistermind likes this.
  31. thephoenix

thephoenix

Okay. I have done everything. I'm still getting the same problems.

32. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Strangely, the materials reverted back to normal when I opened the other file within Unity 5. The colors reverted back to their normal materials/textures, yet I'm not sure why the skins for each fighter changed...

Thanks for the advice, though.

33. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Please file a bug report with Unity. Your situation is very unusual, and if you've tried everything, including fresh installs, then I'm not sure what the problem could be. Without being able to replicate your issue, I'm unable to help you. I'm really sorry, as it sucks to not be able to work like this. :(

Is there anything non-standard with your machine or Unity installation at all? Are you running a beta build, are you running on unsupported OS? I'm trying to think of possible causes to this, as we've tried everything and cannot replicate your issue...

34. thephoenix

thephoenix

Well I am using Windows 10 technical preview. I will see if it's a windows 10 problem, I'll try it on my win 8 partition and get back to you on this one.

35. thephoenix

thephoenix

Okay. I have created a windows 8 pro virtual machine on my computer. The same problems are happening. Curiously, now when I import the package it actually displays an error message this time instead of just freezing. Progress!

Screenshot 2015-05-31 17.00.20.png

36. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Please check your PMs. :)

37. Robert_07

Robert_07

In the Options menu, Sound Fx is enabled. As I quoted before, in the CharacterSelection screen the sounds work fine so thats means that is not a problem related to the options menu inside the game. As I see this same malfunction in your official demo it looks as a bug to me. Please check this out. Thanks.

38. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Can you upload a video of what's happening? I'm unable to replicate the issue. The web demo works fine for me, I get music/sounds in Main Menu and Character Select Screen, and when I disable either from Options menu they are disabled as expected...

39. cloud0310

cloud0310

well i found some error? glitch??
    when the round start my chr start lying on the ground
    no idea why.... but that poses (i think...) looks like the pose just b4 I export from MAYA to FBX

any clue how to fix this problem?

40. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I assume you meant "flying", since that's what's happening?

Either that's the idle animation you've used (i.e. it looks like that), or you need to tweak your import settings for the animation clip in question. See this post, this post, and this post for information on import settings of your aniamtions.

Also related, see the Character Importing guide for tips on importing your characters.

Mistermind likes this.
  41. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

yeah.when I install UFE package sucessful. I can't oepn the Trainning.unity. How is the problem?

when I open Global editor. and set. Just got an New Character . How Can I do. And cna't see anything in hierarchy.
    4.png

42. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

The TrainingRoom scene file is in the Assets\UFE\Scenes folder.

That error with creating a new Global Config file is detailed above in MMind's post. We've logged it as a bug. For now, you can work around it by duplicating the default Global Config file (UFE_Config) and editing the copy to your needs (which might be faster than creating one from scratch anyway as it will have most options filled in).

43. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Hey, YumCha Games,

Is there a way to configure the game into a manner of letting them know they've unlocked a certain character after completing Story Mode with another? Kind of similar to that in SoulCalibur, shown here: SoulCaliburUnlockCharacter.jpg

44. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Once you have your unlocking script functions in, then you'd just need to create a new StoryScreen for each character (or include it into their Ending Screen, maybe with a bool so it only triggers on the first time) and add that to the Story Mode options in each character's Story Mode. Just hook up the unlock portion with the Story Mode ending and that should work.

At least, that's my initial thoughts on how to handle that. That would cater to your needs pretty well, but may not be a scalable enough solution for other styles of unlock able characters.

mqiydaar likes this.
  45. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thanks, man. I'll find some way to do it once everything's done.

46. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

en, I still don't know how to edit global.asset in unity5. seems that it can't be open and edit.

47. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Have you opened the Custom Global Editor Window?

48. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

It seems that My unity5 can't recoganize the UFE_config.asset,How can I do?

Attached Files:

• 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      10 KB
      Views:
  49. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

and there have nothing when I open trainingroom.unity .

Attached Files:

• 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
  50. Robert_07

Robert_07

Oh, I just realized that I did not tell you that there is no sound in the MainMenu or VersusMode if you use the mouse or touch to click in the buttons.... (In the Character Select Screen, the mouse or touch reproduces the sound correctly, but not in the previous screens). I guess I´ll have to add this manually in the previous screens.