Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I would ask around on the UFE forums. The main reason I'm unable to help with this particular case is I don't yet have large enough stages that cause long load times. But I know others have been able to create loading screens for their games (Kings of Kung Fu has one, I'm sure the Meta Warriors guys created something etc). Chances are, someone on those forums knows where to go for this.

Sorry I can't help more on this! When I finally have some large stages I can test loading screens with, I'll update with more info.

2. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

No problem, thank you for all of your help so far. I'll do that, and thanks for your answer on c input it works wonderfully. I'm excited to post my new trailer and release the demo of my game at the end of this month/ beginning of April

3. DjWilly

DjWilly

Yes, same here. It just doesn't work. Hopefully 1.6 is here soon. Unity4.5/4.6 are not supported by PS4 it has to be 4.3 (no UFE) or Unity5. Looking forward for it.

4. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

I did find a bug of some kind in the stage select screen. I dont know if its because im on an xbox controller, but I never attempted this before. It never came across my mind but I tried playing around like some eager child would after the stage was selected

It seems that after you select a stage the input is still on and you can keep hitting the confirm button. if you do that several instaces of the stage and characters load at once and crashes the game.

How can I disable the input as soon as a stage is selected?

5. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hmm, looking at the code, that shouldn't happen. (I was going to suggest a fix, which is already in my StageSelectionScript.cs file at line 108)

Have you altered the code in that file at all?

6. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

I have altered it a little bit, but im not sure why it would keep the input alive. The only alterations Ive made to the stage select script are to destroy the player1instance and player2instance objects. Those belong to the character slection script. I had to destroy them once a stage is selected because they would still be active in the scene when the match starts.

I also have a prefab of a book sitting on a table on my title screen. Once the stage is selected I translate this out of the cameras view. Ill post a video tonight of the defect tonight along with code snippets

7. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

This video is not a full gameplay trailer. Just a test for setting up the flow of the actual gameplay trailer and testing out the recording quality of Dxtory

Yum-Cha-Games and Mistermind like this.
  8. Mistermind

Mistermind

This is looking better and better!
    As soon as you have an official trailer let us know. I'll be glad to publish on our youtube page!

9. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Thank you! Ill definitely do that

10. Twrmois

Twrmois

Installed cInput and works perfectly with the keyboard, but having issues with the controller.
    When I try any of my Xbox 360/One controllers, including generic PC controllers, the buttons are bindable but the analog/d-pad does not seem to be bindable to the movement.
    Any fix?

11. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Do those controllers work in other non-UFE projects? Just to eliminate that possibility...

12. Twrmois

Twrmois

Never tried, they work for other PC games but my other Unity projects i dont use controller input for them. I found a ok fix, basically I have to use a program like Joy2Key to bind the movement keys to keyboard buttons, and the rest are normally assigned within the menu in my game. Works ok for now , seeing as the game isnt public yet and I mainly test locally with friends/family/myself.

13. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

When will we get the next exciting version? :)

14. mende

mende

Hello eveybody.
    my Opponent Override in the move file is crashing unity, so is there some way to fix it in the script (MovedEditorWindow)?

The opponent override for the original Throw Confirm Move file is also currupt, so I can not duplicate /copy it any more.
    .We have already changed the scripts for our purpose, so it would better for us to change it in the corresponding line in the script and not to override the script with a new script.

Thanks in advance

15. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Yes there is a fix, I'll PM with the changes.

16. mende

mende

Thanks for the quick reply,I tried the fix and its working great again.Cool:)

We are using Unity 5 and are developing on Android/IOS and the UFE is working great after the small changes in UFE.cs .

There is just one little thing we are missing now, and thats the animation preview in the Move file.
    Do you have any news how to fix it?
    Thanks in advance
    Marcus

17. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Unfortunately, that's the very thing that is preventing us from moving ahead with the update :(. Unity changed how the animation preview works now, and we're currently able to get it working in UFE.

More info on that here: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1323#p1323.

18. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Demo will be available for PC 04/03/2015! MAC shortly after that :)

Yum-Cha-Games likes this.
  19. KMassop

KMassop

Nice work, I look forward to seeing this progress.

Do you have more information on the actual fight system? it reminds me of the "Guilty Gear" series when it comes to the combo possibilities.

20. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Thank you very much :),

I never really played Guilty Gear to be honest :p. I tried to make it similar to games like UMVC3 or the original Killer Instinct. you fight with a Light/Medium/Heavy/Launcher attack configuration. Each character has specific special moves and super/ultra attacks.

The special moves also have EX versions that require meter. These moves are pretty much faster/flashier/more damaging versions. I put these in to increase combo possibilities

On top of that I gave each character what I call a "Counter Move" which is kind of Opposite from their normal play style. These moves require meter just like the EX versions of the Special Moves

Like pan is a very rush/offensive character. So hes lacking in the defense department. I made it so he has a move that will counter a normal attack if it's timed right as you see in the video. Hook also has no Air game besides his reach so I gave him an air attack that will grab an opponent, toss them into the air and launch a projectile at them.

I can't wait for the next update because Wall bouncing is my personal favorite when it comes to combos and I think that will complete Immortal Fray's combat system, and I think networked multiplayer is a big seller for any kind of game period.

It's all super prototypy. Im trying to balance it all out but I think I'm ready to put out the demo just to see peoples reactions. In the meantime I'm getting up to speed on my C# skills so I can extend UFE and do more with it.

Sorry if I talk a lot I get excited when it comes to talk about fighting games or making games in general. Especially now that Im programming all the time. I used to just be an artist.

Yum-Cha-Games likes this.
  21. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

22. cloud0310

cloud0310

How did you add animated BG to your main menu?

23. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Hey cloud0310

I have the table and book objects in my scene tagged as MenuItems. In the Intro and CharacterSelection search for those objects and set their location and rotation to whatever I need. For the camera and book I created animations in unity and Im calling those as well in each script based off what screen im currently in.

When the game starts I just move them under the stage so the player cant see them lol

24. cloud0310

cloud0310

oh, so i have to do some script.. unfortunately.. i don't know any scripting..... i hope to see some change in next update...

25. Gunhi

Gunhi

any news for multiplayer feature? you could create an new Add-On for Photon. I will definitely buy it as extra.

26. Mistermind

Mistermind

We will have some big news related to that very soon ;)

27. uhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhh

Soon is scary with my project very close to finished! Any chance for a more specific timeframe than soon? It would be amazing to have multiplayer features available sooner and save myself from into implementing it.

Thanks!

28. Twrmois

Twrmois

Having a issue where a character i have recently made works fine in the Unity editor, but when i build the game, and choose him, he (the 3d model itself) does not appear at all(!) the other characters appear fine, and when i run in the unity editor he works fine, but in the standalone he does not appear. Any tips? I think this may be a Unity related issue, and not a UFE bug. Tried restarting unity, running as admin, etc, no luck.

29. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

My first guess is to look at the shader. Have you tried testing your character with a default shader?

To clarify, we'll have "news" related to networking in about a week. It's just news, but pretty big news I suppose.

30. Gunhi

Gunhi

Just CAN'T wait for that.

31. matteoromagnoli

matteoromagnoli

Hello! I clicked "buy" and I discovered that currently Unity5 is not officially supported... damn!!
    Since I really want to include this engine in a big research project... is there any idea on when the next version will be released?

32. Gunhi

Gunhi

33. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

As Gunhi said, the Unity 5 update will be ready soon.

Until then, if you have the Source version, you should be able to make it work with Unity 5 following the steps detailed in this thread.

34. Mistermind

Mistermind

Alrite guys, finally some good news for ya:
    As some of you know, we managed to fix all the Unity 5 issues, meaning UFE 1.6 is just around the corner.

The release date will be (hopefully) May 14th. I still have some more coding to do as well as update the documentation and list all the changes, but I believe it will be a smooth ride from here out.

Soon after release we will be announcing some great additions to the network functionalities including a brand new server side service for UFE with Photon technology. Stay tuned as more news develops!

xXTheZoneWalkerXx likes this.
  35. Gunhi

Gunhi

Sounds great. One more month could be a long long await.
    Any way, Please keep up your awesome work. I'm gonna buy the Source-Version for my real product and even the networking add-on.

36. Mistermind

Mistermind

Just a reminder: The Network addon will be included for free on UFE Bundle and the Fuzzy AI addon =)

37. Gunhi

Gunhi

so, UFE Bundle will be the best choice ^_^
    OK, I'm in :D

38. Twrmois

Twrmois

Can we see some videos beforehand? Mainly just of the current progress, cause I really can't wait and i want to see whats new in it.
    Also the server side service that was mentioned, do you mean like allowing things such as online matchmaking/private lobby creation, player stat tracking, etc?

39. matteoromagnoli

matteoromagnoli

Sorry for the silly question, if I buy the UFE Bundle... will the 1.6 update be free?

40. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Yes.

A video of the features is planned, yes. Hopefully I can get that out soon.

Twrmois likes this.
  41. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MoveSetScript.IsAnimationPlaying (System.String animationName, Single weight)
    MoveSetScript.IsAnimationPlaying (System.String animationName)
    MoveSetScript.PlayBasicMove (.BasicMoveInfo basicMove, System.String clipName, Single blendingTime, Boolean replay)
    MoveSetScript.PlayBasicMove (.BasicMoveInfo basicMove, System.String clipName, Boolean replay)
    MoveSetScript.PlayBasicMove (.BasicMoveInfo basicMove, System.String clipName)
    MoveSetScript.PlayBasicMove (.BasicMoveInfo basicMove)
    ControlsScript.DoFixedUpdate ()
    UFE.FixedUpdate ()

HitBoxesScript.UpdateRenderer ()
    HitBoxesScript.Start ()

MoveSetScript.ChangeMoveStances (CombatStances newStance)
    MoveSetScript.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(String)
    ControlsScript:Start()

Anybody have an idea what each of these errors indicate? I tried implementing the hit box auto rigging trick where there are two usable buttons and you can click on either of them.

42. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Null Reference Exceptions are missing references. Usually a missing Move file from your move list.

When does this error happen, is it during a specific attack?

43. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Come to think of it, I only implemented three moves into the game for one of my characters. It occurs during the start of the game when I play as him.

44. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Then just make sure you only have three slots and no empty ones in the move list. That should fix the errors...

It might help to go through the importing character tutorial as well. Just to make sure you're not skipping any steps :).

45. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Thank you. I'll try that.

46. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Hey, thank you for that. I managed to get it working after taking your advice, but I need to know how to have the whole character's body onto the stage, because my character displays half the body when not attacking or getting hit.

47. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hmm, sounds like an issue with the character's model/materials. Pause the game during one of those moments, then in the Hierarchy, drill down into the Game\Player\ objects. From the sounds of it, I assume your character models are comprised of multiple objects with their own materials? This would explain why body parts are sometimes missing. While paused, you should be able to see which object/material is the offender. You can even adjust the materials so suit then, but that won't be saved for next time. This might be something you'll need to fix in your 3D application.

If the above is not the case, then I'm not sure what it could be. A screenshot of the problem could help in troubleshooting though...

48. AnagramMC

AnagramMC

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to start by saying that I've been eying this package for quite a while and while I still haven't taking the plunge because of one thing. And that is non-native support for 2D animations, specifically sprite sheet based animations. I know this is probably not a major thing for most people, but my favourite fighting games are generally sprite based ones like the older Street Fighter games. And the game I am currently designing is with 2D animation in mind. I just wanted to know, is there any any timeframe on getting this feature in? Because once available, this will probably shoot to the top of my need to have assets.

49. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

2D sprite sheet animation support is on the cards, but it will be a little while away at this stage. Once 1.6 update is released, we should have some news on a timeframe for 2D sprite support too.

If you use cut-out / puppet style animation though, you can definitely use UFE with that. Have a look at this example.

50. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

So this is porobably a dumb question.

With the networking add on will be able to have online multiplayer inside of a webplayer build if it was on a site like kongregate or something? We just have to buy a server right?

Also, was wall bouncing implemented in 1.6?

love what you guys are doing btw just wanted to poke and ask some questions