Search Unity

[RELEASED]Profiler Memory Plus - No More Memory Leak!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Seto, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Seto

Seto

Unity Asset Store URL:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/28888
    Short URL:
    http://u3d.as/bm2

NO MORE MEMORY LEAK!

Video Demostration of earlier development version:
    CLICK HERE
    The 1st extension for memory profiling. A complement of profiler provided by Unity(Pro Only). Compatible with Standalone, WebPlayer, Mobile profiling.
    Features:
    1.Keep snapshots to switch to.
    2.Compare between any two snapshots.
    3.ByName mode, tells you what objects of the same name are added or removed.
    4.ByInstanceId Mode, tells you which object increased or decreased memory cost, what objects are added or removed. 5.Filters for Other, Builtin Resources, Assets, Not Saved and Scene Memory.
    6.Order by count or memory, higher memory increased or higher count added is display on the top, lower memory decreased or lower count removed is display on the top.
    7.ProfilerMemoryPlus.pmp.Snapshot() to profiling automatically.
    8.Auto snapshot with interval setting.
    9.Provide tips for development and memory profiling.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. oOZerOo

oOZerOo

GOOD JOB

3. Seto

Seto

It doesn't require 5.0 actually. It displays require U5 because I use U5 to upload the package. I'll upload with 4.0 later. But it's always best to use with latest version.

4. finwave

finwave

Hi! I'm wondering if you are also going to upload with Unity 4? Because I would buy this in a heartbeat, if there was Unity 4 version. I have license for U4, but not yet to U5. And I have to keep using U4 for now.

5. Seto

Seto

It does support U4. I uploaded one with U4 now. It's pending review. It shows it requires 5.0 because I use 5.0 to upload.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  6. finwave

finwave

Yes. That was the only thing I was wondering about. If you already uploaded with U4. But it is now okay. I did not realize that U5 has all the engine features included in the free version. So I'm already using it. And trying out your extension.

7. Seto

Seto

Please rate it if it does help your analysing on memory profiling.

8. XRA

XRA

does this show what is in the ManagedHeap ? that is where my memory leak is, but so far no way to see what is keeping references.

9. Seto

Seto

If your object is Unity Object. It will be shown. It's the same with built-in profiler. The plugin is a complement to the built-in profiler.
    If you purchased the plugin, the introduction contains one line. Try to make all the objects as Unity Objects. And use Unity Singleton instead of static. Then you can track the leak more easily.

10. Eriks-indesign

Eriks-indesign

I'm getting this when trying to compare

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    MemoryElementUtil.totalMemoryGet (System.Object memoryElement)
    ProfilerMemoryPlus. (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 )
    ProfilerMemoryPlus. ()
    ProfilerMemoryPlus.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

11. Seto

Seto

Which version of Unity are you using? If you're using 5.6, you should use 2017 to grab the package and import back to 5.6. Because I don't have Unity 5.6 to upload the plugin to Asset Store while the API is changed. Or you can provide me your invoice number by email. And I'll send you the new dll.

12. hanklord

hanklord

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    MemoryElementUtil.totalMemoryGet (System.Object memoryElement)
    ProfilerMemoryPlus. (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 , System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 )
    ProfilerMemoryPlus. ()
    ProfilerMemoryPlus.OnGUI ()

HI, I meet this Exception in unity 2017.1.2
    I tested PMP and it worked fine in Unity 5.4
    How can I solve this problem?
    thank you.

13. Seto

Seto

OK. I'll have a look at the API changes of 2017.1.2. And fix it.
    UPDATED: Did you updated the PMP? You should download the PMP again with 2017.1.2.

14. hanklord

hanklord

Oh! thank you, I forgot update PMP to last version. Now it works!
    Thank you