Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Misciagno

Misciagno

I'm under the impression there is still no way to set up our own custom characters with this system? We will definitely be using this system when that is implemented? Don't want our characters looking like everyone else's ;)

JoRouss likes this.
  2. Johannahe

Johannahe

@Mijn
    You can see the pectoral bones in the "Rig" setting of the model in Unity.

You will see that the pectoral bones are wrong.

This is not a Unity problem but rather a Morph3D / DAZ problem.

Here is a screenshot from Maya that shows how the model comes out when exported from DAZ as FBX.
    Morph3D did not change anything about it so they have the same problem.

I think the FBX exporter in DAZ is broken. I reported the problem 3 months ago and still no fix.

No matter if you use DAZ (game license with many options) or Morph3D (cheaper Asset Store license with more ready-made contents for you and less head aches), the problem must first be fixed by DAZ.

3. martinamenegon

martinamenegon

oh i see.. i was confused by those bones, but never needed to use them before.. hope is going to be fix..

Johannahe likes this.
  4. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

Here's a list of methods for manipulating blendshapes. At the moment it's best to set Blendshapes via SetBlendShapeValue (vs. setting the blendshape values directly).

BLENDSHAPES METHODS

public void SetBlendshapeValue (string displayName, float val)
    Summary:
    Sets a blendshape's value in the blendshapeModel by name.

public CoreBlendshape GetBlendshapeByName(string bs_name)
    Summary:
    Gets the blendshape by name.

public List<CoreBlendshape> GetActiveBlendShapes ()
    Summary:
    Returns a list of CoreBlendshape objects that have a non-zero currentValue.

public List<string> GetActiveBlendshapeNames()
    Summary:
    Returns a List of CoreBlendshape object names that have a non-zero currentValue.

public List<CoreBlendshape> GetAllBlendshapes ()
    Summary:
    Returns a list of all CoreBlendshape objects currently associated with the character model.

public List<string> GetAllBlendshapeNames()
    Summary:
    Returns a List of CoreBlendshape names currently attached to the character model.

public List<CoreBlendshape> GetBlendhapesByFunction(BLENDSHAPE_TYPE bst)
    Summary:
    Returns a List of CoreBlendshapes of a given type; e.g., returns all FHM (Full Head Morph) CoreBlendshapes.

public List<string> GetBlendshapeNamesByFunction(BLENDSHAPE_TYPE bst)
    Summary:
    Returns a List of CoreBlendshape names of a given type; e.g., Returns all FHM (Full Head Morph) CoreBlendshape names.

public void LockBlendshape(string blendshapeName)
    Summary:
    Locks a CoreBelendshape of a specific name. A locked CoreBlendshape's value cannot be changed until the isLocked property is set to false.

public void UnlockBlendshape(string blendshapeName)
    Summary:
    Unlocks a CoreBlendshape of a specific name. Allows Blendshape's value to be modified.

public void LockBlendshapeGroup(string groupName)
    Summary:
    Locks a CoreBlendshapeGroup, preventing modification of the groupValue or individual CoreBlendshape values.

public void UnlockBlendshapeGroup(string groupName)
    Summary:
    Unlocks a CoreBlendshapeGroup, allowing modification of the groupValue and individual CoreBlendshape values.

public void AddBlendShapeGroup(string groupName)
    Summary:
    Adds an empty CoreBlendshapeGroup to the blendshapeGroupList.

public void AddBlendShapeGroup(string groupName, List<CoreBlendshape> set)
    Summary:
    Overloaded version of AddBlendshapeGroup; creates a new CoreBLendshapeGroup, then adds a list of Blendshapes to the Blendshape Group.

public List<string> GetAllBlendshapeGroupNames()
    Summary:
    Returns a List of all CoreBlendshapeGroup names associated with character model.

public List<CoreBlendshapeGroup> GetAllBlendshapeGroups()
    Summary:
    Returns a list of all of the CoreBlendshapeGroups associated with a character Model.

public bool AddBlendShapeToGroup(string groupName, string blendshapename)
    Summary:
    Adds a specific CoreBlendshape to an existing CoreBlendshapeGroup.

public bool RemoveBlendShapeFromGroup(string groupName, string blendshapename)
    Summary:
    Removes a CoreBlendshape from an existing CoreBlendshapeGroup.

public void SetGroupValue(string groupName, float value)
    Summary:
    Sets a BlendshapeGroup's value by name.

P.S.
    There is the persistent belief (in this thread) that the pectoral bones are broken, they are not. Please read the early portions of this thread to understand how they work, @Morph 3D has posted a variety of images and videos regarding this issue.

5. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Actually, they are backwards compared to any other model I've looked at in Unity that has the bones. It may be fine for a project that only uses your models, but unfortunately it may be a while before you guys have that much content. This means that we have to code controllers for your models totally different than we would other models. I really don't get why producing a skeleton that matches any other unity skeleton is such a big issue. Sounds like this has been an issue for a while with the DAZ export. It almost sounds more like an issue with DAZ itself than you guys specifically.

At any rate, stuff like this is what will keep me focusing on UMA where I'm using a more standardized skeleton. At least that is my plan until you guys fix this or someone creates a skeleton fixer script that fixes the bones to be normal. :)

6. SimoneDunzendorfer

SimoneDunzendorfer

I really like realistic animations. When I do female animations I always do breast animation. A little bit just for realism. I have experience with DAZ Studio. In DAZ Studio all my female animations work fine. When I export from DAZ Studio or when I use your models breast bones are not working correctly anymore because breast bones point to the back of the model. Is it a big problem to fix this?

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Could not agree more with you Shawn - and UMA also allows for custom created content which is not available with this system - and looks like it won't be for some time to come.
    Oddly enough - morphable, interchangeable clothing options for Daz characters seem to be the selling point of this system, while I see a completely free UMA system readily available to accept ANY characters with ANY custom clothing sets - not restricted by the system.

Seems like a logical choice to go with the system that works properly UMA, which has already solved the skin/clothing overlapping issue, doesn't have incorrect bone setup (yes the pectoral bones are oriented wrong - no matter how many times you say they are not) and allows for unlimited character and clothing customization.

Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  8. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Back at you on the couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter how many years experience you have. If you are exporting models with the bones backwards, it is still wrong. They are new here to the Unity community and while the broken bones might work with their utilities they developed to accommodate the backwards bones, people are having problems with them using assets already in their own development pipeline. You would think they would want to fix it to match what is already here instead of expect everyone to have to duct tape scripts and assets to work with backwards bones.. heheh

But at any rate, I'm done complaining. Seems it is falling on deaf ears regarding the pectoral bones. Going to keep watching to see how the asset develops but at this point I own UMA models and and going to keep focus there. This is going to be my last comment on the bones, unless it is to say thank you for them fixing it down the road.. lol

theANMATOR2b and Teila like this.
  9. medhue

medhue

No offense to Morph3D, but you should not be releasing characters like this until you have the documentation ready and structure in place to modify it. This is not just some character, with limited features that you just throw animation on and go. At this point, how can I, or anyone else use the product? We'd all have a naked Genesis2 in our games, or with that 1 outfit or hair. I just got my development team to accept Morph3D's characters, but now I have to stop everything, and maybe choose another character, cause we have no way of clothing them with the dozens of costumes we have ready. Not only that, but we have no idea when we'll be able to use our own clothing for the avatars. I'm perplexed by the decision to release something at this stage.

Again, I'd really love to use and promote your product, but I can't do that if I can't even put clothing on them.

Note to Unity: Why would you make your merchants go thru an approval process on products already available? Get over yourselves and give the merchants the freedom they need to support their own products. This is exactly why I sell my Unity3D products on my own website, and not thru Unity's marketplace.

Teila likes this.
  10. medhue

medhue

How about Morph3D just gives us the info, and we'll decide whether we are wasting our time or not. I was able to convert my current clothing over to your model, with blend shapes, in about 10 min. So, I seriously doubt the process is all that difficult.

SimoneDunzendorfer likes this.
  11. Johannahe

Johannahe

After 3 months of fighting with the DAZ support I finally got an explanation.

They basically say that the bones only appear wrong because they introduced end points to the bones in DAZ and Unity and Maya and 3DSMax are confused by them.

I don't have time to check this right now with an animation, but I will do that later.

I hope DAZ support is right.

12. EDarkness

EDarkness

I think it's a little unfair to really compare to UMA since it's been around for years. They've had plenty of time to mature their product and Morph3D has only been out a few months. Not saying that the Morph3D guys don't have a lot of work ahead, but providing feedback so they can get things rolling in a way that works for everyone. I just want a system that's easy to use with lots of outfits so we all don't have "samey" looking characters. It'll take some time to get there, but it it's something to strive for in the future.

pendantry and berk-maketafi like this.
  13. Teila

Teila

UMA is free and made by volunteers. Perfectly okay to compare it to a company that is profit based and has paid employees. With paychecks, they could have finished the product before releasing and could have fixed the models.

theANMATOR2b and l0cke like this.
  14. l0cke

l0cke

This is exactly what I descibed in "evil and locked by Unity moderator" topic why to use UMA. To create mature character systems takes LOTS of time and it is waste of effort to reinventing wheel. Better to improve existing ones.

15. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Not sure anyone has compared to UMA. In my posts I simply said I am going to continue to focus on UMA but watch development here. At this stage, this isn't a platform that I'm willing to invest any money into based on some of the issues I'm seeing posted and the responses back from (or lack of) from the Morph team. I still have hopes for them but it just needs to mature more for me to be comfortable enough to consider sinking any resources into.

blockimperium likes this.
  16. medhue

medhue

Well, I'm quite happy Daz/Morph3D has made this transition. Everyone wins in the end, but that same joy is flipped on it's head when I can't put any of our clothing on them. I have a number of clients that need character stuff, and it's an issue all of them have been seasawing over. I think, for many of them, Morph3D is that solution.

Real world example: Zen Buddhist monk has meditation training online, and uses Unity with their own devices. They have their own clothing, and symbols. Yes, some things, like japanese buildings can be used from the asset store, but everything around the characters is specific to their sect.

I think for indy devs dealing with these niche clients, timing is also everything. They are ready to go. The money is there. We've been developing other, non character related, games for the community, but they want 3D multiplayer now, with custom characters for the community. Morph3D looks like their solution, but we need to put our clothing on them. I have people and myself to make things we need, although you can never have enough hair options.

If Morph3d has a working way to get clothing on them, I'd LOVE to see it. The steps and complexity are irrelevant. Otherwise, that project is still in limbo.

umutozkan and Teila like this.
  17. Plutoman

Plutoman

However, UMA is extraordinarily far from mature.

And the reason why? Because it's free. Because people who use it have one choice, when they need features, or anything else - they make it themselves. I make a comment about documentation, and get told that I should figure it out and write a tutorial. Immense waste of time when I would actually rather be paying for it to be done.

Many people here, would rather be putting our efforts elsewhere and paying someone to do that. This is where Morph3D can come in. It does take effort to create a mature character system. And effort requires money. UMA has no money, which means it's a disorganized mess with no coding standards, no real tutorials, no solid API.

I respect UMA for being able to create that, but it took quite a bit of work to even begin to integrate it properly. Nothing works quite like described, nothing would fit together without additional work. That belied a lack of proper standards and conventions and proper QA. I would rather trust the company that I am paying to offer a product; because I know my money is going to improving it, rather than trust the group of people who are working in their off, free-time, to improve a product that I plan to use.

So yes, the project here is in limbo. That doesn't mean it needs to stay that way. UMA did not start as a fully fledged system, and neither has this. Morph3D has popped in here often to reply and give feedback and I respect that. Judge them on what it is right now, and look forward to what it can be. If you need a full character system 'right now', then yes, skip it. If you can wait, then keep an eye on it until it's ready for custom content. If it was easy, why isn't there more competitors? I lack specialty in this, which is why I want to pay them, who have the specialty, to do it for me.

18. Teila

Teila

Absolutely. No one says you should not pay someone to do your work. Issue is that UMA is moving forward with complete customization in the beginning. Morph3d tell us "it is to complex" while they sell us a few clothing models.

That is fine, but UMA is REALLY complex. I can't image anything more complex. lol I am sure a lot of us could figure out Morph3d's clothing system as well. Many of us need that ability because no matter how many packs are sold, our clothing is unique and will not show up in any pre-packaged assets.

I would pay if it had the capabilities I need. I was able to UMA to work and it works exactly as I expect. We have a complete system for making NPCs created by my programmers and can put custom clothing in quite easily now.

That said, I would switch to Morph3d if they had such a thing, for the same reasons you said. I would trust an actual company to fix bugs and update faster and more reliably. The bug with the bones does concern me though. The UMA guys would be on top of that one. Not sure what to think anymore, honestly. lol

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  19. medhue

medhue

I'm considering just using the fbx, and just attaching the clothing normally. We have some specific characters we need to create, so we just dial the morphs in Blender to create our character, and then put the clothing on them like any other fbx. Just use the figure like that until Morph3D's system evolves. I would not think this is against the EULA.

20. Cyance

Cyance

upload_2015-11-11_20-5-22.png Hi there,
    I have bought the full MCS Male 1.0r.1. Maybe iam doing something wrong but i get an error. MCS is connected to a controller and works perfect. Can walk, run, jump and crouch at the moment. When i run the game i will get 1 or 2 errors in runtime

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (.TKey key, .TValue value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap.Traverse (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService+BoneMap..ctor (UnityEngine.Transform transform)
    MORPH3D.CORESERVICES.CSBoneService.Awake ()

I don't know where i have to look at.
    Any one got an idea?

Also i have noticed when i jump or crouch i can see my skin. So skin goes through the clothes.

Also you have to add your content packs first before you add your controls to your character. Otherwise it is not possible to add your hair/outfits/props.

Hair from the MCSMale i can't add to the WoodElfScout

for the full MCSMale the Urban Metro Vest there is an issue see image. For the pants if you crouch you it is getting worse. But i count on you guys that these will be fixed. For the white shirt it doesnt matter. It is just an old shirt :) But it got also some holes in it.
    upload_2015-11-11_20-3-30.png upload_2015-11-11_20-8-7.png upload_2015-11-11_20-9-21.png

For the MidnightRogue if i add hair, it will come through your outfit.
    Needs also some small changes on the pants. Or just let me know if that was your plan to make holes in the outfits. upload_2015-11-11_20-3-30.png upload_2015-11-11_20-5-22.png

Sofar i am impressed that the character is so awesome and advanced and looking forward for more updates.

Regards

Philip

Attached Files:

berk-maketafi likes this.
  21. EDarkness

EDarkness

I agree with this. They have some work to do, but I just don't see UMA as a viable alternative for me personally and even so they've had a lot more time to get features in and such. The early days of UMA were pretty bad if I remember correctly. Just saying that it's okay to complain about things being broken, but we do have to consider the fact that they've just started doing this. There are going to be bugs, things that bug the crap out of people, features missing, etc. Just par for the course. Bring them up and making them aware of the problems is a good step. I just feel like people are being a bit antagonistic.

Still, I don't want to invest a lot into this until they get more outfits and allow people to create new ones because the benefit of a system like this is flexibility. All the morphs in the world don't mean anything if all characters are wearing the same outfits as well as making it easy to change skin color, hair color, etc. There's a lot of room for improvement. My goal here is to help get it where it needs to be as I feel like this system just works better than UMA and I want to see it get to where everyone can get the most out of it.

Plutoman likes this.
  22. EntropicalFruit

EntropicalFruit

@Cyance With regard to your runtime error; I can't replicate the error you're getting. In order to better understand it, could you give me some more information on it, and what else is in the project? You can PM me with any info, and we can try to solve it for you.

Thanks also for spotting the poke-through issues, I'll look in those. Hair and hats/hoods is always a problem. Mostly with fully head covering garments, it's necessary to turn the hair off when applying them. Thank you also for the kind words, we're working hard to get these bugs/issues ironed out as quickly as possible.

23. l0cke

l0cke

UMA is perfectly usable now. And it has the most important thing, LOTS of equipment/addons. It is probably only system on the market with morphable character, which provides complete set of equipment for RPG fantasy game.
    Sure, you have to solve some coding issues to implement it, but such work must be done anyway no mature of maturity.
    It took us very short time to implement it. Ony other solution would take 10x more + there is not that big ammount of equipment available. Any customizable character system without complete equipment set is useless. Several clothing models are by far not enough and who will risk to wait other 1-2 years until (IF) it is done?

theANMATOR2b and Teila like this.
  24. pendantry

pendantry

Just wanted to chime in here with my tuppence...

I'm completely new to Unity. Downloaded it just three days ago. I'm totally gobsmacked.

One of the first things I did was notice that there was an attractive female (ok, just call me a perv) model that could be added to the environment, and a basic ('lite') version of it was being offered totally free by Morph3D. Did a little digging and found that, in Unity, it's apparently possible to take animations already designed for a humanoid model and apply them to another humanoid model... and this is why I ended up in this thread.

This isn't a 'tl;dr' -- I've read most of the thread, though I freely admit that quite a bit of it has gone over my head. I don't understand the significance of the 'backward-pointing bones', other than to recognise that this apparently means that these models will be incompatible with others (thus breaking the Unity mecanim thingy). If that's right, then this is clearly a downside for everyone concerned. Whether there is any real problem with the 'bone direction' issue, it's clear simply from reading this thread that it appears to be an issue -- and that is going to turn folks off.

I'm not the only perv out there in the real world. Being able to play with toy dolls in a virtual environment is something that could attract a great deal of attention. But the real point is that it's one thing to be able to stick a variety of pretty clothes on a dummy, but getting the dummy to move is a horse of an entirely different (and altogether far more appealing) colour. A horse that quite literally has entire universes of potential.

In a nutshell: I'm wondering whether Morph3d wouldn't be better to focus on offering a product that moves, first, and worrying about how it looks, later.

25. EntropicalFruit

EntropicalFruit

@pendantry Getting models to move is very easy. You can apply an Animation controller component to the model root object, and build into it any 3rd party humanoid animation that you want. Currently, I believe that Mixamo are offering their animations for free whilst the company transitions to Adobe. Barring that, there are a large number of animation packages on the asset store. The assetstore also contains a number of ready built character controllers.

There are characters and controllers free with Unity too. Go to the Assets menu; Import Package > Characters which will install a host of useful things to play with.

pendantry, berk-maketafi and Cyance like this.
  26. pendantry

pendantry

OK, thanks very much for the information! :)

27. Cyance

Cyance

I really would like to see hair physics on these characters :) Wishlist Cyance

28. Gunhi

Gunhi

broken skin as screenshot below when input other animations. "Unity-Chan" idle animations for example

I tried with both Free and Paid version? how can I deal with this?

29. Cyance

Cyance

Nice tool to add with the Morph3D character. But if i want to add Salsa i only get 4 options. I do not see the 3D Salsa for DAZ/Morph3D. 2 of eye movements and the other 2 are 2D Salsa and 3D Salsa.

Waiting for reply from Salsa.

btw i tried to reimport the package
    Anyone else here got an idea? :)

30. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

We distribute our free add-on's through our website, it allows us to be more nimble with updates and bug fixes. Please download the MCS add-on using the link below. Once installed, the 1-click setup options will be available through the component menu as seen in our videos.

http://crazyminnowstudio.com/posts/using-daz3d-characters-with-salsa-with-randomeyes/

berk-maketafi and Cyance like this.
  31. EntropicalFruit

EntropicalFruit

@Gunhi Can you re-upload the image, it seems to have failed.

@Crazy Minnow Studio That's an awesome looking package, great to have it working with our MCS figures. So simple to use as well.

@Cyance We like hair physics too. Whilst it's not on our immediate roadmap, you can be sure it's something that we love too, and will want to look at further.

32. EntropicalFruit

EntropicalFruit

@medhue We're looking at roughly Q1 2016 to release the tool-set for creating clothing for the MCS system. This is an important system, and we know that so many people want to see this as much as we do. As soon as there's any concrete news, it will be posted here.

33. silentneedle

silentneedle

One question regarding the clothing. Do you attach jackets/pants as a separate gameobject above the base mesh or are the clothes baked together with the basemesh like in UMA?

34. Gunhi

Gunhi

Image attached HERE
    This is the original character (Paid version). I haven't edited or adjusted anything yet.
    It also has some broken skin in the back during animation. I also tried with other animations (Raw Mocap) and get same results. I'm using Unity 5.1.3p3 on MAC

35. Plutoman

Plutoman

The overlaps are only fixed at runtime; is the scene running?

36. Ony

Ony

Try this. I've been using my own modified (c# and other changes) version of this technique for six years now for properly putting clothing over nude character models. A few years ago I combined this "stitching" technique with Mega-Fiers wrap modifier so not only does the clothing attach itself to the actual character skeleton at run-time, it now wraps perfectly and shapes itself to whatever shape I make the characters with morphs.

Hopefully this will help everyone having trouble with clothing and Daz\Morph 3D (or any) naked characters. I haven't tried Morph3D (I use Daz (based - custom modified) characters in my latest game which are apparently what Morph3D is based on) but from what it looks like this should work fine.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    nirvanajie and theANMATOR2b like this.
  37. Cyance

Cyance

upload_2015-11-14_12-31-6.png upload_2015-11-14_12-32-22.png upload_2015-11-14_12-33-27.png

Hi Morph3D,

As soon as i am using other clothings my Transform/Position will move to far far away from character.
    Have selected the MCSMale prefab.
    Default clothings male and female are ok.
    See images above.
    Just to let you know.
    Kind regards

Philip

38. Cyance

Cyance

Hi Morph3D and Salsa,

I have a question, does Salsa work with MCS Lite version?
    Is working fine on the full male version.
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, only her eyes are moving :)

Philip

39. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

As documented on our DAZ/MCS add-on page, SALSA only works on the full versions of MSC characters. The lite versions do not include the necessary mouth BlendShapes.

http://crazyminnowstudio.com/posts/using-daz3d-characters-with-salsa-with-randomeyes/

40. Cyance

Cyance

Ok cool now that i know it

Thank you very much

And yes i have to read the manual!!! :)

41. umutozkan

umutozkan

Hi everyone,

I created a little character creation demo with Morph 3D using runtime blendshape changes. I've put a slider for almost all available blendshapes (left out monster stuff like goblin, vampire etc.) There are clipping issues with clothing as a some people here pointed out (especially as blendshape value gets higher). I don't know clipping is dependent on client's computer specs but if it is not, some dev can check it out and see the issues themselves (better than taking screenshots I think).

So here is the link http://www.o3n.org/morph3d-in-action/

42. tonisillanpaa

tonisillanpaa

Hello everone,

I'm new to Unity and am having problems with the MCS Male. When I try to import the assets, Unity crahes and complains about memory. After restarting the project everything imports fine, except for the MCSMale.fbx which crashes Unity everytime (again with the memory). As the file is only 36mb in size, memory really can't be an issue?

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

EntropicalFruit likes this.
  43. celebrus

celebrus

They are aware of this and are working on finding a solution. Thanks for sharing the demo. You said you are writing a tutorial, will you be releasing the source?

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...cs-male-and-female.355675/page-4#post-2340691

44. celebrus

celebrus

Also your shoulders and waist look wierd. Is that something to do with the webplayer?

(Below is mine rendered in the editor)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  45. umutozkan

umutozkan

@celebrus I don't plan to release the source for the current Character creation demo since it is quite messy and contains stuff unrelated to Morph 3D.

I was planning to just write a detailed guide with code snippets and screenshots but I'll try to create a much simpler version of the character editor while writing the guide and release the source to that.

About the shoulder and waist issue, they do seem weird. I guess it's not specific to web player though. I've built an android version and same shoulders and waist there. It certainly looks much better when I build for PC. I could upload the PC build if you're interested.

PC screenshot:

46. celebrus

celebrus

Thanks,

No need to upload a pc version, I was just wondering why yours looked so different than mine.

47. umutozkan

umutozkan

By the way, about the clothing clipping, I am sure they are working to solve the issue. But I think clipping is not something they can just solve completely. I assume it's not only related to MCS system but also related to the specific clothing item model too. So in time (when tools are released) user created clothings would be out and clipping is always gonna be an issue.

So I am thinking maybe they can provide a "gap" property for the clothing (or a gap parameter when attaching the clothing). For example when you specified a gap of 5 clothing piece would apply an additional 5 to the morphs.

48. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I saw that there was finally a fantasy oriented model available for us to test with on the asset store so I grabbed it and MCS Male Lite and threw them into a scene. After some digging around I was finally able to find the character and get it pulled into my scene. To be honest, the Readme is fairly vague.

Once I figured that part out, I was able to get him pulled into my scene and working with my character controller. The good part is, tying him to the character controller worked perfectly.

I'm having some minor issues though. First, I'm digging around and I can't seem to find documentation. We have a bunch of scripts, but some documentation would be great. If it is in there, it is buried. Might be good to have a documentation folder directly under the Morph3D folder. Finding the proper method of changing clothing colors for us non-artists would be a huge help.

The other issue is when I hide the EWOverTunic, I see skin bleed through in EWTunic. Likewise, when I go further and hide EWTunic, I see skin bleed through in EWPants. If he is wearing the complete set, that is hidden and might be ok for some games, but in one where clothing is going to be changed it doesn't work at all. This is totally default character with absolutely no morphs done. I didn't even see where the morphs were until now. lol

49. celebrus

celebrus

You would need to adjust the materials under the M3DMaterials folder. It would be great if they included substance files for greater control.

The skin bleed should only happen in the editor. When you run your game, their shouldn't be any. There are some issues with clothing bleeding too, but Morph3D has said they are working on a solution for that.

50. pendantry

pendantry

... a couple of days later...

After looking at some of the things you suggest, and having spectacularly achieved 'epic fail' status, I think this is the kind of situation where the words "very easy" ought to only ever be used when accompanied by the disclaimer "if you know how".

Maybe I'm just not the right audience for your product; but if you think that I could be, then I would suggest including at least a basic 'idle' animation with the teaser 'lite' package.