Search Unity

[DEPRECATED] UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle sim on Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by newlife, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newlife

newlife

Hello edcc this is a very good news. I wrote you a pm.

2. edcc

edcc

I already reply to your email, please check the E-mail attachments

3. saruul34

saruul34

Could you share by dropbox?

4. newlife

newlife

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  5. Loganmaire

Loganmaire

newlife, what fixed timestep are you using in Real Drift?

6. newlife

newlife

We use standard 0.02 fixed time step, altough it works well with time step up to 0.04.
    We choose to use 0.02 cause at high speed even with 0.02 it may happen that the car go through wall.

7. Loganmaire

Loganmaire

Thanks newlife. You're a true legend!

8. GaridBSA

GaridBSA

This is the best Car physics as far as i know. And 1 thing i cannot set up. The track physics material. For example how do i set up mud.

9. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I am sorry but did not read the whole thread.
    I read the name unitycar 2.2 pro but can not find a 2.2 version.
    In the asset store it says 2.1 since dec. 17th and i only can download that same version from your server.
    Also what will happen to unitycar after Unity 5?
    Any info´s or help?

10. Loganmaire

Loganmaire

Newlife, are you using a different skidmarks script on Real Drift? I'm getting a lot of lag when skidmarks are enabled on mobile devices using unitycar2.2. The profiler is reporting garbage collection (GC.Collect) on the skidmarks script when the lag happens.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  11. DingusAUS

DingusAUS

Could someone please confirm for me unitycars incompatibility with terrain physics materials. It worked for me prior to unity 4.2. There was a change to terrain physics.
    e.g going from an objects physics (track) to terrains physics (offroad) yields no change to tyres grip simulation. Having no luck from Unitycars email address.

12. simcovr

simcovr

In order to work with different materials you have to change the way the scripts look at them. At this moment when you ask to compare from a sharedMaterial with the material you put in the inspector they seems different.

I changed that part with a string name comparision removing the " (Instance)" part of the name.

Hope this will help

13. simcovr

simcovr

For everyboday has the "material" issue here is my fix:
    Edit the wheel.cs script:

At this point (around line 611):
    Code (csharp):
    1. for (i=0; i<cardynamics.physicMaterials.Length;i++){
    2.       if (cardynamics.physicMaterials[i].physicMaterial==physicMaterial) {k=i;break;}
    3. }
    Edit with this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. for (i=0; i<cardynamics.physicMaterials.Length;i++){
    2.       if (cardynamics.physicMaterials[i].physicMaterial.name==physicMaterial.name.Replace (" (Instance)","")) {k=i;break;}
    3. }
    I think there is a bug in Unity that doesn't point the right material when you use sharedMaterial.

I hope this help also the plugin author.

14. DingusAUS

DingusAUS

Thanks will try as soon as i can

15. DingusAUS

DingusAUS

16. newlife

newlife

We made some slight modification to skidmarks class in order to improve performance.
    Btw, we are using the new Unity particle system in Real Drift.

Loganmaire likes this.
  17. newlife

newlife

Which Unity version are you using? I just made a test with UnityCar 2.2 with Unity 4.5.5 and everything works like it should.

18. 1982

I am also here with the surface physics material problem. I tried the fix "simcovr" suggested but it did not do anything. Latest Unity version in use. Hopefully we can find a solution for this.

19. DingusAUS

DingusAUS

I have received acknowledgement from newlife, he is now aware of the problem. He is currently very busy with real drift, but said he will take a look.

20. JuhaFH

JuhaFH

FFB Prob. When i drive in editor, ffb works fine and is strong. But when i try it in Build, all power has gone.
    In output_log it gives error:
    "Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Me/Desktop/G27_64/Track_Data/Mono/.\libC:/Users/Me/Desktop/G27_64/Track_Data/Plugins/UnityForceFeedback.dll"
    Where that UnityForceFeedback.dll should be? now its in Assets/Plugins folder, and dont work.

Win7-64

21. HungHuu82

HungHuu82

Hello Newlife,
    Unitycar was awesome plugin! ;) I just have only question about "engine can stall" function, as far as i know, when it checked, engine can stall like a real car. However, can you please explain for me how it work? Below are my setting:
    Max Power RPM 6000
    Max Torque 320
    Max torque RPM 3000
    Min Rpm 1000
    Max RPM 6700
    Gear Ratios
    Size 6
    Element 0 -2.66
    1st: 4.8
    R: -4.8
    2nd: 2.6
    3rd: 1.91
    4th: 1.5
    5th: 1.2
    6th: 0.8
    final drive ratio 3.5
    So, my question is:
    is that possible to adjust these numbers (or with code) for somehow when my car in 4th gear, and if speed under 10 km/h, w/o clucth and engine will stall? (Same with 5th gear, if i want engine stall when speed under 15km/h?) Thanks so much!
    P/s sorry for my bad English.

22. Freznosis

Freznosis

In the demos it seems like 1.2 it's easier to drift and keep the car on the road but in 2.1 the car will spin out too easily and rebound very fast and unrealistically. I'd like to know if this is a problem with in the car settings or if this is a physics problem.

23. Wolfs0ng

Wolfs0ng

Hello, can u help me with my drifting game. How i can check when car drifts with ur engine ?
    thx u.

24. Sondre-S

Sondre-S

I use version 2.1, and I can't get the starter engine to work on the car I'm making...

Another Edit: Okay, so I found out that I had set a max torque that was less than max hp(guess that was wrong), I also found that if I set max torque rpm too high, it seems UnityCar computes a torque curve that makes the engine stall in neutral. Do I have to make a custom torque curve to avoid this? I'm trying to make a high revving engine with lots of power at the end,(Hondas Vtec engines) , But I need max torque RPM to be 7000(it stalls if I set this to something higher than 5000.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  25. carking1996

carking1996

Question. Is this going to be upgraded to be used in Unity5? I just bought it and would be interested to know.

Edit: Is there a way to stop the gas from cutting out when steering?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  26. carking1996

carking1996

Just to post an update. It works perfect in Unity 5!

27. kleinfb

kleinfb

I am trying to check out the wiki, but I think I am having problems... I actually cannot see anything in there... is that just me?

28. newlife

newlife

Most probably you have to uncheck autoclutch and automatic transmission.

29. newlife

newlife

if you mean the UnityCar 1.2 drifting demo youtube video, keep in mind that in that video car is driven (using the mouse) by an experienced drifter (in simulation and real world). UnityCar 2.2 behave in the same way, if not more realistically.

30. newlife

newlife

You can obtain much more precise results using an external torque curve file (a set of couple of rpm and torque value).

31. newlife

newlife

Thank you for your statement.
    Btw, it seems that Unity 5 final (not beta version) messes up with some of the included demo cars. I already prepared a Unity 5 project for those who may face this strange issue.

32. newlife

newlife

The wiki is lost due to an crash of the server. You can download the pdf version of the wiki here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7vq7oz7xvo0k16/UnityCar wiki.rar?dl=0

33. Sondre-S

Sondre-S

Yes I read that in the wiki, but that feature is not avalible in version 2.1 right? Question: I bought Unitycar through asset store, can I still update for free? (by sending you the billing info?)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  34. Meltdown

Meltdown

Is this still being actively developed? If so how do I get the Unity 5 compatible package.

I bought it 2 years ago UnityCar 2.0. My email was greg@meltdown.co.za, but now I've got a new email.

35. djdolber

djdolber

Hello! This pack looks awesome! Some questions:

1. Is it active? last version from Dec, 2012.
    2. Does it have 3D tires? (saw them in a video on youtube and want them!)
    3. Does it work in latest Unity 4.x?
    4. Does it work in Unity 5?
    5. Will the 3D tires/deformation feature come?

Thanks in advance!

36. CoderPro

CoderPro

No, it not maintain now. It was closed. Don't wait this !

37. newlife

newlife

1) Yep is active, altough im working on other projects (UnityCar based btw) that slowed down the released of updates.
    2) Yes, it has been disabled due incompatibility with tire pressure calculation. You just need to decomment a line in wheel.cs in order to enable 3D tires.
    3) Yes.
    4) Yes (it seems that some included demo cars are messed up in Unity 5 final. Its weird cause this doesn't happen in Unity 5 beta).
    5) Dont know, cause its not easy (tried it a lot) and im not into 3D model modification. Im searching for an external help for this.

38. Meltdown

Meltdown

Ok thanks, how about answering my question? Or can you just give me a refund.

39. newlife

newlife

are you kidding? Are you really asking a refund for something you bought 2 years ago?

40. Meltdown

Meltdown

No I'm asking for support and a response to something I bought 2 years ago.

I haven't received any updates in 2 years (I only changed email addresses a few months ago).

So how do I go about getting the package again?

My previous emails have been ignored.

cl9-2 likes this.
  41. cl9-2

cl9-2

The reason for this is because the author of UnityCar is primarily focused on developing his own mobile games rather than supporting his paying customers. His disinterest in supporting UnityCar customers prevents him from updating the Wiki or responding to e-mails. Also keep in mind that he plans to abandon Unity Car in favor of his more expensive package, "UnityCar Enterprise".

Meltdown likes this.
  42. Meltdown

Meltdown

Well if he expects his existing customers to upgrade with this kind of attitude, he's going to lose a lot of business.

I certainly won't be one of these new customers.

43. Indians

Indians

Dear Friends, i need help with enabling 3d tires in latest version of this beatyful package!!!
    Michele says:
    Can anyone write here what specifically i need to do to enable this feature.
    which lines i shoud delete and I think that it's not all.

44. djdolber

djdolber

From what I understood, you need to set tire pressure to 0, and then uncomment one line of code in Wheel.cs, I'm assuming that one line is something obvious like enable3dTire = true; (I havent checked it out myself yet.)

45. Indians

Indians

there is nothing about 3d tyre

46. newlife

newlife

I searched for your email greg@meltdown.co.za and i didnt find any unresponded email. If you need update or support (and keep in mind that you are asking for update after three years, not two: you bought on 8 Sep 2012) please contact me via email or skype, here on the forum your post may happen to slip.

47. newlife

newlife

Please contact me via email or skype for any support related questions.

48. saruul34

saruul34

Hi,
    I have migrated my project to Unity 5. When a game starts, it gets error message

"Inertia tensor must be larger then zero in all coordinates.
    UnityEngine.Rigidbody:set_inertiaTensor(Vector3)
    CarDynamics:Start() (at Assets/UnityCarScripts/CarDynamics.cs:165)".

( body.inertiaTensor *= inertiaFactor; )

Does any1 encounter this problem?

49. carking1996

carking1996

I have not.

50. newlife

newlife

It seems that inertiaFactor is 0. Change its value in cardynamics inspector.
    If it roll back to 0 in run time, most probably this is due to an error in the configuration file. Try to disable configuration file loading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.