Search Unity

[RELEASED] TPSA - Third Person Shooter System (template)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stiffx, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What additional pack would you like to see in TPSA?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
  1. Enemy AI Shooter

44.4%
  2. Friend AI (like sherry from Resident evil 4)

55.6%
  1. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Lol yea I bought this to help me learn how to set up an AI and stuff from scratch, just need more info is all I am asking.

2. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

of curse iam new on Game Dev.And i understand that is no easy but i think it is not to mutch for us, to write a text like sry i working on this and i cant update this on time,more infos would be great for us,
    on what status are is the project at the time,what will be fixes at time and so one.i think that would be better as all 10-20 days a lifesign in this forum from him.

3. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

It ain't a video, but try it out...

I am about to do another AI character. I have done about a dozen so far. Here are the steps that I follow:
    Bring your FBX character into the scene. In this case, it is Zjames4 for me.
    • Select the BigZombie character and expand his hierarchy until you can see:
    • BZ L Foot
    • BZ R Foot
    • BZ L Hand
    • BZ R Hand
    • BZ Head
    Do the same heirarchy expansion for your target (new) character.
    Go through each body part above and copy the components that are assigned to each.

BigZombie has a Transform (ignore it), an Animator, A Rigidbody, Sphere Collider, Nav Mesh, and TPSA_AI_Big Zombie Behavior Script attached at the root object (BigZombie).
    James on the other hand, has a Transform, and a BLANK Animator.

Select James (your model) and click on the little dot to the right of the Controller field.
    Select Assets in the pop-up, and find Big_Zombie_AI.
    Select the BigZombie and right click on the Rigidbody component. Choose “copy component”.
    Select James, and right click on his Animator component. Choose “paste component as new”.
    Select BigZombie again. Right click on the Sphere Collider component. Copy.
    Select James. Right click on the Rigidbody, and select Paste component as new again.
    Repeat until you have copied all of the various components to all of the required body parts.

On the feet, it is important after all of the components have been placed on them, to alter them for each particular model. Otherwise, when he walks, the footsteps will be sounded from the BIGZOMBIE’S location.

On your new model, open the TPSA_AI_Footsteps Sounds component.
    Select the model’s left or right foot, and drag and drop it onto the Foot Collider box.
    Do the same for the Foot Audio Source box.
    Nothing changes on the audio source component.

One thing I do different is to place a collider on each hand and set them to trigger. BigZombie has a collider on his left forearm, as that is where his weapon is attached. I don't know if it should be a trigger, Seems logical though it is not by default.
    Copy the TPSA_AI_Zombie Weapon Attack script to the hand or arm that your character will use as a weapon limb location.

I give the character a RagDoll using the menu item at the top, GameObject->3D Object->Ragdoll. This adds rigidbody and collider elements where they are needed. (I hope at some point I can use these colliders to do hit detection.)

Finally, go back to the root object for your model, and un-collapse the TPSA_AI_Big Zombie Behavior script that you pasted earlier. Tweak any settings you want for detection, health, etc. Change the Waypoints field, unless you want all of your zombies to patrol the same route. (You will have to create another waypoint element.)

Make sure that the tags and layers are set up the same as the BigZombie!! He should be Enemy, and set on the PuzzleLayer in my Prefab. All of his sub-components appear to be on the IgnoreRaycast layer.

That should do it. Works for me!
    Mark

4. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

I'm trying to add a "SpawnWall" feature, as in CoD. You know, zombies are blocked from entering an area using wooden plank barriers on the windows, so they spend time breaking them down. If they are on the outside, they can now enter, and assume a different waypoint set as their target. You can pick 'em all off while they are busy busting in, and use "E" to repair the boards. There is a tutorial for making a CoD clone, but I just want that one feature.
    (
    )
    The logic seems to me that if the player is not detected, and if its patrol-route takes it into a collider with the label "SpawnWall", trigger attack animations aimed at the spawnwall object until it has zero boards left. Then continue on patrol.

Any ideas as to which scripts to modify, where to insert code elements, or is this something that I could expect in the 1.4 update?

Mark

Pandur1982 likes this.
  5. blackbird

blackbird

every week i read he will uptaded but later no updates... i just give up

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Pandur1982 likes this.
  6. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@Mad_Mark

You can use this scripts and give the Zombie it,and for damage give him the Zombie Weapon Attack script from TPSA,but it is hard to make new function in TPSA,see i at time i will bring a Horse (mounting) in this,at time i can sit on the Horse and ride a littel but i have the problem when i look right my player on the horse rotate right and the horse look foward.

all what can we do is waiting for update,and hope thats came and it give new functions for us,like swiming and climb on leader and many many fixes but we will wait and see.

7. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

8. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

9. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

if any of the TPSA-Users were able to reproduce the aiming error where you aim to the highest or lowest possible point and then suddenly the characters X,Z rotations get messed up EVEN with frozen PhysicsConstraints... (also very good visible on the Editor while playing!)
    if found a quick solution, but dont know if this effects something else yet...
    in TPSA_PlayerController.cs change in the void ProcessCharacterRotation (around line 430)
    this line:
    rotation = new Quaternion(PTransform.rotation.x, PCamera.MCamera.rotation.y, PTransform.rotation.z, PCamera.MCamera.rotation.w);
    Into this: rotation = new Quaternion(0, PCamera.MCamera.rotation.y, 0, PCamera.MCamera.rotation.w);

10. blackbird

blackbird

and another week without update really disappointed but it's useless to complain here

Pandur1982 likes this.
  11. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

so my update here in one week,Riding on TPSA :D

So I think this will be my Last Update since I decided to build myself with Playmaker a controller. I am annoyed that I bought TPSA at all, because it does not properly and then only half. The support is underground and are not updated in April, we will soon have August. It can not be that we need to help each other, do not get me wrong, I like to help but this is not a mod of any one game but an asset for which we have all paid for and did not get what is in the description. The other TPS controllers is significantly further than TPSA and with AI and inventory everything that is not really going to win you any new casher.I think will show the days to two versions of a video TSPA make what works and what does not so that at the end do not need to annoy people more money to spent on TPSA. And because of time and need not say what, in 3 months other people write a new controller and here simply nothing happens, it can not be true to me. I wonder if even a major update with all fixes and things that were promised appears or the whole is here dead.

blackbird likes this.
  12. Solstar

Solstar

Hi all,
    downloaded the version from the website and I get the following error that prevents compiling:

namespace: 'global already contains a definition for TPSA_PickPosition'

The store version doesn't fully work in the latest unity 4 and the one downloaded doesn't work in unity 5...Am I missing something?

13. rbm123

rbm123

hi
    srry my english is not good
    thanks for this great package. I have problems in using package.
    I'm using unity 5.0.1 and TPSA 1.2 - i'm from iran and i can't directly buy from assets store! so I payed to a software company and they bught for me!
    when i add the character to the scene it gives me these errors! all about zombie Ai but didnt add zombie!
    Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(450,31): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.GameObject.collider' is obsolete: `Property collider has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Collider>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)
    Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(450,17): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Component' to `UnityEngine.Collider'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)
    Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(555,13): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Component.rigidbody' is obsolete: `Property rigidbody has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Rigidbody>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)
    Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(555,23): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Component' does not contain a definition for `isKinematic' and no extension method `isKinematic' of type `UnityEngine.Component' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

2- is there any guide to use this package? like how to add guns to character and how to change character?
    Like the guide in Reallstic FPS which describe all the options!
    Thnaks

14. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

I can only recommend everyone what I have done and that the writing support and ask for your money back. you can see the the controller only has bugs and bring problems to it so use as described is not possible! The promised update 2 weeks ago is just like the author himself out of sight. For all TPSA does not buy it annoys you only have to mangelden support and massive error.

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

last seen 17 days ago... Frankly, I'm pretty disappointed as well. I had really good feeling and hope for this asset. I guess I'll have to update my review on the Asset Store to reflect the development state of this package. I hate to say that but there is a really nice controller that I've been following for weeks now. It's now out of beta and definitely looks solid and user friendly. I decided to get this asset because back in the day, it looked a little bit more advanced and polished that the other one but now it's the total opposite.
    Summary: disappointment... :(

16. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

is indeed sad the whole but I find it pretty wicked that we are still so lied to the update, etc, and then here to start a survey what you want what kind of AI, I would have a ai served the works. Be it did drum, as I know Yesterday it that is probably so his scam ... he had also previously made under another name, and since the people ripped off his HP. see here http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/release-zombie-survivor-game-template.169773/ and if you ever feel like you just give YouTube fano_linux and when you see there? Mr. Steffano ... The funny thing is that 2 days before the char a new offline TPS asset was published is the same animations and so uses tcha ... who knows.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  17. hitking100

hitking100

So he jumped ship again ? What a surprise :D

Just be on the lookout for a fresh 3rd person template from a brand new developer, if he hasn't done it already.

Luckily i forwarded my complaint to the Unity legal department, so this fraudster is already under scrutiny.

18. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

@ Pandur1982: What is a "new offline TPS asset" and where to find "it" ??

19. hitking100

hitking100

20. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

thanks hitking, but @Pandur1982: Same animations?? Where do you look, the whole TPS assets looks completely different. Im not saying that he can not write a whole new system, but even the language on the "new" asset is turkish, where his original language seems to be portugese...
    Guys, have a little more patience, maybe he is on vacation, after all its vacationtime :)

Edit: i have to admit that it looks odd if you search for fano_linux and it appears to be the same guy who left his previous project...

21. hitking100

hitking100

It's the same guy Chris, i'm not joking. I even found old remains of his previous project next to the TPSA ones on his YouTube Account. If you look on page 8 of this thread, you can see me there already warning people about this scenario.

And on vacation ? It looks like he has been on vacation since 1.3 came out + any serious dev would always warn his customers of his temporary leave of abscence. The exact same thing happened with his Zombie Template, while he was supposedly "busy" with making it mecanim compatible.

+ he bolts again and just a few days before that this new tps dev creates his account. Coincidence ? But seriously, what are the odds of that happening with just a few days in between ?

22. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Thanks will try it, still waiting on the update tho but all the same thanks for taking the time to lay it out will give it a try when I have time.

23. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Whether it is the same or not play for me to time does not matter, this is about the TPSA asset and therefore what I think should give me any right not working as it is in the description of the asset regardless of whether the shop or here. Bearing in mind that we do not talk about 2 weeks but no update from April to the last until today, we can still say that a the bugs not the TPSA were fixed so as to work in the description and the other is the support atrocious. and again reported above error messages etc. I have no problem that someone goes on vacation and therefore but an update is shifting again, we're not talking about a Fanmod but of an asset (goods) for which the seller has received the money without bringing the promised performance.

24. muhammadadilumar

muhammadadilumar

Hey guys, i need your help, I want to make a shooter enemy for this TPSA character, and i'm using SHOOTER AI 2x from the assets store for the AI, everything is just done and working perfectly but one thing is wrong that when i hit the AI he wont die/lose health and when the AI hits the player it wont die too, in simple words the player and AI aren't getting any damage, please help me fixing these scripts, i don't know very much about it, i shall be very thankful to you for your help :)

25. drewradley

drewradley

You need to dig through the code of each and figure out what each of their damage - both dealing and receiving - and edit one or both of them to call the correct functions. I know that TPSA uses "ReceiveDamage(TPSA_Damage dmg)" so you will have to figure out how to change that (TPSA_Damage dmg) to just a number or figure out how to get the AI to use the TPSA_Damage script. It's not that difficult but if you don't have much experience in coding, it may be beyond you. I don't have that AI so I can't give you much more help.

26. julianr

julianr

can't download latest build from his website either... hopefully he has not vanished and will produce an update soon.

27. Archania

Archania

Just tried it and am downloading 1.3.7 version.

28. julianr

julianr

Was that the v5 download link?

29. Archania

Archania

Sorry. Yes it was.

julianr likes this.
  30. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

what mistakes he tells you because when downloading or where is the problem?

31. rbm123

rbm123

what should i do for this errors?

Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(450,31): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.GameObject.collider' is obsolete: `Property collider has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Collider>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)
    Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(450,17): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Component' to `UnityEngine.Collider'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)
    Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(555,13): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Component.rigidbody' is obsolete: `Property rigidbody has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Rigidbody>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)
    Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/AI/TPSA_AI_ZombieBehaviour.cs(555,23): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Component' does not contain a definition for `isKinematic' and no extension method `isKinematic' of type `UnityEngine.Component' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

32. drewradley

drewradley

The first and the third error tell you pretty much what you need to do to solve them and chances are when you do, the other errors will go away. Just go into the code where it tells you and replace the code it tells you to replace with the code it tells you to use. i.e UnityEngine.GameObject.collider to GetComponent<Collider>() . It probably won't say "UnityEngine.GameObject" but it will be some variable. I don't have it currently installed so I can't tell you exactly what the variable is

33. Solstar

Solstar

The creator replied to me twice in an email and made some suggestions on how to get the package to work, which it did.
    It is still missing things it ought to have, but I he is working on an update.

34. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

yes exactly to the update which should appear before 2 weeks: D

35. blackbird

blackbird

keep dreaming lol

36. rbm123

rbm123

**srry for mu English**
    I ask somewhere else and they said that TPSA 1.2 is scripted for unity 4.6 and the codes are changed in unity 5 so you should change all the scripts!!! but I don't know what has been changed!
    If I give you this script can you please help me?
    just tell me what should I change

37. blackbird

blackbird

to download the unity5 package , you have to download it from stiffix.info

38. drewradley

drewradley

Sorry, I don't have time but if you ask questions here, I will try to answer them as best I can.

39. julianr

julianr

I've tried downloading unity 5 package via the website, enter my invoice number and it sends me an email but download link doesn't work, it cannot find the file.

40. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

I'm sorry you a few days it is not possible more of the HP the old version to load themselves down, what remains is the version of the Asset Store ... as you see is the author of the asset are no longer been online longer and also responds to any PM or emails that have been sent in the last few weeks ... as you have also noticed you get no support in the forum, you are welcome to all pages of thread to read ... it is best to still a video make and upload it to YouTube and show us your problem, maybe then someone can help you more.

41. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Was able to download the Unity 5 version fine, weapon models are included, a new AI lvl is in there. Wither or not the AI is easier to duplicate and or change I have not tried yet but the latest Unity 5 from the site works for me.

Wither or not he is maintaining it anymore am passing no judgement but the kit overall has what I need and will try based on posts to adapt a new AI to it.

I have a screen shot of the new AI level and the inventory system working. Not trying to prove anything but if by chance he is still working on it wanted to show some positives on the thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    julianr likes this.
  42. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

is true, the inventory goes and duplicating the ai also adjust the own models as ai already looks different. Sure there is the question what you want to do with it for an adventure it should be enough with a couple of fight scenes, for a correct 3rd person shooter but by far not, at least not if you put on quality value.

here's a video on the following bugs:

Physica Object / Bullets will make no damge on AI but on Player
    Sliding in the air not on the ground
    with weapon animation glitches
    push objects and jump are not cool roll the crates back: D
    on Crouch collider will not change from high

43. blackbird

blackbird

the slide never worked for me i don t even know with which button i can do it

44. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

run and space ;)

45. blackbird

blackbird

i did that before and never worked lol

46. muhammadadilumar

muhammadadilumar

if i give you the scripts then can you edit them for me pls ? i don't have much experience on coding :(

47. drewradley

drewradley

48. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

Physics Object will make damage on both, if the player is too close to the explosion - true, but Bullets hurt the player?
    I never experienced that - make sure to give the enemy the layer enemy and the player has the player layer. Im not sure anymore, but if else false - try to find the setting where you can actually tell to TPSA what layers the player can hit, there you can disable the player-layer! I think i did that, just to be sure.

49. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Now in the video is the original demo scene from 1.3 and I have there nothing in it changed, the Physic Game Object does not work in 1.2 and 1.3 also I have not already said.

50. muhammadadilumar

muhammadadilumar

can just someone help me with my health scripts of TPSA please ? i shall we very thankful to him/her i'm almost new to Unity 3D and i don't know much about the scripts, my whole game is ready i just need to fix these enemy and my player health script if someone please help me in it i really really appreciate his/her skills and shall be very thankful to you :)