Search Unity

[RELEASED] SGB Filter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VortexStudios, Aug 5, 2015.

1. VortexStudios

VortexStudios

Hello everyone! Here I'm again with my new asset, say hello to SGB Filter!

After the Space Lander and GB Jam I'm was looking for a good way to create a GB like games on Unity with some flexibility, and here the result!

With this filter you can make any game become GB and like the SGB adapter, you can change the color palettes!

Yes! Bring back all the charm of four-color games! \o/

GET IT NOW FOR JUST $9.99!
    http://u3d.as/ibs

2. hopeful

hopeful

I like the dithering, but the color palettes aren't my cup of tea.

Will the dithering work without altering the colors?

3. VortexStudios

VortexStudios

Not yet, we are working to find a best way to create a awesome dithering with colors to create a effect like the SNES and Genesis game :)

4. zenGarden

zenGarden

+1

@VortexStudios
    Can we mix pixellization effect with dithering ? Can we choose the pixel size for pixellization ?
    I don't see real better points than "Old School Pixel FX" for the same price.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  5. hopeful

hopeful

Not sure if you saw this, but after my post above they created a new asset called "Dither Filter" which indeed did just the dithering, without altering the colors. But they're discontinuing it, and bundling that functionality in with the Super Dither Filter, which I agree makes more sense.

As for mixing the dithering and pixelization FX ... I'm guessing you can run both effects on the same camera, just as you can with other screen effects.

Maybe they can show you a screen shot of both FX running at the same time.

6. LittleGeek

LittleGeek

Hey guys. I've been looking at your Super Dither Pack and I was wondering if it can be used to only have the effect on part of the display? I want to fake up a retro screen in my game but the rest of the graphics I need to be "natural". Can the pack handle this?

7. HeyItsLollie

HeyItsLollie

Just bought this, and I like how the dither filter functions, but the color posterization is way too strong for my liking. Is there any way to control this?

8. Thuby

Thuby

Is this still supported? Does it work for Unity 2018? And it it possible to use it without a limited colour palette?