Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Unlit & UI - Hearthstone inspired Multilayer Shader

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SUMFX, Apr 4, 2015.

1. SUMFX

SUMFX

f_big_precise.jpg

Ultimate Unlit & UI is an advanced multilayer shader for unlit GameObjects and UI textures.

You can transform your static 2D images to living scenes with this. It contains 1 Base Layer and 3 FX Layers to unlimit possibilities. Each FX Layer works like "Layer". You can move, rotate, colorize, distort each layer separately to make your material is like an animation.

Ultimate Unlit & UI is supports massive amount of platforms including PC, Mac, Linux, Web, iOS, Android, XBOX, PS.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    IndieAner3d, lidgen and ramand like this.
  2. GCatz

GCatz

very nice!
    will definitely put my eye on this

3. SUMFX

SUMFX

Demo video added

4. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

I dig it! Always looking for ways to add that polishing touch to the mundane.

5. SUMFX

SUMFX

I think it'll be your last stop : )

Kellyrayj likes this.
  6. MJNuchia

MJNuchia

Very Nice, will definitely keep an eye on this.

7. SUMFX

SUMFX

Full material inspector view

MaterialInspector.png

8. SUMFX

SUMFX

9. Eruheran2

Eruheran2

Other effects like "Fireball" or the "Red Arror" aren't done with Shader?

10. SUMFX

SUMFX

Thanks for your interest @Eruheran2 . I don't understand what do you mean, can you describe it more please?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  11. gridside

gridside

Looks great, congratulations!

12. Eruheran4

Eruheran4

13. SUMFX

SUMFX

Thanks for the detailed reply. This is a shader to use in meshes that are considered to be unlit and/or ui images. Spell effect is should be done with "line renderer" and second red arrow example is also can be done with line renderer or custom mesh or even shuriken particle system. For the shader side of these effects; yes you can use UUU but keep in mind please, This pack is giving you a shader that has an artistic controls.

14. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently working on new update which contains some fixes and performance upgrades. If you guys have any feature request, it's time to say : )

Thanks!

PS: I've also got number of emails for feature requests. I'm also working on those.

GCatz likes this.
  15. Emre_U

Emre_U

Superb.. But gonna wait on a sale :) not required for my projects now. Will be needed in future.. Welldone

16. SUMFX

SUMFX

Glad you like it! Thanks. : )

17. SUMFX

SUMFX

Update,
    For those who experiencing issues on SM2.0 based devices. Shader currently not supported Shader Model 2.0. iOS supoprt is only possible with Metal since shader using more than 64 math instructions (100+) and also using more than 32 internal variables (60+). This two factors are the limitations of Shader Model 2.0. I'm working on lite version for SM2.0 devices however, I don't have an ETA yet.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  18. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Any chance you could do some more videos with more effects shown (or better yet a web player)? It looks like there's a lot of potential here, but as someone who is not an artist I need a lot of prefabs and presets to help me get the best from the package.

19. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi @JohnnyA

Thanks for the recommendation. Since the usage area of this asset is can be very specific, prefabs can not be usable but for more examples I aggree with that and next update will contain more examples with richer demo scene / web player.

20. GCatz

GCatz

not working on android - Samsung GALAXY S4,
    any chance for an update on that front ?

21. SUMFX

SUMFX

Sorry to hear that you have an issue. I've tested on number of mobile devices but not on S4. Give me a time to test it please. Other than that generally shader should run on all SM 3.0 devices but it can't run on SM 2.0 devices. I think, only Snapdragon GPU models of Galaxy S4 supports SM 3.0 technology. Can you confirm that your device has support for SM 3.0 ?

22. GCatz

GCatz

23. SUMFX

SUMFX

Okay my turn. Give me a time to make some tests on this device. I hope I can find one quickly. I'll let you know and if you have any other questions please let me know too.

24. GCatz

GCatz

Thanks for looking at it,

also note for a useful update
    is to add an outer mask, to keep the images limited to certain space (like for scrolling box, chat window, etc)

25. SUMFX

SUMFX

Thanks for that, noted! : )

26. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi @GCat

New package has been submitted and waiting for review. I can't test on S4 but the issue you mentioned also appeared on LG G3 and this update has fix for that. I believe it'll also fix it on S4. Please update your assets when it's approved by Asset Store Team and let me know if it's fixed your problem or not.

Thanks.

27. gavinb80

gavinb80

Looks like a cool shader, and one I h ope can add some visual flare to my UI system in my current project!

28. SUMFX

SUMFX

Glad you like it! I'm currently working on another update and this one contains a new demo scene with more UI FX related examples.

29. gavinb80

gavinb80

Sounds like a great update, cant wait to see it. Any idea on time scales?

30. SUMFX

SUMFX

It shouldn't take so long because it just a new demo scene update. 3 weeks or so i think. I don't want to give you promise however : )

gavinb80 likes this.
  31. SUMFX

SUMFX

Wow, that was fast! Update is online in store : )

gavinb80 likes this.
  32. gavinb80

gavinb80

Haha, brilliant turn around. The quickest 3 weeks I've ever seen ;)

SUMFX likes this.
  33. GCatz

GCatz

You nailed it!, it works great now. :)

SUMFX likes this.
  34. lidgen

lidgen

Don't understand your change about shader. I saw you removed one line "#exclude metal ps3....", and changed variant names like upropA-J to some uuuxxxx_if_leX. No big difference was made, wasn't it?

35. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi Lidgen,

It was the bug fix update (which is GCat addressed) and yes internal variable names are also changed. You can see these in changelog in asset store too.

36. vamky

vamky

Hi!

I bought your package and it is wonderfull! However I have encountered a small problem:

When I use a texture with alpha as main texture, I get this strange result.

Error.png

My shader setup is like:
    Error02.png

Could you tell me what is causing the problem? What I intended to do is use this moon in a 2d sky background, then use the shader in the package to add effect to the rim light of the moon.

Thanks!

37. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi vamky, sorry for late reply. I've been on vacation last few days and just arrived at home.

Glad you like it! Currently the shader has no support RGBA textures in base layer. In other words; base layer doesn't support alpha channel. You can use the "Main Mask" layer for this purpose. In demo scene you can see examples of usages of Main Mask layer. I think Base Layer needs to have support for alpha channel though. I'm working on update for package and I'll try to implement RGBA usage in Base Layer within this update.

38. vamky

vamky

Thank you! That sounds so good!

39. vamky

vamky

Hello!Any news on next update?

40. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Delayed reply... obviously you cant just pick up a prefab and use it. But if there are prefabs for example of a fire effect with a mask, I can add it to another card, and change the mask, maybe tweak a few other variables and get the effect I desire.

If there's nothing anywhere near what I want, it becomes a lot harder.

Anyways I've started working on my card game again, so expect a purchase soon.

41. SUMFX

SUMFX

Yes I have! I was quite busy in last month because of my other projects. But still managed to make a new demo scene. However there's still work to do and i want to add more variants and functionalities to shader with this update. Thanks for your patience.

42. noanoa

noanoa

43. SUMFX

SUMFX

Currently the shader is capable of doing those effects already with much more quality from the examples. Since it's a high computing shader, I don't want to squeze much more processes into it. For doing that shining effect with my shader, you just need to use one layer, select shining texture (eg: b&w linear gradient), adjust move speed & direction and voila!

44. Gardosen

Gardosen

Hey SUMFX,

i bought your Shader and i am really suprised about it. it is exactly what i need :)
    but i have one problem. i want to use the shader for 3d planes with a texture on it.
    the general system works well, i can add the texture directly on the shader, and add the 3 layers for making stuff move.

but the mesh is now overlapping 3d objects close to it which should normaly not be overlapped.

the left one is where i use a normal unlit shader. the elements on the bottom and the border are above the picture. but on the right one where i use the UUU Shader, the picture popsup above all the others.

do you probably know what could cause this? or does your shader not support those things right now? will it be supported in the future?
    would be happy if you know a solution for this issue :)

Kind regards
    Gardosen

edit: for a text, this example described pretty well how to get a improved shader that text also dissapears behind other objects. http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=3DText
    i think the problem with normal text shader is also what causes the problem on your shader.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  45. noanoa

noanoa

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give it a try! Hope it's easy.

46. Gardosen

Gardosen

Okay i fixed the issue by myself.

is there any reason, i havnt found yet, why you use "ztest always"?

Kind regards
    Gardosen

47. SUMFX

SUMFX

I was just writing and answer to your comment : ) Happy to hear that your problem has been solved. In first Unity 5 release there was a block that forcing me to use ztest because of UI usage. If fellows at Unity didn't changed the way how UI depth testing works; now your modified shader should not work properly as UI Texture. If It's works, it's a win/win!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  48. Gardosen

Gardosen

Looks like a win/win :D

I tested my modified shader with your demo scene. everything works like before.
    the only difference I see is that the 3d texture mesh now works also correctly :D

Very Good Job with this.
    You made a dream come true.

49. SUMFX

SUMFX

Superb! I'll include that modification after testing to next update then.

50. Gardosen

Gardosen

Something i would like to mention for a future update:

the intensity is also controlling the speed/velocity of fx1-3.
    are you planning to split this up?
    that the speed/velocity can be adjusted independently?

Kind regards
    Gardosen