Search Unity

[RELEASED] TPSA - Third Person Shooter System (template)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stiffx, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What additional pack would you like to see in TPSA?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
  1. Enemy AI Shooter

44.4%
  2. Friend AI (like sherry from Resident evil 4)

55.6%
  1. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

I just opened the DemoHospital scene, and after regenerating the NavMesh, it runs, but I get the following errors.

You need to set the TPSA_IKArmSolver Component.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    TPSA_PlayerController:Awake() (at Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/Player/TPSA_PlayerController.cs:146)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    TPSA_PlayerGUI.Update () (at Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/Player/TPSA_PlayerGUI.cs:82)
    (This one repeats continuously.)

The other scenes all seem to work, no errors. Any idea why this might be happening on just this one scene?

Cheers,
    Mark

2. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

He is working on a full update 1.4 thats going to have a lot of stuff fixed but am sure he will say that, he answers question here weekly.

3. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

I think I fixed the IKArmSolver issue by following the NEW character creation video rather than the old one. Just needed to add the IKarmLeft/Right and drop them into the slots.

Absolutely no idea what is the problem with the player GUI barfing up bits of ArrayIndex.

Also noticed that my newly created character (granddaughter #1) is left leaning in one direction or another if I aim and move then come out of aiming. Ideas?

Finally, I have added a small zombie model, and by copying the setup of BigZombie, have gotten him animated, seeking, and attacking my character. He doesn't seem to take damage though, and id something blocks his path, he attacks over it, and that pops him further and further into the obstacle, eventually popping through it. If the character backs off out of reach, he is instantly pulled back into his blocked by obstacle position. Is there a video for setting up an enemy?

Mark

4. Colossalrider45

Colossalrider45

Hello,Guys TPSA
    Allow Script Make Way in Picture No?
    The script I Ask For example Pas Kill enemies Exit Game Characters By Over / Repeat at Level Tadi

TPSA Alone Not Include, so hard to Help Build Script

And One More Help Request Email TPSA official

5. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hello all so i have buy TPSA and thats great but i have Problems with Scene switching ,i have made a Video that you see better the Problems (sry for my english)

i hope you can help me.

here is my script

Code (JavaScript):
    1. /*
    2. DoorController.js - wirted by ThunderWire Games * Script for Door Open/Close and Locked/Jammed
    3. */
    4. #pragma strict
    5. @HideInInspector
    6. public var Pressed : boolean = false;
    7. @HideInInspector
    8. var isOpen : boolean = false;
    9. var Reticle : GUICrosshair;
    10. var isLocked : boolean = false;
    11. var isJammed : boolean = false;
    12. var SpawnPoint: Transform;
    13. var sceneIndex : int = 0;
    15. private var guiShow : boolean = false;
    17. /* DOOR TEXTS in CLASS */
    18. class DoorTextClass {
    19. var DoorLockedText : String = "The Door is Locked find Key";
    20. var DoorJammedText : String = "The Door is Jammed";
    21. }
    22. var DoorText : DoorTextClass = new DoorTextClass ( ) ;
    23. /* DOOR SOUNDS in CLASS */
    24. class DoorSoundsClass {
    25. var PlayDoorSound : boolean;
    26. var DoorOpenSound : AudioClip;
    27. var DoorCloseSound : AudioClip;
    28. var LockedJammedSound : boolean;
    29. var DoorLocked : AudioClip;
    30. var DoorJammed : AudioClip;
    31. }
    32. var DoorSounds : DoorSoundsClass = new DoorSoundsClass ( ) ;
    33.     function Open() {
    34.         Pressed = true;
    35.         if(DoorSounds.LockedJammedSound == true){
    36.             if(isLocked){
    37.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().clip = DoorSounds.DoorLocked;
    38.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().Play();
    39.             }
    40.             if(isJammed){
    41.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().clip = DoorSounds.DoorJammed;
    42.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().Play();
    43.             }
    44.         }
    45.         if(isOpen == false && isLocked == false && isJammed == false){
    46.       yield WaitForSeconds(0.5);
    47.           var fadeTime: float = GameObject.Find("Fade").GetComponent(Fade).BeginFade(1);
    49.    yield WaitForSeconds(fadeTime);
    52.            Application.LoadLevel(sceneIndex);
    54.            gameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player").transform.position = SpawnPoint.position;
    60.             //GetComponent.<Animation>().Play("DoorOpen");
    61.             if(DoorSounds.PlayDoorSound){
    62.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().clip = DoorSounds.DoorOpenSound;
    63.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().Play();
    64.             }
    65.             isOpen = true;
    66.         }
    67.     }
    69.     function Close(){
    70.         Pressed = true;
    71.         if(DoorSounds.LockedJammedSound == true){
    72.             if(isLocked){
    73.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().clip = DoorSounds.DoorLocked;
    74.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().Play();
    75.             }
    76.             if(isJammed){
    77.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().clip = DoorSounds.DoorJammed;
    78.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().Play();
    79.             }
    80.         }
    81.         if(isOpen == true && isLocked == false && isJammed == false){
    82.          //   GetComponent.<Animation>().Play("DoorClose");
    83.             if(DoorSounds.PlayDoorSound){
    84.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().clip = DoorSounds.DoorCloseSound;
    85.                 GetComponent.<AudioSource>().Play();
    86.             }      
    87.             isOpen = false;
    88.         }
    89.     }
    91.     function WaitPressed() {
    92.         if(Pressed == true){
    93.             yield WaitForSeconds(2);
    94.             Pressed = false;
    95.         }
    96.     }
    98.     function OnGUI(){
    99.         if(Pressed && isLocked == true && isJammed == false)
    100.         {
    101.             GUI.Label(Rect(Screen.width /2 -62.5, Screen.height /2 + 50, 200, 100), DoorText.DoorLockedText);
    102.             WaitPressed();
    103.         }
    105.         if(Pressed && isJammed == true && isLocked == false)
    106.         {
    107.             GUI.Label(Rect(Screen.width /2 -62.5, Screen.height /2 + 50, 200, 100), DoorText.DoorJammedText);
    108.             WaitPressed();
    109.         }
    110.     }

6. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there, please make a video to show us what you mean, it's easier. :)

Hi there,

First of all, you must fix all of the code errors you got. I can tell from the video that you have a Null Exception, it might cause other functionality to no to work properly. And please if you can code in C# rather than Unity Script.

Cheers

7. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Umm, yeah. Tell you what. I will create a new level from scratch, rather than adding my character to one of the demos, and see if I have any luck. So far, not much has gone right. I will make a video if there are errors or problems. I have tried duplicating all of the parts that make up Character01 in the "Demo" scene using my character, going through every object to catch every reference to Char01 or any of the various GameObjects hasn't worked 100%. I get no errors, but for some reason, the weapons don't show up when they are collected. They show up on the table, and my character sets up her arms appropriately, but I have to manually enable each weapon in the editor for them to be visible. Yes, I imported the Modern Weapons package. I have created a new prefab with all of the MW prefabs and Lhand, Flash, etc. in them.

Mark

8. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

I created a new scene. Nothing in it. Followed the instructions on YouTube (
    ) with these inputs:
    upload_2015-7-5_17-14-23.png

and get the following error, followed by a series of others. The player has a complete TPS_Aim Controller, and the TPSA_Weapon Controller with an empty PCONTROLLER in the editor, I believe that is what is throwing the first error. There is of course no TPSA_Player Controller script attached. This should be more than adequate to recreate and determine the defect. This happens every time. I will do what I always do and fill in the missing parts on the player character and camera elements.

A little help here please??

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable Player of TPSA_CharacterSetup has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the Player variable of the TPSA_CharacterSetup script in the inspector.
    TPSA_CharacterSetup.OnWizardUpdate () (at Assets/TPS_AIM/Scripts/Editor/TPSA_CharacterSetup.cs:105)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.ScriptableWizard.InvokeWizardUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/ScriptableWizardBindings.gen.cs:33)
    UnityEditor.ScriptableWizard.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/ScriptableWizardBindings.gen.cs:93)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:185)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:178)
    UnityEditor.HostView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:74)

Mark

9. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hey Stiffx , sry iam not so god in c#,shame on me ;)

But i have found the Problem :D
    this
    Code (JavaScript):
    1.    gameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player").transform.position = SpawnPoint.position;
    to
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. GameObject.Find("Player").transform.position = SpawnPoint.position;
    and this works good :D

But by the way how can i disabel ragdoll?I think this make my problem with rolling and shooting = selfdie.

And on Melee Weapon how can i ad a crosshair? i have put the texture in the field for it,but i have no crosshair on melee attack.
    thx for answer :D

10. blackbird

blackbird

still no update ? did u gave up the project ?

11. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@ blackbird , i think he work on update 1.4 but in the las update are many bugs or problems (animation glitches on step up wall ,mele Weapon = raycast work not so right,animationproblems,ai and so one) i think he will fix that and bring new cool stuff on 1.4 (see here on the thread),friendly ai / and i think firstpersonview (i see in input FPSV off = o ;) )came on next time.so we will wait all :D

Stiffx likes this.
  12. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

Hopefully we can give the camera a sphere collider with adjustable radius, so the camera wont go into every little hole and probably causing visual clipping errors.

Pandur1982 and Stiffx like this.
  13. Stiffx

Stiffx

:eek: no no, I'm still working on it.

Well then, I know that it's taking like forever to get it ready, for that reason I think I'll leave the new character and new animations+new features to the 1.5 version, and go back to the original character, and just upload the script fix. It will be much faster. I've received allot of emails asking if I'm dead, If I gave up, If I'm liar (believe me)... Anyways, since it's taking too long to get it done, I'll just use the old char, old animations with new scripts so you guys can at least have bug fix and use it for good.

I'll try to deliver it by the end of next week, thank you all for your patience and words of encouragement.

All the best

"I'm no giving up of the new features, this is just a fast solution. After that I'll keep on working on the new features."

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Archania and Pandur1982 like this.
  14. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Yeah Man , thats are good news :D

but can you make a update log file ? I have littel changes on the Animator controller,Ai and so one,on the update log i will see what´s files are new and how i must change it with my Game ,thats are big help :D

Stiffx likes this.
  15. Stiffx

Stiffx

Let me update it first, and I'll give it a try

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Pandur1982 likes this.
  16. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Thanks for sticking with it

Stiffx likes this.
  17. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hey Stiffx, i found a other Problem on the Weapons,when i have more weapons from the same type,i see all on my Playerhand.

When i put in WeaponRoot Machete and a Katana,this weapons are melee and i give the machete and katana the id 7 in the weapon script.
    so i start the game and i put the key 1 , i see the machete and the katana,i put key 2 for katana and i see katana and machete modell in the player hand.i think thats the weapon id,can you fix that for multi weapon from same type,i like more melee wepons in my game are sword,machete,katana,axt and so one.

18. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

@Pandur1982, I think you can easily add another melee weapon you just have to give them different weapon IDs. If you give two weapons the same ID its no wonder you see both of them in the players hand.

@Stiffx: BUG 1: when you run forward with shift and W and then you press S for for running back WITHOUT releasing the shift button the character will still run forward!
    BUG 2: When you aim with a weapon (in my case a pistol) and you aim to the lowest possible point and you keep on moving the mouse down, the player will eventually kind of fall to the side. Note that i even but Freeze Rotation (x, y and z) to the rigidbody of my character, but stil it happens.

Pandur1982 likes this.
  19. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@CHris : yes right i have now use 1-7 ok for melee you can use 7-20 and so one ,great idea and thx for it,here the id animation for all :

1 = Pistol
    2 = Rifel
    3 = Rifel
    4 = Rifel
    5 = Sniper
    6 = Rocket
    7 = Melee

20. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I am looking forward to purchasing, thank you for your work.
    I am really unhappy with "TPC" (Third Person Controller, also on the asset store). It uses an upper and a lower animation layer and somehow it is never in sync.
    There is no demo to try your package out, is there?
    I would really like to compare how easy it is to replace animations with my own mocap animations.
    Thank you.

21. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

@hermie, I was in the same position as you are now... tried the TPC and didnt really liked it, found some bugs etc. then I took a shot at this assets, and i can tell im glad I did!
    This asset is probably the best TPS asset. It feels like Max Payne, Mass Effect, Hitman etc.
    Ofcourse its not as perfect as in the game mentioned, but its getting there...i hope! :)

22. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Thank you for your reply. I will first lurk a little because I have read that there some bugs that still need fixing.
    I guess I will try it at version 1.5.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  23. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

i think TPSA is the best Third Person Controller on the store,you can many do with it,Shooter Games or Fantasy RPG ,thast really great an a big tool for a ThirdPersonGame.

See here,thats my Project at time

by the way have some one a idea with the inventory set up?when i take to weapons same type i can only see one in the inventory.

blackbird likes this.
  24. DanielKW

DanielKW

Hey @Stiffix I know your a busy man, but I was wondering, I'm trying to integrate TPSA With Ork Framework, do I have to use your inventory or can Items be decoulped from it and made using ork for example.

25. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

one question how can i make that the rocket launcher take damage on the ai?i use it in version 1.2 and 1.3 on the bzombie,but he take no damage but when i shoot on the ground my player die.when i shoot on ground for the zombie i die and the bigzombie take no damage.I look on the layer :
    on weapon script :
    fire type Physic
    missel : Untaged / Ignore Raycast
    on script (physic fire Object)
    Check layer : Default,Transparent FX,Water,Walkabel,Player,Enemy,Enemy Weapon

When the missel collide with the big zombie he make the hit animation but no damage.

26. Archania

Archania

so looking forward to the update! Keep plugging away at it Stiffix!

27. DownFall

DownFall

Please can anyone help me i duplicated the bosszombie but when i kill 1 of them the other ones attacks dont hurt me please help!

28. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@DownFall

at first rename the duplicate zombie , next check the layer and dont set the duplicate on a empty gameobject and dont make the duplicate to a child.thats make same problems,the ai is bugy at time,when you attack and kill the orginal ,then from time to time came before the duplicate die but you have dont attack him.

29. DownFall

DownFall

But even when shoot him and his crouches after that nothing can hurt me ?

30. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

What version use you? 1.2 or the newest? On your AI?

31. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Hey Pandur1982, can you do a vid on how you set up a new AI? am trying to learn

32. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@Draken Knight

sry i will wait of the new update before i making a vid for the set up,at time is the ai to mutch buggy,when you make a duplicate you became many problems
    * no emtygameobject how the ai model are a child of it = this bring sometimes the Problem that the ai take no damage
    * when you hit the orginal ai model the duplicate Model became sometimes damage (but you have not hit him)
    * the ai will take no damage on physical objects ( in 1.2 from asset store no and from update version no)

i will see what bring the big update at end of the week

when are the ai not fixes i will see to chance for another ai.

33. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

No thats fine, I am just new to the FSM's in unity and would like to see how a setup is done, with this asset would be great so if anyone can that would be awesome

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  34. DownFall

DownFall

35. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

He is working on 1.4 but hope we dont scare him off lol

36. DownFall

DownFall

but in that dudes vid New Character,Inv his AI's were working fine?

37. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

@DownFall, well ofcourse he will only show stuff that is working rather ok, I wouldnt post a promotional video with half stuff not working

38. DownFall

DownFall

But how can i make the other AI's also hit me ?

39. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

wait on the update downfall,or make a vid from your project how we can see your settings from the ai on you enemys.

40. DownFall

DownFall

The Settings are the exact same i didnt change anything i just copied and pasted it

41. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

ok ,

ok check Tags and Layer all are Enemy ?
    check Animator = Avatar and BigZombie Ai?
    check capsule collider = right Position?
    check sphere collider = radius are ok?
    check nav mesh agent = are the set up are good for your model?Have you bake the area?
    check AI script = valid Layers ( Default,Walkabel,Player)
    check capsule collider on Bones when you will use it and no capsule collider.

what weapon type you use Raycast or physical?
    check your player weapon scripts (Melee weapon must have the Melee Weapon Script on your Sword or what ever)

42. DownFall

DownFall

it all correct. but doesnt work still

43. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

and what weapon type raycast or physical,work the demo Scene by you?

44. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, I have seen this TPS and I am making a game that is a third person based BUT WITHOUT the person ;), I mean that is all the same as a third person view, but using a hover car instead of a person, so I wonder if I would be able to use this controller for this or this can be only used for human or character based third person.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

45. DownFall

DownFall

46. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@SpaceRay , i think that will not worked.TPSA use a Animator in the Scripts for moving and shooting.

@DownFall hm make a new project import your old scene files,check playersettings physic.

47. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

so here my update at time be magic Time :D
    I use
    Emerald Animal AI to and it works great for the waypoint system.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  48. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Lol this would be alot easier if we could see some one set it up, I know I been asking but some of us are really new and it would help alot.

I am at the same point as @DownFall, I have the new model, with the AI scripts and walk able layers all set up fine, even the nav mesh baked and it still wont work.

So if some one can show vid setup of their AI would be awesome and would help make this project better.

The existing AI does work in 1.2 for me with the nav mesh but in 1.3 the model and the AI does not seem to care, it just stands there, when I import 1.3 the Big Zombie is all grayed out in the inspector and might be why.

49. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

@Draken Knight
    That is a checklist and no set up for the ai....

The ai is horrible at time,its monday, new week and no update from TPSA ,has he not say end of the last week came it out???

when i spawn more enemys i have the problem the new spawns became all damage when i hit one,have test it out with 10 enemys,i have make 3 hits and all dieing.thats not funny,at the moment i see on TPSA a controller for a third person game but not more,for 2 weeks i have thinking thats awesome but at time i think its more bugy.many features are not working right.the ai is a big probleme,the animationsglitches on step up wall or jump up wall,and physic object not damage,at time TPSA is for walk and run in a new level,and i forgot for one enemy on one level,not more...

And we see many peopel have problems with it.AI and so one.and how big is the support at time???at time i fixe same problems on TPSA in my project.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  50. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

you must be new to Game-Dev right?! In Game Development nothing is easy, a deadline is almost never complied.
    Give him time please!
    and @ Stiffx: Never set yourself deadlines :p