Search Unity

[Released] Pro 3D Camera Plugin

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by renaissanceCoder1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Hi, this is a little camera package I created that I like to use on all of my Unity3D projects to speed up styling and decision making. It allows the user to save camera settings from four presets: RPG/Standard, FPS, Top Down, and RTS. All you have to do is select one of these presets from the drop-down at the top of the control panel, and begin tweaking that particular camera to perfection for your game's needs. The settings for each camera preset are saved - so the user's runtime edits will persist if they stop and play the game again.

Here's the Asset Link

Try Before You Buy Playable Demo

Here's a Demo

Here's How Easy It is to Use

I will continue updating this package so it yields the best possible satisfaction for all users, but hearing everyone's feedback, ideas, and requests is essential to the ultimate quality of this asset.

Some More Discussion
    What games have you played that had cameras you are trying to mimic in your own games?

There are a lot of things to consider when programming a camera for a game. Sometimes handling certain situations fluidly can be difficult. What are some cool ways you have seen AAA camera systems handle difficult situations?

Your replies will be seriously considered for the next big update of this package.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Version 2.1 Coming soon! :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Take a look at the new video which displays the version 2.1 updates. Expected to be released this week.

4. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Version 2.1 is now out. Let me know what content you would like to see in the next update!

5. Breflabb

Breflabb

hi, how would i go about to make a littlebig planet style camera with this addon ? :D that i if its possible

6. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

From what I understand, this camera scrolls horizontally as the player moves across the level. The quickest way to get that type of follow is by using the RPG camera preset and toggling 'RotateWithTarget' off. This will let the target move freely while the camera's rotation is more or less static.

Breflabb likes this.
  7. Breflabb

Breflabb

thank you!

8. kain_vinosec

kain_vinosec

Hi! Brand new to Unity and I have what may be a couple of beginner questions.

Is it possible to use this in-game and let the player control the camera as they like?
    When purchased, what kind of usage is allowed? Specifically, can it be used in commercial games and if so, what would be the limitations/requirements for doing so?
    Also, if usable in commercial games, would it be okay to change the look of the menus and/or customize the functionality, or would it need to be used as/is?

Sorry for asking so much.

9. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

It is possible to use this in game, although I would not recommend giving the player this much control. The tool is built for the developer to give specific parameters to how the camera should perform for the player. It is useful to keep open during the development process to tweak certain parameters as needed.

You can use this tool to serve your projects commercially. You do not need to give credit or worry about royalty fees, etc.

You are free to extend the plugin as you wish. You are given all source code and UI objects.

Thanks for your questions. Happy developing!

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, I'm about to purchase this asset, and I've got a question, is it possible to switch between FPS preset and Standard in-game? Or make a simple line of code to achieve that, by pressing "x" player is able to switch? Something similar to Ghost Recon Future soldier, which is in 3rd person mode, unless you hit the middle mouse-button down, and player goes 1st person.

11. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Yes, this is doable. There is a CameraSwitch class that contains a public method SwitchToCamera(int type) that may be easier to call from wherever you need it if you set the method to be static.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Awesome, thanks!

13. gghitman69

gghitman69

hello I love your work
    good product
    i have buy this
    for improvement:
    you can add a start distance and
    I have a click to move when I click
    my character go right to the click
    the camera jumps to reposition you can put some smooth for reposition
    thanks
    (Standard Camera i use)

14. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Hello, thanks for the support and suggestions. I will consider them for the next update!

15. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi, is there a demo we could try out to see how the controls feel?

16. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Sure, you can try out a web demo here:
    Web Demo

17. Mulbin

Mulbin

Hi, could you tell me if I could use this asset to do the following?

Camera at a fixed point
    Must have configurable zoom with mouse wheel control
    Must have ability to rotate ONLY when right mouse button is held down
    Must have ability to pan within a configurable area
    Must support multiple cameras on multiple layers being controlled at the same time (the world outside my cockpit is viewed through a different camera to the cockpit interior)

I found a plugin that does nearly everything (Universal Camera+Input) but it prevents me from using on more than 1 camera at a time.

John-G likes this.
  18. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

The system does not support multiple cameras at this time.

19. bachirk

bachirk

Just bought the package, great work on the demo and plugin.
    Having some problems with RTS setup on mobile.

Testing on iPhone 6, the touch seems absolute relative to the screen. Tapping on top right, will jump way off the screen, and pinch zoom doesn't seem to work.

Are there any limitations for mobile we need to be aware of?
    Thanks

20. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Hi bach, thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    Can you email me at doneale3@gmail.com with more information about what is happening?

21. chatpongs

chatpongs

I am using the package in standard camera mode. Pinch zoom doesn't working on iOS and Android. Is there any workaround for this?

22. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Im sure it works, as I demonstrated in the demo video. It is hard for me to address the problem without more information though, please email me so we can figure out what is going on exactly.

23. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

Hi. is there a way to set the bounds of an RTS camera to prevent panning outside of such bounds? And if so, have you considered a rubber band effect allowing you to go a bit beyond and going back to the bounds on release?

Thanks!

24. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Currently there is no bound setting for the RTS Camera. I apologize for the inconvenience. This will definitely be included in the next update. Thank you for bringing it to my attention here.

25. seanrod

seanrod

Does your 3rd person camera return the camera behind player with a button press? Your tutorial "
    " seems to have it in the video, however the demos don't seem to have it. I believe in your tutorial you set up the number 5 key pad button to snap behind the player.

26. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

The camera package was built independently of our tutorial videos. So some minor features like this were not included - while other features were polished, and new ones were added. If you need assistance setting up any additional features for your project feel free to email and I can help you with it. The next update will include many of the comments made on this thread though.

27. Magic73

Magic73

I'm looking at this asset, but I need multicamera support.. (splitscreen as example... where every player may use its own settings), and may change between 2 or 3 camera types.

28. Bytewizards-SE

Bytewizards-SE

Seems like a great set of camera controllers. Will definitely check that out for my upcoming PC/Console projects

29. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

Switching between camera types on a per camera basis is completely doable. Just a simple call like CameraSwitcher.SwitchTo(1) - for example. I have not done any multi-camera testing however. I believe this should be an easy addition for the next update, though. It may even work as it is. Each camera script is an independent entity - so having multiple cameras is really as easy as duplicating and modifying the render rects on the viewport.

30. Magic73

Magic73

what did you mean with this statement??

31. Allsaveone

Allsaveone

Hi!

Love your Camera controller, i got it as soon as it was released!
    Im having a small issue you might be able to shed some light on, im useing the standard and rts camera for a turn based game. Rts view to move around, standard camera to follow the units as they move/attack etc.
    When i switch from rts to standard, i get a nice smooth lerped transition (camera moves smoothly into place), but when i switch back to rts view HandleDistance etc hard sets the rotation/position etc(single frame jerk into position).

Idealy id like a smooth transition from standard back to Rts view. i realise there are a few ways i could go about this but i was wondering if you had any recomendations.

32. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Hello,

Just purchased this asset; i'm very disappointed. Obstruction doesn't work at all :

Material doesn't have a color property '_Color'
    UnityEngine.Material:get_color()
    ObstructionHandler:Start() (at Assets/ControllerPackage/Scripts/Character/ObstructionHandler.cs:73)

I find the camera is very sluggish; especially while on moving objects.

I think I just wasted $15 ... too bad.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  33. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

If you are experiencing trouble, email right away. I am able to address any issues you are having. I personally use this pack on my projects without any sluggish behavior - and other users will agree. I apologize if you are having trouble, but please do not jump to writing a poor review.

The obstruction handler must work with a materials that allow modification of color. If the obstructions do not have materials with color settings, it will not fade them out...naturally.