Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] SCHOOL SCENE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lenarskiy, Jul 13, 2016.

1. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

SCHOOL SCENE

AssetStore link
    - SCENE - include exterior, detailed interiors and Modern (day/night) and Abandoned scenes
    - EXTERIOR include school building, yard, soccer field, trees and grass
    - INTERIORS include 5 unique classrooms,computer class, sport gym, kitchen,assembly hall, teachers room, director room
    - TOTAL over 80 prefabs, complete lighted scene with FPS controller, Baked GI, Area lights, Light Probes, Reflection probes, Tonemapping, Bloom camera effects

SchoolMap14.jpg SchoolMap03.jpg SchoolMap05.jpg SchoolMap10.jpg SchoolMap04.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  2. SquareEyesTaco

SquareEyesTaco

i have a question, so whats up with the ligthing? how do i make all those road lamps invisible?

3. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, if you want to hide road lamps, type RoadLamp1d in search field select all and disable them, to hide all lamps and light sources disable NightLightsExterior game object from Hierarchy.
    To hide light sources from lamps in Night scene, find RoadLamp1aNight prefab and disable Spotlight

Attached Files:

4. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Coming soon new version with ABANDONED SCENE
    What do you think about it?
    SchoolSceneOld6.jpg SchoolSceneOld4.jpg SchoolSceneOld5.jpg SchoolSceneOld8.jpg

Attached Files:

5. gate1

gate1

Hi! Do you have any playble demo ? Is it mobile friendly ? Thank you!

6. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, yes you can try this Windows DEMO but sorry it isn't mobile friendly

7. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Hi, I am on the verge of purchasing this asset, but I understand it is not modular. That is acceptable to a point. For example, is possible to detach the gym completely from the rest of the building, or any other room for that matter? If not, do you have plans to release a modular version? I appreciate your advice and look forward to hearing from you!

8. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, yes it's not modular for some reasons as lighmaps, performance. But it consist of 4 separate parts: gym, 1 floor,2 floor, assembly hall and kitchen (look at attached image). In plans make it mobile friendly, but we will think about make it modular

Attached Files:

buttmatrix likes this.
  9. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

@lenarskiy I went ahead and purchased your asset, and thank you for your earlier advice. After taking some time to explore the asset in more detail, it definitely has some praiseworthy qualities, however, there a number of issues that I'd like to address. [NOTE: I am primarily interested in the gym section, so I have examined these assets more carefully].

The art assets (e.g. materials, textures) do not follow PBR texturing guidelines:
    1. Many metal assets have material properties with no metallic value
    2. Some materials are not normal mapped
    3. None of the materials contain noise maps or AO maps, e.g. fingerprints, dust, scratches, smudges, etc.
    4. Many of the metal materials are actually painted metal surfaces, but do not have textures to reflect that composition
    5. The tiling of textures on the gym walls and floor cannot be modified., e.g. one cannot create smaller / wider planks, and the colors of the walls cannot be changed independently.
    6. Gym windows are composed of 'Reshetkas' and 'Windows', but these could be collapsed into a single mesh
    7. There is noticeable aliasing on the curves of the basketball court lines and markings; it would be nice to have a higher resolution image (2k) for this important piece of geometry
    Do you have any plans to update the materials in this project to respect PBR shading and texturing?

10. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

@buttmatrix First thanks for purchasing our asset
    1....4 There is no "PBR materials" in asset description, but a lot of materials have specular map, in plans to make as more PBR materials as possible.
    5. Email us about your needs in tiling gym, we will change it for you free of charge
    6. We tried to make all objects which have different surface type as separate game object, so it can be used in FPS style game to draw decals and special effects on metal, glass, wood and etc. surfaces.
    7. Email us to get 2k texture, we will add it to next update

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    buttmatrix likes this.
  11. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

That is a tremendous offer @lenarskiy! Thank you so much for your consideration.

12. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Hey guys I have a question, this package looks great but I'm a bit worried about the missing PBR materials. Will it stick out when mixed with our games other PBR assets? We aim at a as realistic look as possible, here is an example from one of our current levels

edit: Please skip to about 1:50

buttmatrix likes this.
  13. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Hi, Great work!
    Currently all material use Standart/Standart(Specular) shader, so i think it won't be a problem mixing it with your assets. We are working on new PBR materials and LODs for all models, it will take a lot of time, so we will produce updates as soon as we finish some part of models

14. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Thanks for quick reply, looking forward to those updates.

15. hopeful

hopeful

[QUOTE="lenarskiy, post: 2923820, member: 415099"We are working on new PBR materials and LODs for all models, it will take a lot of time, so we will produce updates as soon as we finish some part of models[/QUOTE]

I wonder if a heightmap would help make all that peeling paint visually pop?

16. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

@hopeful Do you mean add heightmap texture to all models ?

17. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Substances would be nice. IIRC, @NOT_Lonely has a WIP that is using similar types of assets / materials.

18. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

@buttmatrix we made PBR materials and LOD groups for gym objects, and made separate gym asset http://u3d.as/J8r, and sure we used Substance for texturing. Next step - update School Scene with this new materials

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  19. hopeful

hopeful

I was just thinking the peeling paint could use some help to pop a bit more, cast shadows. Not sure what would be the best solution.

I didn't buy the kit, so I don't know for sure, but it seemed in the promotional materials that the peeling paint was more of a flat texture.

20. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

@hopeful Adding heightmap texture to peeling paint will give a good effect, but it's performance-expensive
    You can try DEMO

21. hopeful

hopeful

It's performance expensive, but for mobile a dev can turn it off, and on desktop it would be controlled by LOD levels and OC.

22. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

@lenarskiy That's excellent news. For those of us that purchased the School Scene project, would you be willing to make the gym asset available to us? The gym is really my primary interest and I'd love to update the visuals for my project with the latest work yall have committed.

23. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  24. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Thank you so much!

EDIT: The PBR looks incredible, really a step forward from the first generation!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  25. hopeful

hopeful

I understand the gym room got a PBR update in its separate pack. Has this pack gone all PBR yet?

26. lenarskiy

lenarskiy

The experience that we got on remaking models and their PBR texturing for the gym showed us that the time that will take to rework all the models for this pack is much more than we expected and it will take 2 times longer than it took to create the current version of the asset, so the work is stopped until we accept the solution. Hope for you understanding.
    We took into account our mistakes and now we are doing all our new assets with PBR materials.