Search Unity

[RELEASED] uGUI Anchor Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fermmmm, Jul 29, 2015.

1. fermmmm

fermmmm

RECT TRANSFORM EXTENDED

This asset adds new values to the Rect Transform to make extremally easy to do all kind of things related to position and size with the UI system.
    This asset does not block any RectTransform feature, only adds stuff.
    See the video for a detailed explanation:

With this tool you can do the following:

• Set and get position and size of an object using values relative to the parent (and not relative to the anchors).This is like a "disable anchors" feature.

• Coordinate conversion to / from screen space coordinates (pixels) to anchor coordinates (value from 0 to 1 used by anchors). And the opposite as well. Usefull for mouse/touch interaction that changes anchors.

• Coordinate conversion between the object anchors and the canvas. Usefull to move an object like if it was a child of the canvas when is not. Or to match coordinates from objects located at different containers.

• Use values from 0 to 1 to move the object exatcly out of it's container or out of the screen when setting 0 or 1 (see the video).

• More values and coordinate convertions...

• Change and get anchors position and size using a Vector2 for position and another Vector2 for size. (An alternative to AnchorsMin and AnchorsMax) Specially usefull for animating anchors with tween libraries. For example, to only change position of anchors you can animate a single position value, otherwise for doing the same you have to animate both AnchorMin and AnchorMax values in 2 different tweens.

Usage:

When you import the asset new methods are added to RectTransform. Also most features can be used visually from the editor adding the "RectTransform Extended " component. Everything is doccumented in the readme and an example scene is included.

Asset link:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/41927

Feel free to make a request or ask questions. I'll be answering. :)

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. Member123456

Member123456

Looks great! Will be checking it out.

3. Unreal-Vision

Unreal-Vision

Hi fermmm,

Why asset is free now? it is included in new Unity 5.2?

Thanks,

4. fermmmm

fermmmm

If I charge 1 dollar I get only 2 sells in a month, If I change it to free, a lot of people download it. So it seems that is more usefull for the community if it's free.

SAOTA likes this.
  5. Unreal-Vision

Unreal-Vision

Ahahahahahaha