Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vapid-Linus

Vapid-Linus

I don't seem to be allowed to PM you and I can't find a public email, so I'll just write here instead!

I'm interested in your Simple packs. However, I have a concern that all models of all objects I might need in the future is not available in your packs. If I were to ever need an additional model of something else, how would that be dealt with?
    Do you add more models to your packs on request or do you charge for additional privately made models?

2. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hi, ATM we are spending all the time we have on making new packs and updating our existing ones, we have a ton of ideas and so does everyone else. If you have any specific requests we add them to a list and will eventually get around to making as much, if not all the requests. These packs are fun and can produce some interesting game ideas.
    Post any requests you have here or at our email contact@syntystudios.com

3. Vapid-Linus

Vapid-Linus

Awesome, sounds great!
    However, I sort of need to know that if I need a certain model for my game, that it could be made within a reasonable time period. Need to know that if I'm going to use your Simple themed packs and I have a certain model that I need made for a project, that doesn't exist in your packs already, that I won't get stuck being unable to get assets that would be required.

EDIT;
    A side question! As the upcoming military pack is what I'm mainly interested in, I'm wondering if there will be multiple tanks or just the one in the preview?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  4. syntystudios

syntystudios

@Vapid Linus - The best way to avoid not having the assets you require is to let us know what you're after, specially for the military pack as it's currently in production and it's easier to add things. Oh there will be multiple tanks with multiple skins, if there is any specific tank you require just let us know.

5. Vapid-Linus

Vapid-Linus

Sounds great, yeah! I will let you know if I have something special in mind. But I mean more like, if something comes up later in development and I realize I need an asset that doesn't exist, for example.

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

We're currently working on a bunch of new packs, so chances are we will cover what you're after, if not we can talk then.

Vapid-Linus likes this.
  7. shopguy

shopguy

I wish this was a common thing... but I think it's pretty typical that you either hire someone and get everything custom, or you settle for existing packages and keep your fingers crossed, or just make it work. Good luck though ;)

8. syntystudios

syntystudios

Yeah totally, we would love to give everyone custom assets but there is limited time in the day. We are trying to help everyone by making as many different packs as we can.

9. shopguy

shopguy

Any chance you can share the project used to create the above image from the asset store page? The demo scene doesn't have any shadows. I tried adding a directional light and tried several different shaders, and shadow settings.. but I just can't get the awesome quality in the above image. Without any lights the edges of models look good like the image, but once I add any lights the edges look horrible, even when running on a high-end gaming PC with all quality settings maxed out, highest shadow resolution, etc.

Unless that quality requires some post-processing or other effects only available in Unity Pro?

If not possible to share that project, maybe just some info.. like what shader and light and shadow settings I should try?

Here is an example, you can see the edges are pretty "funky".. a lot of little white/yellow dots and just don't look crisp:

http://braincrook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Untitled.png

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  10. syntystudios

syntystudios

@shopguy - We get this question a bunch via email

One Directional light with a bit of ambient light and a subtle ambient occlusion (which can be screen space Image effect or baked) depending on your target platform. Baking the amient occlusion would be a better option if you're on mobile and also any static object shadows ie. buildings.

11. shopguy

shopguy

Thanks. I have a lot to learn it seems. I just found the new Unity 5 lighting window, while trying to figure out how to adjust ambient light as you mention... holy cow, so many settings, so much to learn.

Edit: For future readers, what made the most difference for me, not having time to learn everything yet:

1. To remove the "yellow/white" dots on the surface edges = increased the Bias on the directional light

2. To clean up the rough edges in general = checked "generated mip maps" for all of the textures.

Those 2 made the huge difference, the rest was just trial and error (based on personal preference) with light and shadow intensity.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    syntystudios likes this.
  12. syntystudios

syntystudios

I know right, Unity 5 has realtime GI .... I do wonder how that looks with our assets but no time to try it :p Military all the way!

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hurry, I have a bunch of wild simple zombies attacking my simple town and need reinforcement to finish thus brain sucker!!!!

mroyusa, ZJP and syntystudios like this.
  14. shopguy

shopguy

Simple Town - Cross walks would be handy. Not urgent though, one of the reasons I picked this pack for my next game is because *I think* I can create a few pieces myself if needed.

15. ZJP

ZJP

Oh, U2?!. "Stolen" my (idea) game.... :D

16. syntystudios

syntystudios

There are crossing road pieces (just noticed that the crossing prefab is missing the mesh conection)

17. shopguy

shopguy

Awesome! Connected that mesh, and now I see them in the demo scene also. Guess I didn't look hard enough, just didn't see them in demo scene.

18. syntystudios

syntystudios

We'll fix that next update.

19. shopguy

shopguy

OK.. updated request now that I found the existing crosswalk. A *corner* crosswalk mesh would be handy. In other words:

road_crossing_mesh (already have) = replacement for road_straight_mesh

road_crossing_corner_mesh (do not have yet) = replacement for road_corner_mesh

For me, one that has the crosswalk going in both directions would work, but I guess others might find needs for all possible combos.

syntystudios likes this.
  20. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hold those zombies back!! We plan to submit it to Unity around the 15th.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Aye Sir! Thank you. Cant wait :D

22. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple People - Trailer

Updated submitted
    Version 1.22
    - Added more animations - Wave, Check watch, Wipe mouth, Standing Jump, Running jump, Falling, Sexy dance, Leaning against wall, Smoking, Sitting on ground, Crossing arm, Hands on hips and Death
    - Reduced draw calls (2 each)
    - Added root motion to animations
    - Set texture filtering to point
    - Added a changelog txt file

23. Roachie

Roachie

Love all your updates, i plan on buying all your kits, My only wish is a shoot 1 handed, shoot 2 handed and death animation so these can be used in more shooting esque games

24. syntystudios

syntystudios

@Roachie - Well you will love our next pack coming out in a few weeks, there will be soldiers, terrorists, weapons and new animations (as well as environment assets and vehicles). We will try to get a trailer for it too. Simple Military is coming!! :)

pushingpandas likes this.
  25. Roachie

Roachie

Thanks but does that translate to all your simple people e.t.c too ? would like police/swat e.t.c to also do it

26. syntystudios

syntystudios

The new animations will translate to all other character packs but will not be included in those packs. Just drop the military pack animation clips into the Simple people/Citizens mecanim setup and off ya go.

27. Vapid-Linus

Vapid-Linus

Woo, a day after GTA V PC release!

Regarding the Simple People and Simple Citizens packs, I am a little disappointed with the gender variety. There doesn't seem to be any female cops, riot police, workers, prisoners, firemen etc etc. I would love to see more gender variety in an update. Ideally, there would be at least one of each gender of each character type. Games such as RPG games, where the player can choose gender and then a role, would be very limited.And it doesn't hurt to have equality.
    If you still have time for the Military pack, I'd love to see the inclusion of at least one female soldier.

28. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

great update! Hope its live soon.

syntystudios likes this.
  29. syntystudios

syntystudios

@Vapid Linus - You're right, the new trailer points out how skewed the gender roles in Simple People are, I actually did a test to see if a police man could look female, after releasing the trailer yesterday. There will be a future update to address this.
    Simple Military will have atleast 2 female soldiers :)

Edit - Simple Military has 2 female characters

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    OnePxl likes this.
  30. Vapid-Linus

Vapid-Linus

Awesome! Looking forward to that update!
    Glad you're including some female characters from the start in the upcoming pack :)

syntystudios likes this.
  31. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

when is update live???

32. im

im

sweet!

any news on status of military pack asset?

some screenshots would be nice...

33. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple People Update Live
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15126
    Version 1.22
    - Added more animations - Wave, Check watch, Wipe mouth, Standing Jump, Running jump, Falling, Sexy dance, Leaning against wall, Smoking, Sitting on ground, Crossing arm, Hands on hips and Death
    - Reduced draw calls (2 each)
    - Added root motion to animations
    - Set texture filtering to point
    - Added a changelog txt file

@im - We will post some screens very soon (tomorrow), we're wrapping Military pack up atm

34. im

im

sadly my unity 4.6.4f1 player cant access the unity asset store page right now!

it gets

Error: Caught exception while running Mono code: UnityException: Invalid JSON string
    stack trace: at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.WebScriptObject:parseJSON (string)
    at UnityEditor.AssetStoreContext.GetPackageList () [0x0011c] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\AssetStore\AssetStoreContext.cs:249

looks like unity may have toasted something and now i cant update any assets any more until they fix it...

35. syntystudios

syntystudios

@im - I'm sure they will fix it super fast as the asset store is how they make most of their money.

36. im

im

hope so cause i love playing with assets like yours, far better than the crappy stuff flooding steam ;)

syntystudios likes this.
  37. shopguy

shopguy

As the asset store just downloads to a folder... I'd think there would be some workarounds for now. Only obvious one I can think of would be to download using Unity 5, then manually import/copy to your 4.6 folder, or just directly to your project folder.

syntystudios likes this.
  38. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Sir, its the 15th. My troops can't hold down the zombies much longer. WE NEED REINFORCEMENT. WE. NEED. THEM. NOW!

39. syntystudios

syntystudios

@Devision4 - It sure is! Finalizing the pack and the demo scene. Will submit today, as promised.
    Also Unity have been really fast at approving packs latley, so it could be in you hands very soon!

40. im

im

sweet, some screenshots please, or it didnt happen ;)

41. syntystudios

syntystudios

Trying to take good screenshots atm but there is just so much cool stuff!!!

42. syntystudios

syntystudios

New Pack Submitted - Simple Military
    A Simple military asset pack with characters, vehicles, buildings, props and effects to add to our other Simple assets. Build an epic battlefield jam packed with action, This is our biggest pack yet!
    Includes demo scene
    90 Environmental Prefabs
    20 Characters (3 Variations each)
    11 Weapons
    37 Animations with mechanim setup
    12 Vehicles
    3 Effects

UnleadedGames and im like this.
  43. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

OMFG … THIS IS MASSIVE! Awesome …. more then I dreamed off!!!!!! Thank you!

syntystudios likes this.
  44. im

im

nice!

would be nice to have more destroyed buildings / roads and some fixed wing / planes and ships to go with this

also like melee weapons like knive, bat, pipe, crowbar, chainsaw, ect...

syntystudios likes this.
  45. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Man what takes it so long to release asset unity?!…. Zombies are all over my place and I need the military! …

46. paulojsam

paulojsam

syntystudios likes this.
  47. paulojsam

paulojsam

48. paulojsam

paulojsam

49. im

im

nice

50. paulojsam

paulojsam

of course i urgently require the military to push back the alien invasion!!!

syntystudios likes this.