Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

Cool :p, we are making the health item example right now, and v1.3 should be available soon we are almost done ;)
    Loooot's of good changes and improvements, we now have a solid base to start working on the Shooter project.

Btw, here is a gift for you guys! Excellent video

2. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Thank you for this instructive video :)

Invector likes this.
  3. Shadex

Shadex

I Love extra credit... For anyone looking to make a game or wanting to start in gaming it's worth watching almost every one of their video's. They are on the idealist side of things, but their is just so much useful info, and so many good idea's on there.

Invector likes this.
  4. snackzilla

snackzilla

How would one keep from destroying all the scripts and components on a dead AI? I've commented out the entire protected void RemoveComponents() on AIMotor.cs, but they still get removed on death. Is there another script that controls this or am I missing something? And I've FINALLY tied the AI Health to the plyGame controller, it's extremely messy, but it works..mostly. I just need the plyGame controller to handle the actual death so I can assign Exp points accordingly.

5. duniatorga

duniatorga

Incidentally Again Create Game Collect Paper
    I make And Setting Script JS In Prefab Camera and Chara.
    While Fitting In "Play", Arrived Can not Use Good Button Press e or u
    In Part Papers

After Ready of Archive ( Prefab Paper ,Sound And Script) for That Already Have At attachments
    How to fix

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. PIGame

PIGame

LOL I guess this is Google-translated from Chinese to English and what's he trying to say is he's making a Collect Paper game and has some trouble making his "Collect Win" script, the Player can't press E or U to pick up the paper when he arrives.

7. Invector

Invector

If you are using Ragdoll on the enemy, this script also destroy the components after dead.

o_O... uhh.... @duniatorga we usually don't cover support for general coding separated from the template.. .but well... looks like you pick this script somewhere and just attach on the...camera? I see that you are using a raycast to search for the gameobject with tag "Paper", maybe the raycast is stopíng on the Player capsule collider, so maybe it's not the best verification, you can easily do it with OnTriggerEnter instead of Raycast.

snackzilla likes this.
  8. supneo

supneo

Hello @Invector , some progress with Beat Em’ Up template?

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  9. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

I was afraid that my English was worse than I thought - google translate .... ouf :D:cool:

10. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

11. duniatorga

duniatorga

Sorry About Rip english, So Thank You To @PIGame Already helped
    Well I'll answer To @Invector , so just raycast their effect
    Thanks

12. duniatorga

duniatorga

Please Understandably, the New First

13. KillerRose

KillerRose

How i can i change the Tab lock target to right mouse button for aim gun, and when aim turn around the character turn follow in old version . I use button tab to lock target to replace the aim gun in my game shooter, but when stand and turn around i want change it. how can i change Thank you

14. Invector

Invector

Something like this? - it doens't require a whole template, I make this scene in about 5 minutes :p

* new features preview
    - hit damage particle
    - health item example
    - defense with sword
    - hand to hand combat

It's a very cool auto level designer, but what's your question here? just put the controller on the scene and play :p

I'm not sure that I understand your question, but if you want to change the tab button for the mouse, just open your ThirdPersonController and change the inputs on the Lock-on Input, also, remember to change the defense button.

15. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Release it ! Release it NOW !! :eek::eek:

16. PIGame

PIGame

Can you give us some estimated time please cos I'm very patient and not crying at all waiting for 1.3

Malbers, snackzilla and Invector like this.
  17. Invector

Invector

Almoooost done guys :D

All new features are working, we are just testing everything and making sure that runs smoothly.
    It's pretty awesome to play with sounds and effects, basically a hole new experience

kurotatsu, PIGame and snackzilla like this.
  18. snackzilla

snackzilla

I don't suppose you got around to making those health values easier to play with via script, ey? eeeeeeyy? :D

PIGame likes this.
  19. supneo

supneo

Yes!!! :)

20. duniatorga

duniatorga

Wow ,
    There is a feature "Fist", dear No "Firearms"
    Especially Handgun, Shotgun, SMG, and more

But it's okay

21. Invector

Invector

This is the Melee Combat Template, Shooter is comming next ;)

We made a example on how to use a vCharacter component as a non-Invector's Character, this way you can Lock-on, Apply damage, make it a target, and other stuff :)

* Punch and kick animations not included, but you can download for free on mixamo's

Guys, here is the changelog with the list of new stuff comming on v1.3
    (as far as I could remember, there is a lot of stuff lol)

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  22. zenGarden

zenGarden

Good work , this could be used in some beat them ups games.

I have specific questions about the possibility for a Dark Souls like system :
    Can we auto target target nearest ennemies with a button press, and some auto change nearest target when we are on auto target ?
    Could we implement stamina bar by code without breaking the system, that would decrease when we make moves like block ,attack or roll down ?
    Do you included some basic ennemy AI , like random patrol on some zone and detect player with a vision cone range, than switch to pursue and attack mode using navmesh agent ?

23. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I like the vision cone idea.

24. Invector

Invector

But we already have all this stuff on v1.2 o_O - I guess you miss some updates lol
    auto target with a button press is the lock-on by pressing tab
    we also have a stamina bar that consumes when doing actions and we also have a waypoint system to patrol and a detection system

Malbers, zenGarden and kurotatsu like this.
  25. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

IMHO all this features are just awesome, but at the same time makes it really hard to integrate with RPG frameworks like ORK or PlyGame which is a shame when you don´t want just to make a hack´n slash game.

26. PIGame

PIGame

I duplicate about 100+ enemies in my level and the FPS is really low (I delete about 20 and it's ok again), since I'm Unity beginner my question is simple, is duplicating (Ctrl + D) enemies bad? Should I make prefab of an enemy which was set up and then drag that prefab to the scene instead, will that make any difference?

27. zenGarden

zenGarden

Awesome.
    But do you have for example 5 ennemies with a combat ticket system ? You got only 3 fighting the player, while others stay some distance away and just follow the fight and are in wait mode.
    I mean to avoid having some ennemy blocked by another ennemy and still running trying to fight the player.

Will you include patrol around some center point origin within a max distance randomly in any direction ? And ennemies patroling in same area able to wait or avoid another ennemy instead of wlaking against each other ?

This is non sense having 100 ennemies entities in a game until it is a specific optimized RTS Engine.
    You should use some spwaning or som ennemies pooling and only display some 10 nearest ones.

PIGame likes this.
  28. PIGame

PIGame

If only I could do it, lol, I'm an artist so I have no clue, but that's a good suggestion though, I'll do some googling and try, thank you Zen :D

zenGarden likes this.
  29. seanrod

seanrod

Has anyone tried to run a networked multi-player game with these assets?

Sean

30. Shadex

Shadex

check out world streamer or secktr, Both can split up a map and spawn enemy's only when you enter a location. Otherwise just make a trigger that spawns enemy's ahead of the player in the map. Like when you enter a passageway or come to a door it would spawn them in the proceeding rooms.

BBLOCK_Digital and PIGame like this.
  31. PEPE69

PEPE69

you can put four players ?

32. snackzilla

snackzilla

I've successfully integrated the health/stamina for both the player and the AI with plyGame. The Invector Third Person Controller script now pulls its values from the class attributes set by plyGame onStart and syncs them with an onUpdate every frame. So you can still use Invectors AI controller and the damage calculations from the weapon's hitbox like you normally would. Works pretty well, but it was a pain to set up. I've requested that there was an easier method to set these values on the Invector side (because right now, I'm having to use the UI as a go-between), and if that's the case with the 1.3 update coming soon, then I'll reply here or in another thread or PM on how I accomplished it and start working on integration with things like the plyGame inventory.

PIGame, zenGarden and Rusted_Games like this.
  33. Invector

Invector

There is several people that purchase with the idea of integrate multiplayer, some say that is working but they never posted any video footage. After the Shooter Template we may take a look ourselves :)

No co-op yet, but after seeing the beat'n up scene with the companion helping it looks pretty damn awesome lol, who knows :rolleyes:

34. Prefab

Prefab

Looks like you have many great things planned. Maybe in the future, once the shooter template plans are complete, you could consider an action/adventure template with a cover and climbing system.

Hamesh81, macodys, Malbers and 2 others like this.
  35. rbm123

rbm123

hi all

I'm new at unity - this package is Great!

I want to add spell casting ability to this ! the player get XP point by killing enemy and can take/upgrade magical skills in skill tree and use them in battle!
    and somehow using this package for effect
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/23294

how can i do this? do some one did this?
    i'm not going to make a full game! just a scene for my collage project!
    **sorry for my english!

thanks

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Cartoon-Mania likes this.
  36. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

The key to any design/system is to break it into it's smallest parts:

Google, or Youtube:

1. Unity shooting casting
    2. unity Instantiate rigidbodies
    3. unity GUI
    4. Unity Playerprefs (for saving or loading spells)
    5. unity weapon switch
    ect...

I'm sure you get the drift, hope this helps.

37. Invector

Invector

We know that @Cartoon Mania is dying to add spells lol, and we will prepare a simple script to instantiate them on v1.3a ;)

Cartoon-Mania likes this.
  38. rbm123

rbm123

very good!
    But there is some thing important to improve package!(maybe in last pages someone has told this! i didnt read other pages yet ) :
    when player start Engaging with enemy , he should face it to attack and defense! but in package you can turn your face away or your attacks will hit the air and the shield is not usefull ! Its not good for a AAA Game!
    and when player go far from a default distance from enemy the facing become disable!
    if facing become fixed , player can act more in game ! like rolling on attacks as other AAA games.
    my English is not good and I wish you get what I mean!

39. Invector

Invector

I'm not sure what you mean by "facing become disable", but this combat system was inspired by Dark Souls, you can lock-on target, strafe around or switch beetwen targets.

Cartoon-Mania and kurotatsu like this.
  40. Shadex

Shadex

Hit "Tab". That will lock-on to the target, making your character face the enemy it's locked-on to. When you are Locked-on, you can then roll. Seriously, try the Demo, it's in there.

P.S. If you say "Targeting system" everyone will understand a bit better.

41. PIGame

PIGame

i married and divorced, get pregnant 8 times and laid 3 eggs and still 1.3 is not available

Malbers and Invector like this.
  42. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

I'm sure they're working very hard to have the features finished. Better it take longer and the result is polished, then it be rushed and fail miserably on launch ;)

Malbers, Invector and PIGame like this.
  43. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

yeah! I really want Magic spell....!!!

44. PIGame

PIGame

Agree

Hamesh81 likes this.
  45. LudiKha

LudiKha

Is there any reason you chose to link animation states directly instead of using the entry / exit nodes? By linking state machines with eachother (instead of the animation states within directly) you drastically improve re-usability and modularity of the state machines (because you don't have to link new states together with all other states).

Would you consider adapting the system as such?

I'm otherwise greatly enjoying this! Keep up the good work!

Cheers

kurotatsu and Invector like this.
  46. Invector

Invector

Good news, we are just waiting for the Asset Store to approve, it should be available this week :)
    * We have to change the package version from 5.2.0 to 5.2.4 because there is several mecanim bugs, so if anybody is still using 5.2.3 or lower, you guys will need to update.

@Ragoo Basically we got best transition results and control of the states by linking directly, but we would love to hear if there is a better way to do it :)

47. LudiKha

LudiKha

Cool, thanks for the quick reply! I'll have a look and see if I can cook anything up, I'll definitely let you know if it looks & feels comparable.

Invector likes this.
  48. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

wow.. great! Can we play Demo? now? :)

kurotatsu, abatcat and Malbers like this.
  49. Invector

Invector

Sure :) you guys can test the new beat'n up scene with the CompanionAI
    [Download] - Webplayer is off for now, we are trying to fix a bug that happens only there.

50. Invector

Invector

Webplayer is now working guys.

[WebPlayer]