Search Unity

Playmaker Word Game Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Graham-B, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Graham-B

Graham-B

3DSauce proudly presents,

Playmaker Word Game Kit. Now available on the Unity Asset Store* and 3DSauce.com!

*Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. While clicking these links won't cost you any money, it will help us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

The Playmaker Word Game Kit has everything you need to create a compelling word search game using Playmaker. Chock-full of features, this package will quickly and efficiently give you a head start with your own word game project!

Unity 5 Ready!
    *Requires Playmaker

Features:

1 - Find words diagonally, vertically and horizontally
    2 - Intelligent automatic vowel distribution
    3 - Easily design unique tile layouts
    4 - Assign unique point values to each letter
    5 - Minimum word length option
    6 - Harness score multipliers
    7 - Quick letter shuffle system with score penalty
    8 - Makes extensive use of ArrayMaker
    9 - Takes advantage of HOTween performance
    10 - Fun Ascending and Descending tile drag sounds
    11 - Visual easing of point and time values
    12 - Simple automated countdown clock
    13 - Scroll through all words and visualize their point values on game over screen
    14 - Basic touch controls built in

<< DEMO >>

Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, or post requests in this thread.
    You can also refer to our thread on the Playmaker forums.

Thank you all for your support! Please remember to leave a rating and review if you want to encourage updates and new kits!

This kit also comes bundled as part of the Playmaker Essentials Pack, a complete collection of our most popular Playmaker game templates!

Available on the Unity Asset Store* and 3DSauce.com!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

It's easy to change dictionaries on the fly???? For example detect the phone language and change dictionaries accordingly??

3. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Sooooo addicting..!

4. Graham-B

Graham-B

@b4c5p4c3
    Yes the dictionary can easily be changed on the fly. However Playmaker doesn't by default give you an action to detect the system language. There appears to be a custom action available for this purpose, I may integrate it in an update if it works properly.

@wetcircuit
    I am happy you like it! Thank you.

5. Graham-B

Graham-B

6. Graham-B

Graham-B

I've just submitted an update with support for English, French, Spanish, Italian and German dictionaries. Support for special characters has also been implemented.

Be sure to pick the kit up at it's current price as it will be going back up to regular price when the update is accepted!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  7. Graham-B

Graham-B

Thanks to everyone who purchased the kit, the update is now live!

Please remember to leave a rating or review if you want to support future updates and kits. I really appreciate it!

8. Graham-B

Graham-B

9. edwinver

edwinver

Is it possible to add your own dictionaries (like Dutch)?

10. Graham-B

Graham-B

Yes it is possible, I went ahead an made a dutch dictionary for you. If you want it before the next update just let me know. As long as a language is composed of mainly ASCII characters it is supported.

11. Graham-B

Graham-B

Just a heads up, this kit is going to be tomorrow's Unity Asset Store 24 hour deal. If you've been thinking of picking this up, now is the perfect time!

12. Graham-B

Graham-B

13. Graham-B

Graham-B

I created a compatible Portuguese Brazil (pt-BR) dictionary for someone today, if anyone needs it before the next update contact me and I'll be happy to share it with you. I also have a Dutch dictionary prepared as well if anyone needs it.

14. Graham-B

Graham-B

The 24 hour deal is almost half over, be sure to get your copy while it's hot!

15. Graham-B

Graham-B

16. Graham-B

Graham-B

Quick update guys. If you are using more than one scene in your word game, you are going to run into a serious game breaking issue. Upon loading a second puzzle scene, you'll notice the following error message in your console;

"MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Transform' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object."

You'll then notice that all of your HOTweens are broken. It appears that HOTweens stay in memory when changing scenes, and this can cause all sorts of problems.

Luckily, there is an extremely simple fix for anyone who experiences this. Simply use a "Hotween Kill" action before each load level action.

17. ctknoxville

ctknoxville

Is there a way to use this kit to make games that only use a very specific set of words that can be found? For example, I want to only include words for types of animals to be found such as "lion, tiger, elephant..."

18. Graham-B

Graham-B

Yes, you can supply a specific dictionary containing only the words you want included on any given puzzle. You can also place the letter tiles manually instead of randomized.

19. Graham-B

Graham-B

20. Graham-B

Graham-B

Word Game template for Playmaker is Unity 2017 ready, which now makes this word week!

To celebrate, we're offering 40% off when you purchase the Playmaker Word Game template on our website.
    (http://3dsauce.com/release/wordgame/)

Happy wording!

21. Graham-B

Graham-B

IMPORTANT information regarding all 3D Sauce templates!

If anyone is running into FSM or build errors, there are a few simple steps to follow that will remedy these issues until I've had time to update the packages.

Simply open all affected scenes and re-save them individually. This should fix any issues you are experiencing after updating to the latest version of any 3D Sauce template and Playmaker.

Thanks for you patience. Please don't hesitate to report any additional issues that may arise.

22. Graham-B

Graham-B

The Unity 2018 / Playmaker 1.9.0 support update is available now on the Unity Asset Store!

Installation issues have been resolved.

23. Graham-B

Graham-B

Unfortunately, due to recent changes in Playmaker and the deprecation of certain features in newer versions of Unity, Word Game Kit cannot immediately be updated for compatibility with Unity 2020.

Until we have a chance to rebuild the template from scratch, if you wish to use Word Game you will have to stick with Unity 2018.4.36 and Playmaker v1.9.0.p20. Word Game will remain available for those who wish to learn from it in the meantime, but please be aware of these limitations.