Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] TPSA - Third Person Shooter System (template)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stiffx, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What additional pack would you like to see in TPSA?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
  1. Enemy AI Shooter

44.4%
  2. Friend AI (like sherry from Resident evil 4)

55.6%
  1. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

I finally got the link email 3 hours ago (1 am local time here in Australia), a long time after I registered. The link says it's only good for 2 hours, so that wasn't much good to me lol. Not to worry, I'm still playing with the asset and in no rush for an upgrade, I just wanted to get my invoice registered.
    Cheers.

2. Stiffx

Stiffx

I see, but you can download it now just validate your Invoice again at the first tab and you'll be able to download again.

3. Stiffx

Stiffx

New key pickup message

4. f1chris

f1chris

When you post an new feature like this, does it mean that it's now available as a fast update on stiff . info?

Thx
    chris

5. Stiffx

Stiffx

Not yet, I'll updload the new file a little bit later. I was just showing what's next. :)

6. f1chris

f1chris

OK no problems, don't want to rush you, just don't want to waste your download limit if any. :)

Stiffx likes this.
  7. Stiffx

Stiffx

8. Venged

Venged

@Stiffix - Is the circular mini map I saw in earlier videos still available in the asset?

Thanks

9. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @Venged it will be, I want to add a better version cause that video you saw I was using old unity GUI.

Venged likes this.
  10. Venged

Venged

Thanks! That is a god idea to use the new UI.

Stiffx likes this.
  11. Stiffx

Stiffx

Yes indeed, that's why all the elements in this pack uses the new UI. Better, faster and easy to customize.

Venged likes this.
  12. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey guys, I'm proud to announce the new Inventory :)

13. Venged

Venged

Is the update with the inventory released yet? Thanks

14. Stiffx

Stiffx

I'll upload it tomorrow.

Venged likes this.
  15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Are the slot predifined? Can it expand dynamically? I know you can go through the weapons, will you,make the same for these and the ammo?
    Looks good, just wondering stuff.:)

Stiffx likes this.
  16. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thanks... The slots are created dinamicaly so you can add as many as you want. Of course more slots needs more space or a slider. The reason I do not upload it today is because i want to do the same thing for weapons. The bullet box are working the same way as the keys. Cheers

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Nice!!!

Stiffx likes this.
  18. Stiffx

Stiffx

Did you download the update from my server?

19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Nope, not yet. I'm too busy with some other stuff at the moment. But I always keep an eye on your thread. I'm waiting for you to fix all the little bugs you mentioned and the little polish. Right now I just want to know the exact list of animations to create etc... in order to play with it with some characters of my own. I have a wish though... adding some kind of vine climbing and / or ladder climbing. If you add swimming it would be totally crazy. Anyways, whatever you do, I'm always happy with it.:)

Stiffx likes this.
  20. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Does the inventory system delete items from the inventory after 1 time use like using a key and itll be deleted from the inventory?

Im thinking of buying this pack since It would be great to customize it for a third person horror game. Im mostly interested in the melee, inventory, keys and locked doors features. Any plan to add ladder climbing to the system?

Stiffx likes this.
  21. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @peter_rodrigues , thank you for your interest.

Yes indeed, there's a quantity variable at the script (I'll show the quantity at the slot) as soon as the quantity turns to 0 the slot become empty. Like I said before all the slots are created dynamically so I have an array list of all items. There's a possibility to change positions between slots I did not implement this yet, but I've already created a variable to hold the current position of the Item.

Please be my guest :)

Yes I'm planning to do that. But for now I need to finish my road map and polish the template..

Thanks for passing by

22. stslavik

stslavik

So maybe someone here can key me in. I'm working on a script that loads an avatar dynamically, and attaches all it's components and sets them up after the avatar is created.

After the load process, I am trying to attach the TPSA scripts and initialize them (since there's no prefab, this is done programmatically as well).

When I get to the point where I go to connect the Animator to TPSA_Player Controller, it says the animator is missing in the inspector. The animator component still appears in they inspector, and I can Debug.Log the animator, but when it's running it's just saying "missing". Is there a point that the animator is deleted and reattached in the TPSA scripts that I'm somehow missing in my idiocy? Thank you!

23. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey there guys, here's the quantity information I was talking about; (Not uploaded yet)

24. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi @stslavik, the answer is a big no :D. I just check if the component is present at Awake in TPSA_PlayerController

Code (csharp):
    3.   if (PAnimator == null)
    4.   AimController = gameObject.GetComponent<TPSA_AimController>();

stslavik likes this.
  25. Twrmois

Twrmois

Been looking at this kit for a long while, mobile support is a good thing (I think i seen that this kit supports it.)
    Will there be planned Multiplayer (networking) support? That's mainly what will make me buy this kit for sure if it contained it because the earlier videos reminds me a lot of Gears of War :) one of my favorite games

Stiffx likes this.
  26. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @Twrmois thanks for your comment. The project is mobile compatible, you just have to adjust controls. About networking I've always wanted to create a network demo, but I know there's complexity due to NAT and allot of stuff. So it will not be my first thought right now. But thanks for passing by

Twrmois likes this.
  27. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey hey, the new inventory is ready for download. Just validate your invoice at www.stiffix.info and download the new update.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    AgathaCrup likes this.
  28. drewradley

drewradley

Wow! That looks awesome! Now I won't need to use my own inventory! How close is this to a stable release? I tend to do a lot of customization in the codes and don't want to begin that until I am fairly certain I won't need to do it all over.
    Do you plan to add some sort of conversation/quest and save features? Those are about the only two things left I'll have to do on my own to make my game.

29. snackzilla

snackzilla

I just got back into town and woah! Stiffx going crazy with the updates again! Heck yeah! I can't wait to do submit my invoice number and give the new version a spin! With that being said, I just saw the news for Unity 5, too. Has anyone tried it with the new engine yet?

Stiffx likes this.
  30. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thanks, I really don't know I only consider sstable release when im happy with it. About conversarion system that never crossed my mind before. But who knows at this point I cant garantee much because theres so many featurez to add. Maybe in the future

31. Stiffx

Stiffx

Haha thanks man. About unity5 i can confirm its all working. Did the testing today and the only thing tha has impact on scripts is the camera lock cursor that became deprecated nothing else so you're good to go :)

32. DanielKW

DanielKW

33. Stiffx

Stiffx

34. Stiffx

Stiffx

Inventory Updates. (Not ready yet)

I'm also using unity 5. The project is fully compatible

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    AgathaCrup likes this.
  35. AgathaCrup

AgathaCrup

Hey Steffano, looking real good, does discard work like drop? so we can leave mines for enemies to step on etc

Stiffx likes this.
  36. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @AgathaCrup , the discard is more like set a slot free and delete the item from inventory, but you gave me a really nice idea, wait and you will see :) cheers.

37. Stiffx

Stiffx

Is it the right time to move on?

Hi there guys, I've seen all the great news about unity 5, and as I'm using it I see how great the personal version is.
    That's why I want to ask you guys if you think it's a good idea to use built in unity IK system at the project to replace my scripts, I want to know your considerations.

Cheers

AgathaCrup likes this.
  38. drewradley

drewradley

Well, I still plan to use Unity 4 for a while so I would appreciate if you held off on that until you "finished" it for Unity 4, but I totally understand wanting to switch to the new version. Heck, I'd be happy if you finished the inventory and fixed the roll so he no longer rolls forward when walking back in Unity 4.

Stiffx likes this.
  39. Stiffx

Stiffx

Consider it done :)

40. drewradley

drewradley

Great! Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Stiffx likes this.
  41. Archania

Archania

So going to get this soon.
    the work is awesome. Fantastic job.

Stiffx likes this.
  42. julianr

julianr

great asset, How easy would it be to hook up a first person camera, armature and weapons? Maybe UFPS support? So you could have the best of both worlds

Stiffx likes this.
  43. Stiffx

Stiffx

Looking forward to your purchase, thank you.

Thank you, this is the most easy thing you can do with this project. The camera system work with custom Pivot. You just have to adjust the two main pivot to get FPS going. The Pivot (witch is the normal view) and the Aim Pivot once you aim any weapon. :)

julianr likes this.
  44. julianr

julianr

@Stiffx - Great! I'll be testing this out soon. In addition to making it work via Photon networking. UFPS side should be fine, its the 3rd person side I'm not sure about just yet.

I notice you are working on the inventory side of things at the moment. At some point it might be worth adding in a radius scan for items in the area that are on the floor, such as a hoard of items dropped by a player when they die, with an item list and some icons next to it that you can click or drag to your inventory. Saves a bit of time having to go up to each item.

Stiffx likes this.
  45. macodys

macodys

I am very interested in this asset but sadly there is no web player to actually test it out. Could you add a webplayer?

46. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there thank you for your interest, but I have no intention to release a webplayer, I believe the videos and the people that trust my work (and they're reviews) can give you a really nice idea of what the project has/is.

Thank you again

47. sovietboss

sovietboss

I just purchased this now. You've saved me hours and hours of programming to help develop my old school horror. With this inventory system and static camera angles/shooting it feels like the real deal. I can't wait until you release the inventory!

Could I possibly ask for a little small feature, to maybe pause the game whilst the inventory is active? Something simple like time.timescale = 0 e.t.c

Keep up the great work!

Stiffx likes this.
  48. Stiffx

Stiffx

:) Thank you @sovietboss those purchases/comments keeps me going and going with this new features. Please validate your purchase code at www.stiffix.info and download the last updates, you can follow the development from those updates so you don't need to wait like forever for unity to release my updates.

Thanks again cheers

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    sovietboss likes this.
  49. sovietboss

sovietboss

For some reason the website link didn't work for me :(

How do I validate the code, where do I find it?

50. Stiffx

Stiffx

My bad, http://stiffix.info/ haha I forgot i registered the .info and not the .com... Sorry about that