Search Unity

[RELEASED] Quantum Rush: The online Racer

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by GameArt Studio, Sep 11, 2014.

1. GameArt Studio

GameArt Studio

2. CitrusDev

CitrusDev

looks great !

3. Fishypants

Fishypants

Yeah totally cool looking! Cant wait to get him and try it :D

4. Darkays

Darkays

I would first like to say that this game looks gorgeous. I love the design and the ascetics of the game. I am digging the WipEout and F-Zero vibe.

I got a chance to play for about an hour and a half. I just wanted to remark on some things that I noticed in the game:

The controls for the ships feel very natural, the controls feel tight and responsive, but loose enough to really give the right "feel" for this style of game. Also the sense of speed is phenomenal! I definitely felt like I was blazing down the track at high speeds bobbing and weaving through the various turns and obstacles. Though I did have a problem with the air brakes, they are just too powerful. Whenever I pressed on them I would turn at almost a 90 degree angle, running straight into the wall. I just avoided using the air brakes and I still felt like I was able to get around all of the tracks just fine.

The biggest complaint that I have is that the game is extremely leggy. The fact that I am from the US trying to connect with a server in Central Europe definitely has something to do with it, but that can't be helped. It becomes so leggy that it is unplayable at times. I just have no idea what is going on. When this happens too much I just revert to the practice mode. Which is unfortunate because I would like to explore multiplayer some more and see all that it has to offer.

Other than that most of my other issues are really just "nit-picking" at this point. Like how you can't control the main menu with a gamepad. Or how it is hard to figure out what the course looks like when you are voting for the next course besides actually choosing the option (maybe have an overlay of the picture in the background of the buttons as well?). Again, I am really just nit-picking at this point.

Overall, I really like the game. There is a lot of potential here and a surprising amount of depth here (I kind of looked into the research and shop mechanics, but not enough to comment on). Outstanding work you guys, it really is a great accomplishment.

Oh, btw are you playing on having splitscreen mode in the game? I think that this would be a great game to play with a room of friends.

5. Jonsm

Jonsm

The video looks awesome. One question, why no mac version? It seems like publishing a mac version should be just one button away, except maybe for a few shaders.

6. Neffy

Neffy

This looks phenomenal. I remember playing F-Zero GX when I was a young lad and had played WipeOut HD on PSN for nearly a year straight. This game is bringing back some amazing memories. Props to the developer!

7. Ashment

Ashment

It'd be cool if there was a Mac OS version =/