Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] TPSA - Third Person Shooter System (template)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stiffx, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What additional pack would you like to see in TPSA?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
  1. Enemy AI Shooter

44.4%
  2. Friend AI (like sherry from Resident evil 4)

55.6%
  1. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there guys, that's really sad it has been more than 7 days now that I've uploaded the pack, but still no answer from unity,I was talking to some of the users here and I'll try to setup a update system outside unity to support new updates faster. But still UT is like a ghost to me now. :(

2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You can try to send a message to the asset store team and see if something went wrong with the queue... sometimes you have to re submit unfortunately....

3. Stiffx

Stiffx

Yes like the initial version I had to re-up the pack, but like I said they don't answer my emails. As soon as i finish smoe touches at the version 1.3 I'll be releasing the update alternative.

4. f1chris

f1chris

Probably a good idea. Something like major updates through asset store but the rest through an alternative ?

Stiffx likes this.
  5. Stiffx

Stiffx

Something like that, I'll try to find a way that does not cost me to upload the files and validate your purchase so you can download the files.

6. r3ndesigner

r3ndesigner

Hey stiffx thanks for the audio foot component, really awesome, u are the best.

Stiffx likes this.
  7. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey there @r3ndesigner I'm glad you like it. Cheers

8. JouTaino45

JouTaino45

I see the template has been updated, I am downloading it right now. I will give you feedback on it :)

Stiffx likes this.
  9. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey there, thanks for the info. Unity did not sent me an email about the update approval so thanks for that.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

downloaded the latest version. that's pretty cool. there is still something you might want to look into though. When you move forward and have the move right key pressed at the same time, if you press roll then the character rolls right
    if you have forward and left and then press roll it rolls forward ( which sounds like a normal behavior). I think this needs to be addressed: forward plus right while rolling should let him rolls forward. Not sure what needs to be done here maybe adding some kind of threshold, people might use sticks controller etc so in most cases forward alone or right, left won't be the only inputs.

Stiffx likes this.
  11. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thanks @rosor, that's an interesting point. My intention is to let you guys have this kind of thoughts and make your own modifications to suit your needs. I'm trying really hard to add as many features I can so you guys can take minimum changes to have your project alive fast. So I'll take a look at this in near future, I'm adding the other great stuff right now that's why I'll not look into it "right now" to not loose the focus. But if you try to modify it please feel free to post your solution and we can discuss about it, maybe you can bring me a solution that works for everybody and could be included at the next update.

Anyways thank you

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I wish I could do anything code related... I'm more like a tester for that kind of stuff. I understand you want to add the new features, no worries. I just brought that up because I think it's something that can be assimilated as a "fix" since from left to right the roll doesn't have the same behavior. It's something minor so I'm pretty sure you can do that easily once you're done with these new features

Stiffx likes this.
  13. Stiffx

Stiffx

Yes of course, you can be sure about that. So stay with me I'll try my best to make this pack the most flexible as possible.
    And thank you for understanding my concern on the new features, once it's ready we can talk about those small issues for good. :)

14. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

can you please tell me how to get my controller to work with this? (xbox 360 or logitech dual action controller)

15. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there,
    this is a very generic question, did you try to change anything at the scripts? what have you tried?

Anyways you must have the (xbox 360 or logitech dual action controller) working in unity and set your Input settings before changing the scripts.

For example:

I'm using the code bellow for melee attack
    Code (csharp):
    1. Input.GetButton("Fire1")
    So you need to go to input settings and change Fire1 to your controller button. The same goes for Y and X axis.

16. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey there guys, here's a screen shot of what I'm working on for the next update.

snackzilla likes this.
  17. radiantboy

radiantboy

Just bought this, it's a very nice system, I will probably use it for some stealth missions :) (Creeping/Sneaking would be a cool addition to this asset) I really like the way he takes cover behind the walls etc, nice work! Would be cool if he could take cover behind the lower ones too. One thing I noticed is the guns don't all appear, it might be because I'm using Unity5. They fire fine, but no mesh shows.

Stiffx likes this.
  18. blackbird

blackbird

@radiantboy i have same issue with 4.6 its not unity 5 fault but one thing for sure stiffx will fix that quickly so don t worry about that ^^

Stiffx likes this.
  19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I think the guns that don't are some assets that come from other publishers from the asset store and therefore can't be included in this package.
    Under cover behind lower obstacles is a pretty cool addition to my opinion as well.

Stiffx likes this.
  20. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you for your purchase. About the missing weapons you can take a look at the Readme file at the package, it contains the link to download the weapons the same at the thread´s first page:
    Some of the weapons used in this project was found in here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14233

About the cover for lower obstacles @radiantboy and @rosor are talking about, they will be avalible next update. By the way the next update will take a little bit more time because im adding so much thing to it, but I really hope you guys like it.

Anyways thank you all

21. Stiffx

Stiffx

Also, I´ll add some changes to fit unity 5 version, so please stay with me guys. :)

22. DanielKW

DanielKW

Stiffx likes this.
  23. radiantboy

radiantboy

I really love how once you buy an asset you can see and help it evolve, in this case I think Stiffx knows what he is doing it just takes time. But if you want any suggestions of course ask, creeping would also be cool, be sure to youtube "manhunt" this is a way I wish to use you amazing asset :)

Stiffx likes this.
  24. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hey there thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to take a look at it.

Thank you, I love all the ideas I'm just focused right now to the road map I've established. So like I said to @rosor once I finish the 1.3 version we can talk about the next steps of the pack. But thank you anyway it's always nice to hear about what you guys think :)

snackzilla and blackbird like this.
  25. redchurch

redchurch

How do I buy this? The "buy" button in the store is not available because it says it needs to be updated to Unity 4.6.1.

26. redchurch

redchurch

Nevermind, I was able to do it through website, Asset Store in the Unity editor has been behaving strange lately.

27. blackbird

blackbird

you need unity 4-6.1 to download the package

28. drewradley

drewradley

I'm playing around with this package but can't seem to find how to make it reload. The "WhileReloading" function doesn't seem to work or maybe I just don't get how to use the BulletBoxCount. Also, I see no reload animations. Is that missing? I tried to set up my own reload and it does reload guns when they are empty but it does it instantly with no animations. I can't seem to figure out how to set it up to animate when reloading (or make it pause for that matter but I can do that with a simple timer or set it up to use a yield). Is that coming later or am I just blind?

29. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there @drewradley ,

The reloading animations is coming next version (1.3), for now the WhileReloading restores the MaxBullets if your weapon has BulletBoxCount > 0. I suggest you to wait until I finish the animations, but if you still want to try just create a coroutine to yield while the animation is playing, I would use a boolean var to mark that the player is reloading.

Thank you

blackbird likes this.
  30. drewradley

drewradley

Well, since I haven't started a project with it yet, I'll just wait until the reloading is done.

Stiffx likes this.
  31. Earthsnake

Earthsnake

Hi, in your asset scene example, you have zombie as an enemy, what if we want to add another non-humanoid enemies? for example like dinosaurs (like the one on your vids), how to add animations and adjust it to the zombie behavior?

Thanks

32. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there,

It's the same logic as the zombie behavior.
    States: Idle, Seek, Attack and Die. If you create the Animator Controller with your custom animations you'll just have to use the same variable names like: Speed, Attack, Die, etc.. Other than that it's up to you decide how the script works.
    Try to change it, and if you still have difficult to do it let me know.

PS: Just to let you know, the zombie behavior is the dinosaur behavior script modified :)

33. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there guys, here's a video update about the character movement.
    * Now you can move both sides and still rotate the char with camera

I hope you enjoy it.

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

looks butter smooth. Good job! :)

Stiffx likes this.
  35. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you @rosor

36. DanielKW

DanielKW

@Stiffx

I thought of another idea. I really think the template needs a shoulder switch for the weapons like in this video

AT 17:40

You see in the video the character switches shoulders with his weapon so his body is covered by the wall.

Stiffx likes this.
  37. f1chris

f1chris

@Stiffx

cool new features coming soon
    Do you have something submitted already?
    If not any idea when the next update will be online?

Thx

Stiffx likes this.
  38. Stiffx

Stiffx

Great idea thanks for sharing. I need to finish my road map, but as soon as I finish it I'll consider this and some of other nice ideas. Thank you

Not yet, I'm replacing the movement controller to add those new animations (it's not done yet) there's still Running side movements to do (Animations too). Believe me or not the loops animations are the most painful. Anyways as soon as I have something solid with this new features I'll release a update by dropbox or something else for you guys to download while unity takes for ever to update :)

Thank you

39. Stiffx

Stiffx

Ohh I forgot to mention, now we have "press shift to run" too.

40. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there guys, here's a video update:

Walk and run sideways + Sprint and slide.

"Also you can run while aiming too"

I hope you guys like it

snackzilla likes this.
  41. Stiffx

Stiffx

Update:
    New roll right and left animation, smooth aimed running animations + bug fix.

@rosor I think I've solved the roll problem, now you can roll the side you want even Left/Right forward (90 degree).
    And the roll side is instantaneously triggered. The problem was because I was using my Horizontal and Vertical speed variables and they increase by time, now when you choose the side it just checks if there's a minimum vertical or horizontal pressed.
    :)

snackzilla likes this.
  42. snackzilla

snackzilla

Man, I get more and more pumped for this pack with every update video. So glad I got in on the ground floor of this awesome asset. Stiffx, you're doing amazing work my friend!

Stiffx likes this.
  43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey, left a comment yesterday. Looks like it didn't go through. .. just to say that all looks better and better at each new update. Keep it up.

Stiffx likes this.
  44. Stiffx

Stiffx

I'm really glad you guys like the new updates, you are all very kind, @snackzilla wait to see what's coming next.

Many thanks guys

45. Stiffx

Stiffx

hey hey new Update:

Reload weapon animation (the reload uses upper body mask so you can reload while walking or running)

@drewradley here's what I've promised

snackzilla likes this.
  46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sweet. :)

Stiffx likes this.
  47. eridani

eridani

When you roll, does the character collider get smaller, so that bullets/attacks can go over your body?

48. Stiffx

Stiffx

hmm not yet, i did it only for sliding but i don't think it's that hard to do that at rolling.

49. Stiffx

Stiffx

Last update from weekend... Shoot/Reload from cover

snackzilla likes this.
  50. eridani

eridani

Can he shoot from the left side while in cover?