[RELEASED] Ruaumoko: iso-surface, voxel mesh generation and terrain engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by bens1984, Apr 29, 2013.

1. LoganPark

LoganPark

Hi, Eli,

You're going to need more than just the Ruaumoko scripts and indeed more than mine to generate a procedural town. Ruaumoko handles the terrain and modifying it, and my tiny contributions were intended just as little utility scripts. But, it can be done! ...Just not with my part-time little efforts alone. :)

So, for random towns bolted onto the terrain, pick a location, clear out terrain (or drop the town prefabs down onto it), and populate the town with behaviors and other content. You want to be looking at spawning scripts and pooling for that. Ruaumoko will just give you a canvas upon which to paint all that.

LP
  2. jason.fisher

jason.fisher

iddqd likes this.
  3. TheAnnihilator

TheAnnihilator

Hi,

Is the developer of this asset still actively updating this fantastic package as I am extremely interested in buying it. If not is he still giving support to problems in implementing/editing the code?

Thanks.
  4. Braintoilet

Braintoilet

I tried to email the developer trough the email supllied on the Publisher Website linked in the Asset-Store. Got and Delivery Status: Failed Notification back. I hope he's still on it, the asset store says the last update was Version: 1.11 (Sep 03, 2014)

A Statement would be nice.

Thanks