Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

Hey @LennartJohansen the MCS M: Sci-Fi Bundle and the individual outfit packs just went live. Check 'em out here:

MCS M: Sci-Fi Bundle 01
    Space Marine
    Outpost Mercenary
    Retro Spacesuit
    Starship Crew

Also, our first 2 fantasy outfits are nearing submission, we just need to finish the artwork for them. I'll try to remember to post up the images up here when I get them :)

2. acaroppos

acaroppos

@Morph 3D I am not a sci-fi fan, but the hair caught my attention.
    However I am a bit confused about it. In your first MCS you introduced such great Volund shader hair. It looked great.

The hair in your newer packages however look... hmmm... let's just say "not so good".
    Are you going to fix that?

daz3dfab and Jerome-P like this.
  3. EDarkness

EDarkness

I messed around with this yesterday...finally...and noticed that there is a lot of clipping with the clothes. The body shows through the clothes and it's really annoying. Also, the hair is a little too high poly. Since the camera is zoomed out pretty far, I don't need hair that detailed. I'd really like to have more flexibility there.

The new packs look great, but I think it would be nice to have a hair pack. I don't need the sci-fi stuff, but the hair is something I can use.

You guys gonna add in a way to make it easy to change hair/skin/eye color?

daz3dfab, Jerome-P and OfficialHermie like this.
  4. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

I love the Female Pack so far, bought it to play around with and have a request addition if you're taking them.
    -Draconic Features / Scales. This is something I cannot find ANY solutions for and would love to see added.
    Some information on how we can make our own clothing to work with the system, I haven't had enough time to really dig deep into your systems yet (next week is my goal to start), but getting armed with the info ahead of time would really help.
    Thanks!

5. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

I bought the Scifi bundle and it works great.

The space suit asset has a problem for me. The helmet does not show up when I add the pack to the character. It is there in the fbx file but I find no way to activate it.

I have anothe issue. I am creating my character from a prefab in script. When I add an outfit pack in script I have to wait until LateUpdate the following frame, if I add it at character creation time or even in Update next frame it gives an error.
    is this by design or a bug?

For a mobile version of my game I am trying to reduce download size. I would like to remove 2 or 3 of the LODs. Can I just delete them from the prefab or could this lead to problems with the LOD setting system?

daz3dfab likes this.
  6. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

@EDarkness Is the hair like in the main MCS pack with a Volund Shader?

SimoneDunzendorfer and Jerome-P like this.
  7. Shannara

Shannara

8. snowcult

snowcult

Would like to see some "user creation" screen shots of what other people have created.

So are DAZ3D clothing items drag and drop ready or do they require work?

9. Jerome-P

Jerome-P

Looking forward to some more "Volund" hair.

SimoneDunzendorfer likes this.
  10. EDarkness

EDarkness

Spent most of the evening trying to get this to work in my main project with no luck. When it imports none of the morphs are there (for the female), but when I import the male version it deletes the female version and model comes in pink with no material. Sometimes it has morphs and sometimes it doesn't. I've been trying to get it into my project successfully all night with no luck. I had to revert to the temporary model I was using before I started use the Morph3D models many months ago. Pretty disappointing.

EDIT: Another thing, even if I delete the Morph3D folder, it doesn't solve the problem at all. As a matter of fact, it's like it saves the state of the folder even if it's deleted and added back again. I'll admit that this may be a Unity "feature", but I don't remember it doing this in the past. Basically, I can't reset and start over. Eventually, I get an error that the files are already there...when there's nothing there at all.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  11. MrIconic

MrIconic

Is anyone else having the issue where dragging content packs in shows up in the content pack list but not on the body or in either the hair or clothing list?

12. daz3dfab

daz3dfab

Hey there @LennartJohansen, the helmet for the retro space suit is considered a prop and as such it won't appear when you add the retro suit to the character- you'll need to add a script to make it work.

Here's how to add the helmet:
    -add a Male MCS character to the scene
    -in your unity project, find your folder with the retro space suit outfit
    -drag the retro space suit into the content pack slot of for your character's character manager
    -in the "scripts" folder for the retro space suit you'll find the M3DRSSHelmetAssistant.cs
    - add M3DRSSHelmetAssistant.cs script below the character's character manager script
    - the helmet should now be visible with a few options

*in the same scripts folder there should be a readme.txt with a better set of instructions than I just gave

I hope this helps!

13. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Thanks. I will give it a try.

I also had some problems with the hair shader. It works good in the editor but not in builds (have tested windows and webplayer). I downloaded the lastes version of the Blacksmith hair shader and used that.
    With that shader it works in the builds.

There was 4 build errors in the included shader with morph.

14. SimoneDunzendorfer

SimoneDunzendorfer

@LennartJohansen What do you mean by "with that shader it works in the builds"? Does it look like the Volund Hair that Morph3D published with their MCS system?

15. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

The morph 3D vorlund is based on the free asset from the blacksmith demo, but does not compile correct for DX11 on my computer. I got the latest update of the shader from the unity asset store. It had an update for Unity 5.2. It looks almost the same. I got some issues with some flickering that looks like some "white noice" in the hair. did not have time to look in to it yet.

16. SimoneDunzendorfer

SimoneDunzendorfer

@LennartJohansen Thank you. I also wanted to ask if the hair in the newly created Morph3D packs also use the Volund shader. To me the new hair styles look like the usual DAZ hair. I am not sure if one can simply use the Volund shader or if special work by Morph3D is required to make it Volund style hair.
    Perhaps Morph3D can publish their roadmap so that we can see what will be fixed when.

17. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

Hey @lazloring, just a heads up, the fixes to the hairstyles in the MCS Female: Sci-Fi Bundle 01 are now live on the UAS. Your issues should be fixed now!

18. lazloring

lazloring

Just tried it out and it seems to work great. Looking forward to the future content!

berk-maketafi likes this.
  19. GeorgSchmidt1980

GeorgSchmidt1980

I like to purchase hair styles contained in new packages.
    But: Why does the hair look so different in commparison to hair in "MCS Male" asset?

20. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Hello @Morph 3D !

Can we finally get correctly placed pectoral bones???
    I need to check my boobs animations.
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

21. Keithoras

Keithoras

Hi there!
    Would it be possible to discuss in private with someone from @Morph 3D ?
    I work for an Indie studio and I tried to contact someone from the team by various means (by sending mail at askusanything@morph3d.com and morph3d@email.morph3d.com, filling the form on www.morph3d.com, even contacting daz3d support to get in touch) and still no answer. I'm a bit disappointed. I post here in last resort.
    Would it be possible to have an answer (even a negative one)?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  22. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

Hey @Keithoras, I just shot you an email, hit me up when you've a chance. Talk to you soon!

23. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

@Morph 3D ,

I think your MCS looks good. I decided to try it out. I downloaded the free male character. I have to use ragdolls for my game, so I processed your character through URG! Standard Edition. This is what the result looks like. Would you be willing to work with the UFG folks to see what is different about your MCS?

Thanks

24. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

@Tinjaw ,

I think a standard approach to ragdolls will not work with the Morph characters.
    For a basic character without clothes it should work as normal

The problem comes when you add clothes. These are separate skinned meshes with their own bone structure.
    When animated they are moved with the body with the animator but as a ragdoll they are not connected to the main character bone structure and position.

What should work is to add a script to the enabled clothes that mimics the bone position of the character as the ragdoll is moved by the rigidbodies.
    The clothes should have no rigidbodies or colliders.

Update: After looking at this I think it should work. The skinned mesh render on the clothes are set to the bone structure of the main character. Should not be hard to get it working

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    IanAtMorph3D likes this.
  25. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Just noticed some fantasy outfits added.. Is there going to be a free fantasy one released for us to test with by chance?

26. Firedan1176

Firedan1176

I'm liking the MCS Female Lite package so far, but I am experiencing some problems, and would like to know about scripting documentation. I am trying to access the GetAllLoadedClothingItems from the CIClothing object on my mcs female, but I receive a null reference exception. I'm confused by what is required when using this, and the other get methods (which return a null exception too).

27. Johannahe

Johannahe

I have been using Dynamic Bone for chest movements (like 119 other users)

but I want to animate the breast directly now because that gives me better control.

However I can't do that with the current bone rotation bug in Morph3D reported a few weeks ago and which still exists in 1.0r2.

Is that going to be fixed?

I will wait for a fix before I make my first purchase.

Thank you.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  28. EDarkness

EDarkness

After some serious work, I finally was able to get Morph3D in my project. Not sure why it was having so much trouble importing, but it's fixed now. Looking at a couple of the costume packs, but I wonder if there is going to be a way to adjust the outfit in more detail? For example, changing gloves, boots, belts, helmets, etc. I'm going to start working on an NPC randomizer and I want to have a little flexibility when it comes to clothes.

Gonna try to ranger outfit today and see how it meshes with my project. I hope we get to learn how people can create content for this system soon. Interested in seeing what other people come up with.

29. SimoneDunzendorfer

SimoneDunzendorfer

I feel that Morph3D releases more and more assets to gain more customers without replying to requests from experienced users.

Current issues are:

- White noise on hair
    - Build errors with default hair shader
    - Hair does not use Volund shader
    - Pectoral bones twisted
    - LOD 1 and LOD 2 are not manually created and thus bad

Did I forget anything?

Morph3D did not reply to any of these issues. Correct me if I am wrong.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  30. celebrus

celebrus

The problem I think, and of this I can't be sure, is that Morph3d does not have a dedicated customer support person. Thus the developers/designers respond to questions they are comfortable answering.

This is giving the perception that they do not care about their customers. Contrast this to Jeanette on the Mixamo forum and her dealing with very upset customers during their transition. Morph3d is still in its infancy so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt currently, but I am hoping for better communication and transparency.

Johannahe and SimoneDunzendorfer like this.
  31. Johannahe

Johannahe

32. ge01f

ge01f

problem1.PNG problem2.PNG How do you fix the clothing not covering the skin?

This is a stock model, no changes, and two of the sci fi outfits have skin overlap issues for me. Attached.

The render is better when the game is being played, instead of before playing, but a lot of the attributes also seem to break the clothes.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  33. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

We use what we term "Alpha Injection", this technology is only active during runtime. In certain circumstances you'll see a lower layer of clothing poke through an upper layer of clothing, this is a known issue and we'll be taking steps to remedy the issue in later releases.

34. EntropicalFruit

EntropicalFruit

@johannhesters The pectoral bones for these models are fixed. This may or may not change in future models. It should be a simple task to translate any required motion of these bones, or alter 3rd party routines to suit our layout. Alternatively, you could talk to 3rd party software providers to see if they can tailor routines to suit our models.

35. EDarkness

EDarkness

I wanted to post a pic of the ranger outfit in my game so folks can see it in action.

Might be a little dark, but it works pretty well. I'm only using the Lite stuff, but overall it looks good and seems to run fairly well. Gonna try the male version later today to see how that looks as well.

berk-maketafi and Acissathar like this.
  36. Kale

Kale

Talking about custom stuff, I haven't heard news on making your own stuff pass that it might/will be limited.

37. umutozkan

umutozkan

Hi EDarkness, you mentioned you used lite stuff. Does that mean you made the ranger outfit and get it work with MCS? If so I'd like to know how it is done :)

* I realized there is a female ranger outfit in assetstore. I had thought someone managed to create content for the MCS model. I will buy male and female in a heartbeat if I knew there is a viable way of creating content for them :/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  38. Gerschill

Gerschill

I have not followed the discussion in detail. What is the current state-of-the-art?

Do we have wrinkle maps now?
    No more skin poking through clothes?

Is there a way to list current issues that users reported?

What is the profit that we users get when we use MCS instead of exporting DAZ models?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  39. EDarkness

EDarkness

Man, this is something I want real bad. A way for pieces of gear to be made and the ability to make custom sets. Would be pretty awesome. The models are good and fit into my project without too much trouble...so far, but I want more flexibility in getting outfits in there. No offense to the Morph3D guys, but I think opening it up would allow for new outfits to be added faster.

40. Plutoman

Plutoman

From what I gather, those tools are in development. Having been working on large projects, I well understand that sometimes they aren't just 'ready' for public consumption. I'd rather have it come out when it's ready than have it come out, spend time on it, when it doesn't work and everything needs to be redone anyways.

It was mentioned prior that it's a convoluted process to do it by hand, involving dozens and dozens of steps, and that the toolset is supposed to help automate a large segment of that process.

Acissathar and berk-maketafi like this.
  41. Gerschill

Gerschill

What is the triangle count of the "Ranger Hair"?

42. Kale

Kale

I encountered a bit of an issue, with the Male Lite. I have an animation where the character falls, but when he lands, he goes slightly into the ground. During the animation, it seems his feet is slightly in the ground, and that causes the shoes to disapear, so that he appears bare footed.

Is that the issue with Unity culling it, or does the system does it on it's own? Or maybe the shader provided?

43. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

@Kale. It seems strange. The injection system that is used runtime masks the body covered by the clothes. even if the shoe is culled the foot would not show.
    To eliminate shaders etc. change the shader of the clothes to the standard shader. it will work good. The only real change in the custom character shader is the additional alpha that masks the body.

try this. does it still do the same?

Lennart

44. ge01f

ge01f

Yes, but when you resize the bodies, there tears happen during run time as well.

How can that be fixed?

Also, whats the schedule for opening up your inventory on clothing?

45. umutozkan

umutozkan

Allright, I checked DAZ Studio and browsed its models and assets shop. I realized some of the Morph3D models there, did some reading about licensing with DAZ. It seems that, to publish a game with DAZ model you need to have at least Indie Developer License (about $500).

At Morph 3D web site it's saying that Morph3D is from the team that manages DAZ 3D. And since Morph3D models are Genesis2 male and female models I wonder if I need to have DAZ's Indie Developer license to publish a game with Morph3D model? Or the purchase from unity asset store covers that?

I am a little confused about what I can and I can't do with Morph3D. I'd appreciate if you could clarify that for me. Thanks.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  46. Kale

Kale

Okay, swapping the shaders didn't really do anything, but I was playing around a bit and looke more closely. It isn't that the foot appears, but there is an outline, which I'm guessing just the alpha doing it's work. But the ankle appears, with the shoe going away.

I played with the camera a bit as well, and at the edge of the camera, the shoe gets culled and disappears (culled from the looks of it) which leaves the ankle exposed. But Moving the camera around gets it back. So it sounds like Unity's culling it for some reason, even though it's in camera's sight. Same thing for the editor view as well.

47. berk-maketafi

berk-maketafi

Hey there @umutozkan, great question, I totally see how this can be a bit confusing.

To put things simply MCS content is governed by the Unity Asset Store license which means that you can publish games that use MCS content.

Although Morph 3D has strong ties with DAZ 3D it is still a separate entity and makes it's own content and mods of DAZ content that are governed by a different EULA than DAZ's. I hope that makes senses?

So, yeah, get MCS content and figures and make some freakin' rad games!

IanAtMorph3D likes this.
  48. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

@Morph 3D - Any plans for Unreal Engine 4 support?

I know a fair few people over on the UE4 forums would love to get their hands on this. :)

Lastly - What are your plans for the development program that is detailed on your site?

Will it be an standalone editor similar to DAZ or will we need to use blender, Maya, or 3DS max to make clothing or characters for the platform?

Just curious here. :)

- HeadClot

49. martinamenegon

martinamenegon

Hi! I purchased the MCS Female and is simply amazing. I have a question to either @Morph 3D or any user here playing around with this asset and scripts..
    I managed to get random values for all blend shapes, changing in runtime. What i need though, is to set 1 random blend shape at the time to a random value. What i'm having trouble is to understand how to script that.. because i could only find the manager.GetAllBlendshapesNames and nothing more.. also did not succeed to find documentation regarding that.
    Any help? I would really appreciate it!

50. martinamenegon

martinamenegon

also: i can't seem to find breast bones in the model.. am i wrong? did i miss something? because ability to add breast movement would be great.

Johannahe likes this.