Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. amrhsn

amrhsn

On Mac OSX: Click on the move file and Press "Command +D".
    On Windows: Click on the move file and Press "Ctrl + D".

2. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Also, just to clarify, there is no pasting afterwards. You only need to add the move into the Move Sets for the character. Selecting the Move file in the Project view brings it up in the Move Editor.

When you duplicate the Move file, in the new one don't forget to change the Name (and Description if you use that). It's a minor error that won't prevent the game from working, but it's usually best to have all unique move names within your move set.

3. Moglin

Moglin

Hi,@MMind
    I bought UFE1.5 source couple days ago, it worked fine in Unity3d.
    Then I export my project(with control freak) to Xcode 6. It's wired that I can't see any character in battle scene. However I can still control the character. When it jump, the camera also move up as expect.

Can you help me?

4. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Mobile support is currently limited. But the game should still build correctly.

Can you confirm building to OSX works as expected (are characters also not visible when you build to OSX)? Just to rule out the build platform being the problem...

5. Moglin

Moglin

Thanks for replying, @Yum Cha Games.
    I just test it on mac. Also, I can't see any character I made myself. But Legacy Mike by @MMind seems OK.
    I checked the assets store again, seems nowhere says no to mobile platform. If limited, there will be a disaster.
    My Unity is 4.5.0, is that possibly a reason?

6. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

The limitation is that Fuzzy AI doesn't work at the moment (and this is only to iOS, Android seems to be fine). We have already fixed that issue, but with the holiday period looming I'm not sure when we'll be able to get that packaged to the Asset Store. Otherwise, any UFE project will build fine to mobile.

On the missing characters issue, it sounds like something with either the character models import or configuration.

To confirm the models are OK, just place the imported model into a new scene and build that scene. If the character displays there, then the problem is likely the config; if it doesn't display even in this fresh scene then your import settings need to be looked at. Ref: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/HOWTO-importObject.html

If it's the configuration: please follow the Character Importing guide. This takes you through the whole process to get your character into the game, if you've missed a step from here that might be why yours isn't working.

7. cloud0310

cloud0310

I am thinking about buying this asset
    but I am not sure what FUZZY. A.I is and what is it for
    I know how to make charcaters in 3D and animate them.
    but i dont know anything about A.I.
    so this Fuzzy a.I suppose to help ppl who doesnt know anything about A.I or coding?

last question b4 i make my decision which one to buy.
    this bundle can do everything pro and source can do, right?

8. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

The bundle has Source + Fuzzy AI. So yes, it will do what Source (and of course Pro) can do.

Fuzzy AI is an AI add-on for UFE. It is designed to integrate tightly with UFE, so creating CPU opponents is much easier. You won't need to do any coding, as it's all GUI based using similar principles to editing Character and Move files in UFE. However, if you wish to extend Fuzzy AI (via coding), it is also open source so you can mod it to your liking too.

9. cloud0310

cloud0310

oh thank so with FUZZY A.I
    i dont have to worry about coding A.I.. it will pretty much do it for me, right?

10. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Yes. Fuzzy AI will handle the AI operations, so all you really need to do is use one (or more) of the existing templates or create your own.

The only coding you'd need to do is to set CPU in your single player modes. See this post I just made on the UFE forums that has some details about that. Minor coding required, but an example is already included in all versions of UFE.

11. cloud0310

cloud0310

thank you ^^ hope there are more tutorials for this awesome tool
    I must try ^^ btw I cant seem to register forum at ufe3d site

12. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Oh, that's odd. Are you getting an error?

13. Twrmois

Twrmois

Cant wait until the next update. Ill most likely buy the Networking addon with Fuzzy AI, the Random AI isnt really working for me.

14. cloud0310

cloud0310

yeah, I click register and it seems to failed to process to next step

15. Steviebops

Steviebops

Is UFE 1.5 working ok with Unity 4.6? I haven't updated Unity yet.

16. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Can you please PM me the email address you're using to register? I can look into it from the forum end.

Yes, it works perfectly.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  17. super-cypher

super-cypher

hi
    please can you tell me when will this be mobile ready? i read earlier it can be used on mobile as it is, but im asking when it will be perfect for mobile and the same for the fuzzy A.I?

also is there any news on the playmaker actions being done?

thanks

18. Mistermind

Mistermind

Hi there
    Mobile should work just fine. The only current limitation is iOS builds with Fuzzy AI. We already fixed that internally, but I decided to review a few more tweaks before I package this fix.
    The next update should come after the holidays.

19. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Hey MMind, Is it possible with the pro version of UFE to implement a weapon trail system? Ive tried using the sticky particle effect method in the move editors but it seems to behave weird in 3d space and its hard to get a decent result. I have a weapon trail system that works but I only want it to activate when a move is executed.

20. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Yes, but you would need to modify the base code (Source version) to handle your weapon system.

I've modified a project to use XWeaponTrail, and it works great. So let me know if you need any tips.

21. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of. Ok so I have the pro version of UFE. Do I have to purchase the source version for the full price? I bought it through the asset store. Also, after purchasing it, how would I upgrade my project from pro to source without losing all of my work?

22. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Please PM me your invoice. I will look into some options for you. Since it is the holiday period, please be aware that there might be some delays.

23. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Ok no worries I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. Im actually very happy with the speed that the developers of this tool work at.

24. Twrmois

Twrmois

Does anyone know how I can add ambient sound into a stage? I tried dragging a sound file into a open prefab (stage) and it appeared to be inside the stage, but after saving and going to test I did not hear the sound. I made a stage that had rain and I wanted the sound of rain to be in the stage as well as the music.

25. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Having Audio Sources in your stage should work. Just make sure it's actually playing and that it has a large enough range to be detected by the Audio Listener.

26. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Okay, I have been very patient in hoping that someone would respond to my issue, so I'll post it again:

The error is

NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/EditorGenerated/UnityEngineTransform.cs:28)
    HitBoxesScript.testCollision (.HitBox[] opHitBoxes)
    ControlsScript.FixedUpdate ()

Is there anyone that knows the issue at hand preventing me from testing my game?

27. Twrmois

Twrmois

ill try it sometime today, thanks.

What version of Unity are you using? Also is this source or pro version?

28. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Sorry, I must have missed your post.

When does this error occur? At the start of the round (before you can perform inputs), or during the game and maybe during a specific input?

Looking at the error though, my suspicion is that your hitboxes are not set up correctly. Maybe you're missing a bodypart, or you have one doubled up? Check through your hitboxes and let me know if they're OK.

I also recommend doing this mod as it prevents these sorts of errors occurring (not to mention how much time it saves too).

29. Hardik

Hardik

Hi MMind,
    your Framework is superb,
    and i am interested in purchase.but before purchase i have few query,
    UFE support weapons system, i.e. character can fight with weapon?,
    is it possible to pickup and throw the weapon?,
    is it possible to use special weapons at fighting time?
    is it possible to add fatality and brutality like we see in Mortal Kombat game?

i want to create game like shadow fight 2. Is it possible to create using UFE ?

30. cloud0310

cloud0310

31. cloud0310

cloud0310

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HitBoxesScript.UpdateRenderer () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs:439)
    HitBoxesScript.Start () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs:101)

what is this error msg mean????

32. cloud0310

cloud0310

and this..

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MoveSetScript.SetMecanimMirror (Boolean toggle) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveSetScript.cs:573)
    ControlsScript.ForceMirror (Boolean toggle) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:174)
    ControlsScript.testCharacterRotation (Single rotationSpeed, Boolean forceMirror) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:190)
    ControlsScript.Start () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:148)

33. Twrmois

Twrmois

Well, got alot of time on my hands during winter break, hey MMind you think the new update will be ready this/next week? Really want to try out the networking/story mode

34. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Sorry, I don't think any updates will be happening this week. Hopefully soon in the new year, when everyone (including Unity!) are back from break.

@cloud0310: Check your PMs here, I'm looking into the forum registration issues for you.

Regarding the errors, have you updated to version 1.5?

Twrmois likes this.
  35. cloud0310

cloud0310

yes, I have. I think there is something wrong with my animation
    it moves like a block without animation but as soon as i add idle stance or any other it just won't work anymore

i have no clue
    something wrong with naming it or... have i missed any step (i am using fbx) etc

36. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I assume you're using your own animations (not the ones that come with UFE). Try substituting any animations you suspect are a problem with UFE ones. If your error goes away, it would mean your animation clips are a problem.

If your animation clips are a problem, try looking at the import settings for the FBX. I've seen similar errors when the Transform Rotation (Y) isn't right, so try changing settings in there.

37. Twrmois

Twrmois

aw :( , well thanks for the info!

38. cloud0310

cloud0310

i am go
    i forgot to change animation type to legacy..
    i am doing it over it seems fine now

39. cloud0310

cloud0310

Where can I find option for pause on hit??
    and i am struggling with making move like Benimaru's lightning fist.

40. Twrmois

Twrmois

How can I make it where the round/match does not lock the player controls until the opponent fully hits the ground? For example, in the Killer Instinct game for Xbox One the player can continue doing combos after the opponent life bar is fully gone, and the player can keep attacking until they "drop" the combo or the combo ends, then the player cant move or attack and it says winner. When i try this in UFE, my controls just stop after 3 seconds but i want it to not stop until i drop a combo. Any help?

41. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Global Options | Hit Effects, freezing time value.

Either make the lighting ball a projectile with a speed of 0 (you may need to modify MoveEditorWindow.cs to allow for 0 speed as I think the lowest is 1 by default), or make it a non-projectile hit but add the lightning ball effect as a particle effect to the move. Both methods are equally valid.

By default, UFE currently only allows movement before battle via Round Options. If you have Source, you could mod the function in. It's a little bit of work though, so post over on the UFE forums if you get stuck.

42. Twrmois

Twrmois

Oh ok, i only have Pro, but thanks for the info

43. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

This looks extremely useful, watching for future purchase list!

44. Twrmois

Twrmois

Alternately, you can wait till the engine goes on sale, that's what I did and I got Pro version for only $99

Gekigengar likes this.
  45. super-cypher

super-cypher

Hey Yum Cha Games/ Mmind, i hope you can see your way to doing a sale soon. Maybe a holiday sale now? ive noticed some other devs doing this - flying teapot is if anyone needs some really cool effects, they got 50% off and UFPS among others. If you do 'please' put the UFE bundle in it. That needs some 5* ratings anyway, and ill be the first to rate it and a cool review.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  46. Twrmois

Twrmois

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

So i made lifebars where the end is kinda slanted ( look at p1 side) but on p2 side the bars dont look right, after taking some damage i noticed that the outline bar seems to be organized correctly but the fill bar does not appear right, like it is reversed or something.Is there a way i can fix this

47. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hi super-cypher. I'll let MMind post more details on this. But I don't think there's much chance of a sale this holiday period.

Are you using Unity 4.6 GUI, legacy GUI or another method for drawing the life bars?

If using Legacy, have a look at the DrawBar() function in GUIScript.cs file. This shows how the 2P bar is handled (basically invert the x size).

If using Unity 4.6 GUI, you can set the progress bar to be right to left (instead of left to right).

Twrmois likes this.
  48. Twrmois

Twrmois

ill try that legacy option. Currently im still on Unity 4.5.5, i use 4.6 for my FPS game, ill update my UFE project to 4.6 when the next update comes out.

49. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Thanks bro,

I will definitely purchase this when its on sale!

One of the best assets I ever see x)

Twrmois likes this.
  50. Twrmois

Twrmois

look a UFE outfit hehe, got bored and the idea came to mind

Attached Files:

• ufe.PNG
      ufe.PNG
      File size:
      113.1 KB
      Views:
    Yum-Cha-Games likes this.