Search Unity

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Dialogue System for Unity v1.2.3 is now on the Asset Store. It includes uSequencer support that makes it very easy to run uSequencer cutscenes during interactive branching conversations and barks. If you're using an older version of the Dialogue System, please look over the Release Notes and update your copy. A lot of great new features have been added!

2. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Hi.

I have tried doing that but my object keep resetting to position 0, 0, 0.
    Is there may be another way to make my objects stay at their positions?

Edit:

Ok, I have figured it out, after adding object path timeline you only need to position you object to the right place and then hit play and stop in usequencer and the object will stay in place.

Also wanted to report small bug.

In property timeline, when you have the curve for example from 0 sec. to 20 sec. and your total duration time is for example 30 sec. when you right click add key, the curve stretches to the end of the duration.
    The workaround for this is to deselect and then select again the property that you was animating and the curve will return to their position and the vertex will be at the place where you placed it.

This does not happen if you have the curve of the full length of the total duration.

I have recorded a little video to show the bug.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=898D7DAD25944C77!2267&authkey=!AOfynBsA0R3QG9A&ithint=video%2c.avi

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  3. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thanks for reporting this issue! We have fixed it and it will be released in the next version!

I'm also glad you managed to resolve your issue ! :D

Regards,
    Terry.

4. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

5. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We've made a quick tool that will create a single wav file from a certain sequence. This can be useful if you're using uSequencer recording functionality but you don't have time to re-create your audio set-up in a video editing package, this tool will be part of the recording process within uSequencer in the future, but for now, you can all have access to it as an extension.

Download the package here.

You're audio must be set to Decompress On Load for this tool to work.

Regards,
    Terry

6. Ziboo

Ziboo

Hi,

I tested Usequencer. It's a great tool, but I have some comments about the workflow:

- Is there a way to keep to timeline extanded (not collapse) when you hit play or when you open a sequence.
    It's a pain to always have to extand all timelines

- Is there a way to zoom on the curves ?

- The show only animated button doesn't work ...

I'm doing very short sequences (15-20 sec) but need to be very precise on a lot of objects

Thanks

7. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

Glad you're enjoying uSequencer so far!

- Is there a way to keep to timeline extanded (not collapse) when you hit play or when you open a sequence.
    It's a pain to always have to extand all timelines
    Not just now, though we intend to add this functionality :(

- Is there a way to zoom on the curves ?
    Use the scroll wheel whilst your mouse is resting over the scrub bar :)

- The show only animated button doesn't work ...
    You are indeed correct, it currently only works on a very small number of things, We will expand upon this in the next release. :(

Hope this is helpful, you can find much more useful documentation on our uSequencer website, you might also find this section on Hotkeys interesting.

Regards,
    Terry

8. Ziboo

Ziboo

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I tried the scrollwheel but not on the timeline ... ^^

Do you have any release date for the 1st issue, it's the most painfull right now.
    I think that the Built-In Animation timeline in Unity works pretty well.. and the dope sheet will be awesome too

9. kilik128

kilik128

hi last time i have try use Usequencer i'am very motived by the possibility offert by this tool
    but if i remember it's not possible to run more one sequence preview in editor no ?
    i will retry soon for new projet

10. gurayg

gurayg

Hello,

Do you have any plans to add features for rendering out alpha,depth,normal passes in addition to normal RGB image sequences?

Thanks.

11. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

That will be something we get in the next release, we have a build pending submission at the moment, unfortunately it won't make it into that one.

Regards,
    Terry

12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We don't at the moment, we're concentrating on other areas, is this something that would be useful for you? Out of curiosity, what would you do with such functionality?

Regards,
    Terry

13. gurayg

gurayg

It would be nice to have in case you're going for post-production with your rendered sequences.

-Normals pass is used for re-lighting your images;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMGntSDvZUE

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, you can go to 03:00. Before that, he renders a normals pass and builds up his composition in blender.

-Depth pass is for post depth of field effect.

Normalized depth pass is used for generating a matte and blurring that portion of the image.

-World position makes it easy to produce a matte of any position in 3D from your rendered image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Q4RHJz230

He uses Autodesk Flame/Smoke in this video but it applies to other software as well.

-Motion vector pass is for post motion blur.

I can understand if that is too much work. But if there is an easy way to render everything on the view with an override material (scene material) then this would be easy. We just prepare our own shaders and replace the scene override material and render that out.

By the way, Is there any way to get an 16bit per channel image (.exr) out of Unity?

Thanks,

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  14. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.3.6.3 has been submitted to the Asset Store and the free version is available right now, for free, right here : http://www.wellfired.com/usequencer.html.

Version 1.3.6.3 includes some project clean up ability, removing the need to think about old files in your project when using prefabs with uSequencer as well as adding support manipulating multiple keyframes on a single curve on a property (Auto adding keys to only X on an Vector3 for instance), as well as building upon our frameworks and laying the foundations for Animation Timelines and the ability to export your audio alongside your video when recording a sequence

New Features in 1.3.6.3
    - We now cleanup unused files when you Update a prefab - No More Project Clutter.
    - Added a Set Affected Object to selection option within the uSequencer window. (This works through context clicking)
    - Added the ability for the manipulation of single curves, you can now, for instance edit the X,Y,Z Curve of a Vector3 independantly, when the other curves are hidden we no longer add keyframes to those curves.
    - Hide Duration on events that don't need to display duration, this is to avoid confusion. If you want this functionality for your own custom events, add the following attribute [USequencerEventHideDuration()]
    - Added a tool to combine Audio Events into a single Wav File.
    - Put in place a Framework for Animation Timelines.
    - Allow for the Undo / Redo Handles in the scene view handles with curve properties.

Bug Fixes in 1.3.6.3
    - Sometimes the free skin would be shown in place of the pro skin and vice versa.
    - When an Affected Object is no longer in the scene, we will inform the user in the UI. This is no longer a breaking change.
    - Adding a keyframe would sometimes break the XScale of your curves in uSequencer.
    - Curves would sometimes appear to be missing, however the timeline would still play back.
    - Renamed the MouseLook.cs class so that Unity's built in script still works.
    - Renamed the USTimeScaleEvent.cs file to match the class name. This allows unity to serialize data correctly.

Regards,
    Terry

15. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey everyone,

We're ready to roll out our uSequencer with Mecanim closed Beta, if anyone would like to test out uSequencer with Animation Timelines + Mecanim integration (including full Mecanim state scrubbing), please email us with a copy of your receipt at support@wellfired.com.

Regards,
    Terry

16. toto2003

toto2003

hi terry
    i test the latest usequencer, i strugle the whole day to find out why the camera switch is half broken , sometime it switch sometime it s not, really weird as previous version i didt got such pb, i have several camera in my scenes i just exlude my UI cam from the observer, but when i scroll the timeline it happen that it switch only from time to time, really weird. i ll had to wirite myself my own script but would be nice if u could look into this bug, i recreate the same issue with the observer scene exemple.

cheers

17. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

Apologies about this problem :) Are you having issues with Observer Keyframes, or Toggle Object Events. Also, are there any errors in the debug console?

Regards,
    Terry

18. toto2003

toto2003

hi terry, yes it is with Observer Keyframes, you can reproduce that bug adding a new cam , add it to the unity layer, wich i call UI, exlude the layer it from the observer , scroll back and forth, work fine when switching cams as i have 5 different cam, save and close unity reopen the save scene select the sequence and ty to scroll back and forth, here come the issue , sometime it works sometime not... no error on the console.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  19. toto2003

toto2003

also the make unique sequence didnt work on the observer timeline cam as well, try to make unique sequence, change the cam on some keys timeline observer it still affect the other sequences.

20. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thanks toto, I will investigate this A.S.A.P. write me a quick email to support@wellfired.com and I'll send you over a build. :)

Regards,
    Terry

21. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you all know that uSequencer V 1.3.6.4 has been submitted to the Asset Store and the free version is available right now, for free, right here : http://www.wellfired.com/usequencer.html.

Version 1.3.6.4 provides usability enhancements, the main one being you can now set the property timeline to extract the first keyframe data from the object live, meaning you can animate from the objects current value, rather than having to know up front, what that value will be. It's easy to use, simple context click and select Use Current Value, your initial keyframe will go red, as seen in this image.

$Use Current Value.png

New Features in 1.3.6.4
    - Now you can animate properties from their existing values, rather than defined values, to activate this, context click on the property in the hierarchy pane and select Use Current Value. Current value keyframes will show up as red when not selected.
    - We've added quick selection to the UI for uSequencer (Thanks to for the pointer Jean-François Pérusse).
    - New quiet flag when Building sequences with the USEditorUtility.CreatePrefabFrom method, you can use this if you want to create tools to integrate with uSequencer.
    - Added an IsComplete Property to sequences.
    - Added two utility methods on USSequencer objects USSequencer.HasTimelineContainerFor and USSequencer.GetTimelineContainerFor

Bug Fixes in 1.3.6.4
    - Fixed a bug where the bounds wouldn't be updated when adding keyframes.

Regards,
    Terry

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  22. argosy_ops

argosy_ops

Hi there!
    We're currently evaluating USequencer for our current project and Mecanim is exactly the spot that felt a little unconvenient when working through events. For instance, we wanted to move a character from point A to B and have specific animations playing along. First of all, we couldn't quite ease / blend the animations or synchronize them properly. Could you give us more details or a screenshot of the editor / functionality? Would love to try it, but haven't purchased yet due to our ongoing evaluation.

23. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello! :)

For anyone else in the same boat, using uSequencer Free and wanting to try the Mecanim Beta, don't worry about it. Send us an email (support@wellfired.com) and we'll send you a free version (it's full featured) with Mecanim beta.

As for an overview of what you can expect:
    1) Full State Based playback on a completely separate timeline.
    2) Full scrubbing support, with integrated, automated blending.
    3) Works in conjunction with all existing timelines (Event, Path, Observer, Property).
    4) (The best bit) Supports Root Motion.

Here's a little sample video of me working in the editor, creating and aligning two animation clips, with root motion and a blend in the middle. You can see the Anim Graph in the Animator window to the left (for reference). You can see the first blend looks a bit pants, so I alter it slightly for a live preview.

(Watch it in HD)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jbwVMbJ80Y

I hope your evaluation is going well and, if you need anything, don't hesitate to get in touch! :)

Regards,
    Terry

24. argosy_ops

argosy_ops

Ohhh that looks like it's exactly what we're searching for! We've tried triggering the animations through the game code so far, i.e. when moving the character through world space, the variable "speed" would trigger the respective walkcycle animation, which however is not synchronized with the movement speed of the object. I like the fact that you address the blend states directly and not through the float/boolean or trigger inputs.

Considering that Mecanim is getting BlendShape support (not sure if it's in 4.5 already), that could also be very interesting to set up facial animations. Wonder if it's possible to add multiple animation timelines for additive blending?

Anyways, expect an e-mail! Need to try this :)

25. schmosef

schmosef

I'm going to try to spend some time with your free version over the weekend.

I have one question: How is your support for the Windows Store and Windows Phone platforms?

I know that Unity has some limitations with the animation system on these platforms and I wanted to know if those issues impact your asset and/or if you have a work around.

Sorry if this has been ask/answered already. I searched the forums and could not find a relevant answer.

26. kurogane227

kurogane227

Hey guys, sorry I have a question that was literally answered on the previous page. I'm trying to zoom in on my scrub pane, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have the Scrub Pane selected, then scroll in with my mouse wheel. It isn't reacting at all. It says in my documentation that you can zoom in here also. Any steps that I'm forgetting?

For reference, I am using the latest paid version.

Edit:

Turns out my zoom strength was set to 0 in my general preferences. Derp.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  27. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Josef,

Thanks very much for your question.

We fully support all mobile platforms including Win Phone and Win Mobile. We've recently uploaded a new version of uSequencer that allows it to comply with new WACK (Windows App Cert Kit) tests.

Feel free to try out our free version, if you're about using uSequencer, it is fully featured and does allow you to export and ship you game with the free version. (There is a watermark), but you should be able to get a good feel for if uSequencer is the right product for you.

Regards,
    Terry

28. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

For some reason, I didn't get a notification for this post or I'd have responded sooner. Glad you sorted it out :)

Terry

29. trasher258

trasher258

Hey, I been trying out uSequencer to see if it does what it needs to do and I'm abit confused on how prefabs work. Yes, I read the documentation but its not acting the way its shown to be.

What I did was create a simple sequence consisting of two cameras moving around and clicked on create prefab. I then deleted said prefab in the scene and dropped in the newly created one from the project panel. When I did so and clicked on it, I get this error:

NullReferenceException : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    WellFired.USTimelineContainer.get_AffectedObject ().

It won't let me reassociate anything because the sequence doesn't even load in the uSequencer tab.

I'm trying to get it where all the needed cameras for the cutscene are saved in a prefab and the sequence is saved as a seperate prefab. That way, I could instantiate them, play the sequence, and then destroy them once I'm done with them. I did try putting the cameras under a gameobject inside the sequence hierarchy and saved it all as a prefab but that just causes uSequencer to hang the next time it attempts to load it up.

I really don't want to leave things in the scene if I don't have to but uSequencer is making this difficult. Am I fighting an uphill battle here?

30. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Trasher,

Apologies about the late reply, every since the forum switch, I don't seem to be getting notifications about posts anymore. Are you using the latest free version of uSequencer, or the latest paid version.

The process you're describing should work perfectly fine, you shouldn't need to leave anything in the scene, it would be great if you could paste a full callstack here for me.

Regards,
    Terry

31. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Hi,

Is it possible to use the custom timelines on the free version? Also, is there any more information regarding those?

I'd be interested in using the timeline editor window but I'd need to customize it heavily so it sounds perfect. However, with the free version I can't see what's possible or not.

32. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

Absolutely you can!

You can find all uSequencer code documentation over on our documentation page : http://www.wellfired.com/documentation/usequencer/html/index.html

We also have a simple step by step, for creating custom timelines (with visualisations) : http://www.wellfired.com/documentation/usequencer/html/index.html#custom_timelines

As the documentation states, you can find in depth coverage of the Timeline class here :
    http://www.wellfired.com/documentation/usequencer/html/class_well_fired_1_1_u_s_timeline_base.html

I hope that is helpful ! :)

Ask away, if you have any questions.

33. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

34. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey,

You're simply missing the namespace required for those classes, you could add the following

Code (csharp):
    2. using WellFired;
    or, you can prefix the namespace on every class you use.

Code (csharp):
    2. WellFired.USEventBase
    Here's some information on C# namespaces : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z2kcy19k.aspx

Regards,
    Terry

35. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

You're right. I thought your classes weren't inside a namespace as most people (wrongly) don't do that.

You should update your tutorial to reflect that.

36. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thanks for the input! I hope you have a good time with the custom timelines. :)

37. trasher258

trasher258

Apologies for not having one to give you at the moment, had to remake said test sequence from scratch and prefer not having it blow up again. Probably will duplicate it just to be safe.

I noticed in some of your tutorial videos that there is a Observed Objects property that gets filled when you assign objects to the sequence. That isn't happening on my end with the latest paid version so I'm not sure that has anything to do with my prefab issue... is it suppose to be doing that?

38. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello Trasher,

It's fine that the Observed Objects doesn't get filled up on your end, I wouldn't worry about that.

One word of caution is that if you're duplicating the sequence, be sure to duplicate the sequence with the duplicate sequence button inside the uSequencer Window.

Regards,
    Terry

39. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

hey ArtOfSetting, I'm using uSequencer with Unity 4.5.1 and so far so good, except every now and then after a script recompile I get spam in the console displaying this message :

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WellFired.ObjectPathEditor.OnCollapsedGUI ()
    WellFired.USObjectPathTimelineHierarchyItem.DoGUI (Int32 depth)
    WellFired.USHierarchy.DrawHierarchyItem (WellFired.IUSHierarchyItem item, Int32 level)
    WellFired.USHierarchy.DrawHierarchyItem (WellFired.IUSHierarchyItem item, Int32 level)
    WellFired.USHierarchy.DoGUI (Int32 depth)
    WellFired.USContent.ContentGUI ()
    WellFired.USContent.OnGUI ()
    WellFired.USWindow.DisplayEdittableArea ()
    WellFired.USWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

and my Unity interface is effectively locked out until I reload a window layout.

Hoping you can look into this one soon!

40. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Also, a potential feature/usability request : When adding an object path Timeline, it'd be nice if the key gizmos in the scene view had some more control. Is there a way to have similar control as game objects, so we can put position information in accurately with text, align them exactly to other objects and have axis locked move controls in the scene view?

Also defaulting to 0,0,0 was a bit confusing at first, I think when adding an object path timeline the default start / end keys should be placed where the object currently is, rather than world origin. I was miles away when I tried this and thought something was broken :)

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Thanks for the feedback Quickfingers, it's much appreciated.

R.E. Control Points, you should atm be able to modify the X, Y, Z independently in the inspector, fi you click on one. it's not quite as powerful as the transform component, but should give you more control. We're currently, also working on keyframe adjustment in the Time Axis, so we can have none linear paths.

With regards to the Exception that's thrown, I haven't seen this myself, but I will repro it and get a fix as soon as possible. Rather than reloading a layout, you should be able to close the uSequencer window (I hope) from the Menu Item (Window/Well Fired/uSequencer/Close uSequencer) I *think* it's hot keyed to CMD + i.

Regards,
    Terry

42. atmuc

atmuc

i get following error on Windows Store Apps build. Do you plan to support Windows Store Apps?

Reference Rewriter: Error: method `System.Reflection.PropertyInfo System.Type::GetProperty(System.String)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from uSequencerRuntime.dll at System.Reflection.PropertyInfo WellFired.USPropertyInfo::get_propertyInfo().

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:RunReferenceRewriter(MetroSDK, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:438)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:postProcessSDKSpecific(MetroSDK, BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, ProjectImages) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:806)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer:postProcess(BuildTarget, BuildOptions, String, String, String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:636)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

43. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

We do actually know of companies that have released on Windows Store, so I think this is a problem that has snuck in with a more recent update. I will resolve this for you and re-submit A.S.A.P

Regards,
    Terry

44. atmuc

atmuc

Thanks Terry :)

45. atmuc

atmuc

http://www.npruehs.de/unity3d-windows-store-part-3-reflections/

this page helped me. you can write methods like this;

public static bool IsAssignableFrom(Type first, Type second)
    {
    #if NETFX_CORE
    return first.GetTypeInfo().IsAssignableFrom(second.GetTypeInfo());
    #else
    return first.IsAssignableFrom(second);
    #endif
    }

it will be hard for compiled code :)

46. atmuc

atmuc

47. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We have a fix for this now, but the submission process will take approximately 5 days, if you need the fix sooner, please get in touch with us, with a copy of your receipt at support@wellfired.com

:)

Regards,
    Terry

48. atmuc

atmuc

Great ! Thanks :) i sent email.

49. atmuc

atmuc

i tested your new package with Windows Store Apps and Windows Phone 8. it works. Thanks for your support.

50. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

No problem whatsoever! Give us an email or contact us here if you have any other question / issues :)