Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. cloud0310

cloud0310

Is there anyway I can add trail motion to some moves? sword etc...

and i am still having issue with projectile.. it doesnt face other dir when i jump over from p1 to p2

2. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I recommend X Weapon Trail. It's free on the Asset Store. You will need to do some modding to make it fully compatible with UFE though.

Projectiles currently don't adhere to directions. UFE assumes you're using a direction independent projectile when it's cast. So try making your projectile create the trail in world space (i.e., it trails because of the movement, like a rocket smoke trail).

3. cloud0310

cloud0310

I just found another problem.. maybe bug.. when i change attack frame some moves become unblockable.....

4. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Can you be more specific to what exactly you're changing?

Making moves unblockable is definitely possible and is intended design for UFE.

5. hunter0310

hunter0310

active frame from move editor
    I fixed few moves with creating a new move files
    but some still have problem like it can block but just a frame before recovering this move become unblockable.

6. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Check your Blockable Area is both big enough (not radius of 0) and has active frames that overlap the hit active frames.

7. hunter0310

hunter0310

ok thanks i will try that

8. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

then How Can I set the Character FBX I have imported using the MIKE's animations and move sets? seems always have something wrong. Someone can detail it? thanks a lot~~~

9. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Have a look at the Importing Your Characters guide on the UFE forums. This details the process of getting your own characters into UFE.

To use Mike's moves, in Step 2 (Create Character Prefab and Assign Hitboxes), use Mike's Character File instead of creating your own. Then you can skip Step 3 and 4, since Mike's already in the game.

10. Twrmois

Twrmois

Thinking of starting to convert menus to something like NGUI or something. Should I start now or wait for the new update to release? Im not sure if that update will have Unity 4.6 GUI support, etc

11. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

The update that supports Unity 4.6 GUI is after the next one. I don't have a timeframe for that update just yet, but hopefully we'll have that information available soon.

Twrmois likes this.
  12. Hendrixlt

Hendrixlt

13. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Just posted these in the Fuzzy AI Thread.

Fuzzy AI Rundown:

AI Template Creation:

14. Mistermind

Mistermind

Here is an interesting video for those of you starting out:

Mayureshete likes this.
  15. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

R u still working on this kit to add more features, after big update, not hear anything further..

16. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Of course we're working on it. :)

Along with some bug fixes, the next features we'll be updating with are:
    • Unity 4.6 GUI compatibility
    • Story Mode
    • Networking
    Not sure if they'll all make it into the same update, but they'll be close together at least.

Upcoming major features (a bit further down the line):
    • 3D movement
    • Tag Team
    • Beat Em Up
    • 2D Sprite Support
    We can't give a date for these yet, but they will be much later.

You can always see this page for even more details on upcoming features.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  17. YLT Cole

YLT Cole

Does UFE support sprites? From everything I've seen it looks like it only works with 3d models.

18. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Yes, UFE will work better with 3D models as it requires bone transforms in order to assign the hitboxes.

However, if you are doing puppet-like graphics, you can uses the transforms of the sprites with similar effect. A thread on our forums has one user's results with this.

With that said, 2D Sprite Support is one of the things we're looking into. Seems I accidentally typed 2D Beat em up instead of 2D Sprite Support and Beat em up in my previous post. I've corrected that now :).

19. Twrmois

Twrmois

hey Yum Cha Games-

1. Do you know how the tag team is being done at the moment? (like are you aware on how its being coded?) a suggestion i had is a "rotation" based mode (similar to the online Team Battle mode in Super Street Fighter 4), or like the way that the M.U.G.E.N engine does it, which is

A. The player would choose the amount of fighters they want, and then pick them.
    B. The first fighter that each player chose would go at it.
    C. When, for example, player 1 dies, the 2nd character that they chose will be loaded in memory, then displayed on the screen to control, around the "wait" time that the enemy is KO'ed(I think Unity is fully capable of this, most likely just load its prefab, hitboxes, and UFE character settings quickly)
    D. Keeps going until the fight is over.

also 2. Any updates on the Networking/Story Mode update? I know it takes some time to make, but i just wanted to know, or if we could at least see a video of how far you guys have gotten (like when the AI update was announced, and weeks before MMind made a video on its progress, something like that)

20. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Story Mode is practically finished, so we might be able to get a video of that soon. It's on my list of videos to do anyway :).

Networking is pretty far too, probably almost as far as Story Mode. Again, it's on my list once it's ready.

Tag Team is still at the drawing board stage. Once we get all the other updates out of the way, we'll have a better idea on how to handle it. We're looking at all the methods other games are doing tag team (Marvel Vs, KOF etc) and trying to find a way to handle as many of those methods as possible.

Twrmois likes this.
  21. Twrmois

Twrmois

List of videos? what other videos are you adding?

22. cloud0310

cloud0310

is there any way to make characters like Juggernaut?

23. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

In order, probably Cinematics, Story Mode, Networking. There's a few others I'll put on my own channel. They won't be official UFE but will still be very helpful to many UFE users.

Of course, he's still just a character. The only potential issue with him would be his earthquake move. But with some clever particle prefabs, I think it's possible.

Was there anything specific you were stuck on?

Twrmois likes this.
  24. cloud0310

cloud0310

like physical body type, you need like 3 hits to stop him sort of thing...

25. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

talking about Networking will it work on mobile platforms and would it be configurable for WiFi or Bluetooth....?

26. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Yep, that's in Armor Options.

Sorry, I don't have the information to address the bluetooth question.

It should work on mobile platforms, but we haven't tested that yet.

27. cloud0310

cloud0310

Can I do this to idle stance ant while hes wallking as well??

28. Mistermind

Mistermind

With a few code tricks that might be possible, but currently that option is only available on the Move Editor.
    I'll add that to the upcoming features page.

29. Twrmois

Twrmois

With the experience that ive had with my other Unity titles, Wi-Fi should function as normal, similar to the computer (Bluetooth is a different story) Unity will also use mobile data if the phone has that currently enabled (E.g, if i disable my wifi, my 4G LTE comes on and Unity will use that.)

30. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I was talking about Mobile to Mobile through wifi

31. Mistermind

Mistermind

Another interesting video from the guys at Extra Credits:

This one touches very interesting points such as how to set your schedules and deadlines, as well as useful tips for those having a hard time knowing where to start.

PS: Video Preview of UFE 1.6 coming soon!

32. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Is it possible to implement a move that acts as a power up for a certain amount of time? Something that gives the player control while stats like (damage on hit) or movement speed are increased. I.E. Dante's devil trigger in UMVC3

I saw in the change log that characters will be able to change their textures during moves and the sticky particle option in the move editor can emulate some nice effects.

I am more of an artist than I am a programmer. I have novice level coding skills so the UFE tool is amazing for someone like me. Im currently saving up to purchase the bundle and upgrade my project.

This is the official page for my project using UFE:

http://www.zonewalkergames.com/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    Twrmois likes this.
  33. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Also, I will make sure to include the UFE logo animation in my upcoming trailers. I apologize for not representing this awesome tool in the first place. :D

34. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Nice, You make animations urself or you bought it from somewhere else...?

xXTheZoneWalkerXx likes this.
  35. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Thank you. If you're referring to my UFE project and not the youtube video in my previous post lol. Thats footage from Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

This is my project:
    Immortal Fray: The Rise of Cthulhu

I am responsible for all of the artwork/design/writing and animations in this project. I am using some of the fonts and particle prefabs that came with UFE. I would love help. Im trying to gain a following so that I can run a successful funding campaign. With funding I could hire an entire development team to help me finish and release the game!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Mistermind likes this.
  36. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

i was referring to ur project, well done.....

37. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Thank you sir, you are most kind

38. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

I apologize for the double post, I just want to make sure the developer saw my original question

Is it possible to implement a move that acts as a power up for a certain amount of time? Something that gives the player control while stats like (damage on hit) or movement speed are increased. I.E. Dante's devil trigger in UMVC3

I saw in the change log that characters will be able to change their textures during moves and the sticky particle option in the move editor can emulate some nice effects.

I notice that you can set a move to do a stance change. So when the new update comes out it will be easy to switch a characters texture and give that character a new move set with increased stats.

What I dont know is how to switch the stance back to default automatically after a certain amount of time/frames has passed.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  39. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Sorry, I missed this one.

Currently, it's not possible to create stat changes in moves or have stances switch according to a time delay. But with the Source version, it shouldn't be too hard to code up if you have some basic coding skills. Hit up the UFE forums up if you get stuck, I can provide more precise tips there.

Otherwise, I'll see if we can add them to upcoming features as well.

40. cloud0310

cloud0310

I made custum BG and characters keep falls down.
    how do i make ground collide?

41. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

You just need a ground collision plane centred at Vector.zero with its layer set to Ground.

Or copy the one from the Training Room prefab.

42. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Does this run at 60 fps? Also does the game run independant from deltatime? As in if the game slows down the animations and timing will too to match the framerate.

43. Mistermind

Mistermind

Yes, you can run at any frame rate you want. To adjust the default values go to Global Editor -> Advanced Options. The default value is 60 fps.
    You can also change the fps architecture of any move to a preferable frame rate as well. I recommend establishing the FPS at the beginning of the project to avoid backtracking.

UFE uses mostly Fixed Delta Time to synchronize events. It also uses a predictable update sequence so a networking structure can be built around it (which is an addon we are working on)

44. MrGky93

MrGky93

He i have a animation problem when i used my animation and use explame push button 2 for my animation this works good but only when my charater is on the left side and when my charakter is on the right side it use also my animation .
    But it dont hit something and the animation is in a little loop ???
    It this because my animation has 260total frames??

45. Twrmois

Twrmois

To answer your "hit something" question, you have to go to the Active Frames tab of the move, and make sure you add a move and set its hitbox on whatever joint(s) the attack hits from (for example, if im making a straight punch, i make hitboxes on the hand, forearm, and upper arm) then arrange the slider's frames to match what the animation shows (for example, if you have 260 frames in the animation, and the frame that the strike connects at you would have that and a bit of frames afterward be your hit frames, and recovery frames would be after that automatically and startup frames would be before this.) If that was too complicated for you, check out this tutorial by MMind.

46. MrGky93

MrGky93

hmm i dont now but i think the problem of my animation is when my charakter is on the left side he punch with his right hands and when i jump on the right side and punch my enemy its use the left hand ????
    And this one is the problem i dont now how to fix it??
    Must i use also the hit box for left and right side??
    In the explame charakter in ufe there are change the side and hands and this will works ??
    But in the active frames there is only the left hand ... not right hand??

EDIT:
    I found my problem it was the loop:confused: in my animation dont select loop time :) now it function ^^

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  47. Kazee

Kazee

Hi everybody,

Our team worked on a game named Meta Warrior since 6-8 months in Unity. We finally released a demo recently!

Meta Warrior is a thriller beat em up game that features Andrei, Cold War Veteran, who still fights within his dark past.

Main Features:
    • Explore how violence can lead to further consequences in the game with an intriguing storyline.
    • Encounter foes with animalistic and bizarre behaviors who will challenge your path.
    • Be aware of your surroundings which will follow you psychologically throughout your game experience.
    • Feel overpowered and heavy while constantly engaging your enemies with amazing abilities.
    • Enjoy mixing combos to different actions while getting used to our modern combat system

Story:

Andrei, a spetsnaz, got tortured mentally during Cold War. In Montreal (Real City), he wants to find the source of the psychic driving studies that made him schizophrenic.

In 20XX, he's searching for answers and for the day where he could finally find the source of his problems. Montreal is the main location where the experiments occurred and it was funded by the CIA in Canada.

It still grows within real city till this day. Andrei has no choice in his old age to fight anyone in his way while suffering from his symptoms.

He needs to find those who pursued and advanced the studies of Dr. D. E. Cameron.

Vision:

Inspired by so many references like Sin City, Akira and Double Dragon, we wanted to create a modern experience for the player while adding cinematographic elements and arcade style gameplay.

Concept Arts:

Controls:

We would like to thank the team behind UFE since we converted the plugin to suit more our beat'em up gameplay.
    Our workflow went tremendously better when we learned about Universal Fighting Engine.

Want to try out our demo? Controller Recommended!
    Check out our IndieDb Page: http://www.indiedb.com/games/meta-warrior

More information:
    https://twitter.com/metawarriorgame
    https://www.facebook.com/metawarriorgame

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  48. Twrmois

Twrmois

Quick Tip for others:
    Making a Taunt- the most basic way to make a Taunt that gives the user a bit of Super Meter can be done with the following-

1. Make a new move.
    2. Go to animation, add your "taunt" animation that you prefer.
    3. Go to Gauge/Meter options and choose how much meter you want to add when the user does it,
    4. In Input, put the command there that you want. Mines is Down-Down-Down and LP (Button 1) but you can choose any that you like, such as it being one button or just the "Start" button.
    5. Optionally, you can add some epic particles for the taunt in the Particle settings (such as making lightning appear after every taunt.
    6. Make sure you made No Hitboxes or attack frames on the move.
    7. Optionally, if you want the player to be able to dodge out of the taunt (SF 4, Killer Instinct Xbox One), go to the links tab and apply your back dash and forward dash move commands (if you have one)

Test ingame and then done.
    Does not need Source.

49. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

So asking for your guys' opinion. If you were to release a demo, would you focus on two really polished, balanced characters? Or as many decently polished characters that you are able to produce in a short amount of time. I'm limited in my time when it comes to developing because of life being so busy. I want to release a demo for everyone to play but making 4 characters ready is becoming a daunting task.

50. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

i think 2 really polished and atleast one best character of ur game, and u can show pics of rest of the character and tag them not included in demo, showing ur best in trailer or demo make audiences to come back for full release, thats what big movies does shows their best scenes in trailer ..... thats my opinion... ;)