Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I wrote my own spawn system, it works perfect with the AI, I wonder what the issue might be.

2. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

It's beautiful Wodd333 !
    You can then write a game like red dead redemption 2, that I'm waiting for years :D:D

Malbers and wood333 like this.
  3. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

I'm wondering too lol, for now, i'm waiting 1.3 update to get inspired ! maybe my spawn system needs to be updated :p
    Does anybody tries 3rdPC with vehicle? like wood333 did with horses?

4. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Okay, I just have the confirmation that I'm either stupid or I need vacation , or maybe both :D
    Turning all my AI enemy to prefab solve my issue, :oops: - I didn't did it for prototyping
    I can now populate my map with horde of zombies :cool: oh yeaaaahhh

Korok and kurotatsu like this.
  5. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

How far out do you estimate 1.3 to be?

Edit: Also I love how all the enemies die instantly if you forget to bake a navmesh, it seems it would be worth adding a debug.log message to the console when this happens so your customers are aware of what happened and why, just a tip.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  6. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I want to use other Pathfinding asset for dynamic obstacle avoidance

Is it possible?

7. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

You can add a navmesh obstacle component to an object, it allows you dynamic obstacle.

8. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

@ScaraBe thank you
    but I just want to know I can use other pathfiding asset like apex or a* pathfinding

9. Invector

Invector

Less them a week I think if everything run smoothly

Done
    - AI vs AI
    - Companion AI
    - Agressive / Passive behaviour
    - Companion Commands (Follow, Stop, MoveTo)
    - Weapon defense / Shield attack (generic melee weapon)
    - 2 Hand Weapon for attack (will drop the current left weapon)
    - Hand to Hand combat (hands and legs hitbox created automatically)

To do:
    - Audio slot for weapons and Animation State
    - Particle slot for hit reaction

- Update documentation
    - Update all demo scenes and QA

You can change the pathfinding system, but you will lose the Actions feature (jumpover, stepup, climbup) because they use OffMesh-Link from Unity's Navmesh.

Korok likes this.
  10. Invector

Invector

Malbers and wood333 like this.
  11. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

FYI Invector I did go through the ai in the documentation, it looks fairly simple, have not had the 5 minutes to go through it and do it yet. Should be a fun project

Invector likes this.
  12. Invector

Invector

v1.3 will be even easier to add new Player or AI, we now have a project verification that automatically add the layers and tags that we need, so when you create a new character, it will automatically set up the layers, just press play and enjoy :cool:

13. Invector

Invector

What you guys are working on? :)

This is Alone Without Her, a sci-fi drama by Tsuyoi Raion with stunning visuals and very interesting storytelling.
    Let's show some support and like his page, we know how hard it is to develop a game, and this one right here deserves more attention :p

https://www.facebook.com/alonewithouther/

We will create a Showcase page soon on our website, if you guys want to promote your work we will be glad to help advertise :cool:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    wood333, ScaraBe and Korok like this.
  14. Korok

Korok

can I have some ranged-attack enemies in 1.4 please :)

Invector likes this.
  15. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Nice sci-fi atmosphere in this game :)

16. The-Sovereign

The-Sovereign

I'm having another issue, when I create a new scene, the character's controller stops responding when the player is hit. Just remains "disabled" until player dies and the scene is reset.

Edit: Mobile version.

17. snackzilla

snackzilla

I suppose this is more of a scripting question than anything.. But I'm trying to access the starting health of the AICharacter..I see three scripts working together to handle the health and damage -- SpriteHealth.cs, ICharacter.cs, and AIMotor.cs..I'm trying to write a value to iChar.startingHealth (inside SpriteHealth.cs) because I'm using my own scripts to change it elsewhere. (I'm trying to tie it to the plyGame controller like I did the player, so starting health goes up and down with level for AI as well as the player...Imagine AI's battling each other, and their health will go up with each level they gain by offing another AI, thereby creating dynamic factions that are independent of the player and can level up without player input) However when I try to write a value to iChar.startingHealth, the editor tells me that the property cannot be written to, and it is read-only. Being a scripting n00b, how would I go about changing this so it can be written to by an external script?

18. Invector

Invector

I think it's the MobileControls gameobject, you need to put above or below the HUD on the Hierarchy, something about priority, and after you take a hit it will stop work.

you need to change the startHealth (start) and the startingHealth (runtime) of the AIMotor,
    we will try to make it easier to access and modify this propertie on v1.3

19. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

F
    for mobile, I remember having an issue with it too, just after hit, I'm not sure but try to disable 'raycast Target' in Hierarchy / UI / HUD / damageimage / Image component
    Maybe the damageimage canvas stay over UI controls after being displayed, and yes, I think Unity display each layer in order that it is displayed in hierarchy, in my case, mobile control is under HUD in hierarchy. Hope it helps !
    ;)

The-Sovereign and Invector like this.
  20. The-Sovereign

The-Sovereign

Works great, thanks both!
    Can't wait untill the new update.

Invector, kurotatsu and ScaraBe like this.
  21. Shadex

Shadex

Hello, i'm heavily considering buying your Asset. Just a few questions.

1) Inventory Pro - When do you think you will have integration (or will the new 1.3 update auto make hitbox's for melee weapons? (Because otherwise it's a mute point)) Or is there anyone who has done this and made a tutorial?

2) When do you think you will have a projectile system? IE Spell/gun system?

I have no idea how often you release, and i know you talked about focusing on quality vs speed of release, however I would like to have some idea, so that i can plan a project. Otherwise, love the work.

Nateply likes this.
  22. snackzilla

snackzilla

I've mostly been piddling with the sounds and stuff at the moment, and working to integrate this controller with plyGame and the integrated inventory/skill system that comes with it. I've got every facet of the character talking to the plyGame controller -- ie. Health, Stamina, Experience..All values are now assigned by plyGame, but values can still be subtracted with Invector weapons and calculated off hitboxes and such. The only thing I'm still having trouble with is integrating the AI Health and stuff (I had asked you about accessing the startHealth, or startingHealth floats) Never could get it figured out, but once 1.3 rolls out, I'll see if I can write to those values then. In the meantime, here's a quick little video. Apologies for the quality, I'm on potato net, so I couldn't upload a full resolution vid without it taking ages. Details for what assets were used in the demo scene are in the video description. If you guys haven't checked out the Stylized Asset Packs, they are absolutely gorgeous.

PIGame, TeagansDad, Malbers and 5 others like this.
  23. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR

I have a question will this plugin have a camera view script? like 3rd to first person?

24. Invector

Invector

We will take a look into integrations after we release some key features
    v1.2 already create hitbox for melee weapons, v1.3 will auto create hitbox on the hands and legs for hand to hand combat. We want to release spells on v1.3.x~ or v1.4, but only after we develop a cool aim system for the shooter, so we can use on both templates.

You can see the [Release Notes] here, we release a update about every month :)

@snackzilla That's so awesome, everything works perfectly on this scene, art, animations and sounds, it's cool stuff like that that motivates us to continue working hard on this project :D

We will add a support on the Shooter Template just like MGS:V does, it's a zoom in on the weapons scope similar to First Person.

jayimagination and snackzilla like this.
  25. Korok

Korok

How can I make the player hurt (-HP) when he fall from a high place to the ground (I'm using 1.2b)?

26. zenGarden

zenGarden

It looks good, still shadows are too strong , your level need some GI.

27. snackzilla

snackzilla

Thank you! And also thanks for the suggestion! I'm still somewhat of a newbie when it comes to Light Probes and GI, but I'm learning :)

28. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

To me, I like that it doesn't, as it gives it a look like you are playing straight out of animation cell, or a comic book.

I guess it boils down to what ya are shooting for.

snackzilla likes this.
  29. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

My computer is quite old, & I had drop frame when displaying numerous enemies (Animals + zombie w/ AIcontroller) on a large map.
    had to do some modification on AIcontroller, I disabled colliders, animator, mesh renderes, melee script & footstep scripts when AI is not in view (I forgot Ragdoll lol :p)

Is there a way to optimize more ? Did you plan to make an optimizer system (when AI is out of range, or not rendered by camera) ?

PIGame likes this.
  30. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I'd look into pooling, and using spawners so they only appear when you are in a certain range of the spawner empty.

31. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Wood I'm working to make this awesome 3rd Character controller fully compatible with Horse AnimSet Pro, this and all the new features available for the next update.. big surprises!!!

Cheers Malbers

Invector, BBLOCK_Digital and Kenaz like this.
  32. duniatorga

duniatorga

How To Make my player die it will load a scene to Gameover?
    I give the picture

Attached Files:

kurotatsu likes this.
  33. Invector

Invector

Take a look into Unity's Occlusion Culling, pooling and LOD (Level of Detail), btw Unity's terrain is by far the most performance killer.

Cool :D let me know if you need any help @Malbers

Open your GameController script and on the last method call ResetScene, just change (scene.name) to your gameoverScene name. (leave the prefab and spawnpoint unassign to reset the scene)

kurotatsu and Malbers like this.
  34. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Hi !

Someone know an inventory asset who work with Invector :) ?

35. Malbers

Malbers

I already make Horse AnimSet Pro fully compatible with no sets back, no errors , no invasive code!!, just a minor thing.
    when I turn off the 3rd controller, I just leave the your camera code active in another script in order to make the camera work, but I want to change the camera target to the horse,
    and when the character dismount, I reactivate the 3rd controller and set change the target back to the character...

Now works perfectly but the camera still follows the character and the horse stay 50% off camera..

So any hint on how to change camera target?

Thanks!!

36. Invector

Invector

You can create a new CameraState for when the character is using the horse, for example, before you disable the Controller, you can turn a bool "onHorse" and set this bool to change the CameraState.

BBLOCK_Digital, Malbers and kurotatsu like this.
  37. wood333

wood333

@Malbers and @Invector; you guys just plain Rock! ;)

Invector and Malbers like this.
  38. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR

@Invector Would you like to see the game im working on :)

Invector, kurotatsu and ScaraBe like this.
  39. Invector

Invector

Unity 5.3 or higher use SceneManager.load and 5.2 or less use Application.LoadLevel

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ResetScene()
    2.         {
    3.         #if UNITY_5_3
    4.             var scene = SceneManager.GetActiveScene();
    5.             SceneManager.LoadScene(scene.name);
    6.         #else
    7.             Application.LoadLevel(Application.loadedLevel);
    8.         #endif
    9.         }      
    Sure man, you can post in here but if you don't want to go public yet you can send to inv3ctor@gmail.com :)

40. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

There has got to be a way to simply broadcast/send a msg to the player to add health.

I mean how does he receive damage, and there is no way to gain health beyond setting it to auto-refill in the player inspector.

I have a pickup made just no idea what message to send.

I tried using a negative amount, with a "Damage" msg, but no success.(I read back about 5 pages, because I know I've seen the topic come up previous.)

I try to write my scripts so they aren't locked in to a single asset, so I can re-use them in future projects. So I write things like this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. public string messageToPlayer = "";
    3. public float msgFloatAmount = 0.0f;
    5. other.gameObject.BroadcastMessage(messageToPlayer,msgFloatAmount,SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    It's uneccessary to require something like: using Invector; at the top of a script with such a simple method.

On your script should have something as simple as:
    Code (csharp):
    2. public void AddHealth(float addHealth){
    4. currentHealth = currentHealth + addHealth;
    6. if(currentHealth >= maxHealth){
    8. currentHealth = maxHealth;
    9. }
    10. }

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  41. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR

Here's some pictures of my game called Project:Venus :)

Want my game to look like this :p

If you wanna learn more about it check out my Discord channel since im the most active there :p
    https://discord.gg/0leZoA70jj7bhvQH

Invector, snackzilla, ScaraBe and 2 others like this.
  42. duniatorga

duniatorga

I Am Sorry,But Thanks Next time I'll let you know When the problem Wait Email
    Deleted Of Sake Privacy

43. duniatorga

duniatorga

Please Check Email Torgadunia

44. Alexarah

Alexarah

Hi Invector are there any plans at all to add Non-Human character support such as dragons, aliens , and etc? There's another package on the Asset Store that kinda reminds me of yours. It's called Motion Controller and it's made by a company called Ootii and it does support Non-Human characters however it doesn't come with an out of the box combat system like Melee Combat Template does. So my point is though not supporting Non-Human characters in any time of action type system makes it kinda limited if someone like me wants to make a battle against a dragon or something. Well other than that your product is quickly becoming my favorite package from the entire Asset Store!:)

Invector and PIGame like this.
  45. PIGame

PIGame

Yes yes yes

Alexarah and Invector like this.
  46. Invector

Invector

You probably restore the health with this code, but you forgot to update the HUD it's a separated element and it doesn't run on update. We will review our health method to make it easier for you guys to modify, and also we will add a health item example :)

It looks awesome @TheEndersWAR :D, I want to see this thing running /o/

Yeah we did receive some requests about non humanoid rigs, but this may be a major change to our package, since we have many MANYY methods that auto detect the hands and legs bones with Humanoid. I promisse that we will take a look into this, after v1.3 become available (which is soon :) )

Alexarah, ScaraBe and kurotatsu like this.
  47. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Thanks Invector, I'm very pleased to here so.

I have a project outside of my opus, Voidkeeper(In which I use motion controller) that I'm almost done with that is using your template.

I'll post some video, when 1.3 is out so I can use the new features, and transfer my mods to it.

48. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR

49. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR

More screenshots :p

50. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR

I faked first person with a camera switch script'', Basically it uses 2 camera's, the FPV one is in the helmet''