Search Unity

[RELEASED] PhysicsRecorder

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SUMFX, Jan 28, 2015.

1. SUMFX

SUMFX

e95e37e2-b318-4951-b47b-21e6725feb7a_scaled.jpg

PhysicsRecorder is a handy tool for capturing and recording transform values of single or multiple GameObjects, frame by frame to create static animations from realtime physics.

You can use this tool to increase performance by baking your physics to animation clips. It has a streamlined custom inspector window with number of features inside;

* Simple single drag'n drop prefab
    * Start recording by three options (On play, By keypress, Delayed)
    * Step by step instructions in Inspector for setup
    * Three transform recording options (Position, Rotation, Scale)
    * Optional post operations (Removing Rigidbodies, etc.)
    * Has options to set Animation name, duration and wrap mode
    * Built-in Transform renamer assistant to fix duplicated names
    * Multilevel hierarchy support
    * Supports Rigidbody, Box, Capsule, Sphere, Mesh and Convex Colliders
    * Unity 5 ready
    * Source code available

[ ASSET STORE PAGE ]
    Current price is $15

9b4cb87c-1ada-4a9e-836e-f178b2459be8_scaled.jpg
    96a9699a-d23e-4490-9e03-70da5e99f35e_scaled.jpg
    a2452132-3157-402f-b885-2d0f589a6faa_scaled.jpg

Need support, question or feature request?
    --------------
    You can contact with me at info@sumfx.net

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. S0ULART

S0ULART

Is it possible to also record for example movement by dragging Objects manualy in Playmode?

3. SUMFX

SUMFX

Ops. Sorry for the late reply. For some reason, i don't have any notification about your comment. For the question you asked; yes you can. It'll track all movement and rotation events in realtime.

4. SUMFX

SUMFX

New version submitted and waiting for review. You can set "Recording FPS " to improve animation editing performance with this update.

5. SUMFX

SUMFX

New package is live. Please update and let me know if your issue was resolved or not. Thanks!

6. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

nice work, can this be used in edit-mode?

7. SUMFX

SUMFX

No. You'll have to play the scene and select the start mode (immediatly, after seconds, with keypress) to record animation. It can ben added in one of the future versions however. But it's not planned yet.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. Psycho-Designs

Psycho-Designs

Hi,
    I just bought your asset! I'm having trouble recording non-legacy clips. It only records the first second of the physics. Is this normal? and if I try legacy mode, it creates a full clip but with no animations in it.

The quickest way to check this, I opened your TestScene, turned off "Make Legacy", keep the Animation Length at 10, play the scene to record, after 10 seconds, it creates the clip.
    When I select the clip in the inspector, and drag the "PhysicsParent" into the preview window, I can play and preview 1 sec of the animation. If I add the clip to an animation controller, it only plays the first one second as if it's the entire animation

If I do the same as the above but with "Make Legacy" on, it creates a clip that is 10 sec long but is empty.

Any idea why it'd do that?
    I'm running Unity 5.0.2f1 Pro 64x on Windows7 64x.

Thank you,
    Mo

9. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi Psycho-Designs,

Sorry for that you are experiencing an issue. I'm currently investigating it and will let you know when i found why it happens. Keep following please and thanks for reporting it.

10. SUMFX

SUMFX

@Psycho-Designs

Can you confirm that animation also has 1 second length in Animation (CTRL+6) window? I've followed the steps you mentioned with exact same configuration you noted as Unity and Windows versions. Preview window shows 1 second of the clip but the animation itself has 10 seconds length and behaves normally. So it looks like some sort of bug happens on preview window and I think it's not related to Physics Recorder asset.

11. SUMFX

SUMFX

PhysicsRecorder is on sale for a limited time!

%30 Discount -> 10$

GRAB IT NOW!

12. Psycho-Designs

Psycho-Designs

@SUMFX

Here is what it looks like. This is another test but it illustrates the same issue.

The master node's keyframe extend to the appropriate length, but the key frames on individual game objects don't go further than a second, except for a few instances that go a couple of frames further.

Thanks for looking into it!

13. SUMFX

SUMFX

@Psycho-Designs

What is your selected frame rate option in PhysicsRecorder ? And do you have any chance to send me some basic project this issue has?

14. xumxum

xumxum

Hi. Nice tool. Need to buy! The above reported problem has been solved?

15. ramy_d

ramy_d

@xumxum @SUMFX

I work with @Psycho-Designs and the issue had been resolved by updating Unity to more recent release. The issue seemed specific to a certain version of Unity. We have not re-tried the tool in 5.2 but expect no problems going forward with respect to Phsyics Recorder using the new animation systems.

16. SUMFX

SUMFX

Oh happy to hear that!

17. hlx

hlx

Hi Sumfx,

First, I wish you the best for this new year.

I plan to make cinematic sequences with physx vehicles (standard Unity 5.3 physx) in order to show them driven as a convoy (column of 4 vehicles in a town). Is your tool able to record "complex" physx calculations of these vehicles that I could convert as keyframing data ?

Regards,

hlx

18. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi!

Currently not but i'm working on this.

Thanks.

19. hlx

hlx

Hi sumfx !

Great to hear that. I purchased physics recorder and already began to capture physics data from an Eddy s Vehicle rig. In most of the case, I get a animation file but it doesn't seem to respect the number of frames that I set in the preferences before the capture session. Do you have an idea about this issue ?
    Thanks

20. allentin

allentin

Hi! I would like to know if it works on interactive cloth? I would like to make a cape which is great if it can be pre-baked the movement into animations.
    Thank you!

21. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi,

Unfortunately no. Not yet at least. Made some experiments on this but not ready to publish yet.

22. Tu-Dinh

Tu-Dinh

Hi with Unity 5.3.4, I have this problem when I try the test scene:
    The AnimationClip '' used by the Animation component 'PhysicsParent' must be marked as Legacy.
    UnityEngine.Animation:AddClip(AnimationClip, String)
    PhysicsRecorderManager:initRecording() (at Assets/SumFX/PhysicsRecorder/Scripts/PhysicsRecorderManager.cs:150)
    PhysicsRecorderManager:Start() (at Assets/SumFX/PhysicsRecorder/Scripts/PhysicsRecorderManager.cs:87)

And no animation was recorded.

23. SUMFX

SUMFX

Hi,

Didn't tested PR with 5.3. Please give me some time to test it against that version; will let you know about the results.

24. ElevenAB

ElevenAB

Hello, so I've just started using Physics Recorder in my game to simulate boxes flying. I already have the animation clip made but for some reason the animation seems to be played on world space?

https://postimg.org/image/renavy19h/

I've added a Ontriggerscript to play the animation but for some reason all the duplicates I've made from the original keep playing the animation at the same place (BoxCollection gameObject in the pic).

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

25. ftejada

ftejada

Hi

I am interested in your asset but I would like to see if the documentation is good. Could you give me a pdf copy of the asset manual before you buy?

Another question:
    When a gameobject is influenced by the animations created by its asset and finishes executing, can I make this gameobject to be influenced again by the normal Unity physics and no longer affected by its asset?

regards

26. klvo

klvo

Hi,
    This plugin seems to do what I need, but I'd like to confirm that before purchasing it.

I'm not interested in recording physics, I need to record the movement of several objects that are controlled by users while the preview is running so I can reuse the animations, and there are no physics involved.

Is this possible?
    Is it possible to record whether an object is active or not?

I'd also be interested in seeing the documentation, as I'm not sure if it does what I need.

Thanks in advance

27. klvo

klvo

I guess this asset has been discontinued as there have been no replies here since almost a year ago?

NightmarexGR and ftejada like this.
  28. iancolwill

iancolwill

I hope not, as we just bought it! Support and website links go to http://chameleon.sumfx.net/getting-started which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the physics recorder.

Anyway, it works ok but animation speeds seem to change depending on the object being animated. How do I fix this?

29. lruminski

lruminski

Hello,

Just wondering if the PhysicsRecorded would also capture blendshape animations on the model being recorded.

30. Omega_VR

Omega_VR

For those of you that are still buying this recorder, i myself bought it a few months ago and i found it absolutely terrible compared to one thats free and on Github. > https://github.com/newyellow/Unity-Runtime-Animation-Recorder

This threads old.. but there's no reason for you guys to buy a defective product, have fun.

ftejada likes this.
  31. smoketh

smoketh

Necroing it again - there is a unity3d recorder package now. It allows to record physics, movies (at designated sampled frame above your window resolution as well), gifs, etc.