Search Unity

[RELEASED] TPSA - Third Person Shooter System (template)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stiffx, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What additional pack would you like to see in TPSA?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
  1. Enemy AI Shooter

44.4%
  2. Friend AI (like sherry from Resident evil 4)

55.6%
  1. snackzilla

snackzilla

Absolutely wonderful. This kit is almost perfect for my upcoming project now. I'm also curious like eridani, can he shoot from the left side of cover/pop in and out of shorter cover yet? If not, no worries, I know you're working your butt off to give us this much already.

2. Stiffx

Stiffx

He will :)

3. Stiffx

Stiffx

yes he will shoot from left, now that I finished one side I'm going to work on the other one. But for sure I'm working hard to get this done the best way I can :) thank you

eridani and snackzilla like this.
  4. r3ndesigner

r3ndesigner

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Stiffx likes this.
  5. AgathaCrup

AgathaCrup

Hey great looking asset, can you tell me how easy it is to rig NPCs or swap out the big zombie for another character. Does your AI work with more than 1 enemy at a time? would the system integrate with other AI systems can you recomend any that you know would work? Do you plan to support this product for at least a year ?Thanks.

6. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you

Easy, just copy the components from BZ and paste them to your new char.

Yes there's no limitation

I believe if you are going to use another AI system you better not integrate to my AI but use all the new AI system potential. Because the only thing you need from the new AI of your choice is to apply damage to the character. I can't tell you what is the best AI out there you must test it and see it fits your needs.

Here is what I think: I'll support the project as long as there's people interested on it and of course if it's selling. I mean, I didn't have much sale by now but I keep updating it to make it better because I see that people likes it. The only way I can't support it is if it's no longer good for someone else or by nature forces :)

Thank you for passing by

7. IndieScapeGames

IndieScapeGames

Anyone got an idea of what animations a custom character would require? Does it require a run animation, walk animation, shoot-rifle animation, shoot-pistol animation?

Also, what type of model animation rig works, legacy, generic, humanoid, etc?

I have a custom character I would like to play as but it was created with legacy animations in mind. It also only has walk, run, and shoot pistol animations. I'm just scared that I would have to find someone to create new animations with a new rig to utilize all the cool features this asset has.

8. Stiffx

Stiffx

I don't think so @ChadM, even if your character was made for legacy animations, you can always change the rig settings to humanoid (if it's a humanoid char). And all the animations will work fine. Just change the animation's import settings to use your humanoid avatar.

9. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Well I'm already angry with you, I didn't need this asset but I bought it anyway cause it looks amazing, so here is hoping you will keep updating it until the day I actually have a use for it. :p

Stiffx likes this.
  10. Stiffx

Stiffx

:D:D many thanks hahaha

11. Stiffx

Stiffx

Speaking of updates here goes another one:

I really like this new UI, I hope you guys like it too :)

12. r3ndesigner

r3ndesigner

Everyday a new surprise, congratulations, any chance of swim animations? Would love to see it made by you.

Stiffx likes this.
  13. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you @r3ndesigner, it's a nice idea. I'll think about it when i finish version 1.3

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  14. drewradley

drewradley

I am trying to set it up so the player can walk and swing a melee weapon at the same time. I duplicated the melee attack states to the UpperBody mask and removed it from the Locomotion and everything works fine EXCEPT if I am attacking while standing still, I cannot begin to move. Any thoughts on how I would fix that?

Also do you have an estimate when the next version will be on the asset store?

Thanks!

Stiffx likes this.
  15. Venged

Venged

Wow finally the TPS solution that I have been looking for. Even if you never made another update the frame work and functionality is solid. This definitely won't be one of those got your money and leave the better stuff out there like a carrot for us to chase and you never get it situations. I'm sold and I am buying this:) C# scripts included, using mecanim with IK, GUI's, HUD, and radar mini map, and some AI and enemy included. This is like a dream come true at the price you are offering it. Great job!!!! Just bought it:)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Stiffx likes this.
  16. Stiffx

Stiffx

hmm it i believe the system is waiting for some animation state to end, can be another thing but take a look at animation state Tag if it's Attack and also find the AttachHashTag at TPSA_PlayerController you will see that the code ask if there's AttachHashTag at Layer 0, add it to layer 2 too.

Anyways let me know if it works :)

Well I don't want to give you guys buggy features so I'm being very careful to the new changes, at least I'm trying very hard. But Even if I don't finish everything about my road map this month I'll release a 1.25 version at the very beggining of next month so you guys can enjoy the new locomotion and HUD animations/scripts. Of course it will be trough a alternative download because unity is like throwing message in the bottle at the ocean, you can never know when it reaches destination.

17. Stiffx

Stiffx

wow many many thanks @Venged this is the kind of comment that keeps me up all night working on this project.
    Thank you for your purchase I'm so happy that you and everybody here like my work :) I can't even explain.

Please stay around there's more to come version

Venged likes this.
  18. Stiffx

Stiffx

Well Guys, I have something to ask, if you guys have some time please help me writing your review at Assetstore to share your experience with this pack. Maybe your thoughts can help another user to decide to buy it.

No rush :)

Thank you all again

Venged likes this.
  19. drewradley

drewradley

That didn't work but I changed my mind anyway and decided I like the stop to attack with melee. I swapped in my own animations with no forward movement and am pleased with that.

A couple of things I noticed: if you hit shift and back, he plays the turn animation and if you are moving back and hit the space, you roll forward. Both those were pretty easy fixes by just making sure the velocity isn't negative (and might have been the result of my own tinkering in the scripts!). There's no back roll so I just set it so there is no roll when going backwards.

Anyway, looking forward to the next release with reload and aim from cover.

Thanks!

20. Stiffx

Stiffx

That's really great, feel free to show the results.

Yes, I've already fixed it. Now we have roll for each side. Take a look at my last comment for @rosor when I tell about the roll fixes.

Anyways that's good you are playing with it, maybe I can add the weapon melee attack cause the animation is not that hard to do it's only a swing arms and torso. :)

21. drewradley

drewradley

Oh, sorry. Missed that. Anyway, still working out some problems on my AI but I hope to have a simple web player up soon with what I am doing with it.

Stiffx likes this.
  22. 3

This looks absolutely awesome, I'm certainly going to save up to buy it, I think your issue is that not enough people know about it, because I only recently heard of it by searching "third person shooter". I think I'll wait for version 1.3 with swimming, but either way, I love that you are still updating it and this is one of the most polished assets I've seen in a long time!

Stiffx likes this.
  23. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you very much. I've been working hard to make this asset a reference for TPS. Even if I can't do that at least it will have a lot of nice features.

Anyways thank you for passing by :)

24. RobertOne

RobertOne

Not my Kind oft game but much respect for this asset. Really loves to read threw this and how you take care of your customers :) keep on going!

Stiffx likes this.
  25. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey there thank you for passing by :);)

26. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey there guys I'm already creating the invoice verification so you can download the pre-release.

27. Venged

Venged

I bought it and I'm having a problem with the Unity Asset store not letting me log in from inside Unity Editor. Since I lease Unity Pro as excited as I am about this asset I'm pretty angry with Unity. There is not enough support for these kind of issues that keep happening:-( In the future I'm going to buy my assets from the various authors websites as much as possible. When the lease is up maybe it will be pure UE4 time:) Assets like this are the only thing that keep me using Unity at the moment. I hope I get to download it and use one day:)

28. Stiffx

Stiffx

I feel you, it's the same thing publishing assets pure agony. :(
    But here I'm man/woman I'll stand here to help. This invoice verification is a try to keep you guys updated, and not to suffer the UT slow update process.

29. Venged

Venged

Thanks so much! When your ready I can send my proof of purchase and get the asset from you. Thanks for helping us work around Unity who seem to think they are too big fail:-(

Thanks!

Stiffx likes this.
  30. Stiffx

Stiffx

You are very welcome, I'm working on it right now, you will only need to place your invoice ID at the page, and the confirmation goes from there. :)

Venged likes this.
  31. f1chris

f1chris

That's a really good idea. Are you planning to have it online soon ?

And was just wondering where we're at in terms of Unity 5 compatibility ??

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Stiffx likes this.
  32. Stiffx

Stiffx

It will be online by tomorrow I think :p

About Unity 5, I did some testing and it seems to work just fine, I'll just have to add some #if UNITY5 or something like that to fit new script changes. But it will be comatible for sure :D

Venged likes this.
  33. f1chris

f1chris

Wow ! You're the most efficient & performing contributor around here. Is there any PED testing for Assets Developers ?? ;) :p

Venged and Stiffx like this.
  34. Stiffx

Stiffx

hahahahahaha :p:D:rolleyes: that was really nice, I appreciate that.

I'm really trying to give the best support I can

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Venged likes this.
  35. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hy there my friends, here goes the last update from today

Now you can cover from crouching.

Venged likes this.
  36. Venged

Venged

Awesome! I can't wait to use this asset! :)

Stiffx likes this.
  37. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

I just bought your asset and am truly impressed :) I was wondering if the character model of Helena from one of your earlier videos is available somewhere? Thanks for a great asset!

Stiffx and Venged like this.
  38. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there thank you for your purchase I'm really happy that you like it. About Helena she is not mine, It's from a friend who asked to test her at my template sorry.

39. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey hey here goes the best news.

The update server is online and working. But before you download I have some considerations:

1 - Please do not share your invoice number otherwise not authorized people can use your unity purchase information.
    2 - Do not kill the server :D please download the file one time only, but if you do need it again wait at least one hour.
    3 - The file is compressed with 7-zip, if you don't have it, download it here: http://www.7-zip.org/
    4 - The version you are about to download is not a final release, it will have allot of bugs so you don't need to freak out.
    5 - If you guys use it the right way I promise to keep it alive until next year.

With that said, this version is just a preview of the new features, so yes it will have allot of bugs, I'll describe some of them:

* Melee locomotion not sideways movement (even sprint is not ready)
    * Crouching is not done
    * Cover while crouching is not good enough
    * Shoot from cover is extremely buggy (no worries I know why)
    * Shoot from cover while crouching pfff :confused: you know right? (it kinda work, but need some adjustments)

"But hey, if it's not ready why do you release it?" Are you crazy?:D
    - Well I like to share it with you guys, and I also could not wait to let you guys see the new features sorry haha.

What happen next?
    - I'll be updating it tomorrow, fixing bugs, making things better, you know the drill. So when I have updates I'll upload to the server and let you guys know, and when I think it's time I'll send it to UT never land, but you all would have updated it already :rolleyes:

http://www.stiffix.info/

At the website there's two tabs
    First use the second one, to register your invoice and email to receive the link
    After that every time you need to download go for first tab.

Have fun

40. Venged

Venged

Do I upload my paypal receipt or is there way to download the unity invoice from Unity? Is the Unity invoice the email that sent me after the purchase?

Thanks!

41. Stiffx

Stiffx

Yes is the invoice number from unity the one you receive from email

42. Venged

Venged

I found the invoice in my email. This the first time I ever ready teh attachment. I saved them all in a folder on gmail:)

Thanks for quick attention. The PM you sent me helped:)

Thanks

Stiffx likes this.
  43. Stiffx

Stiffx

You are very welcome

44. Venged

Venged

Downloaded! Great service! Thanks!

Stiffx likes this.
  45. Venged

Venged

I just tried TPSA for the first time. Excellent!!!!!!!!

Stiffx likes this.
  46. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thats great... thank you

47. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

I tried registering my invoice number at your download server a few hours ago, and I got the message telling me to check my email, but I haven't received anything yet. You sure it's working? And yes, I entered the correct email address.
    Cheers.

48. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @wheelbarrow I'm sure it's working, I've tested it allot and you see @Venged got it working too. Maybe the email is in your spam folder or something like that. Anyway send me a PM with your invoice code I'll check it out

49. stslavik

stslavik

Just FYI, you can also grab your invoice number from your asset store account (Don't need to track down the receipt email):

Click your account image in the upper right, then click "edit account". On the left of the new screen, click click "credit card/paypal transactions" and scroll down until you find the purchase with "TPSA - Third Person Shooter Template" listed. The line that says "#XXXXXXXXXX" is your invoice number.

@Stiffx Great asset. Really enjoying tearing through it and getting familiar; really only just started to look into it, but very impressive so far.

Stiffx likes this.
  50. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey @stslavik thanks for the info :) and I'm glad you like it, I'll try my best to bring some new changes today.