Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Cutscene Creator / Camera Path - uSequencer [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WellFiredDevelopment, Jun 19, 2012.

1. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Overview

Providing director-level control over cut-scenes, dynamic gameplay sequences and Quick Time Events. With a look and feel similar to all popular non-linear editors. With uSequencer, you are in the Directors chair.

uSequencer is a powerful and flexible sequencer for Unity, written entirely in c#. uSequencer comes packed with over a hundred build in events, as well as a powerful spline based animation tool and the ability to animate any property on any object with complete control.

Fully WYSIWYG, you can scrub the timeline at any point and have a complete, live preview in editor, or in game. You have the power.

You don't need to be a programmer to work with uSequencer, we pride ourselves on writting easy and intuiative systems, you can do everything, right through the uSequencer Interface

uSequencer comes complete with it's own c# interface, allowing you to add to it, working together to create your product.

key features:
    • Over 100 Built-In Events!
    • Full integration - From Inspector to the uSequencer window, everything fits in.
    • Full Property Keyframe support - Keyframe and animate most property and fields on any object.
    • Full support for all platforms - Easily deploy to WebPlayers, Mac, Pc, iOS, or Android.
    • Scrub in game, or in editor - You won't have to play to see your results, though if you want to, you can still scrub through sequences whilst your game is playing!
    • Fitting In - uSequencer fits in, you'll see a consistant style between Unity's interface and the uSequencers.
    • Easy to use - Make complex cutscenes and sequences without writing a single line of code.
    • HD Recording - Record your sequences at a custom framerate, and resolution.
    • No external resources - Everything is nicely contained, and we don't rely on anything outside the uSequencer.
    • Extendable - Add new events and customise the look and feel of new and existing events with very little effort.
    • Full support - You can Contact us directly for support.
    • Future proof - Development for uSequencer will continue indefinitely and we already have an extensive roadmap in front of us!

uSequencer Professional
    As well as the version of uSequencer you can buy through the asset store, you can also buy the professional edition. This is generally suited for bigger studios, and doesn't usually suit single use users.

Access to the GIT repository, which gives you the following benefits:
    The ability to easily update to the latest version by pulling from the main repository. Rather than relying on Unity to accept the package. Which means, instant updates.
    All the version history, letting you pick and choose which revision you want to work with.
    As soon as hot fixes are available, you'll have them.
    Changes you wish to see in the main version? You can easily submit a patch.
    The repository has all the Unity Pro metadata that doesn’t get included in the exported packages.

uSequencer Profession is available on our uSequencer website

Made with uSequencer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.realdriftportnew.sipon
    http://timekeeper.undream.net

Tutorials
    We have a number of written, step by step tutorials over on our website:
    Check out our Tutorials.

We also have a number of tutorials over at our youtube channel, you can check them out here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkM3r-TpYuI&list=PLLGtzoIMvJxw-6onPwsXWKJlhg32C_rfO

Part 1

Part 2

More on our Youtube Page! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC94MXAjuJT-dSfS03wrZW9Q

Videos
    40 Minutes with the uSequencer

The cutscene created during this video was turned into a WebPlayer for the world to see exactly what you can produce in 40 minutes. We used the angry Bots demo to create this cutscene. The Webplayer can be found here : Web Player - 40 minutes with uSequencer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFzQBinp6os

Property Timelines
    As well as the amazing control uSequencer gives you through it's powerful event based sequencing system, It's now possible within uSequencer to fully keyframe any property on any object (including positions, rotations et all).
    An overview of how this functionality works is contained in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UqGIXYGGFs

Hierarchy Manipulation

The following video shows exactly how easy it is to duplicate timelines, and move them between sequences. Everything within uSequencer is built with easy of use in mind.

Functionality not found in sequencers, but frequently asked about, is the ability to duplicate entire sequences, events, or timelines and have them affect other objects. uSequencer accomplishes this by working with unity, and unity's core systems. You can manipulate any aspect of a sequence, an event, a timeline, or a collection of timelines. Duplicating these, moving them between different sequences or splitting them up entirely, it's all possible.

check out a brief overview in the video below.

HD Video Recording

Below is an overview of uSequencers newest addition. The ability to render out your cutscenes at custom resolution, with custom framerate.

Feel free to get in touch with any comments, suggestions, or anything at all really!

Enjoy,
    Well Fired.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Gozdek likes this.
  2. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

This is seemingly exactly what I've been looking for, so.. Great! I'll probably buy it when I get the money.

One question though, how is the support? Can I e-mail you guys for help if I have any problems?

3. nuverian

nuverian

How would this compare to Timeline if you mind? I am between yours and Timeline. Please do note that I am an artist.

Jim-Boddie likes this.
  4. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

If you need any support with the sequencer, there are contact details (a support email address) with the package. Feel free to get in touch with any questions / problems you have. and we'll answer as best we can.

5. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Based on the single review on the Unity Asset Store, it seems as though Timeline and uSequencer are quite similar, however Timeline appears to add miscellaneous scripts to your objects, uSequencer won't do that. It also appears you have to add scripts to your objects manually in order to have them work in your sequencer, in uSequencer, you just have to drag drop the object, you can add as many events as you like from there, which would mean it is a lot easier to use uSequencer. There is also a large price difference.

However, I haven't used Timeline myself and all this information was taken from the review in the asset store.

6. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

wow! there are 3/4 cutscene editors in the asset store and you didn't study them all before releasing yours?? :)

ps: i'll study yours, also.. since cutscenes are very important in my projects

7. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We did examine the other two, but for some reason overlooked timeline. I will be sure to pick it up and check out the competition.

uSequencer is primarily focused on usability and UI, if you have any questions with regards to uSequencer, please, don't hesitate to get in touch!

8. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

This might be a dumb question, but.. It's possible to keyframe positions, right?

9. Chimera3D

Chimera3D

I can't access the webplayer. Perhaps you uploaded it as private?

10. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

I don't know what happened to the webplayer, it was a public link, it should be working now however :) Let me know if you can or can not get access. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21635985/USequencer/index.html

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  11. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Not a silly question at all, feel free to ask away, and if you purchase the uSequencer, you'll get a support email address, within the manual, you can ask technical questions with this, or if you want to go into more depth with a developer, send an email!

Keyframing properties (including position / rotation) is possible.

A list of what is available can be found on the uSequencer Website As well as a list of what's coming soon, and tutorials on some functionality.

We should be uploading the next version of uSequencer within two weeks, which will include some nice features, such as: rendering out your cutscenes at Super Res with a consistant customizable framerate!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  12. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Scrubbing Overview

13. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hierarchy Manipulation

The following video shows exactly how easy it is to duplicate timelines, and move them between sequences. Everything within uSequencer is built with easy of use in mind.

Functionality not found in sequencers, but frequently asked about, is the ability to duplicate entire sequences, events, or timelines and have them affect other objects. uSequencer accomplishes this by working with unity, and unity's core systems. You can manipulate any aspect of a sequence, an event, a timeline, or a collection of timelines. Duplicating these, moving them between different sequences or splitting them up entirely, it's all possible.

check out a brief overview in the video below.

14. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Version 1.05 Out now

Hello All, Version 1.05 has just been accepted to the asset store, and this version comes with HD Recording.

Here's a little overview.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  15. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Looks nice is it possible to copy paste parts of the sequence?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  16. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Absolutely, if you like you can duplicate single events, multiple events, timelines (containing all events), or selections of timelines (containing all timelines and events).

You can also duplicate entire timelines and assign them to completely new objects.

In the Hierarchy manipulation video, you'll notice, I set up a timeline container for the walking robot, containing three timelines around 20 events, I then duplicate this entire sequence and retarget it to another GameObject.

17. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you a quick heads up on what will be coming your way soon with uSequencer V 1.1

Property Timelines
    This is a rather big update to uSequencer, and it's heading to the asset store any day now.

As well as the amazing control uSequencer gives you through it's powerful event based sequencing system, It's now possible within uSequencer to fully keyframe any property on any object (including positions, rotations et all).

An overview of how this functionality works is contained in the video below. As always, questions, suggestions, they're always welcome :D

Regards,
    Well Fired.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  18. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

video is private

19. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Apologies, this has been fixed.

P.S. All videos are available at 720.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

20. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

look great but I would realy need to see how it works with Unity4 since I will be using that. But from what I can see if it does indead work with U4 then I'll use this one over the others.

Good Job

21. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello, lovely unity community, I've gone and put together a wonderful fully featured version of uSequencer for you all to try out!

A fully featured, free V 1.1 of uSequencer is available here !

The only difference is that there will be a little watermark in the top left corner! Enjoy, and give me your feedback! :D

Also, if you like it, please purchase and support development!

22. nuverian

nuverian

I start to love how publishers are going in the free watermark path. It help both us test it and you in the long run. Thanks for putting this up.

23. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

No problem, I hope you enjoy, and if you end up creating something you want to share, please let us see it :D

Regards,
    Well Fired.

24. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Sir,

You are most kind. I am looking it over today. I hope this does work with U4.

25. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Very nice test version. BTW ty for that. I'm going to play with it a lot more. I may buy it soon to make sure I get it at this price. Even if it doesnt work well with U4 I would still have it at this price while you work that out. This might be just what we need for the animated series.

26. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We're glad you enjoy it, hopefully it does what you want and more.

Remember we're always open to hearing from the community with regards to desired features, contact us directly and if we like the sound, we'll be sure to include them in our next version. which, we are already hard at work on.

We thought it worth mentioning that if you use the free version and upgrade to the paid version 1.1 when it's available on the store, your cutscenes will automatically work, minus the watermark, no need to re-create anything.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  27. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Just to let you know, Version 1.1 is now available in the asset store for you to buy.

Remember, that if you're unsure about uSequencer, you can trial the fully featured V 1.1 here

28. VFXM

VFXM

Great product and now in testing the free version

is there any function to loop or resume sequence ? for example Sequence.Resume(); or Sequence.Loop = true;

Regards.

29. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

Absolutely there is functionality for resuming a sequence. Simply call Sequence.Play()
    The Play function will either start OR resume.

If you want to start fresh, simply call
    Sequence.Stop()
    Sequence.Play()

Looping is not currently possible (I didn't see a need for it), however, there is no reason it couldn't be implemented in the future if required.

30. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Looping can be useful for a title sequence that loops until the player starts the game.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  31. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We should be uploading another copy of uSequencer to the asset store with some minor changes within the next couple of days, we can bump this feature up and update the free version, it's incredibly easy to implement, so we'll see what we can do.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

32. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,
    We've spent some time putting together looping functionality for the community. You'll find the option under the sequence settings.

We've prepared our latest Asset store Submission, however it will take a while to get through, in the meantime, if you use the trial, it has been updated instantly and is available here.

33. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Version 1.11 has been accepted on the store, Looping support is there for you. We've updated the trial version and the full version.

What's new?
    Added the ability to loop a sequence.
    Added new upgrade paths.
    Added the ability to modify specific curves.
    Added the ability to turn on, or off auto tangent smoothing.
    Added an example scene.

Various Bug Fixes:
    Quaternions would auto add a LOT of keyframe, without you doing anything.
    Some UI fixes, mainly UI elements being selectable when they where not visible.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  34. nuverian

nuverian

Thanks. I was kinda worried when I moved the time slider and keys were added each frame for no reason. I hope that is the fix to it.

35. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Yes, that's been fixed now, as well as some minor bugs, if you have any more issues, feel free to get in touch with us, using the contact email in the User - Guide.

Of course, we'll always respond if posted on the forum too :)

Regards,
    Well Fired.

36. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello all,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we've finished our features and bug fixes for our next release V1.15, and we're pushing it to the asset store as we speak.

As usual you can grab it here, the free version is located here.

The main addition with this version is Observer Timelines, every sequence comes with an observer timeline, and you can think of it as a global overseer of cameras. It will enable cameras as you tell it to, automatically disabling every other camera in the scene, allowing you more control over your cutscenes.
    As well as this, we've introduced the rendering of splines in the scene view, so you can see your object paths when keyframing.

Changes / Features V1.15
    Observer Timelines, added automatically to every cutscene. Use if you want.
    Added Extra Events for Sequence Playback.
    When you are viewing transform properties, they will be displayed as splines in the scene view.
    Event Timelines are now automatically at the top of the uSequencer Window.
    Added some extra Undo / Redo commands.
    You can now Undo the removal of Properties.

Bug Fixes V 1.15
    Sometimes an event at 0.0f would fire once you hit the Stop button.
    The Window now repaints, even when there is no sequencer active. This makes changing sequence instantaneous.
    Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause extra space to appear in the floating Pane (Left pane).
    Fixed a couple of fault Undo / Redo commands.
    Clean up some leaked Objects, they were not being destroyed.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  37. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys,

Version 1.15 is now live in the store, grab it here

Regards,
    Well Fired.

38. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

39. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey, this is great, out of curiosity, did you use the record functionality from within uSequencer?

40. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

yes. Its all your functions. we are making those of most of our levels and assets now so our editor can make us a demo video.

41. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Great, well, We're glad you like the package, feel free to get in touch with suggestions or comments.

42. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey all,

V 1.16 has been uploaded to the asset store, it should be available for you all soon!

Now with added playback speed control! You can now dynamically modify the playback speed, fast forward, reverse, do this with the editor, or through script!

You can always grab yourself the free version whilst you wait at https://sites.google.com/site/usequencer/purchase

Enjoy!

Changes / Features V1.16
    Added the ability to set the playback rate. You can do this during game at runtime, through scripts, or through the editor.
    Added another sequencer Event to set the playback rate.
    Imporved the Audio Playback Event. It should now resume, and has some simple Scrubbing possibilities.

Bug Fixes V1.16
    Fixed a small issue with events not reverting.

43. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello,

Just a quick note to let you know Version 1.16 is now available for you all!

Get it here!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

44. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello everyone, just to let you all know, by popular request, we are now providing a special, Professional License. This license will include Source Control Access.

You can purchase one of these and read all about it over at www.usequencer.com/purchase

45. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Today,

We are happy to announce our new user feedback site. If you want to give feedback on uSequencer, you can do it here.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

46. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello all,

Just a quick note to let you know uSequencer V1.62 is now live on the asset store, uSequencer free V1.62 is also available from the uSequencer Website.

New This Version
    A New Welcome Screen, to help users get started
    Fixed a small bug with events missing a revert.
    Further improvements to the Audio Events

You can also register and join the ever growing uSequencer forums.

Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions over on our user voice page.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

47. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

uSequencer V1.7 is here, and with it, it is bringing multi-object support, working with with events, keyframes and observer keyframes got SOOO much easier.

If you haven't tried the best cutscene creation tool for Unity, what are you waiting for? Grab the free version over at http://www.usequencer.com/purchase and start creating amazing cutscenes.

New This Version
    Multi-object selection support (Drag a box, or control / command click).
    Multi-object dragging.
    Multi-object context clicking.

Have fun, creating your kick ass cutscenes.

48. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hey guys,

That's version 1.7 of the uSequencer - Unity's best cutscene creation tool up and available on the asset store for you all to buy, grab it and see what you've been missing!

Remember, if you're unsure about uSequencer, grab the free version and try it out, all cutscenes can be moved between the free and paid version instantly!

Regards,
    Well Fired.

49. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

We've just released a new version to the asset store, and also, to the uSequencer website, this version fixes a small bug that would sometimes cause property timelines with less than two keyframes to not show in the timeline pane.

Regards,
    Well Fired.

50. Mars91

Mars91

Does it require Unity Pro?