Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Twrmois

Twrmois

Web Player builds can have Online Multiplayer.About the buying server part if you are using the Photon Server (not cloud version) then yes you will have to buy a server. On a side note you have a nice project btw. What program do you make your animations in?

xXTheZoneWalkerXx likes this.
  2. liero116

liero116

Hey quick question about online functionality: are you guys going with a "rollback" style of netcode or something else? Can you briefly go over what we should expect in terms of latency?

3. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

So, I got this error while trying to set up/purchase new moves through Unity's Mixamo Store, and I get this error:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    Mixamo.UnityStore.Widgets.WidgetCharacterSelect.WarningForCharacter (UnityEngine.GameObject obj)
    Mixamo.UnityStore.Widgets.WidgetCharacterSelect.OnGUICore ()
    Mixamo.UnityStore.Widgets.Widget.OnGUI ()
    Mixamo.UnityStore.MixamoStore.OnGUI ()
    MixamoStoreWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AnimationStore/Editor/MixamoStoreWindow.cs:34)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

If there's any way to fix this error, I would greatly appreciate it.

4. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Wall bouncing was not implemented, unfortunately.

Twrmois essentially answered your networking question. I'll only add that it's still early days so things could change down the line.

Hopefully, very little ;). We'll have more information on this after the 1.6 update rolls out.

That error doesn't look like it's a UFE error at all. I see no UFE scripts there, unless there's a clash with class names?...

Just double checking, was that post meant for the Mixamo thread by chance?

5. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

I'm not sure about the clash with the class names, and no, I am sure that was meant for this thread. And I wanted to know how to make palette swaps between two characters and make them as one. For example Ryu and Ken as one character.

6. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Hey, MMind. I was wondering, if I were to upgrade to the Source version of UFE, would I get a discount and pay the difference of the balance between source and pro? By the way, I am a college student, so would I be eligible for a discount?

7. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I just tried using the Mixamo Store plugin, and I do get a similar error when dragging a HitBoxed prefab into the Mixamo preview. But if I used the FBX prefab instead, it works fine. Try that...

Check your PMs :).

8. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Ok cool as long as it works in a web player im golden. I have never tried networking before so this should be interesting. And thank you for the compliment sir im still rolling everyday with this and im excited to share the finished artwork with everyone. Ive been animating in maya 2015 because I find it easier to rig and animate in that program. The Human IK rig works beautifully. it allows me to retarget animations from other characters and mocap. Again, Im excited to share the finished models and animations.

Thats understandable. With the addition of a story mode and networked multiplayer i dont think there's room to complain. I have a question about canvas ui though. will 1.6 come with canvas ui implemented for controller support. I.e. the title screen or in game pause menu. Ive been creating my own ui and I know its going to get stomped with the new update so if it comes as a feature that would save a lot of time.

9. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Canvas UI I believe is implemented for UFE inputs by default. So if you change the Global Options | Input Options to use cInput, then the Canvas should just use that now.

I'll double check that when I'm making the video preview for 1.6. :)

10. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Vote at the link below!

strawpoll.me/4238693

So Ive finished the first draft concept for captain hook.

• A - Young James - Inspired by Once Upon A Time
    • B - Vega Mask James - Inspired by Vega from Street Fighter
    • C - Evil Sea Captain James - Inspired by Moby Dick
    • D - Jolly Clown James - I always thought evil clowns were cool
    • E - Userper James - Inspired by Cervantes from Soul Calibur
    • F - Powerful Sorcerer James - Inspired by Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda
    • G - Oni James - Original Creation
    • H - Intergalactic Sorcerer James - Inspired by Dragonball Z

I would love for all of you to vote and choose which design you like best :)

You can vote multiple times, and I dont plan on having two different body types in the game.

What that means is if one body type gets more votes than the other, then I will choose the two

most popular designs from that body type. Hope that makes sense. So please cast your votes!

Mistermind likes this.
  11. Twrmois

Twrmois

Hey MMind, I have a question-

Unity 5 seems to boast about their new "Standard Shader" that contains all of the qualities of Unity 4's built in shaders, all built into one. When you guys are testing UFE in Unity 5, is there a general graphical change when using the Standard Shader, or does everything look pretty much the same?

12. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Actually, now that you mention it, it does feel better to me. But honestly, that's probably just how much I've messed with my pre-1.6 projects.

The other thing is, the default models only come with a diffuse and maybe a bump texture. So there's not too much to work with anyway. If you have more maps on your models, you might notice some difference. And I expect with some configuring, it wouldn't be too take advantage of the new shaders too.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just had a look, and we were using the Legacy Shaders on the characters. I've updated them to use the Standard Shader now, and it does look a bit better along with giving you more control over lots of parameters too. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Twrmois likes this.
  13. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Hey, guys. The good news is that I was able to get two of my characters to fight. After configuring the moves and importing animations into Unity with UFE (Source), the characters have assigned moves to their person.

The bad news is that whenever I attack with one of my characters, for instance, with a kick or punch, it doesn't hit the opponent, but when the opponent is hit by it, my character hits the opponent before the move is fully executed. The pictures below shown said examples.

Is there any indication to what I'm doing wrong? UFESourceProblemA.png UFESourceProblemB.png

Attached Files:

14. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Can you show us the Active Frames of the move in question. It looks like they might start too early...

15. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Sure. They're in the image below:

Attached Files:

16. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Also, I was editing the scripts, and for some reason, I cannot restore the custom window layouts (Global, Move, and Character). Is there a way to restore them after the user closes and restarts Unity?

17. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Never mind, I found out how to get the custom layouts.

18. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

So you have your active frames at 0-2, which is the first 3 frames of your attack. This explains your results. In the Move Editor, you should preview your animation and set the active frames to when you want your attack to hit the opponent.

See the Move Editor, Active Frames online docs and the Throw Creation Guide for more information on creating moves.

19. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thank you. I will try that.

20. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Now that I've fixed the active frames according to the correct animation frame, I'd like to point out something.

I tried to edit a few scripts so the announcer in my game can say one of my character's name when I select him/her, and as I was following this tutorial on this website: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1731#p1731 ,
    I wasn't able to find this code within the CharacterSelectionScript.cs file:

if (Input.GetButtonDown(UFE.GetInputReference(selectButton, UFE.config.player1_Inputs))){
    UFE.PlaySound(selectSound);
    UFE.SetPlayer1(UFE.config.characters[p1HoverIndex]);

The second part of the code is the part I was supposed to create was this in order for this to work:

UFE.PlaySound(UFE.config.player1Character.selectSound);

I have the first part down pat, but I am not able to find the first string of code within the script. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

21. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

That tutorial was written before the 1.5 update. In 1.5, that part of the code now resides in it's own function. I've replied with the reference on the UFE forums.

mqiydaar likes this.
  22. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thanks a bunch. Now I can configure it for my game.

23. Twrmois

Twrmois

So hyped for the Photon networking, also some pre-release advice.

When you go to build for certain platforms on Unity 5 with the update, some of them (WebGL, PS4, the like) does not support Photon Networking RPC calls, and there will be a confusing error when trying to build. (It will say you are trying to reference a line of code that "doesn't exist"). To fix this, you would head into the RPC script in the Photon folder and in the parenthesis where it shows devices that will exclude RPC calls, add the name of the platform you are building for next to the line. (e.g. UNITY_WEBGL).

xXTheZoneWalkerXx likes this.
  24. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Here's a screen shot of said problem: glitch.jpg

25. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Ah, looks like the character is just placed midway down through the floor. While paused, look at the game via Scene view and rotate around to see if your character has their bottom half poking through the ground.

Most likely, the problem here is your root bone is not at the feet of the character. You want the root bone of your character to be at the feet and not at the hips or any other place. It might be possible to configure this in Unity as part of the Mecanim process, but I'm not 100%. I would just go back into your 3D app and either remove your root bone to the align with the feet, or create a new parent bone at the feet and have all other bones children of that.

26. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thank you. I'll see what I can do.

27. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

I want to be able to create my own working GUI with the latest, modern technology, and I want to do something along the lines similar to Kings of Kung Fu, complete with Arcade Mode, a versus screen before the match, and twelve characters at the character select screen. Which plugin from Unity or software from the Internet should I begin to use for my own GUI screens? kingsofkungfucharacter.jpg

28. Twrmois

Twrmois

When will "Stage Interactables" be added?

29. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I recommend waiting for 1.6 update. Which will allow to use Unity's new UI components better than NGUI.

Oh, also it will have Arcade Mode pretty much like the one used in KoK.
    Do you mean the stuff in KoK, or something else? The KoK intractable were scripts that basically reacted when a character got close.

30. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thank you for replying, YumCha Games.

31. Twrmois

Twrmois

Well i was referring to the KoK interactable when the glass broke during the first fight, also i was also referring to this

upload_2015-5-10_19-49-57.png

32. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

So, while playtesting my game, I found these four errors during and after facing off against one of my characters. Does anyone know what solution is best?

Quaternion To Matrix conversion failed because input Quaternion is invalid {-1.#IND00, -1.#IND00, -1.#IND00, 1.#QNAN0} l=-1.#IND00

Quaternion To Matrix conversion failed because input Quaternion is invalid {1.#QNAN0, 1.#QNAN0, 1.#QNAN0, 1.#QNAN0} l=1.#QNAN0

IsFinite(outDistanceForSort)

IsFinite(outDistanceAlongView)

33. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Those errors look like animation clip errors. To be sure, use your character model with the default animations and see if you still get the errors.

34. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Okay. The good news is when I copied the default animation moves to my character and set the animation type to Legacy, the character seemed to work just fine, despite the character not moving a limb and just staying still when jumping or launching the projectile.

The bad news is that when I put back the four moves into my character's moveset, his lower half was invisible and can only be seen going through the ground in Scene Mode, sort of like the problem I had with my other character.

I'm thinking it might be a Mecanim issue, even though the site helped me rig the character, but it could be the issue with the Mecanim plugin not importing prefabs and selecting them to export animations.

35. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

What site are you talking about? Mixamo? They're usually really good at rigging, but if there's any issues that would be the first place I'd look.

Did you create your own model or is it created with Fuse? Fuse and Mixamo's auto rigging usually work very well together, and I've rarely had issues with it. Though I've found, even with Fuse, that the auto rigging is still not as good as manual rigging where you have full control vertices being deformed by your bones (armpits are the main issue).

You should understand the difference between Mecanim and Legacy. Legacy animations must be created with the same rig (that is, same hierarchy/structure and EXACT same naming), otherwise the animations cannot map correctly to your rig. Mecanim with Humanoid rigging, on the other hand, does not require this since it re-targets animations based on a human skeleton. i.e. Mecanim doesn't see an animation for BoneX and look for BoneX to apply it, instead it sees an animation for the "Left Arm" object and then applies it to the current skeleton's "Left Arm" object regardless of what the bone is called.

If your character is rigged as Mecanim Humanoid, try using the model on Robot Kyle's move set. It should just "work".

Going back to your problem of the character being halfway into the ground, again ensure your root bone is placed at the feet and not at the character's hips/waist. Mixamo usually do this correctly, so maybe you're not using Mixamo...?

36. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

You're right about me not using Mixamo to create my characters, because I use a program called MakeHuman to develop my characters and edit them with 3D Studio Max. Only problem is that when I try to purchase animations through Unity's Mixamo Plugin, it only reads the .fbx file for some reason, and not the .prefab file that I make when configuring the hitboxes. The animation preview works, but I am unable to attain it, which puts me through going to the Mixamo website to auto-rig (upload) and purchase animations.

I will try the suggestion of configuring the model to Robot Kyle's moveset, which I thank you for, but it will take some time to configure my characters in order for them to work.

37. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Okay, oddly enough the moveset from Robot Kyle works with my Mecanim Humanoid character. It must be an animation error with the moves I've bought and configured for my character.

38. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Double check your import settings for the animations. Usually messing around with the Baked into Pose and Rotation other offset values can fix those sort of things.

39. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

All right, I'll do that. Thank you.

40. Mistermind

Mistermind

UFE 1.6 preview:

Documentation also updated. Check out what is new here:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures

UFE 1.6 will be available this week, starting with Bundle and Source. I'll keep you guys posted as we update the builds.

KMassop likes this.
  41. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Any news on the other releases of UFE 1.6? (Source, PRO, etc.) And how can I upgrade to the just the Source version without the Fuzzy AI?

42. Mistermind

Mistermind

Very soon. I'm already updating the packages:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=359

As soon as they are all available I'll make an official release post.

http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog#how_to_update_your_ufe_build

Make sure you check the official forum for more news as well ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    mqiydaar likes this.
  43. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

44. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Hey, sorry to disturb you guys, but is the Source (without bundle) available on Sellfy? If so, how can I acquire it, and do I have to pay the difference since I've upgraded to Source from PRO recently?

Thank you in advance.

45. Mistermind

Mistermind

UFE Source 1.6 is now available for download on Sellfy. If you already paid the version upgrade you should have your Sellfy link from the Source download as well.
    • Sellfy: Use the same link that was provided when you first purchased the product to download this update. If you run out of attempts, send me a private message with the e-mail used in the purchase so I can validate it and reset the attempts.
    (from http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog#how_to_update_your_ufe_build)

For everyone else, follow this link to see the status of each version as I work on packaging and upload: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=359

46. cloud0310

cloud0310

has bundle updated to 1.6 yet?\

47. cloud0310

cloud0310

oh waiting for approval -0-

48. Mistermind

Mistermind

Alrite guys, UFE 1.6 is now officially released and available to download.

Change Log:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog

Notes:
    • Click here for instructions on how to download and update your build.
    • Some versions are still on the process of being updated. If your version (or download channel) hasn't been released yet, stay tuned for updates on this thread.
    • Updating the GUI of existing projects may get a little tricky. Make sure you follow our newest video tutorial as well as the documentation updates:

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  49. thephoenix

thephoenix

My UFE is acting weird. I've updated to the latest version on the asset store. My version is the UFE bundle and I'm on Unity 5. When I try to use the global editor, the config can't be used nor when I try to create a new config, it just creates a character. Also the premade character files are just plain assets (don't function in the editor and its thumbnail in the project view is a blank file). I've tried redownloading it and reimporting it. Doesn't seem to help.

Please help me.

50. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Okay. Now that I've acquired and worked with UFE 1.6 on Unity 5 for the past couple of days, I wanted to know how to arrange for my character select screen to have twelve slots as opposed to eight of them. It's really difficult to do this, seeing as how I don't see how to do that when looking through the prefabs or script. Any help would be greatly appreciated.