Search Unity

[RELEASED] Notification Service

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Insalgo, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Insalgo

Insalgo

Maintaining contact with your client is an extremely important, yet not an easy task. However, with our brand new asset, Notification Service, implementing local notifications is now easier than ever before. This is a perfect engagement tool that lets everyone see front door to your business, that can create bond with user and eventually, loyalty to the brand.

This is not just another annoying tool, discouraging people, rather than inviting them to use application more frequently. It is simple, yet very smart, adapting to whatever your needs may be in order to make sure that users come back time and again.

The plugin makes it very easy to push notifications (i.e. just like Facebook App does) while your application is paused/closed.

> LINK TO ASSET STORE <

> OFFICIAL WEBSITE <

Features

Time. Send notification with given delay.
    Ticker Text. Text that will be shown in the notification bar at the time of sending notification.
    Content Title. Title of your notification that will be displayed in the notification bar.
    Content Text. Content of your notification.
    Vibration. Notification Service allow you to turn on or turn off vibration for your notification.
    Other. Sound effects, LED signals, reboot options and more.

Requirements

Unity 4.0 or higher.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Insalgo

Insalgo

Changelog for V 2.1

• Proper handling of device reset, killing and closing application.
    • Improved API.

Changelog for V 2.0

• Added sound effects.
    • Added LED signals.
    • Added reboot options.
    • Major improvements for Unity 5.

Changelog for V 1.2

• Major improvements for Unity 4.

Changelog for V 1.1

• Added more detailed documentation.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  3. Insalgo

Insalgo

A new version of Notification Service 1.1 has been released today with major improvements for Unity 4. Let us know what do you think about new version of Notification Service.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  4. Insalgo

Insalgo

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  5. Rocco-Salvetti

Rocco-Salvetti

Hi guys. I am loving the asset but I see that PN aren't going to be sent if the user manually kills the app. It is true that apps are normally killed by the system but I wouldn't call it an edge case. Nerds like me like killing app out of boredom and to clean up that menu. Could you please make make to work also after it was the user to kill the app please?

Cheers.
    R.

6. Insalgo

Insalgo

Thank you for your request. We will notice you as soon as this will be possible through Notification Service.

7. Requiem99

Requiem99

Hi guys! Can I also remove a notification that is no longer necessary to avoid it to appear?

8. Insalgo

Insalgo

Hey @Requiem99,

Yes, it's pretty easy! Just use RemoveSingleNotification method that takes notificationID in his first parameter.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Requiem99 likes this.
  9. Requiem99

Requiem99

I finally bought Notification Service!!!, but I have one last question to ask!
    I'd like to show a notification only once, but if I enable KeepNotificationsAfterReboot() notification continues to appear each time you reboot. (I need KeepNotificationsAfterReboot() because notifications may have to appear also after a few days). I thought about using RemoveSingleNotification a bit of seconds after the display of the notification, but I fear that in this way if you did not see the notification you lose it completely, right?
    How could I do? You are very kind! Many thanks once again!

Update:
    I have tried to use RemoveSingleNotification but the notifications continue to appear whenever I reboot the device! Please help me!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  10. Insalgo

Insalgo

@Requiem99,

Please provide information about device, Unity and Android version you are using.

11. Requiem99

Requiem99

Unity installed version is 5.3.2f1;
    Device: Meizu MX4, Android 5.0.1 (Flyme OS 4.5.7I)

12. Insalgo

Insalgo

Thank you @Requiem99. Our engineers will try to reproduce your issue and provide correct solution as soon as possible.

Requiem99 likes this.
  13. Requiem99

Requiem99

Ok, thank you very much. I have tried also the app on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with Android 5.1.1 but I have the same problems. Notifications continue to appear, and I have seen that notification's delay restart when I reboot the device. So, if I set an hour of delay to a notification and then I reboot the device, elapsed time is not saved and the count restart again. There is a solution for this? It is the main reason why I bought the component! Thanks for the attention.

14. Insalgo

Insalgo

@Requiem99

We would like to apologize you for being late with updates, but we are still dealing with the chaos left after Easter. Could you share your email with us?

15. Requiem99

Requiem99

alek.lovo@gmail.com

16. Requiem99

Requiem99

Any news?

17. Insalgo

Insalgo

@Requiem99 We have sent you a Release Candidate of the new Notification Service. Please take a look and write to us if it suits your requirements.

18. Insalgo

Insalgo

19. Requiem99

Requiem99

I have developed by myself a plugin for Unity with Android Studio for make notifications because Notification Service can't do what I want. I had asked if it could do what I needed, but you never responded directly. So I had to program the plugin from scratch by myself.

20. Insalgo

Insalgo

Meet Notification Service 2.1

Implement local notifications and make your games more addicting. Updated version of Notification Service has simpler API which leaves no doubt how to add your own, unique notification.

Plan your game the way you want
    There is no need to think about user behaviours now, like closing the game, turning phone off or simply killing processes.

New package is available in Asset Store.

21. Durston88

Durston88

Silly question... could I use this plugin simply to query whether the device has notifications enabled or not in the first place? Does is have Register/Unregister methods? Or is it solely for setting up and pushing notifications? Thanks!

22. Insalgo

Insalgo

@JumpDog, Notification Service is not able to query if device has notifications disabled.

23. Durston88

Durston88

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure it's even possible, just wanted to know. :D

Insalgo likes this.
  24. kathode

kathode

Hi, I have this working well in my game, but have a feature request. The ability to detect if a user launched the app from a notification would be super valuable. Even just a bool that gets set on launch would be great. Thanks!