Search Unity

[RELEASED]The ISGravity, a Flight Shooter Toolkit [With New Starting Guide]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by QI, Feb 7, 2014.

?

Do you think $45 is good for ISGravity

Poll closed Feb 18, 2014.
  1. $45 is very good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $45 is OK.

100.0%
  3. $45 is little expensive.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $45 is so expensive,I can't stand it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't have any ideas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Ok, so how can i generate some gaps between different grounds so i can make some big different spaceships on the ground and stars between?

Also like i ask before, do you have plans for updates?
    I would like to have some solutions to variate the gameplay a little so not every game look the same but with different objects.
    Or a pre scene where i can choose or buy differnet ships to play with that have i.e. better weapons or better shields.
    Or i would like to see some kind of better formation flights from the enemys.

2. QI

QI

Yeah,
    for gaps, you can set it on each Ground 's "Next Spawn Interval"
    And , you gave me a lot of new idea, such like the Ship Shop system.
    That's great !
    But to be honest,ISGravity doesn't support these great functions currently,but I think these all are great. and I will add these all in next update.
    Thanks you very much for your recommends !
    And could you tell me which more new team options do you need?
    And hope you enjoy ISGravity.

Best Regards

Just Wait the Next Update !

3. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

Until the tutorial is up, any chance of posting a 2nd version of the overview where everything doesn't go so fast? I can barely read what you've selected before you get to the next screen.

Also, since the support page is not available, is the documentation somewhere in the package I downloaded from the Asset Store? Picked it up and am really looking forward to using, but am trying to figure out how (if possible) to bring in graphics for my own ship, etc.

Thanks for your time.

4. QI

QI

Hi,
    Yeah we have a document in the The ISGravity>Documents folder.
    You can read it, any please e-mail us if you have any question .

Best Regards

5. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

OK, found the documents, and got the first AI ship added. But then went to create a ground surface for it to fly over. Selecting the "Ground Generation" item just adds that to the list. Selecting a "New Ground" appears to setup a new scene. In either case it is not obvious that there is any way to add a material to be the ground?

6. QI

QI

Just add your models and more things you want to be a chlid object.And save it to prefab,and drag it to Ground Generater,then it will be work.

7. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Any news on when the tutorials or video will be ready????

8. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

I sure hope soon. Nothing I have tried so far has worked to get this up and running. Fortunately I've kept busy with another project, but I do feel like maybe buying this was not as much help as I had hoped it would be.

9. QI

QI

Hi,
    Sorry for long time waiting.
    Video course and more new great features will come June 16 or earlier.

If you have any suggestion ,please e-mail us.

And, well, we were working on our final examination(Alright we're students) last month, and now we're working for it,too. We will back to our packages as soon as the exam passed !

Have a nice weekend and hope you enjoy our packages !

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  10. QI

QI

Hi every guys !

I'm back, I pass my exam with a nice grade !

So, now I back to work at ISGravity next version "1.4"

Yeah I want to tell you that the update 1.4 is bigger than 1.3 a lot.

New features :

Ship Shop , allow player buy,sell,upgrade his/her ship, and buy,sell,upgrade,install and uninstall his/her weapons, that custom his/her ship. ! (At Runtime, In Game) !

Picker Spawn , allow you spawn picker with Spawn Groups.

Picker Values and Call back , that you can add your custom value into picker, and picker will call your function to tell your game system to add it when player pick them up !

Event Spawn , fire a event , then Spawn Controller will spawn a Spawn Group !

More formation for Spawn Groups, like line,circle, and "S" shape.

New Interface, I re-design the user interface, and provide more script interface to make ISGravity more extendible.

2D Demo, an 2D game that made with ISGravity and Unity2d system.

New 3D Demo that show you all this new features.

And........ New document and Video Tutorial !!!!!!

The 1.4 Update will coming this summer !

Thanks you,
    Best Regards

11. thedreamer

thedreamer

wow great!

and I want to know your ISBattle Ship.. This is going well?

12. QI

QI

Yeah, of course.

You know, the ISRTS Camera is part of it. And we're currently working on RTS logics and demo.
    But because of my exam, I guess it will not release on July, may be later. Sorry for this. But I'm BACK , Now !

13. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Any ETA for the video tutorial????

14. QI

QI

Video tutorial will coming this summer will ISGravity 1.4

15. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

You said "Video course and more new great features will come June 16 or earlier." and now you say it will come this summer.

I'm waiting for the tutorial for a month and now have to wait more??? Is that hard to make a video tutorial of 10 mins???

16. QI

QI

Yeah, it's easy but I wanna make it great.
    So sorry about I said the 16 to release, because I was very busy working for my exam , really sorry about it.
    So believe me that the tutorial will coming this summer.

If you have any question now, please e-mail me and ask it, I will answer you soon.

Thanks you.

17. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Well i think it's fine that you want to make a great video tutorial, but i'm sure that the people like me who are waiting will be satisfied with a not so great video tutorial.

Yes i have many questions but i don't see the point of wasting time sending emails back and forth when probably those questions would be solved if you take a couple of minutes of your time to make a video.

18. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Would be nice to have shooting patterns in a later update too ;)

Waiting for 1.4 and hope that the shopsystem is good :)

19. QI

QI

Yeah, You will love the shop system !

Could you please tell me what kind of shooting patterns do you need ?

20. cocos2der

cocos2der

Hello ,
    I purchased the ISG : Flight Shooter Toolkit. ($30)
    When I run, I found it is not the same demo that you provide.

No ground
    No explosion fragments of the spacecraft.
    No explosion fragments of rock.
    Spacecraft not the same demo that you provide.

Why I purchased the ISG is not same as the demo you provide?

21. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

22. QI

QI

HAHAHAHA,,,

These are nice ! Pretty nice and interesting.;);)
    I just never thought about these.:(

Yeah, I'm assure these great features will be added to ISGravity , these are pretty nice.

:):)

23. QI

QI

That's some art assets are not include in ISGravity package,
    But don't worry, all things are functional , you can still add your own art assets by few drag step to make your nice game !

24. thedreamer

thedreamer

Is there any new information about update ?

25. QI

QI

No, we're still working on it, please wait, and very thanks for your patience.

26. QI

QI

And there're more man!
    As you want, we're also working on a RTS game.
    It's won't be a long time to release both!

27. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Take some time this update.
    Any news about it?

28. QI

QI

Working, it won't takes a long time,
    I'm workings on a set up guide ,it will help you to start ISGravity.

Best Regards

29. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I have some sort of deja vú with these answer.

30. QI

QI

I do a deep apologetic about this, I'm really busy this days as you know,but we never stop developing our producting.
    I'm really sorry about the really long time.

Thanks you very much for your keep follow us, and I will do my best to show you our progess.

Thanks for All You Support.

31. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

While I understand your impatience as a fellow developer who has purchased the product, it's not like the current product doesn't work at all. Hopefully you bought it for what it currently does, not what you are hoping it will do. I know budgets are tight (mine too), but I have found few cases where bugging the developer makes them go faster. Of course if you have something you're working on you'd like us to bug you about :)

32. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

First of all i bought this asset because the demo looks cool and it stated in the description "Full support document included."

Well the demo is not even included in the product and the documentation is indecipherable to put it mildly.

I think almost 6 months is more than enough to make a simple video showing us how to use the product don't you think ??? Or do you think i'll have to wait a year or two to complain???

In those 6 months i posted 6 messages in this thread, do you think that a message per month qualify as "bugging the developer"??? I don't think so especially when the developer said:

- "we will make a tutorial video, but you know, this will takes a few days."

- "Video course and more new great features will come June 16 or earlier."

- "Video tutorial will coming this summer will ISGravity 1.4"

I'm done with these asset. It was a waste of time and money and on top of that i really hate being treated like an idiot.

I own almost 400 assets at this time and this is by far the asset with the worst support.

33. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

This asset does not need so much support because it is easy to use. If you have 400 assets you should know how to use such simple things. This asset is not the only one that need more time included Unity and i ratcher would get a good produkt or more then a rushed one.
    All what is in for what you bought is in and of good quality. The updates are a plus and you should know that as a 400 assets customer.
    This is only one developer but even Unity need sometimes more time then they think with more then one developer on many things but mainly known by the new gui that is not ready even now also it is awalable as a beta.
    When i have problems on how to use this i asked in this thread or the developer in private and get my answer but i also take some time on how the asset will work so i understand it.
    I am with you when the developer give times when what is ready and do not communicate why it takes longer. That is what a developer has to learn and decide. What information will i give and how do i communication with my customers. Also do i want to make something like a video tutorial or not and do not make wrong statements only to be kind.

34. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

First of all let me be clear, because everyone jumping in this thread seems to think that i'm asking for the next update.

I'm not asking for any update to the asset, i'm only asking for the video the author said 6 months ago he was going to do or alternatively a better documentation or even a tutorial on how to use the asset.

Now to answer your statements:

I'm glad you find this asset so easy to use but that's not my case because as you know every person is different. Let me tell you an example to put things in perspective.

I own a very known asset called NGUI, it have a very extensive documentation and even videos on how to use the product.

I use NGUI almost on a daily basis and i've never had any problem nor the need to ask any question in their forums, but still their forums are full of users asking questions on how to do things that for me are crystal clear.

What do you think they would think about me if i'd tell them that NGUI is so easy to use that they should not be asking those silly questions?

Well owning many assets only means that i spent too much money on things that probably i'm not going to use ever and that i have interacted with many asset's authors but by no means it means that automagically i have to know how every single product works.

For example i have 3 guitars in my house and i'm pretty sure that even if i buy 10 more i still would not play the guitar better than Jimi Hendrix. So please refrain to use fallacies to back up your validity, using them undermines your argument and makes very hard to keep a productive conversation.

As i said before i'm not asking for any software update.

I myself am a developer and i know projects may be extended for different reasons but please don't expect me to believe
    that you need 6 months or more to make a simple video tutorial. Hell even in the store you can find developers that maintains more than 4 or 5 five assets not only with updates but also keeping the documentation up to date.

I don't want to keep this rant going, I was frustrated by the endless excuses but i understand that keeping arguing does not lead to any solution so for me this discussion is over, it's time to move on.

35. QI

QI

Hi there,

I haven't put any update for a very long time,and I have read all your posts.
    I'm really sorry about this really long time to update and didn't update the document.

And today I will show you something about the 1.4 update and 1.4 beta version.

We have change all the ISGravity editor UI style and developed a interactive steps by steps setup up guide to let you experience all the ISGravity features.

Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 7.58.27 PM.png The setup guide will run when the first time you import ISGravity and you can run it again anytime.

And also a picker spawn group and many more formations of spawn groups,
    Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 7.58.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 8.02.30 PM copy.png

Now there is a rectangle of coins spawn by Spawn Group.
    And also a new blocks base Ground Generater that can always makes the screen fill with grounds.

We will release the beta version of 1.4 which you can get it free with your invoice ID of Assets Store in future days.

Thanks for you supports.

Please reply here or email me if you have any questions.

Best Regards

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    LuckyTribe likes this.
  36. QI

QI

And I still got not idea why I like call these aircraft "ships"....;)

37. xfactor19

xfactor19

Perfect, good to come back on earth and have fun.

38. QI

QI

:)

It will be better with islands,which will comes in a couple of weeks!

And there will be no more excuses since today,tell me anythings you want from the new ISGravity and it will come to you.

39. xfactor19

xfactor19

From screenshot I get the impression that you are planning to make it 3D, like a top down game. Am I thinking right?

40. QI

QI

Yes, it's 3D, and the ground is a lot of blocks, that fill and control by the new Ground Generater !

41. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

And what about the Shop system you featured?

42. QI

QI

Of course ship(aircraft) shop is a very important part of the new ISGravity.
    So I plan to add a PlayerDataManager to manage all player's data,like cash,score and so on.
    Don't worry,the nice Ship shop will comes later in the beta version!

43. QI

QI

Hi

I was working on some math stuff in order to write a procedure that help me to generate the island scene.
    Good new is it almost done, and I will publish the whole procedure as a free package to the Asset Store !;)

Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 11.33.30 AM.png

44. LuckyTribe

LuckyTribe

Next version of ISGravity looks very promising, i hope it'll really come out soon. Have you planned a scene manager to the toolkit? I think it'd be great to load new levels from menu when you get enough points in game.

I try at the moment to integrate 1.3 version with Mad Level Manager plugin, but it crashes when I try to load ISGravity scene 2nd time. Any ideas why i get this error? ISObjectPoolManager.cs:254
    MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.

Another great thing would be changing the music while playing. I'd like to have a different music on start menu than in a game. And in the game music could change when new ship comes to game. Is this possible with some easy coding in version 1.3?

45. QI

QI

Hi,

Thanks you very much for your feedback, the "ISObjectPoolManager.cs:254
    MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it."
    occur may because you didn't destroy ISObjectPoolManager but destroy other object when you load another scene,ISObjectPoolManager load all objects which will take part in the game to avoid load on runtime, but if you load another scene, Unity will destroy(unload) all objects that ISObjectPoolManager has loaded without remind ISObjectPoolManager. I don't know how your new scene look like and how do you load your scene so I couldn't give you a perfect solution this time. I would suggest you to give a new ISObjectPoolManager to each scene, because ISObjectPoolManager will reload all things when it first created.

For the background musics, musics and sound effects was manage by ISAudioManager, it is easy to change background music by create a new audio manager,on the other hand, I will add a ISAudioManager.ChangeBackgroundMusic liked API to audio manager to help you do this,and publish it as a "fix" version of 1.3 as soon as I can. And also with some "Spawn Event" to let you change background music when some new ship appear.

Please reply here if you still have any questions.

Thanks you

46. QI

QI

Hi

I make a little change to the ISAudioManager. (Right here in the package)
    This audio manager allow you the mix the background music.
    And this package also included a simple demo that show you about how to mix background music.

Best Regards

LuckyTribe likes this.
  47. LuckyTribe

LuckyTribe

That was great audio-demo! Though, I have some problems in implementing it to ISGravity 1.3. There are not the same methods and if I make it using new methods there are errors with instances:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ISAudioManager.PlaySound (UnityEngine.AudioClip clip, Vector3 pos) (at Assets/ISAudioManager/Scripts/ISAudioManager.cs:126)
    Weapon+<_Shoot>c__Iterator25.MoveNext () (at Assets/The ISGravity/Scripts/GameCore/Weapon.cs:196)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <UpdateCooldown>c__Iterator24:MoveNext() (at Assets/The ISGravity/Scripts/GameCore/Weapon.cs:157)

I don't quite understand what should I do with scene loading. How should I destroy ISObjectPoolManager? I don't destroy intentionally anything. I just load your ISGravity demoscene from a loader scene. So I use exactly the demo scene that comes with plugin.

After the game over menu I load again the scene loader scene. And then I load 2nd time the ISGravity example scene and got the error. How could I inform ISObjectPoolManager when loading another scene to destroy all necessary objects etc? This is what I have tried:

I did make in ISUserInterface.cs new method for loading scene from highscore menu button:

publicvoidloadStartScene() {
    Application.LoadLevel("Level Select Scene");
    }

I tried adding ISObjectPoolManager.ClearAll() method before LoadLevel but that didn't help, still got the MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it error.

Any Ideas how to properly destroy everything or howto load ISObjectPoolManager at level load for avoiding this error?

48. QI

QI

Hi.

Please make sure that there is one instance of ISAudioManager and only one,if this error still occur after you check this,please tell me and I will help you to solve it.

For load scene, please make sure the you didn't give any thing a "DontDestroyOnLoad" except GameManager,the GameManager need to keep until the application quit (It is create at the "Init" Scene).
    ISObjectPoolManager won't keep when load new scene,please make sure that there is a instance and only one in the scene.
    ClearAll() justs mean clear all object which create by ISObjectPoolManager,when you call Application.LoadLevel everything will be destroyed, including ISObjectPoolManager, please try to check if there is only one ISObjectPoolManager and GameManager after you load new scene.

Please reply here if it still doesn't work, I will reply you as soon as I could.

49. QI

QI

Hi everybody !

Today, we have issued FIVE FREE VOUCHERS for you to download ISGravity for FREE,
    Redeem it now ,see who could be the luckly one:

ASV-MRWM-XEDV-3EGH-JWMW-UHEF (REDEEMED)
    ASV-RDTL-3HJQ-QLWG-HAU6-R9QF (REDEEMED)
    ASV-KK9N-LCDP-9TUA-HCEP-UEF4 (REDEEMED)
    ASV-EENK-DMTR-UGVA-HJTJ-UENL (REDEEMED)
    ASV-47EE-ML3P-7DYN-JTTM-REFU (REDEEMED)

Please give ISGravity a nice rate if you like it after you redeem it.

You can redeem a code by go to Asset Store > My Account > Redeem Voucher

Thanks you !

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  50. QI

QI

Still many code here, REDEEM IT NOW !!!!!!!